AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-06-12, 04:45   Link #181
jfs
Aegisub dev

Ok, that really doesn't tell much at all

I don't even see why it should be in DllUnregisterServer anywhere... but it could sound like some b0rked DierctShow component, since DllUnregisterServer is a COM thing, and DShow is just about the only COM thing used in Aegisub. (And even only indirectly in this case, through Avisynth.)

Try loading a PCM (uncompressed) WAV file from the Audio menu instead of a compressed format. That should work.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 15:39   Link #182
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Do note that the person in question didn't actually load audio prior to trying to play video/audio.
Which means the problem is a known bug or at least a known misfeature.

To solve, load audio before playing video. Or don't play video in Aegisub at all, I've never needed that feature ever.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 15:47   Link #183
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingLuv View Post
I already tried to upload the audio only..
But I still get the same error message =[
I understand that as "I already tried to load just audio". So it's not related to playing audio from video.

Old 2008-06-14, 12:15   Link #184
jfs
Aegisub dev

Sorry about double post, this is quite unrelated to the previous one so I think it deserves a new one.

I made (on request, see below) a program to diagnose the "Unable to open AVI file for reading keyframes" problem. It basically does the same thing Aegisub does when opening an AVI file for reading keyframes, but it shows a lot more information about what it's doing.
Download the program here: AegisubAvifileTestGUI.exe

I write that I made this program on request, but that doesn't mean I will do anything on request
See the original thread on the Aegisub forum that prompted this. It was a sane request and a simple job so I did it.

This program should be mostly self-explanatory but if you have the problem and can't figure out how to interpret the output, feel free to ask about it. (Not in PM.)

Old 2008-06-24, 11:51   Link #185
Xech

excuse me, i download an anime movie

im trying to Convert it into a DVD but when i test it with a media player, the font looks so huge.

so i went into Aegisub and i think the font is for 1280 x 720 and i was wondering on how to make it for 740 x 480
Xech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:24   Link #186
jfs
Aegisub dev

Read the manual. Seriously, read it. Or even just look around in the program, go on a treasure hunt in the menus, it's not dangerous. There's no giant enemy crabs in here.

But you want to check the script resolution (File->Properties), it should match the video resolution.
Then check the styles (Subtitles->Style Manager) and adjust their font size as needed.

Old 2008-06-29, 21:34   Link #187
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I've just ventured into the wonderous realm of Automator 4 and what I'm trying to do is get an effect (in this case alpha) to change the character from full opacity to full transparency 800 miliseconds after the syllable has been sung.
Unfortunately, my ways of doing this in Automator 3 no longer apply, apparently.

What I've been doing is {\t($end,$end+800,\alpha&HEF&}

What it does now is as soon as the end of the syllable comes up it cuts to full transparent immediately. What do I need to fix to get this to work?

Spoiler for full style code:
Old 2008-06-29, 21:58   Link #188
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

worng:
Code:
$end+800
right:
Code:
!$end+800!
$-variables can be used anywhere, but all calculations must be enclosed in !! (used to be %% in automation 3) or they will not be evaluated as Lua expressions.

What happens with your current code is that (if we assume that $end is 500) \t($end,$end+800) gets expanded to the literal string \t(500,500+800) and since VSFilter doesn't do any arithmetic calculations on the override tag arguments itself, it will most likely just call one of the C standard functions atof() or atoi() on each of the two first \t arguments. This in turn happily reads "500" in the first case, reads "500" again in the second and then skips all the garbage that doesn't look like it's part of the number at the end of the string (that is, everything after and including the + sign). In other words your current code will generate output that is interpreted as \t($end,$end) which is obviously not what you want. You could have figured out the solution to this problem pretty quick if you had bothered to look closer at the generated output. End of tl;dr.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2008-06-29 at 22:13.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 22:29   Link #189
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
worng:
Code:
$end+800
right:
Code:
!$end+800!
$-variables can be used anywhere, but all calculations must be enclosed in !! (used to be %% in automation 3) or they will not be evaluated as Lua expressions.
Thank you for clearing that up. I was sure I was missing something because I did notice it come out with the "500+800" as you noted.
Old 2008-07-12, 06:48   Link #190
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Hi ya,
I'm wondering if the VSfilter.dll that we can find here is the one used in the last version of aegisub (i.e. v2.1.2, SVN r1987).
Can anyone tell me if I should replace the VSfilter.dll in the Aegisub's folder with the one in the archive ?
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 07:57   Link #191
jfs
Aegisub dev

I can't remember if the one shipped with Aegisub is newer or not, but it's definitely not older! Don't replace the Aegisub one.

Old 2008-07-12, 08:04   Link #192
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Thank you for your very quick answer jfs
Actually, I asked for it because I read on the aegis forum (here) that you had implemented the new tags \fax and \fay and I was wondering if those two tags are available in the v2.1.2 of Aegisub, more precisely in the VSfilter.dll ^^
Old 2008-07-13, 02:05   Link #193
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpeTh View Post
Thank you for your very quick answer jfs
Actually, I asked for it because I read on the aegis forum (here) that you had implemented the new tags \fax and \fay and I was wondering if those two tags are available in the v2.1.2 of Aegisub, more precisely in the VSfilter.dll ^^
no, those two tags ARE in the VSfilter.dll in Aegisub. I played around with that tag a bit.
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 05:53   Link #194
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

OK, cheers mate
Old 2008-07-14, 18:17   Link #195
blinx01
DVD Subber

Hi,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here we go...

I'm loading an already subbed (hardsubbed) avi file into Aegisub.
What I want to do is scroll through by the frame and re-type everything, so essentially I will have a copy of the script.
The reason for this is because I want to apply the subs to actual DVD's, so all I really need to do is take the finished re-typed script and mass re-time them.
Now, the problem is that the finished script isn't accurate to the frame. I have no idea why this is but at the moment I;m having to re-time to for the DVD version, and then go over each line again to make sure there is no scene bleed.
I was hoping someone would be able to give some advice as to why it isn;t accurately timing to the scene in the first place. I've tried creating an avs script for the avi but when I try to load it comes up with an error saying;
"AVISource autodetect: couldn't open file 'myfile.avi'
Error code 2"

Any ideas?
blinx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 19:18   Link #196
max2k

I dont know if i got you point 100%, but is it natural that the szenchange frames of two video files with other raws dont match each other.

So first do some Lossless Export of ure DVD, important deintelace or remove telecining on this step(best way is to have all filters and the final resoultion in at this step), if you have to change deinterlacing later you may have to do all the work againe.

Then encode a Workraw forme the Lossless, to time.

Keep the Loosless Export and use the Loosless Export for each encode until youre finale encode.

Try to avoid Directshowsource, because its not frame stable... so i would say you use Lagarit or Huffyuv for ll and not a near lossless h264 encode.

Error Code 2, what video codec is used in the avi container ?

Last edited by max2k; 2008-07-14 at 19:36.
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 08:20   Link #197
blinx01
DVD Subber

I guess I didn't make my point clear enough.

1. Load already subbed avi file in Aegisub, scroll through by the frame, copy timing and type text in. End result near identical script.

2. Demux video from DVD. Make an avs script for it. Load in Aegisub. Take script from before, mass re-time using a scene change.

Now, problem is that it doesn't sync up correctly. Obviously while timing and typing the script, it wasn't accurate to the frame meaning I then have to go through each line again and make sure there's no scene bleed etc.
I tried making an avs script for the avi but it came up with that error I stated. No idea what codec was used. It's the early eps of D.Gray-Man from SHS I'm wokring with.
Old 2008-07-15, 09:05   Link #198
max2k

You know that you can only typ to frame, so the trick is use some light under timing at the start of typset (20-30ms) and overtime at the end (20-30ms)? But the Scenebleding has to be some think other, best way is to encode a workraw with packetbitstream...

Could u get mediainfo from http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de and read out the SHS encode. It could be a h264(but i think no SHS encoder would do this) encode in avi or i can rember reading about some bug with Divx encodes and AVISource, that you only get with the right resolution and Color Space combination. Are you sure to have the right path and name of the avi in your Script ?

Try to import the avi without the avisynth script and reencode it. Then use the Reencode with ure script. Or try Directshowsource() and reencode so you get rid of fram shifting.
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:22   Link #199
Yuudai-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinx01 View Post
2. Demux video from DVD. Make an avs script for it. Load in Aegisub. Take script from before, mass re-time using a scene change.
Now since the DVD Video footage isn't the same as the raw footage SHS used, it's obviously off.

Don't know if this will help you, but can't you shift the times? They should be okay to read. Of course scene bleeds will occur, but you can use the timing post-processor and set the frame number for key snapping to maybe 2. That should work...
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 16:43   Link #200
blinx01
DVD Subber

Here's the media info below;

To the above poster, I've worked with subbing many DVD's before. The footage is the same as the TV version. That's not the problem so just ignore the fact I mentioned DVD.
The problem is that I'm trying to retype a script but it would seem when I load the already subbed avi file in AegiSub, it's not accurate to the frame meaning I end up having a flawed script which I then have to go through line by line correcting.
What I'm asking is if there is a way to ensure the avi I load is accurate to the frame.

Tags
aegisub, help thread