AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-30, 00:02   Link #141
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceyDeecy View Post
Fate and Nanoha's transformation sequences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo9cUd2gLTA

The cadets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8VU5Tvdydg
*Nose dribbles*

Watched the Fate bit 300 times. Nipawa~~

Notice that everyone was doing the typical mecha launch declaration? [Name], [Radio Callsign], Launching!

I think Erio's was done tastefully, as much as it could've been more in line with the girls. However, I'm sure his eyecatch (all the eyecatches possibly) would make great wallpapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
That rotor configuration is used in real life. I know the Ka-50 uses it and I'm sure it appears elsewhere.
Indeed, the stacked opposing rotor design is often used in industrial heavy lifters, however the agility of such craft pales in comparison with single or double separate rotor designs. Which makes Storm Raider rather special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
The whole transformation scene thing is MUCH better when it's not disturbing-loli-mode, in my opinion. I definitely felt catered to with the close-ups of the chest and waist area. I find that it's TOO much zooming in and it mildly made me feel dirty.

Am I the only one to note that Nanoha's Barrier Jacket mode was "AGGRESSOR Mode"? Nanoha and RH were battle crazy in fandom, but now, its canon! Now we have solid proof that Nanoha will definitely take out a whole city sooner of later. I prefer sooner, then again later.

I eagerly await for a limiter-off Nanoha with "Starlight Breaker." Maybe her next variation will be "Death Star Laser" or "Universe Breaker."
I wonder then is the evolution of the old BJ the Defensor Mode (Being made of more cloth and such)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Anyway, those "modes" probably won't account to anything yet thus far. It looks like it's their most casual battle mode to say the least, so unless Fate's still got her old Barrier Jacket skin-tight form in "DESTINY" mode, or Nanoha has a form where her pupils shade in colour "BERSERKER" mode or something, it's probably nothing to fret about...yet. I mean, even the rookie's device are limited, so for all we know maybe even Elio has an alternate "LIGHTNING SPEED" mode...or and an adult form.
Adult form?! That's going to boost her all the way into the heat zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post

I did notice that too, but if you're worried about the fandom versions of the cast becoming the canon, did YOU notice that when the rookies landed on the train they found out from Rein that their Barrier Jackets had been "upgraded" by the staff?

Cosplay Maniac Hayate... LIVES!?
Talk about fanservice...

*prays hard that NxF fandom doesn't become canon.*
Old 2007-04-30, 00:09   Link #142
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Eyes bleeding from watching the LLQ RAW, both from video-"quality" pain and fanservice. Anyone noticed that only Subaru had a bounce in her henshin sequence?

Oh, and just to repeat myself from the pre-season speculation posts... it is always the "cute little girls" who end up being the most powerful. Go Caro, GO! Become who you're meant to be! Prove me right and evolve into Lucetia!

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-30, 00:29   Link #143
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Eyes bleeding from watching the LLQ RAW, both from video-"quality" pain and fanservice. Anyone noticed that only Subaru had a bounce in her henshin sequence?

Oh, and just to repeat myself from the pre-season speculation posts... it is always the "cute little girls" who end up being the most powerful. Go Caro, GO! Become who you're meant to be! Prove me right and evolve into Lucetia!

Cheers.
Yeah that too.

Fate had a little jiggle when her bra disappeared that I saw and went nuts.

I agree to a large extent. Especially on the cute little girls bit. Now you must also note that she's a Dragon Rider as well, and they definitely own.

However, I still think Lutecia is not Caro but Caro's sister. Either that or its a Mwu VS Raww situation which is to say that Lutecia was an cloned upgrade of Caro using data scraped together from Project Fate. We'll know when there's a Newtype reaction.
Old 2007-04-30, 00:42   Link #144
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

LQ is out BTW... it plays a little jerky due to how the RAW provider recorded the episode, but at least everything is in sync.

... and today's lesson from NanohaS is: Bounciness = always good
Old 2007-04-30, 00:51   Link #145
Erio
Hiromi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyism View Post
LQ is out BTW... it plays a little jerky due to how the RAW provider recorded the episode, but at least everything is in sync.

... and today's lesson from NanohaS is: Bounciness = always good
Thank you as always, moyism. I'll do my best to wait for your next raw, though.
Old 2007-04-30, 01:01   Link #146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
this is just plain beautiful...fate channnnn!
Spoiler:

time to make a new fate chan siggy :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-30, 01:06   Link #147
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Actually, now I am just impatient to know how elaborate will Hayate's henshin sequence be? Also, just for kicks, whether Chrono will get one as well.

Durandul: "Judgement Form"
Assorted Fangirls: "*squealing*"

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-30, 02:08   Link #148
Julius Firefocht

OMG Fate is hot. Actually seeing the transformation sequence in action is an experience indeed.

On the other hand, Fate's sound effect for taking off sounds like a fighter jet. Too bad there is no sonic boom for her breaking the sound barrier. XD
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-04-30, 02:55   Link #149
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Better res caps up.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=72

Also, strung together all 6 transformation sequences with the better video and synced audio. Deleting the others from the world and my memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ttc6pcwyo
Old 2007-04-30, 03:10   Link #150
Nanohafied

After looking through ep5 cant wait to dl finish!!!slowly scrolling through the transformation pics with a bucket below my nose!!!!must seeeeeee!!!! why cant the thing dl faster!!!!
Old 2007-04-30, 03:24   Link #151
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceyDeecy View Post
Fate and Nanoha's transformation sequences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo9cUd2gLTA

The cadets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8VU5Tvdydg

I'm... At a lost of words.
There's no need to say this, but the Henshin sequences clearly surpassed and left my expectations in the dust.
Well, I guess I should give my comment on each. (At the order in which I watched them)

Subaru: Her Henshin sequence was the most engaging both in the actual transformation and the BGM. It was cool and not unlike the Final Fusion scene from GaoGaiGar. Though the gemstone appearing from Mach Caliber looked a little TOO familiar.

Teana: At first I started blushing at her initial scenes of her Henshin sequence . After that, though, I think her transformation scene and BGM is very suitable for her style. To put it simply, her sequence was Smart and Stylish in contrast with Subaru's.

Erio: Short but cool. I gotta hand it to the kid, he takes a lot from his adoptive siblings' level of coolness. But I'm not too sure about other people's reactions..

Caro: Cute. No other way to describe it. The music fitted perfectly with the little-girl-mage image. She would fit really quite well in a non-violent Mahou Shoujo anime.

Fate: Now this where I started to feel my face heating up. In any case, her Henshin sequence was even more cooler than the one she used to have ten years ago, with the stylish sound effects and all. But the close up's really made me wonder which temperature was more suitable. I guess it's both Hot and Cool.

Nanoha: I don't know about you guys, but they just cranked up the Nanoha fanservice a hundredfold. I was wondering if steam was coming out of my ears from embarrassment because of the close-ups. (I don't mean to brag, but I have a better hold on my nose than most people. So at least I avoided some blood loss ) In any case, her transformation sequence was arguably the best articulated one of the ones shown so far. The BGM was suitable main character fare.

I can't wait to see Hayate's.
Old 2007-04-30, 03:36   Link #152
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Just got back from the hospital, and I shall clarify that I was there for attachment, as much as Epi 5 has been giving me nosebleeds.

<<<<<< See my avatar!

*glasses mist up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Actually, now I am just impatient to know how elaborate will Hayate's henshin sequence be? Also, just for kicks, whether Chrono will get one as well.

Durandul: "Judgement Form"
Assorted Fangirls: "*squealing*"

Cheers.
It'll probably be an Erio affair. He's set the precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
OMG Fate is hot. Actually seeing the transformation sequence in action is an experience indeed.

On the other hand, Fate's sound effect for taking off sounds like a fighter jet. Too bad there is no sonic boom for her breaking the sound barrier. XD
So does Accel Fin. But I suppose the "sound barrier" got masked by the shattering of the "transformation (modesty) bubble" both commanders came out of.

Notice the bubble I mentioned. The fast henshin is only of a cloud surrounding the mage's body from the neck down. Ever wondered if there was stat differences btw fast henshin and and full henshin, which results from that giant bubble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Better res caps up.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=72

Also, strung together all 6 transformation sequences with the better video and synced audio. Deleting the others from the world and my memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Ttc6pcwyo
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm... At a lost of words.
There's no need to say this, but the Henshin sequences clearly surpassed and left my expectations in the dust.
Well, I guess I should give my comment on each. (At the order in which I watched them)

Subaru: Her Henshin sequence was the most engaging both in the actual transformation and the BGM. It was cool and not unlike the Final Fusion scene from GaoGaiGar. Though the gemstone appearing from Mach Caliber looked a little TOO familiar.

Teana: At first I started blushing at her initial scenes of her Henshin sequence . After that, though, I think her transformation scene and BGM is very suitable for her style. To put it simply, her sequence was Smart and Stylish in contrast with Subaru's.

Erio: Short but cool. I gotta hand it to the kid, he takes a lot from his adoptive siblings' level of coolness. But I'm not too sure about other people's reactions..

Caro: Cute. No other way to describe it. The music fitted perfectly with the little-girl-mage image. She would fit really quite well in a non-violent Mahou Shoujo anime.

Fate: Now this where I started to feel my face heating up. In any case, her Henshin sequence was even more cooler than the one she used to have ten years ago, with the stylish sound effects and all. But the close up's really made me wonder which temperature was more suitable. I guess it's both Hot and Cool.

Nanoha: I don't know about you guys, but they just cranked up the Nanoha fanservice a hundredfold. I was wondering if steam was coming out of my ears from embarrassment because of the close-ups. (I don't mean to brag, but I have a better hold on my nose than most people. So at least I avoided some blood loss ) In any case, her transformation sequence was arguably the best articulated one of the ones shown so far. The BGM was suitable main character fare.

I can't wait to see Hayate's.
Oh man, the pain and the heat's all part of the enjoyment! "Ya ain't a fanboy until ya makin' ah mess of da table", as my uncle once so gloriously said.

Can I be so bold to ask if it's it possible to make a sig of Fate's henshin?

Nanoha's Barrier Jacket was Agressor mode and Bardiche said something too. I heard Ghost Form, but the sound and video quality denied all closer investigations. Anyone has any idea?
Old 2007-04-30, 03:45   Link #153
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

I still insist on a "Gattai" sequence for Hayate.

[What If...]

(The following is a parody of Tengan Toppa Gurren-Lagann's 4th episode)

(Hayate and Reinforce-Zwei begin their Unison)

Hayate: "A passionate fusion is spirit! That's the beauty in it!"

*cue 30s or so of Hayate fusing with R-Zwei*

Hayate & R-Zwei: "Sisterly Fusion! Unison In!"

(Hayate touches down)

Hayate: "We've got this tied up!"

Teana: "Unison... Device?..."
Enemy Minion: "That was badass!"
Enemy Boss: *backhands minion* "16-Drones Fusion!
R-Zwei: "It really is big."
Hayate: "Being big just means you're a fatass!"
Enemy Boss: "WHAT?!"
Hayate: "Having a lot of drones doesn't make you great. A passionate fusion... ain't like a cheap fling... you just dump the next day! That isn't a real bond. It's just an overblown fake."

Chrono: "What the Hell is she babbling about?"
Fate: "A true bond?"
Nanoha: "That's it! That's what's different!"

*cue beatdown of enemy Drones*
~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-30, 04:27   Link #154
Julius Firefocht

@Kha: I think Bardiche said "Impulse Form".

I just watched Ep 5 raw. And I lost count of how many times I watched Fate's transformation sequence. The animation for this episode is good, easily the best out of the 1st five episodes. And with good reason, since Fate and Nanoha were happily kicking robot butt with glee.

I am still amazed at the amount of destruction that the two captains can do, even when they are limited in their power. I mean, Fate and Nanoha practically cleared the skies for the newbies, giving them a secure "landing zone". I also noticed that they have grown powerful enough to use their attacks with a minimum of incantations and preparation. Their full power mode should be interesting to behold.

Also, what intrigues me is that there may be more forms of barrier jacket that they haven't shown us. Fate in her old barrier jacket would be so hot that it would totally blow the screen off my moniter, for example.

Fate's black pantsu for the win. Her poses during the sequence just oozes class and beauty. Subaru and Tia's henshin sequences were well made too, though I am curious why Subaru had the privilege of having the biggest bounce among all the henshin sequences. Tia's sequence was cool, enough to make me wonder if she would fit better with the Lightning Squad, along with Fate.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-04-30, 04:27   Link #155
Eclipze

@Skane: But they're drones! drones don't talk...I think...
Old 2007-04-30, 04:33   Link #156
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Ok, after looking through the Uber-LQ raw that made my eyes hurt, and the LQ which I stayed and watched the transform scene, I need a Fate to take home with

It is expected for the production team to finally give us a transform scene, its "Mahou Shojo Gundam" after all. Still I gotta stay I don't mind adult Fate at all. out of all the Aces we have yet to see Hayate then again I'm guessing we will not see that at Mid boss at least. (and loled at Skane's "Gattai" sequence).

Looks to me to be centred on Caro, but all New Star did get fair bit of action as well as the Aces, If Nanoha and Fate can take on all the Drones in under 2 sec with limiter on then with limiter off does make me wonder.... and men isn't mech caliber talkactive and while Teana's Cross Mirage give me the feeling of Bardiche, which can only mean more win....

The Erio-Caro moments require more bashing from me , Get your hands off Caro you Baka Shota. and good job Drone for beating Erio up, to bad you did not finish it but at least there is next time. Also is it me for Freid's attack looks more and more like magaflare.....

The ep ends with the introduction of the villian of the round, as a friend I know suggested look like he will not become Nanoha's friend . still Lutecia is still fair game...

On to preview Training with Vita... I'll say no more regarding this other then say I'm very worried.....

All in all good Ep.
Old 2007-04-30, 04:46   Link #157
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Nanoha's Barrier Jacket was Agressor mode and Bardiche said something too. I heard Ghost Form, but the sound and video quality denied all closer investigations. Anyone has any idea?
Fate's Barrier Jacket.... sounded like Impulse Form to me.
Old 2007-04-30, 04:46   Link #158
Woden

With all these training sequences, it'll be a tragedy if we don't see at least ONE training montage AMV.
Old 2007-04-30, 04:57   Link #159
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
The Erio-Caro moments require more bashing from me , Get your hands off Caro you Baka Shota. and good job Drone for beating Erio up, to bad you did not finish it but at least there is next time. Also is it me for Freid's attack looks more and more like magaflare.....

On to preview Training with Vita... I'll say no more regarding this other then say I'm very worried.....
*Shields up and takes the hit for the cute couple cuddling in corner*

Leave them alone, hetero-phobe! I haven't watched this epi so I can't mount a proper defence but...

Kyuu~~

See? Even Freidrich agrees. I wonder if its was Friedrich who fried the Erio-fryer.

I'm trying to be poetic.

And my sentiments sentiments exactly on Vita's Special Menu.

Thanks Rob and Julius!
Old 2007-04-30, 05:00   Link #160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Curse mine attachment! I've missed out 2 pages of fun!

... Waiting for the raws, chinese subs would probably take awhile...
Closed Thread