AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 00:07   Link #181
larethian

Omoshiree! This episode is less funny, but instead of being weak, I'd say it's a good episode that gives more depth to the show and characters. Makes me want to read the manga now.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 00:46   Link #182
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Omoshiree! This episode is less funny, but instead of being weak, I'd say it's a good episode that gives more depth to the show and characters. Makes me want to read the manga now.
Indeed, that's why I always enjoy reading Tsuwabuki centric chapters.
Old 2012-07-19, 13:36   Link #183
EroKing

Chichiko... Why did I not think of this nickname?
Old 2012-07-19, 14:21   Link #184
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Maybe less funny than the other two episode like others has said but I got my laugh from this episode; Momiji censored finger and secretly pocketing some money.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-07-19 at 16:35.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 15:14   Link #185
Kyouka
Is Here

3 times nadehsiko =D but they cut off her hohohoho princess laugh!
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 16:38   Link #186
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
3 times nadehsiko =D but they cut off her hohohoho princess laugh!
A small game while watching, this episode I only caught her once.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 18:00   Link #187
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

ep.03

Not much comedy because of the serious subject matter but this episode has managed a number of heartwarming moments.

Taiyonotsubasa

Sousei gattai, go Aquarioooon!

I just realized Keita's VA is Kagura from Aquarion Evol. So Ichiko is reincarnation of Zessica and Keita is reincarnation of Kagura. Oh Keita, why didn't you call her a kuso onna.
Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 18:11   Link #188
HandofFate

Binbogami was right this episode. Sakura does kind of have a bad personality.
At first it was like "okay she has an insane amount of luck, but I understand her not wanting to lose all of it and have to live a poor life"

but the way she acted in front of the guy's family was terrible. hopefully she fix those traits of her.
Old 2012-07-19, 18:16   Link #189
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

From 'Humorous and arrogant, but in a good way' to 'Being a total douche who thinks she knows it all'. That was quite the turn she took when in that guys house.

I was expecting the usual "This is so sad, let me help them". Instead we received "TAKE THIS MONEY YOU POOR PEOPLE! IT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPIER!" which made me twitch when I saw how badly she was treating those people I wanted to cringe as I scratched by face to death when I saw how badly she was doing things
Old 2012-07-19, 18:39   Link #190
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
From 'Humorous and arrogant, but in a good way' to 'Being a total douche who thinks she knows it all'. That was quite the turn she took when in that guys house.

I was expecting the usual "This is so sad, let me help them". Instead we received "TAKE THIS MONEY YOU POOR PEOPLE! IT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPIER!" which made me twitch when I saw how badly she was treating those people I wanted to cringe as I scratched by face to death when I saw how badly she was doing things
If you "read carefully along the lines" you will realize the whole dinner scene wasn't about the poor family, it was about the poor sakura. She has convinced herself she does not need anybody, that she can live alone, but TBT she was very jealous of the warmth of a real family, that is why she desperately wanted to show the world "See, you only need money to be happy, I AM HAPPY!" <--- the nile is not only a river in africa.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 20:24   Link #191
novalysis

It's a very significant character development episode .

I think, let's face it here. Ichiko is not a pleasant woman with a veneer of Bitchiness, it goes deeper than that. This episode, for a few minutes stripped all the comedy out of the setting and showed just how morally empty someone like Ichiko would be. But then, it goes one step further, and demonstrates that she is not completely devoid of human conscience, and therefore redeemable.

This puts in quite significantly above Nyaruko. Character exploration here is slid in quite smoothly, unlike Nyaruko's slightly clumsy attempts to transit out of the comedy state.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 21:19   Link #192
Anime Online

In episode 3, Ichiko's behavior at Keita's house may seem douche-y, but it is in character and consistent.

From an early age, Ichiko was lonely. However, she turns the situation around and believes she has no need for others. With the abundance of fortune, she leads a pampered lifestyle by herself. She doesn't care about others. Worship from the boys and jealous spite from the girls only makes her feel superior to everyone else.

When she's confronted with Keita, someone who is poor but happy enough with his siblings, her beliefs that she's happy enough in her own human island needs validation. That is why she felt the need to flaunt her wealth and was angered by Keita's insistence that family and human relationships are more important.

Fortunately, the episode uses the clever trick of washing all the bad impression of Ichiko by making her do one good, selfless act. It's the same trick of seeing a delinquent in a positive light after seeing him care for an abandoned puppy. What I don't really get is how Ichiko is able to suddenly jump into the river and risk her life to save Ryuu. The change just seems abrupt.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 21:36   Link #193
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmko View Post
Not much comedy because of the serious subject matter but this episode has managed a number of heartwarming moments.

Taiyonotsubasa

Sousei gattai, go Aquarioooon!

I just realized Keita's VA is Kagura from Aquarion Evol. So Ichiko is reincarnation of Zessica and Keita is reincarnation of Kagura. Oh Keita, why didn't you call her a kuso onna.
OMG, i didnt realize this joke...
As expected of Fujita..
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 21:55   Link #194
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
What I don't really get is how Ichiko is able to suddenly jump into the river and risk her life to save Ryuu. The change just seems abrupt.
IF you look closely you will see chichiko has in her hand the pink elephant that helps someone with great forune (her) evade misfortune, so as long as she dived into the river and grabed the kid, nothing bad would happen to them (they would not drown, they would not hit a rock, they would not be cut (ane therefore bleed) by a piece of junk floating on the water, etc. One might say this is a bit overpowered, but I suppose that if she tries to use it too often she will learn that the little charm evades misfortune by feeding in her fortune (<--- this is a guess, I will not check the manga until the anime ends).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:59   Link #195
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow... just wow. I don't think there ever was a time when I thought "This couple is DEFINITELY my OTP of the series" outside of osananajimi, but I guess there's a first time for everything. One just can't overstate how made for each other Sakura and Tsuwabuki are.

And this show's VAs just being an extension of KaguraXZessica? Just icing on the cake. Though I had far less lol-worthy moments, it's the episode out of the three shown so far that made me realize of the despair of this show only having one cour. Ouch. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:44   Link #196
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
OMG, i didnt realize this joke...
As expected of Fujita..
i think its a coincidence, it would be hard to think that they went such legths for that joke, and that card its the same as the one in the manga second chapter, wich was released before evol was even announced.
Old 2012-07-20, 00:24   Link #197
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I actually enjoyed the way how the writer managed to handle Ichiko, with that clumsy, tactless and futile display of wealth. This one act made Ichiko as a character humane and believable to me.

I was sold about the manga series after reading that chapter. Seeing the animated version left me with a grin on my face actually...

Come to think of it, I think only Jesus Yamato can match Ichiko in terms of fortune... Chichiko would've be fine even if she got into a Gundam for the first time and then stabbed by Shinn.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-07-20 at 00:53.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:25   Link #198
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I actually enjoyed the way how the writer managed to handle Ichiko, with that clumsy, tactless and futile display of wealth. This one act made Ichiko as a character humane and believable to me.

I was sold about the manga series after reading that chapter. Seeing the animated version left me with a grin on my face actually...

Come to think of it, I think only Jesus Yamato can match Ichiko in terms of fortune... Chichiko would've be fine even if she got into a Gundam for the first time and then stabbed by Shinn.
Off-topic, But Shinn's stab had exactly zero kills every time he uses it. It is probably the only super attack that is unintentionally non-lethal.

Back to the story, I find it amusing that some other corner of the internet couldn't handle Ichiko. They didn't realise that this is one giant Uncle Scrooge story, about watching someone mature over time. This is not a battle manga, at least in the story that exists so far. Ichiko is over-powered and generally can't be beat. Her worst enemy is currently herself.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:52   Link #199
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Off-topic, But Shinn's stab had exactly zero kills every time he uses it. It is probably the only super attack that is unintentionally non-lethal.

Back to the story, I find it amusing that some other corner of the internet couldn't handle Ichiko. They didn't realise that this is one giant Uncle Scrooge story, about watching someone mature over time. This is not a battle manga, at least in the story that exists so far. Ichiko is over-powered and generally can't be beat. Her worst enemy is currently herself.
Yeah, but I'm starting to be more curious about Binbougami. She looks like a lazy bum, and she probably is, but it looks like she has some idealism in her. Like she wants to educate Ichiko rather than just do her job by forcefully taking her fortune by force and calling it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Binbogami was right this episode. Sakura does kind of have a bad personality.
At first it was like "okay she has an insane amount of luck, but I understand her not wanting to lose all of it and have to live a poor life"

but the way she acted in front of the guy's family was terrible. hopefully she fix those traits of her.
They hurt her first. They didn't mean to, and they did nothing wrong, but they hurt her. Just like she's rich in money, they're rich in family. And they flaunted that wealth in front of poor Sakura who had to send away the one person she cared for and who cared for her. So, yeah, she struck back in a horrible and undeserved way, but it's not totally incomprehensible.

Notice also how much pleasure she got from dealing with the kid. The jealous girls will be mean no matter what she does, and the boys will be servile no matter what she does. She may not have had much experience with the simple mechanism of doing something nice and being thanked for it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:39   Link #200
ookamigirl

I just love this anime 'cause it's totally funny all the time.
Sakura vs Binbougami is a regular thing now.
Naruto cosplay was a nice touch.
Getting a boyfriend was not as easy as her imagination.
Keita was nice, but with a typical on-your-own story attached.
Sakura acted like a total jerk.... guess having money and everything made her arrogant.
Looks like Binbougami isn't all bad after all.
Sakura's one selfless act was really nice & sweet.
Somehow, I've started to enjoy watching those two fight!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, supernatural