AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-12-29, 23:06   Link #181
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post
Da Capo 3 R is coming out on Steam on January 20
or you can go for the x-rated version on the same day at mangagamers
Old 2017-01-20, 01:42   Link #182
zeross87

this is what i get on MG product page :

but when i doawnload it i get "Da Capo 3 R Installer.exe"

did i do something wrong or did they mess up their installer name ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 02:29   Link #183
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post

Most likely they just use the same installer for both versions of the game, but it should be apparent after you install I would think.
Old 2017-01-20, 04:27   Link #184
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Most likely they just use the same installer for both versions of the game, but it should be apparent after you install I would think.
Yes it's just a wrong installer name. The guy from MG told me since R rated is steam only he didn't bother to name the standalone Xrated since it's the only standalone version.
Old 2017-01-21, 16:11   Link #185
cyberdemon

Quote:
this is what i get on MG product page :

Sweet they have a mac version. Was afraid I wouldn't be able to play it
Old 2017-01-22, 07:19   Link #186
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Sweet they have a mac version. Was afraid I wouldn't be able to play it
its because they have ported the game on a Unity3D engine to make it easier to do cross plateform, remove the need of applocale and make it smoother all over.
Old 2017-01-23, 22:14   Link #187
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So... worth 40 bucks? Like I kinda enjoyed DC2 more than most VNs mainly because the main group are all childhood friends, though I only truly enjoyed Otome's route.

Not gonna lie guys, I'm hesitant to drop the money because of the anime (stark contrast to DC2 where it's the anime that made me preorder it). I'm only reconsidering it because I've been told Charles' route is similar to Otome, and that would probably be the clincher.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 01:23   Link #188
cyberdemon

Quote:
its because they have ported the game on a Unity3D engine to make it easier to do cross plateform, remove the need of applocale and make it smoother all over.
I wonder if they will start to port their other games in the same way
Old 2017-01-26, 09:29   Link #189
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

....Question: Does the prologue influence what route I would get off the arc after it? Example: I have to view Ricca events in Prologue to view Ricca route in the next arc.

I'm asking since you can actually skip it in this game...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 04:37   Link #190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So... worth 40 bucks? Like I kinda enjoyed DC2 more than most VNs mainly because the main group are all childhood friends, though I only truly enjoyed Otome's route.

Not gonna lie guys, I'm hesitant to drop the money because of the anime (stark contrast to DC2 where it's the anime that made me preorder it). I'm only reconsidering it because I've been told Charles' route is similar to Otome, and that would probably be the clincher.
It's a bit hard to make a recommendation based on that sort of specific criteria. A key point to understand is that the anime only really gives a modified version of the game's prologue, so isn't really reflective of the game proper.

I personally think that it's worth the $40 considering the volume and breadth/scope of this work, but it'll always seem like a good deal to me compared to Japanese prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
....Question: Does the prologue influence what route I would get off the arc after it? Example: I have to view Ricca events in Prologue to view Ricca route in the next arc.

I'm asking since you can actually skip it in this game...
Most likely you can skip it given that it provides the option. But according to this Japanese walkthrough it looks like they recommend to take two different paths through the prologue (one focused on Charles and Rikka, and another focused on the other three), and then skip the prologue the other times. This could be mostly for CG collection, though.
Old 2017-01-29, 10:22   Link #191
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I really want to review this VN once I get the chance, but before that, can anyone help me translate the walkthrough? After Blind Running and finishing off until Da Capo Arc, I seem to not have unlocked this particular route. Anyone got ideas how to unlock it? (or rather, translate relentless' walkthrough for me to understand.)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT:
Wow, a Steam walkthrough already... So basically I go to 5th day go to Cafeteria then Sleep? Lol. TY to the author.

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2017-01-29 at 11:00.
Old 2017-01-30, 00:07   Link #192
cyberdemon

Quote:
I really want to review this VN once I get the chance, but before that, can anyone help me translate the walkthrough? After Blind Running and finishing off until Da Capo Arc, I seem to not have unlocked this particular route. Anyone got ideas how to unlock it? (or rather, translate relentless' walkthrough for me to understand.)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT:
Wow, a Steam walkthrough already... So basically I go to 5th day go to Cafeteria then Sleep? Lol. TY to the author.
the walkthrough I use said they require completed routes and something called Scene Recovery:

http://www.otakulair.com/english-vis...gh-mangagamer/
Old 2017-01-30, 07:14   Link #193
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

....what is "Scene recovery", because those set of choices are .... Wierd lol
Old 2017-01-30, 20:44   Link #194
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
....what is "Scene recovery", because those set of choices are .... Wierd lol
Scene recovery means trying to unlock every scene in the game (regardless of route), which is often done to unlock the full list of CGs (but in the case of D.C. games, also just to unlock the full list of scenes in the Scene Viewer). Basically, it's to catch all the "odds and ends" that you'd otherwise miss following the walkthrough.
Old 2017-01-31, 01:22   Link #195
cyberdemon

Quote:
Scene recovery means trying to unlock every scene in the game (regardless of route), which is often done to unlock the full list of CGs (but in the case of D.C. games, also just to unlock the full list of scenes in the Scene Viewer). Basically, it's to catch all the "odds and ends" that you'd otherwise miss following the walkthrough.
I usually try to do that. Sadly there are still scenes in DC1 that I still can't figure out how to get to lol

anyone know if Mangagamer has said anything about translating da capo iii platinum partner?
Old 2017-01-31, 20:45   Link #196
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
anyone know if Mangagamer has said anything about translating da capo iii platinum partner?
They said that it's more likely than going back to do D.C.II P.C., anyway, but haven't yet confirmed whether they'll do it or not. (They do have a lot of secret projects, though, so it's possible they're already working on it and just haven't announced it yet.)
Old 2017-01-31, 22:51   Link #197
cyberdemon

Quote:
They said that it's more likely than going back to do D.C.II P.C., anyway, but haven't yet confirmed whether they'll do it or not. (They do have a lot of secret projects, though, so it's possible they're already working on it and just haven't announced it yet.)
would love to see them do the PCs as well. So many different heroines to try for.

are the creators of Da Capo fans of south park or is Mangagamer just having fun with the teacher's name? It was the same in DC2. lol

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-02-03 at 02:00.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 23:46   Link #198
Enternal

I'm also hoping they are willing to translate some of the more important fandisks such as D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ Dearest Marriage.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 22:40   Link #199
InfinityDragonGod

Da Capo III Dream Days

InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 10:43   Link #200
AP24

Seems like Da Capo franchise is still not over yet. How can the heroines from the second series meet with the heroines of the third series when the third series takes place 20 years after the second series?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, sequel, visual novel