AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-09, 07:11   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Aaron008R
Hahaha! Recognition at last!
(But I think I messed up the first story , but two out of three ain't bad )

@Nightengale
If it makes you feel better, I believe the twins should still be able to make an appearance. Especially since a good amount of the story is about training, wouldn't be too out of place to get them to train Eri- I mean, the 4 of them... In the art of magical 'combat'...
Old 2007-04-09, 08:01   Link #122
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Base on the last 2 season, Chrono has only a set number of moves to show off

Season 1

1. Stinger Snipe (To me, sniper shot is more or less the same thing :heh
2. Break Impulse
3. Blaze Cannon

Season 2

1. Stinger Blade Execution Shift (Has the slickest name imo)
2. Struggle Bind
3. Eternal Coffin

... So, I'm expecting only 3 moves this time round as well
Hmmm... nitpicky and all, but after rewatching Nanoha a few times, I imagine that Snipe Shot is just a fancy name for Chrono controlling and redirecting Stinger Snipe (notice that when he says it, the previous Stinger Snipe he launched is the one that executed the move). After all, Stinger Snipe is supposed to be S in accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
But Genga's not as cool as Graham, despite looking younger. Not to mention both of Graham's familiars are obviously more powerful than both Ginga and Subaru.

I'd know that reality is cruel and the world prefers seeing pleasing-to-the-eyes-young people doing all the field work, but seriously, Graham should be there on person to pass down the torch to Hayate, even if it means his death. Graham needs to show that his old bones can still do the strut. My biggest grip with A's was how Hayate never met Graham in person.

I want greenlight on Mahou Shonen Classical Graham!
I know your pain. Who knows, maybe Graham may show up yet in his old interdimensional battleship, Wave Motion Guns and Yamato Cannons blazing for the final showdown...

"Shields Up, Weapons Online!"

Anyways, I'm hoping that Hayate at least meets Graham once during StrikerS, and lives up on his promise to tell her what he wanted to reveal, especially concerning the Book of Darkness.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-09, 08:14   Link #123
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Anyways, I'm hoping that Hayate at least meets Graham once during StrikerS, and lives up on his promise to tell her what he wanted to reveal, especially concerning the Book of Darkness.
Perhaps it has already happened. After all, it was shown in the A's epilogue that Hayate told Shamal to send pictures to Graham-san. But then, perhaps she still doesn't know. Though I highly doubt that she would not read about her own case in the archives of TSAB. All details should be there, including Graham's involvement. Perhaps we could get a flashback.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:02   Link #124
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Finally, a better quality version of Episode 2 appears to have been posted.

edit: Link removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Loner: You can't post links to raws here.
Gah. Had my dummy lights on high-beam again.

Last edited by Loner; 2007-04-09 at 10:16.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:09   Link #125
Skane
Anime Snark

I'm curious to know why it has been so difficult to locate good RAWs. Has StrikerS gone unpopular without us knowing about it? Are the RAW-providers mainly "Lolicons" who are protesting the "ageing" of the Triumphant Trio?

Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:12   Link #126
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I would think that, due to the narture of the location of first airing location, there is no resource to make a great capture, and after that there just seems to be no HD raws at all... and forcing us to settle with current MQ releases by all parties
Old 2007-04-09, 10:12   Link #127
Kensuke

Loner: You can't post links to raws here.

And from comments like this:
Quote:
dang it... another song and dance bit trying to get a good quality of this... just like last week, it's like LQ-MQ... HD later..
I think I will still wait.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:17   Link #128
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I would think that, due to the narture of the location of first airing location, there is no resource to make a great capture, and after that there just seems to be no HD raws at all... and forcing us to settle with current MQ releases by all parties
It's still a little baffling why we're getting worse quality raws than the last episode's.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:20   Link #129
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

yea... don't ask me why the quality sucks (the one I posted is still service-able)... tis the first actual decent RAW I could find.

Apparently it takes a few days, at least for Nanoha, for a *good* raw to come out.

EDIT: here's a quick cap of the quality:

Old 2007-04-09, 10:36   Link #130
Meophist

I just don't want to go through watching FLVs again
Old 2007-04-09, 11:08   Link #131
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyism View Post
yea... don't ask me why the quality sucks (the one I posted is still service-able)... tis the first actual decent RAW I could find.

Apparently it takes a few days, at least for Nanoha, for a *good* raw to come out.

EDIT: here's a quick cap of the quality:

Quote:
I just don't want to go through watching FLVs again
ehh it is pretty decent actually, at least my eyes are not bleeding while watching this compared to LLQ version earlier. It is about the same quality as ep1 LQ version , some parts in the middle a little bit lower though.
Old 2007-04-09, 16:19   Link #132
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Preliminary Thoughts on Ep02 RAW:
---- ----
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-09, 19:02   Link #133
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Well, I haven't seen LLQ yet, but I'm pretty happy with the MD quality. Episode 2 mostly sets things up; explaining the current situation. Favorite moments:
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Anyway, the censorship level seems rather weak in this episode... You'll know when you see it
Old 2007-04-09, 19:54   Link #134
johnjefferson3

i find it amazing that elio's arm peice is a watch but as soon has he sees carol just about to fall forward on the escalator, the watch must be intelligent since it says sonic move outloud and it also displays that mesage on the watch itself, and elo can instantly move real fast even without even changing his clothes, in fact he move so fast, he more than counteract the gravity of carol's falling motion and lifted her back up past the beginning of the escalator, when i saw it it was simply amazing the techonlogy has really advanced in just 10 years, and then a few moments later we get to see carol familar dragon, he is a little rugged strong looking dragon with some fighting spirit, even has a cute horn-ring (but shaped like a human nose-ring)so he can make a visual impact for sure!!!! i can not wait to so see him do some great or nasty litle things, this guy might put that little reinfore in her true proper place since i think he can handle her!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! i am glad they put this in the end of epsiode 2 since it balanced all the serious part in the beginning of the episode when they showed all the aces saving people and taking down the fire, with the aces, and then the next day, the same aces in the same bed after they used all their engey from the day before for the middle of the epsiode, so i can not wait until we see episode 3!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-04-09, 20:12   Link #135
CanonRap
Jacta alea est

Don't know why, but it amuses me to no end that Strada's 'civvie mode' is a watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
Spoiler:
The first male in Nanoha who actually likes girls?

At this rate, Elio wll probably end up being the most hated character in StrikerS.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:27   Link #136
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post

At this rate, Elio wll probably end up being the most hated character in StrikerS.

Whoa whoa whoa!

What do you mean by "The first male in Nanoha who actually likes girls?" I find that extremely offensive

...In other news:

Sonic Move: Saving falling girls since 2007. (Warning: recommended age 15+, might cause embarrassing awkward moments...)

Jokes aside, I'm starting to like this kid already

EDIT:

I notice something about Hayate's freezing technique, unlike Chrono's Durandal Hayate has to spend some time casting her spell, while Eternal Coffin flash freezes it.

(Oh yeah, and Teana bullying Subaru was pretty cute as well )
Old 2007-04-09, 20:37   Link #137
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
You forgot Nanoha's oniichan.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:40   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
You forgot Nanoha's oniichan.

...Yeah, while we're at it, there's also the unnamed kid who got caught in the lost logia in season 1, episode 3.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:49   Link #139
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Yeah, while we're at it, there's also the unnamed kid who got caught in the lost logia in season 1, episode 3.
I forgot about that.

In any case, in episode 1, we saw Nanoha use Divine Buster in the flashback, and then saw Subaru use Divine Buster later on. In episode 2, we saw Fate use Sonic Move in the flashback, and then saw Elio use Sonic Move later on. I wonder if something similar will happen in the next episode.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:50   Link #140
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

OMG, Elio's in this episode!! I think I'm crying the tear of pain...there's no way I can watch the raw unless someone post it youtube or divxTT-TT. And to think that I'm in Japan,...sigh.

Anyway, from the screenshot, I found the trio's WORKAHOLIC bed post to be rather amusing yet cute (esp. Rein-chan >w<) I'm now looking forward to see Fate's Cool Rescue and my dear Elio's infamous movement

Oh dear, and I thought I had quited Shotacon-cult years ago. Why do you have to drag me back into that darkness, Elio-kun?

ElioxCaro~~ >w<!!

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Closed Thread