AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite girl?
Nu 5 4.31%
Gamma 12 10.34%
Alpha 46 39.66%
Delta 30 25.86%
Beta 23 19.83%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-08-08, 04:35   Link #181
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Eta still didn't appear in latest chapter, there is no Mitsugoshi co. employee (such a shame), also, who is Christina? or when is she first appear? I forgot about it...
Old 2019-08-10, 03:21   Link #182
Rimbo99

Eventhough I say that Cid has an AWFUL personality but I kinda bit feel that it didn't help that just how AWFUL his new parents were. His father is basically a sniveling coward who instead being worried for missing daughter immediately made some pathetic excuses that it's impossible and just abandon her. The mother is also awful as well, she is very violent and attacks her coward husband not because of the love for her daughter but because they lost their means to maintain their wealth and status.

Even Claire thinks that these two are beyond hope. At least I think so, mostly I just think she's proud of the family name but not the actual family.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 17:50   Link #183
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post

Eventhough I say that Cid has an AWFUL personality but I kinda bit feel that it didn't help that just how AWFUL his new parents were.
Cid already had his personality back in his original world. His current parents had nothing to do with his development.

Quote:
His father is basically a sniveling coward who instead being worried for missing daughter immediately made some pathetic excuses that it's impossible and just abandon her. The mother is also awful as well, she is very violent and attacks her coward husband not because of the love for her daughter but because they lost their means to maintain their wealth and status.

Even Claire thinks that these two are beyond hope. At least I think so, mostly I just think she's proud of the family name but not the actual family.
This scene wasn't quite as bad in the WN/LN for Cid's parents as it's shown in the manga.

Spoiler for the same scene in the WN:

Basically in the WN his father didn't try to pass off blame and his mother didn't say anything about Claire being the "only family hope".
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 19:40   Link #184
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Cid already had his personality back in his original world. His current parents had nothing to do with his development.

This scene wasn't quite as bad in the WN/LN for Cid's parents as it's shown in the manga.

Spoiler for the same scene in the WN:

Basically in the WN his father didn't try to pass off blame and his mother didn't say anything about Claire being the "only family hope".
Yes, Cid did have his original personality but the manga implies that the parents didn't do ANYTHING to help their son. While Cid could have been fooling them the entire time, its most likely the parents didn't care a lot about Cid once he's not heir material. Heck, even the dialogue says that they didn't even bother and they didn't expect much of him.

Even in the WN, Claire implies that she has VERY low opinions about her parents considering she called him baldy while in prison.
Old 2019-08-11, 02:35   Link #185
Log

Quote:
Yes, Cid did have his original personality but the manga implies that the parents didn't do ANYTHING to help their son. While Cid could have been fooling them the entire time, its most likely the parents didn't care a lot about Cid once he's not heir material. Heck, even the dialogue says that they didn't even bother and they didn't expect much of him.
Why would they help Cid when he doesn't need help? It's not like Cid shows his more disturbing nature to his parents. They also still provide for him food, shelter and clothes and sends him to school so they're not abusive of him.

As for not expecting much of him... Would you expect much out of Cid's mob self if you're his parents? He intentionally shows that's he's below average so why would his parents intentionally delude themselves into thinking he's gonna magically turn it around? As far as we know it's not like they say "son you suck" or "son I wish you were like your sister" etc. etc. so it's not like they were being mean to him.

At worst you can call them neglectful (given that they didn't notice their son running around killing bandits as a kid) but just being neglectful doesn't make them the worst parents in the world.

Quote:
Even in the WN, Claire implies that she has VERY low opinions about her parents considering she called him baldy while in prison.
That's more of a tongue in cheek comment then anything else. Also given what we've seen from Claire and what little we've seen from the mother it's likely that family dynamics are female dominated in their house and Claire adapted her mother's treatment of their dad.
Old 2019-08-12, 07:34   Link #186
ghost013

For anyone who has read the third LN volume, I have questions about the differences from the WN:
  • Because the changed Milia the Vampire Hunter's name to Mary, does the prostitute that Cid saved from the WN still exist? What about
  • What about Claudia, the guildswoman Cid saved as well? Does she still make an appearance?
  • Does the volume cover the entire Great Trade Alliance conflict?
Old 2019-08-13, 20:14   Link #187
LotusReichart2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
For anyone who has read the third LN volume, I have questions about the differences from the WN:
  • Because the changed Milia the Vampire Hunter's name to Mary, does the prostitute that Cid saved from the WN still exist? What about
  • What about Claudia, the guildswoman Cid saved as well? Does she still make an appearance?
  • Does the volume cover the entire Great Trade Alliance conflict?
The prostitute name can be Marie based on her katakana
Yes, she is still in the novel
Yes
LotusReichart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-14, 00:28   Link #188
ghost013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusReichart2 View Post
The prostitute name can be Marie based on her katakana
Yes, she is still in the novel
Yes
Thank you for your answers.
So does Marie still exist in the LN? Was there my other major changes to the story?
Old 2019-08-14, 12:04   Link #189
LotusReichart2

Quote:
Thank you for your answers.
So does Marie still exist in the LN? Was there my other major changes to the story?
She is still in the LN
I just finished the first half (WN vol 5) of the LN. There are some small changes here and there in the dialogue. The important change is when Claire asked Aurora about "Him" who healed her Demon Possession, Aurora answered one word, "Shadow".
There is also a backstory explaining why Claire loves Cid deeply
Old 2019-08-15, 00:05   Link #190
ghost013

Quote:
She is still in the LN
I just finished the first half (WN vol 5) of the LN. There are some small changes here and there in the dialogue. The important change is when Claire asked Aurora about "Him" who healed her Demon Possession, Aurora answered one word, "Shadow".
There is also a backstory explaining why Claire loves Cid deeply
Man I already can’t wait for the first English volume to come out and who knows how long it will take for the third. Anyways thank you for the clarifications. I didn’t realize there was a deeper story for Claire’s affection for Cid. Can you spoil the reason?
Old 2019-08-15, 05:39   Link #191
Rimbo99

Quote:
Man I already can’t wait for the first English volume to come out and who knows how long it will take for the third. Anyways thank you for the clarifications. I didn’t realize there was a deeper story for Claire’s affection for Cid. Can you spoil the reason?
It could be a number of things:
1) Her parents were extremely lousy parents and Cid was the only one who did genuinely help her for selfless reasons. The key word 'selfless' may be a big of a stretch but hey. it's a little better.

2) Claire does know Cid's strength and chuunibyou and was trying to bring his full potential out.
Old 2019-08-15, 09:36   Link #192
Rimbo99

One must wonder what ever happened to Minoru Kagenou's parents? Minoru is Cid's previous life.

Did they even know their son has severe mental problems? Did they not know? Are they dead and that's why Minoru acts this way? Or were they abusive parents and neglected most of his life and that's why he's insane?
Old 2019-08-15, 19:01   Link #193
LotusReichart2

hi

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2019-08-15, 20:34   Link #194
Rimbo99

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Well, what did they expect from Cid? He was too young to fight at the time.

Also, does this mean Claire knows how insanely strong Cid is?
Old 2019-08-15, 22:00   Link #195
LotusReichart2

Quote:
Well, what did they expect from Cid? He was too young to fight at the time.

Also, does this mean Claire knows how insanely strong Cid is?
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2019-08-15, 23:41   Link #196
ghost013

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
So from the sounds of it, she’s just a bro-con, nothing romantic about her feelings I guess.
Old 2019-08-16, 13:25   Link #197
Log

I just got finished reading the Chinese translation of the Vampire arc of the LN.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Quote:
So from the sounds of it, sheÂ’s just a bro-con, nothing romantic about her feelings I guess.
It's intentionally ambiguous imo.
Old 2019-08-16, 14:13   Link #198
Breimn

I wonder if we will have any more detail about the dragon he fought and befriended in future.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 16:13   Link #199
Rimbo99

[QUOTE=Log;6364434]I just got finished reading the Chinese translation of the Vampire arc of the LN.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Spoiler for I have some questions:
Old 2019-08-16, 16:39   Link #200
Log

Quote:

Spoiler for I have some questions:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Tags