AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-27, 12:20   Link #1
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Super Robot Taisen W Announced! (Nintendo DS)

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/863...7566139zm0.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/211...7515087yj9.jpg

Alternate links:
Code:
http://www.geocities.com/prince_celice/1167237566139.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/prince_celice/1167237515087.jpg
Cast List:
Gaogaigar
Gaogaigar Final
Full Metal Panic! Series *NEW? (This could possibly mean including Second Raid since its general)
Nadesico
Nadesico -The Prince of Darkness-
Gundam W Endless Waltz
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Astray *NEW
Gundam SEED X Astray *NEW
Tekkaman Blade
Tekkaman Blade II *NEW
Detonator Organ *NEW
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser VS Ankoku Daishogun
Getter Robo G
Shin Getter Robo (Manga) *NEW
Golion *NEW
(Also known as Voltron)

Last edited by Sety; 2006-12-28 at 07:48.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 23:05   Link #2
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Woohoo!

:d
Old 2006-12-27, 23:41   Link #3
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The graphic looks like same as J, but it don't matter Gaogaigar+Tekkaman= ownage
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:43   Link #4
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
*Wants*

Hope I can borrow a NDS from others.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 05:07   Link #5
l33tpocky

Send a message via AIM to l33tpocky
Yeah but with all the licensing problems over here i doubt this game will ever see stateside .
Haha voltron
l33tpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:01   Link #6
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
That's certainly interesting. GaoGaiGar's debut on a portable system is certainly neat. But, yeah I can definitely see the similarities with J. The pic of Golion's sword attack looks almost exactly the same as Voltes V's V-no-Jigiri from J.
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 15:31   Link #7
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I just bought my DS Lite 3 weeks ago and I'm thinking that its probably is the best choice in gaming I ever had.

Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, FFIII, Pokemon Dia/Pearl, Revenant Wings and now, SRWW? lol

SRWOGS, SRWW, now I want to see what Banpresto has for PS3.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 00:29   Link #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
SRWOGS, SRWW, now I want to see what Banpresto has for PS3.
They have to get SRW OG out the door first.

Besides, SRW hasn't changed too much over the years, with the exception of Scramble Commander. I'm not really into RTS genera (rather, the micro-management that entails), but it's really time for the SRW series to add an extra dimension (literally) in its game play. A system similar FF XII would be nice.
Old 2006-12-30, 03:00   Link #9
M L Monster
三尉

I dont like how they have stopped adding UC Gundam in the recent SRW games.

But I guess itll keep the fans occupied until OGS
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 10:02   Link #10
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 052569 View Post
Besides, SRW hasn't changed too much over the years, with the exception of Scramble Commander. I'm not really into RTS genera (rather, the micro-management that entails), but it's really time for the SRW series to add an extra dimension (literally) in its game play. A system similar FF XII would be nice.
Yea, they haven't changed much, but its a winning formula, like the FF had their own.

I love FFXII's battle system, adding direction and movement to an active time environment.

But you can't actually add active time into turn based strategy, I can't think of a really big change to the battle system.

As long as the SRW series continues with its great storyline and fanservice , I'm fine with it.

Though I'm sure there's room for major changes on a blu-ray. Impressive graphics, music, countless series or characters and units, along with several hundred chapters probably won't even take up even half a disc.

Back to SRWW, I'm interested in how dual screens and touch screen can improve SRW gameplay. Maybe you can use the stylus to move units, unit status is always on display on the upper screen or something.

Old 2006-12-30, 14:23   Link #11
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Most radical change I'd foresee coming to standard SRW fare would be a refined implementation of how crits, dodging, hitting was done in Zone of Enders: Fist of Mars. The stats still work....but ya gotta work through and beyond them as the player.

I just hope for voicework for attack in this game...so that from now onward it becomes a standard.

I wouldn't get too ahead on oneself on PS3 though..I highly doubt SRW would be one to max out the format. Granted, more likely so than a 50GB Streetfighter IV or something...but still out there. I'm not even sure the latest and greatest PS2 iterations fill up a DVD9 yet....same for SRWXO on 360. Also, the more they add, the higher the costs in licensing, work hours, game balancing, animation and HD stuff....the works. Not to mention the game would take forever to come out seeing as how Banpresto isn't exactly the most massive of companies in terms of a workforce for the massive amount of gruntwork such a game would entail. I don't think there'll be a new SRW...or at least a massive scale new one for any of the next gen consoles until at least 2008/2009 when the sales are high enough to take a big risk for it...along with having a much deeper understanding of all relevant system power. A refined/updated/fully realized Scramble Commander meshed with a refinement of the best of ACE would rock the world though.

DS wise, I'm pretty sure they already confirmed the top screen for stats and such, with the bottom being the Map with support for stylus control should one desire it. I'd LOVE to see the Mic used as a way to modify accuracy/power for ultimate attacks and such via screaming it skilfully into the DS...everybody would get a kick outta that.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 15:40   Link #12
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken! View Post
I'd LOVE to see the Mic used as a way to modify accuracy/power for ultimate attacks and such via screaming it skilfully into the DS...everybody would get a kick outta that.
Now there's an idea we could really get into. I'd love to add omph to attacks via the mic. Goodness knows I already shout along for "Goldion Hammer! Hammer Hell! Hammer Heaven! Zonder yo, hikari ni nare!"
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 17:04   Link #13
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken! View Post

DS wise, I'm pretty sure they already confirmed the top screen for stats and such, with the bottom being the Map with support for stylus control should one desire it. I'd LOVE to see the Mic used as a way to modify accuracy/power for ultimate attacks and such via screaming it skilfully into the DS...everybody would get a kick outta that.
Imagine doing that with Raideen (too bad he isn't this game), louder you scream the god roar's power increase.
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 19:26   Link #14
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Imagine doing that with Raideen (too bad he isn't this game), louder you scream the god roar's power increase.
LOL, reminds me of myself when I played @3 the first time when Akira summons Raideen. I reloaded that intermission before the stage several times just so that I can listen and yell with him at the same time. I have considered many times to become a voice actor, especially for mecha anime. SRW is the exact reason why I learnt japanese, so that I can understand the whole thing and shout along with the pilots.

It would be incredibly cool to have voice control, but probably won't be as complicated as we're imagining it.

Old 2006-12-30, 19:56   Link #15
Spirit Chicken!

Seems like all they'd need it a bit fo a timing bar and the program for the mic so that it picks up on the rough pitch to determine applicable attacks. Like:
GEH//TAH///BEEEEAMMMM (roughly how it sounds....forget spelling for now)

It would not need to be able to pick up us shouting that in particular....all it needs is pretty well the same timing matching pitch:

BO//BO///BOOOOOO (I'm a Bo^7 fan, so since the show I hear all musical notation in terms of "Bo" ) would tell the game we "got it right" Regardless if ya said Doh, Go, etc.....it is close enough. Yeah, ya could just grunt it all correct....but then you won't look or feel as cool.

BO/bo///BOOOOO "where's your Spirit punk? that's not the same feel!" FAILURE
Old 2006-12-30, 22:27   Link #16
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I just realize there is three Gai in SRW W. Gai from Gaogaigar, Gai from Nadesico, and I think the guy who pilots blue frame is also Gai
Old 2006-12-31, 23:38   Link #17
DaigoMadoka

Adding GoLion is suprising to me, because I recall reading all over the place that GoLion wasn't as popular in Japan as it was when it was Voltron...it could be Banpresto realizing that if they have a unit that's well known on a game that doesn't require any mods people from overseas will buy the game. But nonetheless, he's still going on my bench.

But I like the way SRW is. It may of stayed the same, but I rather have it stay to a formula that works instead of trying one that isn't as good as it sounds and screws up the game entertainment wise. But I'm pretty enduring, as long as this (or any other SRW game) doesn't achieve the same difficulty rating as F/F Final, everything is fine.
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 23:55   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looking at the series and the fact that A) Most are popular in North America and B) Copyrights belong to three companies in North America (ADV Films, Media Blasters and of course Bandai Entertainment) I have a feeling they are attempt to get it licenced here. And Yes to the guy above the character that pilots Blue Frame is Gai Murakami. I've just been waiting for the chance to use the 150 Meter Gerbera Straight and here it is finally (though if Zengar where in the game it would be even cooler). If only they'd do Eureka 7 and Overman King Gainer though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 10:53   Link #19
Spirit Chicken!

Nope....Getter G, Shin Getter Manga, Ankoku Daishogun, and dealing with Urban Vision with regard to Tekkaman Blade II( or worse if they've since lost the license), and possibly GGG FINAL(GGG TV release nowhere near done by March...plus Mediablasters hasn't particularly announced FINAL yet)= Won't come to the USA unless all of the above gets licensed fairly soon AND all the companies feel like getting together to play ball.

Also, I'd forget about Eureka 7 for awhile....too new. Remember, they still need to work in Fafner, Godannar, Dangaizer 3, various Yuusha shows other that GGG, several other old school shows, and who knows what else. I suspect that any new MODERN series will make their debuts on further CONSOLE SRW game due to the needed boost for SOUND(If Banpresto is cowardly on DS) and GRAPHICS necessary to better appeal the newer/shinier shows to their fans. After that is when I'd imagine they become eligible for appearances in the downgraded handhelds.
Old 2007-01-20, 18:24   Link #20
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Bit late, but 'brand' new scans.

(I kinda put off posting them)

Code:
http://www.geocities.com/prince_celice/36728_up166293_122_512lo.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/prince_celice/36736_up166294_122_324lo.jpg
-Full Metal Panic: Second Raid is confirmed.
-First screens of Detonator Orgun
-First Nadesico Prince of Darkness screens
-Boxart group pic confirmed
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote