AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-08, 20:11   Link #1
Yeti

Animejunkies ...is their website up?

I visited the site once and it was cool I was reading some of their articles on fansubbing and what anime is (that makes for some interesting reading) and so on...

Where is their site now? I think it was www.h3r0.net , or www.animejunkies.com

I tried both but keep getting a weird prompt and I have no idea what to put in it

I can't isntall an IRC client on this comp

So can someone tell me whats going on?

Or give me an email addy for someone there?
I want to show some of the articles to friends
Old 2003-11-08, 20:24   Link #2
LynnieS

Weird. There's a password prompt box for the site now. It looks like unless you're in the know and are given a login and password, you're not getting onto their site.

Their torrents page, according to AS's Groups page, is also unreachable also; I'm just getting a "HTTP 404 not found" error. Either they went private - i.e., members only - or split up?
Old 2003-11-09, 00:28   Link #3
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

aww i hope its nothing serious
Old 2003-11-09, 00:40   Link #4
sonar

Their topic in the channel (#animejunkies @ irc.mircx.com for the lazy ) is

AnimeJunkies:. [ site coming soon]...[ AJ website is in the process of construction.]
Old 2003-11-10, 05:10   Link #5
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Actually you should hope it is. AJ isn't really respected by many people. The only people who like them are the leeches.
Old 2003-11-10, 07:58   Link #6
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Read 'leeches' as 'people who don't know any better'. 'Cause you know, some leeches know enough japanese to recognize blatant BS'ing, even if they don't know exactly what it's supposed to mean.

Last edited by snoopy; 2003-11-10 at 11:22.
Old 2003-11-10, 10:10   Link #7
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
aww i hope its nothing serious
I hope it is. May AJ rest in peace, forever.
Old 2003-11-10, 17:02   Link #8
sonar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Actually you should hope it is. AJ isn't really respected by many people. The only people who like them are the leeches.
actually that's I believe they were saying... just with a tinge of sarcasm :P
Old 2003-11-10, 21:18   Link #9
okashi
okashinaaa?

Stop talking crap about a fansub group! If you dont like them dont download, its as simple as that.
Old 2003-11-10, 21:30   Link #10
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
I never said anything bad about them. I said they weren't respected very well. And that The leeches like them.

The only people who should feel offended are the leechers. Since the word "leecher" doesn't have a definate definition you'd have to interpret it yourself. You would only feel insulted if you interpreted the term "leecher" to mean you. Since it is not me who insulted you. You must have insulted yourself by interpreting the words wrong.
Old 2003-11-10, 21:49   Link #11
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Well, by definition, anyone who d/l anime are leechers, so that's probably 90 percent of the community out there, so your statement's pretty broad.

And I find it amusing how some people just love to criticize when they themselves do no fansubbing whatsover. You'd think people would be more grateful instead of gripping about how a certain group sucks, or how "at (whatever time) in (a certain fansub group's) release of (whatever anime), they mispelled a word!"
Old 2003-11-10, 22:28   Link #12
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

I think his definition of leecher means one who does not give back to the anime community. Whether it be fansubbing, distro or whatever... If you do nothing except download then you would qualify as being a JAppi leecher. So stop trying to twist his words...we can already tell what he is implying.

There's nothing wrong about complaining either...you're complaining about him complaining...get over it.

Oh, and I'm not gonna grateful for AJ fansubs or AJ quality fansubs and I never will be.
Old 2003-11-10, 23:28   Link #13
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

By the statement above, if you work in the community, then you have every right to criticise them, correct? Therefore, I have every right to tell you that AJ sucks. They must use nothing but first-year japanese students to do those translations, and I'm being 100% serious with you. Although, I don't see anything wrong with their timers or encoders, so I give those guys the thumbs up and advise them to leave AJ for a better group.

Also 'leechers' are generally people who download, yet give back in no way whatsoever. That was the original definition at least.
Old 2003-11-11, 00:09   Link #14
Iron Monkey

Hey, u can complain all you want; it's your right to on a message board. I'm just voicing my opinion, that's all.

Let's just leave it at that before this thread turns into yet another flame war. Seems like it always does when AJ is involved in the discussion.
Old 2003-11-11, 00:52   Link #15
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Golly gee, I wonder why
Old 2003-11-11, 02:10   Link #16
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I am on a holy crusade to educate the retarded. There's no way I can walk away when I see someone defend AJ.
Old 2003-11-11, 03:23   Link #17
Iron Monkey

I'm not really defending AJ. What I'm trying to say is, I don't like voicing displeasure at certain anime groups, because basically what they supply to me is free. If I don't like a certain group, I just don't d/l it. If someone asks, I tell them my recommendations, but I always try to refrain from saying a such and such group sucks. Rather, I would just say, "I d/l (whatever) groups version because...."

As for the "educating the retarded" comment, I hope you weren't directing that at me. If so :fingers: . But if not, please ignore, and here's another for an apology.
Old 2003-11-11, 03:27   Link #18
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

No, I directed the retarded remark to anyone who happens to swear by AJ's subs. It was a general statement, as well as my life goal. You see, I have no interest in participating in a community populated by fools, as I would be considered a fool by association.
Old 2003-11-11, 06:58   Link #19
Yeti

Whoa... there is that much stigma attached to AJ?

All I wanted to know was if their website was up...

Well in terms of Fansubbing I am new to groups so I tend to like to watch different groups, Soldats seems cool , Toriyama's World seems cool too,

You all have me wanting to watch and AJ file to see what you mean ...

*clicks a torrent* Now its just a matter of time ...
Old 2003-11-11, 07:35   Link #20
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

If being new to the community infers that you don't know anything but the most basic of Japanese, then you probably won't notice anything wrong. But you see, that's what we call 'ignorance'. And just as ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, I find it equally unexcusable to willingly watch an AJ sub expecting it to be accurate.

And do you know why the TW subs are good? It's 'cause they're done by manga people
Closed Thread