AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 67 53.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-11, 04:56   Link #181
Seihai
スマイリウム

Besides, the women didn't show any overwhelmed reaction either.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:28   Link #182
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
yeah. Neither did he showed any interest with the misaka imouto during the experiment.
Now, which is the one way street Accelerator prefers.
how the heck can you show any sexual lust towards something you are about to slaughter?
Old 2011-02-11, 06:29   Link #183
Seihai
スマイリウム

Ask murderers who rape their victims before commiting the slaughter.
Old 2011-02-11, 07:26   Link #184
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Those kind of people IMHO i won't hesitate to put a bullet in their frigging head(s)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:11   Link #185
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Most of these losers (initially) don't actually WANT to kill their prey;

Its the fear of having them go to the police and getting them thrown in prison afterwards that causes them to make the ultimate mistake.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:22   Link #186
Seihai
スマイリウム

Agreed but in Accelerator's case his primary intention was to slaughter the Sisters. Theoretically many people in his position, if they were so strong they could toy around with the victim before the ultimate intent of killing, would surely consider rape. I assume the fact that the victim is 1) normally your type or at least somehow physically attractive and 2) totally defenseless could be enough reason to drive your sexual lust.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:28   Link #187
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
He simply just doesn't care if he sees girls naked or not. I like it better than the average male protagonist (e. g. Touma) blushing, freaking out, and getting hit by the girl they walked in on.
problem is: even in reality, 99% of men (straight ones, at least) would have some kind of reaction in a similar situation. You can't just brush it off like: "Oh, I just saw a super-hot woman body nekkid... huh? What the hell?! who cares!"
That's no normal man. And that's also what makes Accel so "special". He's not your average dude.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:39   Link #188
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I doubt he finds the female body beautiful any more since he has literally torn thousands of girls apart limb from limb with his bare hands (as shown in the Railgun Manga), WITH A FUCKING SMILE ON HIS FACE.

I'm of the camp that believes his "redemption" is so forced, artificial and unbelievable. He's only given the chance to "try and be good" because the author got a dumptruck full of mail from fangirls who keep gushing from both mouths about how "sexy" he supposedly is.

Even Vegeta's redemption in the Dragonball franchise has more believability than this estrogen fueled contrivance.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:44   Link #189
Seihai
スマイリウム

Well yeah Accelerator most likely didn't show sexual lust towards the Sisters, hence why Cosmic Eagle questioned it in general. But in general it's different, so Accelerator's case is very individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
That's no normal man. And that's also what makes Accel so "special". He's not your average dude.
It's more the other way round but explaining anything would probably spoil the fun.
Old 2011-02-11, 09:25   Link #190
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Dude, even Accelerator wants to puke at those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I doubt he finds the female body beautiful any more since he has literally torn thousands of girls apart limb from limb with his bare hands (as shown in the Railgun Manga), WITH A FUCKING SMILE ON HIS FACE.

I'm of the camp that believes his "redemption" is so forced, artificial and unbelievable. He's only given the chance to "try and be good" because the author got a dumptruck full of mail from fangirls who keep gushing from both mouths about how "sexy" he supposedly is.

Even Vegeta's redemption in the Dragonball franchise has more believability than this estrogen fueled contrivance.
Do you think he has already reached "redemption"? Really? Even Accelerator himself declared that he can't do so and by doing dirty jobs is the proper way for a monster like him.

You have a very long way to know more about his character.

Oh, I see a hatred towards fangirls but, what about fanboys who are fapping furiously at the bunch of doujins about Mikoto X Touma from the comikets?
Don't you think the author doesn't gets (if he ever reads them) a dumpstruck full of mail from shippers who ask him to get more Mikoto in Index series?

Quote:
Well yeah Accelerator most likely didn't show sexual lust towards the Sisters, hence why Cosmic Eagle questioned it in general. But in general it's different, so Accelerator's case is very individual.
This is quoting Accelerator before pwning Awaki when she teleported above him but omitted in the anime:
Quote:
Musujime looks up at the sky. The ‘rain’ formed by the broken pieces of glass came from all the buildings, scattering on every corner of the road. As the area is too big, she can’t escape using Move Point. Escaping into the buildings isn’t a wise option as the distortion of the building structures has caused all the glass to be shattered, so the interior won’t be the same. If the target of Move Point overlaps with the collapsed wall, she’ll be buried.

(If so…the only way out…is up!)

Musujime grabs the luggage bag and quickly uses Move Point, passing through the rain of glass pieces, arriving in the night sky several meters above the ground. Move Point caused a sense of vomiting in Musujime as she tries to suppress this feeling. She tries to force herself to activate Move Point again before she lands; the target is onto the roof of a certain building. Moving her own body consecutively is an extremely tough challenge for her.

But at this moment, Musujime’s mind turns blank. All the values that she worked so hard to calculate vanish without a trace.

“Ha ha! Thank you for letting me enjoy the scenery underneath your skirt!!”

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-02-11 at 09:36.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 09:35   Link #191
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I don't hate fangirls as a rule. The few maternal ones are amongst the nicest people I have ever met.

I hate crazy harridans who love murderers and rapists (like Sephiroth and Accelerator) of nice-and-sweet-people (like Misaka Imouto) and let them off the hook with a slap on the wrist, with the flimsy justification of "Oh, but he's so cute." Give a PROPER excuse, like decency and honor, and it won't be so flimsy.
Old 2011-02-11, 09:39   Link #192
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I don't hate fangirls as a rule. The few maternal ones are amongst the nicest people I have ever met.

I hate crazy harridans who love murderers and rapists (like Sephiroth and Accelerator) of nice-and-sweet-people (like Misaka Imouto) and let them off the hook with a slap on the wrist, with the flimsy justification of "Oh, but he's so cute."
Fufufu thats only in fanarts.
In the whole series he always carries a distorted face and smile.
Old 2011-02-11, 09:45   Link #193
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This is quoting Accelerator before pwning Awaki when she teleported above him but omitted in the anime:
LoL, that's just great!
I wonder why they omitted it in the anime, though. It would have made for an epic line.
Old 2011-02-11, 09:59   Link #194
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Agreed but in Accelerator's case his primary intention was to slaughter the Sisters. Theoretically many people in his position, if they were so strong they could toy around with the victim before the ultimate intent of killing, would surely consider rape. I assume the fact that the victim is 1) normally your type or at least somehow physically attractive and 2) totally defenseless could be enough reason to drive your sexual lust.
Unless he derives his pleasure from killing itself.....which Accelerator does no matter what LO says...he's the kind that gets pleasure slowly picking them apart piece by piece rather than raping. Which I can actually understand, thus the question I asked...
Old 2011-02-11, 10:15   Link #195
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:

I hate crazy harridans who love murderers and rapists (like Sephiroth and Accelerator) of nice-and-sweet-people (like Misaka Imouto) and let them off the hook with a slap on the wrist, with the flimsy justification of "Oh, but he's so cute." Give a PROPER excuse, like decency and honor, and it won't be so flimsy.
First, I'm sorry for starting another heated discussion with my comment.

Second, Accelerator is NOT a rapist.

Third, I have never let Accelerator off the hook with a slap on the wrist because he was "cute" or "sexy". In fact, I didn't like him when he was initially introduced, but I started loving his character once he decided to step up and change himself.

I have theorized about reasons why he chose to do the experiment, I have fangirled over fanart of him, but I have never glossed over the fact that he killed 10031 people.

A "dumptruck full of mail"? Are you sure you're not mixing up Accelerator with Mikoto? I don't think Accelerator was even that popular before volume 5. Stop trying to blame the author for his/her own decisions on the story because of the fans.

"Redemption"? Look at his reaction to Last Order's theory. He doesn't believe that he's forgiven, at all. He calls himself "scum" and "lowest of the low" throughout the entire series.

Yes, he killed 10031 people. But that doesn't change the fact that he is now protecting Last Order with all of his power, and that he is trying to step away from the darkness of the city. That is why he decided to try and save Last Order and also why he quit his school, so that he won't have to continue on the bloody path that he's always taken his entire life. Last Order has clearly shown that the SISTERs forgave him.

I will say this again, the reason I like Accelerator so much is because of his personality and character development. He's not like Touma or Mikoto with the annoyingly simple mentality of "Punish everyone who doesn't agree with my ideals." It's interesting to see him change, develop, grow stronger, and kick ass.

Is that enough of a "proper excuse" for you? How about you stop making flimsy excuses yourself before accusing others of doing so?
Old 2011-02-11, 10:24   Link #196
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
First, I'm sorry for starting another heated discussion with my comment.

Second, Accelerator is NOT a rapist.

Third, I have never let Accelerator off the hook with a slap on the wrist because he was "cute" or "sexy". In fact, I didn't like him when he was initially introduced, but I started loving his character once he decided to step up and change himself.

I have theorized about reasons why he chose to do the experiment, I have fangirled over fanart of him, but I have never glossed over the fact that he killed 10031 people.
Ah good!! You don't fit into the category of the estrogen-high crazies who ignore the ugliness of a person's soul because it is covered by a somewhat attractive face.

I'm saying the following WITHOUT any of the moronically insincere sarcasm and sass that has inexplicably become so popular in the last 2 decades:

You're a good person.

And I make no excuses about loving moe characters: I simply like kind and sweet people over mean and cynical ones.
Old 2011-02-11, 10:33   Link #197
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Dude, even Accelerator wants to puke at those people.
In case I was misunderstood, in no way was I referring to Accelerator. And I agree.

Quote:
Ah, I forgot about that line. Though does it really equal to sexual lust? I thought that was more like mockery.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:37   Link #198
eiyuu99

Yes, it's a taunt. He once mentioned one imouto was leading him on by flashing her backside.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:09   Link #199
bizzi

Quote:
... in Index
Index is far from being just about Index, and I'm sure you know what I mean.
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:58   Link #200
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
Index is far from being just about Index, and I'm sure you know what I mean.
By Index I mean the magic side when Touma is the main character.