AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2006-12-21, 00:14   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hayate the Combat Butler {Hayate no Gotoku!} generic discussion

Production Company: Synergy SP

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Expected Release Date: 2007

I was searching on another series that lead me to this blog where I read about this upcoming series. The description of the characters in the blog had my attention immediately. After doing a search for a thread in the ASuki forums yielded Eggplant's post on the upcoming anime adaptation of the series in New Announced Anime thread. The news makes me happy even though I practically knew nothing of the series up until recently.

The series is based on a manga by Hata Kenjirou that is serialised in Shounen Sunday. The list of cast as follows:

Ayasaki Hayate: Shiraishi Ryouko
Sanzenin Nagi: Kugimiya Rie
Maria: Tanaka Rie
Katsura Hinagiku: Itou Shizuka

OP theme song: "Hayate no Gotoku!" by KOTOKO
ED theme song: "Proof" by MELL

I have read several synopsis on the subject but I believe ANN has captured the most amusing description as it reads in the following:
With a debt of 1.5 million, 16-year old Hayate Ayasaki's parents sell him to the yakuza to pay it off. Not wanting to be cut up and sold on the black market, Hayate escapes from the yakuza thugs, and finds a very rich girl by the name of Nagi wandering in a park at night. Deciding to kidnap the girl for ransom money, Hayate's kidnapping speech was wrongly taken as a confession of love to Nagi. She finds out about the debt, and, feeling sorry for Hayate, pays it off, as long as Hayate will be her butler until he pays off the 1.5 million (which will take about 40 years).
Will update when more information is known. Looking forward to it!

edit: [Jan 13, 2007] Updated cast info, thanks to Siegel Clyne!!!

edit 2: [Mar 2, 2007] Updated website url, and OP & ED theme title. Thanks goes to NeoSam and Siegel Clyne!

edit 3: [Mar 12, 2007 Updated the name of the Animation Production company, and all thanks to me!!

Last edited by monir; 2007-03-12 at 18:13.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 02:57   Link #2
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Unfortunately, the source of all this, the 25th world hobby fair site, deleted the part about the Hayate announcement soon after it was put up on the webpage. This means that the info was either false to begin with, or it was not meant to be announced at this point.

In any case, as of right now, a Hayate anime is still unconfirmed.

Edit: Personally, I'm leaning towards (hoping for) the latter though. I think we'll hear something more concrete soon.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-12-23 at 02:43.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 00:52   Link #3
-Breakthrough-

Hope its confirmed. Hayate's one of the funniest mangas I've read.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 00:59   Link #4
raikage
日本語を食べません!

must...find...series...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 02:39   Link #5
Lost

If it does get confirmed, I just wanna say I'll put this on my to-watch list; the premise of the show sounds interesting and just right for a comedy.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 17:45   Link #6
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Same here. This is one of the mangas I want to see animated.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 13:43   Link #7
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Announced on this week's Shonen Sunday:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20061229#p17

TV anime adaptation confirmed.
No staff details yet, but those will show up soon enough.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 08:36   Link #8
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I'm really happy this has been confirmed to be made in to anime, the manga is very interesting read.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 16:24   Link #9
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Well, thats great news. Still no vintage date though.
But great news anyways, Im seeing this!
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 20:07   Link #10
-Breakthrough-

Great new indeed ^^ Glad its confirmed.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 20:30   Link #11
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I wonder if they'll be able to keep in all the random references, or if they'll have to use new ones.

The weird references are part of the fun of the manga.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 01:37   Link #12
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

All i'm hoping is 1/2- 2/3 of the manga refrence, since all the random refrence to thing like mobie type devices from random anime like ES, and speech habits are almost impossible keep (unless you are Kyoani).
Old 2007-01-10, 17:28   Link #13
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Here's some more info

http://websunday.net/news/

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 17:41   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Here's some more info

http://websunday.net/news/
Thanks for the link, but it seems that snippet of article pretty much confirming what Sushi-Y and Eggplant have already mentioned in their posts. Just like us, they are also awaiting for futher news on information related to director, studio, VA's and such.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 22:47   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I'm hoping Sunrise gets to helm this...or at least Studio Comet. Sunrise has a very solid track record with manga adaptions of similar approaches and know their references, even to points of adding extra references (( cause they're Sunrise ))/exagerrating the references to great amusing extremes. Keroro Gunsou, Yakitate Japan (( LoTR anyone? )) and Gintama for one were very good.

Similarly, Studio Comet's work on School Rumble were solid as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:05   Link #16
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

In term of details through I don't thing and faithfulness to the original story through i dont think anyone is going to beat Kyoani.

JC staff for some reason is high on my list too, For one reason or other I image the voice of Kugimiya Rie as Nagi, and Satoshi san as Hayate, and Maria unconditionally goes to Horie Yui
Old 2007-01-12, 17:02   Link #17
Siegel Clyne

Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku!) Cast(?)

According to a person who 2ch posters regard as a trustworthy source of information, the Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku!) cast is as follows:

Character : Seiyuu (Voice Actor)

[Ayasaki] Hayate : Shiraishi Ryouko
[Sanzenin] Nagi : Kugimiya Rie
Maria : Tanaka Rie
[Katsura] Hinagiku : Itou Shizuka
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 03:34   Link #18
Siegel Clyne

It's Mariel... err... Maria

Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku!) Cast(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
According to a person who 2ch posters regard as a trustworthy source of information, the Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku!) cast is as follows:

Tanaka Rie has a penchant for cosplaying and has dressed up as many of the characters she plays in anime, games, and whatnot: Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed~Destiny; Meer Campbell from Gundam Seed Destiny; Suigintou from Rozen Maiden~Traumend~Ouverture; [Dark] Chii from Chobits; Simca from Air Gear; Sanada-san (Ms. Sanada) from UFO Princess Valkyrie~ (UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie~); Mariel from Hanaukyou Maidtai~La Verite (Hanaukyo Maid Team~La Verite); Saki from The Steel Angel Kurumi; Karen Erra from Phantasy Star Universe ... and, apparently, Maria from Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku!).

Pics from Her Blog of Tanaka Rie Dressed Up as a Maid at Her Cafe de Rie TEA PARTY in Osaka, Japan, December 10, 2006

Tanaka Rie Maid Pic #1

Tanaka Rie Maid Pic #2

Tanaka Rie Maid Pic #3

Mariel... err... Maria is a maid.

Tanaka Rie apparently likes dropping hints, here and there, on her upcoming but yet unannounced roles. One recent example comes immediately to mind.

Just before she announced on her blog in early August 2006 that she had landed the role of Matsukata Hiroko, the main character in the Hataraki-Man anime, Japanese fans noticed shots of Tanaka Rie making gestures of smoking cigarettes.

Matsukata is a heavy smoker.

In the past, Tanaka Rie has played a number of maids, or characters who wear maid uniforms - e.g., Mariel, Sanada-san, Saki, Towa(-chan) in DNAngel - plus there is the current maid cafe craze in Japan, among other things, so it did not seem to mean much for her dressing up as a maid at a recent tea party.

One wonders, then, if the following pics hint at any upcoming roles for Tanaka Rie - if they hint at anything at all.

Pics of Tanaka Rie Wearing a Chinese Dress from Page of Her Regular Movie Column, "Tanaka Rie no Cinema ni Koishite!!" ("Fall in Love with Rie Tanaka's Cinema!!"), in Seiyuu Animedia, February 2007 Issue

Tanaka Rie Cheongsam (Qipao) Pic #1

Tanaka Rie Cheongsam (Qipao) Pic #2

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-01-13 at 07:04.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 04:24   Link #19
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post

Cool. I personally find it hard to imagine anyone else playing Nagi and am glad to see who's playing her.
Old 2007-01-13, 04:31   Link #20
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I was hoping for either Rie Kugimiya or Chiwa Saito for Nagi, personally. So this news makes me happy.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp