AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 41.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-09, 16:49   Link #181
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well still at least she 'appears' so to speak right? XD

Bah ;P I'll just act like nothing happened
Old 2007-07-09, 16:53   Link #182
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well still at least she 'appears' so to speak right? XD

Bah ;P I'll just act like nothing happened
yeah, but technically she already appears through that form, and going by that - Arf and the Lieze twins too had appeared.
Old 2007-07-09, 16:56   Link #183
krisslanza

Don't forget Suzuka and Arisa
Old 2007-07-09, 19:49   Link #184
Dark Wing

Quote:
Don't forget Suzuka and Arisa
Those two should have been made into mages. I would've love to see them fight side by side with Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate.
Old 2007-07-09, 19:53   Link #185
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Those two should have been made into mages. I would've love to see them fight side by side with Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate.

I can already see Hayate with her Power Range cosplay
Old 2007-07-09, 21:44   Link #186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
There's already too many characters, leaving them out is a better choice, fanbase-wise, than killing them off.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:13   Link #187
krisslanza

Yes StrikerS is very character heavy for a rather 'short' series so to speak. Hard to give everyone a fair share of screentime... I'd like to actually see Arf again, and see Zafira in this 'puppy' form he was supposed to have learned from Arf.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:19   Link #188
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Yes StrikerS is very character heavy for a rather 'short' series so to speak. Hard to give everyone a fair share of screentime... I'd like to actually see Arf again, and see Zafira in this 'puppy' form he was supposed to have learned from Arf.
lol everyone a fair share.

Anyway, rewatch A's epilogue for your puppy Zafira. There's your puppy form there, for all of less than 5 seconds. And probably the last time we'll ever see it too.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:22   Link #189
krisslanza

He should be a puppy around Vivio! XD
Or something. I figured he'd be a puppy in StrikerS if he wasn't doing anything... Oh well. I'd actually prefer seeing Arf over puppy Zafira...
Old 2007-07-09, 23:36   Link #190
Jimmy C

I just had a thought: If the GC towers are going down in the next 2 eps, that means the "wings" have been revived already. At least, they'll be revived in ep 16.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:51   Link #191
Seiryuu

I only know two things so far:
1. The look on Ginga's face when she heard about the big scrimmage is a true classic worthy of my growing hall of fame.
2. I feel fairly certain now that Fate's proclamation that she would also be Vivio's "mama" was not in any way meant as some sort of pseudo-marriage bond. It was simply Fate's way of stepping in and reminding Nanoha that she gets first dibs on all chibis at their base. Something like "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine. Deal with it." That's part of what makes women so frightening, once they have some experience a cold declaration of war can be made to look like an earnest display of affection.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:53   Link #192
krisslanza

Shhhh stop being in denial

Yes we know just because both Nanoha and Fate are Vivio's mama doesn't really imply anything, it's just a little unusual that's all
Old 2007-07-09, 23:56   Link #193
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
2. I feel fairly certain now that Fate's proclamation that she would also be Vivio's "mama" was not in any way meant as some sort of pseudo-marriage bond. It was simply Fate's way of stepping in and reminding Nanoha that she gets first dibs on all chibis at their base. Something like "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine. Deal with it." That's part of what makes women so frightening, once they have some experience a cold declaration of war can be made to look like an earnest display of affection.
Such a frightening imagination you have. It was fanservice for the NF crowd. Deal with it.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:58   Link #194
krisslanza

I'm pretty sure it's not just fanservice, I have a feeling it's meant to have us grow attachment/like towards Vivio... Then something bad will happen.

That's what my intuition says anyway. That and I hate to think anything is add purely for a fanservice reason.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:58   Link #195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
lol everyone a fair share.
Heh, 'fair'... That's a good one indeed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Anyway, rewatch A's epilogue for your puppy Zafira. There's your puppy form there, for all of less than 5 seconds. And probably the last time we'll ever see it too.
For good reason, apparently he was overwhelmed during one of the A's sound stage when he was what on a walk with Vita
Old 2007-07-10, 00:03   Link #196
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's not just fanservice, I have a feeling it's meant to have us grow attachment/like towards Vivio... Then something bad will happen.

That's what my intuition says anyway. That and I hate to think anything is add purely for a fanservice reason.
Yeah, but only-Nanoha and Vivio development would be enough to "have us grow attachment/like towards Vivio". Adding Fate to the deal is , like I said, fanservice for the FN fans.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:05   Link #197
krisslanza

How is it fanservice just for us? The two live in the same room and both probably want to take care of kids.
Sounds more like convience. Until they start like. Kissing or something, I don't think anything is really fanservice. This just adds nice fanfiction ideas and such.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:22   Link #198
Nemesis

Actually Caro could have just left the table and thusly not eating the carrot.Or trick Erio/Teana/subaru/anyone else nearby to look away and place the carrot on their plate.

Old 2007-07-10, 00:27   Link #199
Kazu-kun

Quote:
How is it fanservice just for us? The two live in the same room and both probably want to take care of kids.
Sounds more like convience. Until they start like. Kissing or something, I don't think anything is really fanservice. This just adds nice fanfiction ideas and such.
You have a wrong idea of what fanservice is. Things that are not completely neccesary in relation to the plot or character developmet may be fanservice. It doesn't have to be anything related to pairing and such. Every series has some degree of fanservice. There's nothing wrong with it; you said it yourself, it "adds nice fanfiction ideas and such".

For example, Yuno's appearance was fanservice because it didn't add anything relevant to the plot. But you saw the reaction in the NY fanbase, didn't you? That's the real reason behind this kind of scenes.

EDIT: If you want to know more about ir take a look at the wiki article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanservice

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-07-10 at 00:38.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:37   Link #200
krisslanza

Yes I'll agree on the Yuuno thing, actually I was going to bring that up for some reason I lost while I was taking a bath, but I don't think Fate being Vivio's mama as well is purely for fanservice.

I don't think Vivio would have the same impact if she only had one parent, it makes it comedic having to see the ways Fate and Nanoha view mothering. But I'll admit, my own opinion is heavily biased and I'm going to be very stubborn about this