AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-15, 03:33   Link #1
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
[Manga] Jinchuuriki/Biju role in Naruto

Everyone seems to agree that Gaara was an interesting and powerful character. Lots of depth, character development, and an important role in the story. So why haven't we seen another Jinchuuriki take a similar role? Why do the Jinchuuriki/Biju seem to have turned into jobbers instead of the uber powerful characters they should be? Let's look at what has happened to them.

Two Tails: Yugito. A really promising female character with a cool design. We don’t see really any of her fight. Just fodder to show off Hidan and Kakuzu.

Three Tails: Sanbi. It’s only real contribution is that we learn there are wild biju out there. Other than that, the giant turtle doesn’t make much of an impression as Deidara and Tobi goof around and still own him easy.

Four Tails: Old guy in last chapter. Apparently can use element fusion attacks and was a handful for Kisame. But we don’t get to see any of that fight and instead just the aftermath with the poor old guy hanging on Kisame’s sword.

Five Tails: Gobi. The white dog. Likely already extracted and sealed

Six Tails: Rokubi. The weasel. Likely already extracted and sealed

Seven Tails: Shichibi. The badger. Likely already extracted and sealed

Eights Tails: Hachibi. The snake. Probably the only one remaining other than Naruto.

So we are now left with the eight tails as maybe our last hope to do something. Getting rid of the jin like this was a wasted opportunity. Naruto could certainly use someone who could teach him how to better control the Kyuubi. We’ve seen Yugito instantly go into biju mode and she seemed to still have some control. She was closer to Naruto’s age and could definitely bond with him. Naruto/Yugito could have been a great relationship.

The old guy could have also been a great teacher. Since jinchuuriki are not suppose to live that long, you can only imagine how badarse that guy was. Imagine Naruto learning from him. But instead he's a jobber to Akatsuki. What a waste. Oh well. I guess Kishimoto only cares about his Sasuke Stu anyway.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 06:22   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Dont forget that all jinchuuriki's are seen as outcast. If either the 4th or 3rd didnt cared for Naruto he'd be either dead already or treated just like Gaara.
Because the 3rd made it a rule not to speak about the Kyuubi.. Naruto is what he is. He'd be a chakra monster if it werent for the living 3rd.

Gaara for example changed after he met Naruto. He became Kazekage and looked at life on a different way. So i doubt the remaining jinchuuriki isnt treated like outcast. Even worse perhaps they even assist Akatsuki in capturing him/her/it.

Yes, i too thought that at the beginning of the series Naruto. That jinchuuriki's (the most rare breed in Naruto 9 max.) were the most powerfull or atleast hold the most potential. But then his ambition and fan brains have made the Uchiha Clan furfil that role. Yes, The Uchiha shall be compared with the Saiyans. (dont even think that it's weird)
Old 2007-05-15, 06:33   Link #3
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Oh well. I guess Kishimoto only cares about his Sasuke Stu anyway.
Finally...I'm not the only one calling Sasuke a Mary-Sue...er...Gary-Stu
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:58   Link #4
Rahan

Quote:
So we are now left with the eight tails as maybe our last hope to do something.
Since the last one seems to be Itachi's target, I think it will probably be rescued by Sasuke or Naruto. It doesn't matter much, but I had deduced from the pupils's appearance order that the last one was either the 5 or 6 tails.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 12:36   Link #5
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Since the last one seems to be Itachi's target, I think it will probably be rescued by Sasuke or Naruto. It doesn't matter much, but I had deduced from the pupils's appearance order that the last one was either the 5 or 6 tails.
Interesting. Itachi said that getting the biju up to the eight tails made the most sense. But I guess the order doesn't matter as long as the nine tails is last.

We have seen the one tail, two tail, three tail, and four tail captured. So I guess it makes sense that Kishimoto might show us the five tail next. The six tail, seven tail, and eight tail would have already been captured.

It's a shame we will never get to see most of the jin/biju fight. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
Finally...I'm not the only one calling Sasuke a Mary-Sue...er...Gary-Stu
I thought Kishimoto would have never gone this far into Mary Suedom with a character. But I guess when you are the author's darling and favorite, anything is possible.
Old 2007-05-15, 15:54   Link #6
Nice Gai

hey,ulquiorra,how can you tell what the 4,5,6,7,8 tails are gonna look like, huh?
you are not following that stupid legend are you?
I am pretty sure it's a fakelore made by distorting some of the features of some of the mythical creatures having mostly 1 or no tails.
Even if it was somehow related to actual legends,there is no guarantee that kishimoto will follow it and create a carbon-copy.for example,the sanbi is much more like a turtle than the shark shaped creature that was mentioned in the legend.

i thought that the 8th bijuu to be sealed will be the 8-tails.But judging by Rahan's calculations ,it might very well be the 5 or 6 tails.but i do hope that it's very strong and does not get pawned easily.And more importantly, i hope we get to see it fight.

now there are some important questions:

Q1>Why are the bijuus/jinchuurikis getting owned ,when they should be actually uber powerful characters?

Q2>Why is kishimoto not showing us the fights related to bijuus?

well the answwers that i was able to come up with are

A1>probably kishi is trying to create a hype about how powerful the akatsukis really are,though not all of them seem to be really all that powerful.
also,the strength of the jinchuuriki depens on how efficiently he is able to use the bjuus.most jinchuurikis so far are probably rather untalented.and also,most of the bijuus seem to be rather weak by themselves.

A2>kishi plans to show the true powers of the bijuus later,when they will be used by the akstsuki and hence more efficiently.

Also i was very surprised that4-tails can actually do "elemental fusions".I found it very interesting.I want more details,damn it!
Nice Gai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:00   Link #7
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Gai View Post
hey,ulquiorra,how can you tell what the 4,5,6,7,8 tails are gonna look like, huh?
you are not following that stupid legend are you?
I am pretty sure it's a fakelore made by distorting some of the features of some of the mythical creatures having mostly 1 or no tails.
Even if it was somehow related to actual legends,there is no guarantee that kishimoto will follow it and create a carbon-copy.for example,the sanbi is much more like a turtle than the shark shaped creature that was mentioned in the legend.

i thought that the 8th bijuu to be sealed will be the 8-tails.But judging by Rahan's calculations ,it might very well be the 5 or 6 tails.but i do hope that it's very strong and does not get pawned easily.And more importantly, i hope we get to see it fight.

now there are some important questions:

Q1>Why are the bijuus/jinchuurikis getting owned ,when they should be actually uber powerful characters?

Q2>Why is kishimoto not showing us the fights related to bijuus?

well the answwers that i was able to come up with are

A1>probably kishi is trying to create a hype about how powerful the akatsukis really are,though not all of them seem to be really all that powerful.
also,the strength of the jinchuuriki depens on how efficiently he is able to use the bjuus.most jinchuurikis so far are probably rather untalented.and also,most of the bijuus seem to be rather weak by themselves.

A2>kishi plans to show the true powers of the bijuus later,when they will be used by the akstsuki and hence more efficiently.

Also i was very surprised that4-tails can actually do "elemental fusions".I found it very interesting.I want more details,damn it!
Pointless if you ask me...Akatsuki has their members decreasing all the time.
It's really a waste of the power of the bijuu's.

They will vanish sooner or later from the Naruto world and no body cares (or seems to care). IF you ask me i think that if Akatsuki arrived at Konoha 15 years ago the 4th Hokage would even assist Akatsuki in capturing the Kyuubi.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:19   Link #8
Nice Gai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

They will vanish sooner or later from the Naruto world and no body cares (or seems to care). IF you ask me i think that if Akatsuki arrived at Konoha 15 years ago the 4th Hokage would even assist Akatsuki in capturing the Kyuubi.
nah, it will make the story longer and atleast give us some interesting fights.
typical demands from a good shonen series.

Anyway, i don't care.I just wanna see the bijuus in action.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:40   Link #9
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Everyone seems to agree that Gaara was an interesting and powerful character. Lots of depth, character development, and an important role in the story. So why haven't we seen another Jinchuuriki take a similar role? Why do the Jinchuuriki/Biju seem to have turned into jobbers instead of the uber powerful characters they should be? Let's look at what has happened to them.

Two Tails: Yugito. A really promising female character with a cool design. We don’t see really any of her fight. Just fodder to show off Hidan and Kakuzu.

Three Tails: Sanbi. It’s only real contribution is that we learn there are wild biju out there. Other than that, the giant turtle doesn’t make much of an impression as Deidara and Tobi goof around and still own him easy.

Four Tails: Old guy in last chapter. Apparently can use element fusion attacks and was a handful for Kisame. But we don’t get to see any of that fight and instead just the aftermath with the poor old guy hanging on Kisame’s sword.

Five Tails: Gobi. The white dog. Likely already extracted and sealed

Six Tails: Rokubi. The weasel. Likely already extracted and sealed

Seven Tails: Shichibi. The badger. Likely already extracted and sealed

Eights Tails: Hachibi. The snake. Probably the only one remaining other than Naruto.

So we are now left with the eight tails as maybe our last hope to do something. Getting rid of the jin like this was a wasted opportunity. Naruto could certainly use someone who could teach him how to better control the Kyuubi. We’ve seen Yugito instantly go into biju mode and she seemed to still have some control. She was closer to Naruto’s age and could definitely bond with him. Naruto/Yugito could have been a great relationship.

The old guy could have also been a great teacher. Since jinchuuriki are not suppose to live that long, you can only imagine how badarse that guy was. Imagine Naruto learning from him. But instead he's a jobber to Akatsuki. What a waste. Oh well. I guess Kishimoto only cares about his Sasuke Stu anyway.
If you have to ask the role of the bijuus...use your head....Their role is to give the villains a motive to be well..evil. Without the bijuu, Akatsuki wouldn't exist, and therefore we'd be left with bullshit. The bijuu also manufacture greed amongst people that may want the bijuu, this does not neccessarily point to Akatsuki. Lastly, they give their container power.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 17:18   Link #10
Nice Gai

One thing is for sure,it will seriously get on my nerves if kisame fails to put up a highly impressive show after what he did to the 4-tails.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:25   Link #11
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Bijuu serve as tamaguchi in the Naruto world. 'Why waste time and money on a petty pet when you can have a bijuu?' slogan comes to mind.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:18   Link #12
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:

They will vanish sooner or later from the Naruto world and no body cares (or seems to care).
Of course, Akatsuki can replace members...all you need is one of those fancy decoder rings. The only member who really "counts" is the Leader, who we don't know anything about...as long as he is alive, his purposes can be served (and, thus, the tailed beasts's power wouldn't be a waste...at least to him). We don't know exactly what the extent of his power is...maybe controlling the tailed beasts will make him unstoppable...maybe he simply plans to hold the world hostage...or maybe he's just really really bored. The point is that it doesn't matter how many of the Akatsuki inner circle die, the AL will always be able to find more.

Quote:
IF you ask me i think that if Akatsuki arrived at Konoha 15 years ago the 4th Hokage would even assist Akatsuki in capturing the Kyuubi.
That's possible...'cept for the fact that every member of Akatsuki is an S-Rank criminal who would be concidered almost as much of a threat as the Kitsune (if not so grandiose)...'specially with Itachi and Oro amongst their ranks.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 08:35   Link #13
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-If you want my opinion I think that Kishimoto is "leading" the story along to make Naruto a "Lone Jinchuuriki". As in the only one let alive after the other 8 have been killed off. Either that or he just doesn't want to waste time going into detail about all 9 Bijuu. After all, he's got about 30+ characters he needs to develop further or finish developing). On a side note, out of all the Bijuu featured thus far, the Kyuubi itself is the only one to receive a personality. Though Shukaku was able to speak it only lasted a few pages/minutes. I am unsure as to where I stand on this issue however. On the one hand I can understand that keeping all the Jinchuurikis alive is a hassle (because that 9 more characters to draw, 18 if you count the actual Bijuu) but at the same time I want them to put on a spectacular fight sequences. *Sigh* If only a select few remained then I would be happy...
Old 2007-05-16, 11:34   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Gai View Post
nah, it will make the story longer and atleast give us some interesting fights.
typical demands from a good shonen series.

Anyway, i don't care.I just wanna see the bijuus in action.
I would want that aswell but i think these jinchuuriki are or were captured way to easy. It would be acceptable if Akatsuki attacked these jinchuuriki in teams of 4 but just 2 and then most of them (excl. Sand & Konoha fights) return as if nothing much happened.

This will make it seem that these other jinchuuriki's are nothing. If we saw introductions of new villains (akatsuki) with arms, fingers, legs, scars, perm. wounds etc. and said they got that after fighting him/her (tails!) then it would be great.

That's why i wont like it if mr bad guy 1-2-3-4-5-6 sign on Akatsuki and then the leader replying well...you hired. Sign here your contract and choose your jinchuuriki!

Quote:
Of course, Akatsuki can replace members...all you need is one of those fancy decoder rings. The only member who really "counts" is the Leader, who we don't know anything about...as long as he is alive, his purposes can be served (and, thus, the tailed beasts's power wouldn't be a waste...at least to him). We don't know exactly what the extent of his power is...maybe controlling the tailed beasts will make him unstoppable...maybe he simply plans to hold the world hostage...or maybe he's just really really bored. The point is that it doesn't matter how many of the Akatsuki inner circle die, the AL will always be able to find more.
LoL decoder rings, that made me think about Dexter and his sister ...anyway...i really hope this leader is already dead (zombie) and simply cant be killed (similair to Hidan & Kakuzu).

And i actually hope this guy cast jutsu's and attacks without stopping like everyone else and then explains what his jutsu is and how it works.
Like all the other fools. This guy should leave no openings.

Even Itachi comes with: Yes, impressive you figured that out!
Instead he should've replied: .... (nothing) or ...well keep thinking that...
They admit stuff...typical bad guy thing. Even the briljant shikamaru gave temari compliments for figuring out his jutsu (chuunin exam)....brainless in a life - death situation.

Quote:
That's possible...'cept for the fact that every member of Akatsuki is an S-Rank criminal who would be concidered almost as much of a threat as the Kitsune (if not so grandiose)...'specially with Itachi and Oro amongst their ranks.
That's true but then again....the 4th or any other shinobi can fight better against humans then demons. Especially something like the Kyuubi. The Kyuubi has stolen more lives then Itachi & Orochimaru together..
Old 2007-05-16, 13:08   Link #15
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
If you have to ask the role of the bijuus...use your head....Their role is to give the villains a motive to be well..evil. Without the bijuu, Akatsuki wouldn't exist, and therefore we'd be left with bullshit. The bijuu also manufacture greed amongst people that may want the bijuu, this does not neccessarily point to Akatsuki. Lastly, they give their container power.
I understand that their purpose was as a plot device. I just wish we saw more of them and their fights.

My hope is that when the Akatsuki finally unleash their plan, the biju will likely be attacking every major ninja village.
Old 2007-05-16, 17:33   Link #16
Nice Gai

Quote:
I would want that aswell but i think these jinchuuriki are or were captured way to easy. It would be acceptable if Akatsuki attacked these jinchuuriki in teams of 4 but just 2 and then most of them (excl. Sand & Konoha fights) return as if nothing much happened.

This will make it seem that these other jinchuuriki's are nothing. If we saw introductions of new villains (akatsuki) with arms, fingers, legs, scars, perm. wounds etc. and said they got that after fighting him/her (tails!) then it would be great.
yes,i will agree with you.I won't demand 4 akatsukis for one bijuu/jinchuuriki.But i will atleast want 2 akatsukis for 1 B/J.I mean OK,you are potraying how the akatsukis are all kage level fighters -allright.But they are all taking B/Js individually and returning without a scratch!That indeed looks a little awkward.

i mean if they are all that powerful then why are they struggling against konoha/suna jounins/retired ninjas?Who knows,probably kishimoto is indirectly trying to imply that jounin teams of konoha hold kage level strength.Which is rather believable actually,since the teams include members like kakashi,gai,yamato etc.

Also,so far all the active akatsukis were kinda immortal.now that the immortals are dead(saso/kaku/hidan and oro),it really looks a bit awkward that even kisame is able to take on a powerful jinchuuriki(elemental fusions) all by himself.which would mean kisame has to be more powerful than all the previous akatsukis.let's see what he can do.i will not be satisfied with anything less than something spectacular.
Old 2007-05-16, 17:44   Link #17
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:

And i actually hope this guy cast jutsu's and attacks without stopping like everyone else and then explains what his jutsu is and how it works.
Like all the other fools. This guy should leave no openings.

Even Itachi comes with: Yes, impressive you figured that out!
Instead he should've replied: .... (nothing) or ...well keep thinking that...
They admit stuff...typical bad guy thing. Even the briljant shikamaru gave temari compliments for figuring out his jutsu (chuunin exam)....brainless in a life - death situation.

I see what you mean but it can't be helped it is to explain what is going on to us readers/watchers.

it would be better if instead of the bad guy explaining his technique/evil plan
the good guy figures out and just thinks of the explanations. that the bad guy wouldn't look stupid
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 18:21   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I see what you mean but it can't be helped it is to explain what is going on to us readers/watchers.

it would be better if instead of the bad guy explaining his technique/evil plan
the good guy figures out and just thinks of the explanations. that the bad guy wouldn't look stupid
Well i guess they wont need the databook then....if everything is explained anyway.

Just a random assasin: I am going to kill you....you see this blade of mine....it will go right through your neck since i will throw it like this (just like pitching..baseball) and as a result the sword will make a nice spin and the effects are similair to a drill.

I guess you should be carefull for your neck then....this is a bit exaggerated but you'll get the point...they should simply say....if you want to find out how my techniques works...just read the databook. I wont tell... Anime team or writer...