AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-03-10, 06:37   Link #101
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

at level 630, Tartar Sauce is the strongest player Cayna has encountered so far. It's also fortunate that he's not a bad person at all, seems like he's good friends with Cayna when they still played the game.

pirate skeleton don't stand a chance against OP players.

Cayna gained 1 loli. Just kidding.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 07:04   Link #102
ryllharu

It's still very refreshing for a power fantasy type of series that Cayna is an OP isekai protagonist who is arrogant, dismissive, and quick to threaten, but also so flippant that she never gets to the line of edgelord. She's not a Mary Sue like many female-centric isekai series, because we learn from the other players that her overwhelming power was all earned through her relentless play of the game while she was paralyzed.

She has played the game for 20 hours a day, seven days a week, at a minimum of 3 years thanks to the 20,000 hours figure to earn to the two bells.

She has become one of my favorite characters this season, because she isn't a flawless saint at least in terms of personality. She's literally doing and acting however she pleases simply because she can. I know a lot of others view this series as boring and uneventful because there's no real challenges, but it is better that the series just be an exploration of Cayna finally having a chance to live free in a world she generally loves. Rather than the types of series where they try to play off as if there's anything that can actually threaten the isekai'd female lead, when everything resolves itself easily with her OP abilities or is solved for her by her harem members.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 10:40   Link #103
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
She has played the game for 20 hours a day, seven days a week, at a minimum of 3 years thanks to the 20,000 hours figure to earn to the two bells.
Not surprising, since she was hospitalized for quite a long time with what seems to be fully paralyzed body (before she died while playing the game because of a power outrage which stopped her life-support or something).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 12:55   Link #104
ryllharu

True, but most of the other players don't know that.

My point is that she's earned her overpowered abilities, rather than being handed them by random circumstance or edgelord "weakest actually the strongest" stuff.
Old 2022-03-12, 13:21   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
True, but most of the other players don't know that.

My point is that she's earned her overpowered abilities, rather than being handed them by random circumstance or edgelord "weakest actually the strongest" stuff.
Compared to other players, yes. Compared to NPCs, no.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 13:31   Link #106
ryllharu

Why not? She's the legendary silver witch of the tower. And the mother of some of the most powerful people in the capital.

She lives up to her reputation and their expectations once they find out whose mother/grandmother she is.
Old 2022-03-13, 09:30   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Why not? She's the legendary silver witch of the tower. And the mother of some of the most powerful people in the capital.

She lives up to her reputation and their expectations once they find out whose mother/grandmother she is.
You were talking about how much she's earned her superior abilities. Compared to other players, she's played more, so her character is higher-leveled and has more items and so on. That's fair.

Compared to NPCs who actually trained and worked hard to become barely better than useless, she got godlike powers because she played video games. I'm not saying it's a problem that she, the MC, got OP for no other reason than that she's the MC. Few OP MCs earn their power in any meaningful sense. But here we are nonetheless. She's OP because she played a video game a lot.
Old 2022-03-17, 02:37   Link #108
Yan3242

Love the show but something about cayna attitude sometime just rub me wrong

Her tendency to “scold” someone is weird for me, granted is for comedic effect but sometimes it just weird me out
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 06:58   Link #109
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

relaxing episode. That cat girl maid is a mean one. Wants the butler to be "used" until only fur is left. lol

Cayna decide to settle down in a peaceful town. I wonder what her house will look like?
Old 2022-03-23, 11:22   Link #110
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Cayna is living the suburban dream in the end. The series was cute enough to stick with but ultimately pretty average.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-24, 10:33   Link #111
Alchemist007
*Author

Was a fun light hearted show.

7/10
Old 2022-03-24, 14:36   Link #112
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

For me personally there are 2 kinds of slice of life isekai shows: those that are boring, and those that are not.

This is definitely in the latter category
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-25, 09:50   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
For me personally there are 2 kinds of slice of life isekai shows: those that are boring, and those that are not.

This is definitely in the latter category
I don't see things in such a binary way. I'd say this one had some nice aspects, but it was definitely hobbled by some of the MC's more obnoxious qualities.
Old 2022-03-25, 11:14   Link #114
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 12:

good things in the show for me are.. the mercenary being saved from his wounds, the loli being rescued from the zombies, and the mermaid finding happiness in the village.

annoyed at the mean spirited humor of Cayna hurting people when she's in a bad mood.

overall, it's a watchable anime. 5/10
Old 2022-03-25, 18:11   Link #115
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah,well, my first impression was that it was kind of generic, my second impression a little better than that. It was OK. In a busier season I'd probably have dropped it, but it was on a day when i wasn't watching anything else and it was kind of pleasant fluff. While it does seem to leave hooks hanging for putative sequels, I have to admit I'd be surprised if there was more given how anoydne it was.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-27, 13:56   Link #116
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't see things in such a binary way. I'd say this one had some nice aspects, but it was definitely hobbled by some of the MC's more obnoxious qualities.
Well by "boring" what I really meant was anything that's even slightly better than By the grace of the gods, so I do agree with you
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-27, 22:47   Link #117
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You were talking about how much she's earned her superior abilities. Compared to other players, she's played more, so her character is higher-leveled and has more items and so on. That's fair.

Compared to NPCs who actually trained and worked hard to become barely better than useless, she got godlike powers because she played video games. I'm not saying it's a problem that she, the MC, got OP for no other reason than that she's the MC. Few OP MCs earn their power in any meaningful sense. But here we are nonetheless. She's OP because she played a video game a lot.
you don't get it do you? it is a "game" set up world, NPC character no matter how hard they train, can not use "tool box" to possess "magical skill", that is why the teacher would never made the high level potion even if he asking Cayna to teach him. just like Cayna can make cake, house, etc from skill and no other NPC can do that.

that is why Cayna wants to kill the majin, at 432 even her three kids (300), top of the nation, can not beat him, she want to kill him purely thinking protecting her kids first and foremost. for comparison, the giant Penguin requires 20 level 300 players to take down, and Cayna did it in one strike.

Cayna deserves her power because she is a good "player" compares to other player. to the point she is bestowed the GM power to run the game, I have no problem she took it out on people who made fun of her, especially Skargo even his sister and brother can't stand him, beside name one good character that was killed or badly hurt by her action? I would say it is the fault of people who knew how powerful she is and yet step on her toe. and Cayna is always restrain in her response, sometime even apology afterward, I doubt too many people, me and you included, if giving god like power, can restrain from going wild on a whim.

in general it is a so so anime adaption for me, novel is slightly better, something is off with the pace and BGM, and obviously they do not have the budget to make it nice, but compare to another similar light novel "She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man", that, is a god awful badly adapted anime, I enjoy both novel equally, and it is the first time I drop a series midway through the first episode. compare to it Leadale is actually enjoyable if Cayna's OP/attitude is all you can find faults with.

adaption can works both way, Infinite Stratos is an example that adapted a bad novel well, but most of the time it just doesn't match up, (Danmachi?). Spring anime another one of my favorite light novel Otome Game, from the PV character design, looks very bad, let's just hope I was wrong on that.

Last edited by Hata; 2022-03-27 at 23:12.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 01:27   Link #118
jasper222

Anybody still reading the LN for this one? Currently on Vol 6, is Siren doing what I think she's doing?

Spoiler for Leadale Vol 6 Spoilers:
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote