AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-16, 13:25   Link #181
grecefar

chill chapter, I never liked surprises because it can lead to these misunderstandings even if it ended in a happy ending, sometimes it does not.

the ending was important, everybody united against america.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 18:05   Link #182
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Finally something happened after last episode was wasted on a surprise party hijinks.

The 3 factions are joining Yatagarasu to stick it to NAC. They did it for their own benefits of course but Yatagarasu is happy enough to get a new Free Japan land to cooperate. Alec is pretty much the top dog in this alliance (which makes me happy coz he's the Treize-expy and is always interesting). Meanwhile, our Char-expy, Brad, seem to grow more & more unhinged.

No mecha fights but let's see what next episode has in store for us since our protag is pretty much forced to enter the enemy's homebase.
Old 2022-05-23, 18:51   Link #183
foxbox360
New Age Badass

next episode, It's a obvious trap.
Old 2022-05-30, 17:11   Link #184
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oooh boy, that Jogan gattling gun scene was very satisfying to watch. It's been a while since the last time I saw a good mecha gattling gun. I remember the last time was Jupitive Gundam's gattling gun from Re:Rise IIRC.

Other than that, the meeting is obviously a trap. Though it seems like Brad's agenda is different from his dad's. Let's see how it plays out. I'm just glad that some action actually happened in this episode, mecha & otherwise.
Old 2022-05-31, 07:38   Link #185
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Lelouch is reincarnated to another world where his scheming experience does transfer.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 23:06   Link #186
Chosen_Hero

Characters: "Masaki nooooooo"

Me: (looks up from phone) "....... who? ... the blonde dude? .... the other blonde dude? .... who?"

(Sees preview for next episode)

Me: ".... no really who is that? Was he that important? I don't even remember him."
Old 2022-06-09, 16:32   Link #187
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I don't remember him either

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 16:42   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember him either, but I'm pretty sure he was just a nobody.

In the last ep, I realized I'd been conflating the boss of the rebellion and the, hm, other boss? The field boss?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 21:20   Link #189
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't remember him either, but I'm pretty sure he was just a nobody.
Yeah. He's just an assistant or something. I only noticed him when the show actually gave him somewhat of a focus during the surprise birthday party episode. But eh, I'm glad he died protecting the Lady Une-expy. It would've suck to lose her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In the last ep, I realized I'd been conflating the boss of the rebellion and the, hm, other boss? The field boss?
Really? One is a veteran-looking dude who always wear a vest. The other is a sleeker man with glasses who always wear a suit. How can you confuse the two?
Old 2022-06-19, 03:33   Link #190
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Once again, Jun Fukuyama does the magic trick of disappearing.

And NAC Public Security wants his head.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-06-21, 08:44   Link #191
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Brad simply wants to ride the Ghost wave for the last time.

Old 2022-06-28, 10:53   Link #192
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-28, 13:31   Link #193
Chosen_Hero

So in the end all this war amounted to was a waste of money, resources and lives for... nothing? And they fix it with the power of friendship?

The only good thing you can say about this show is that it had 2d mechs which made the fights look good, everything else just felt half assed, like they came up with the concept for the story but forgot to elaborate on it in some way.
Old 2022-06-28, 17:05   Link #194
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wait, so the ting that turned the tide of the battle is the NJCO alliance's mechs having the AI trio's traits? But I thought the scientist lady already done that since the start of the war?? Ergh you know what, fuck it, I don't care. And the internal affairs finally arrested Brad's Dad but they really have to wait until after Brad's public spiel against Amou's mushy spech, huh? The speech was really not necessary but I guess Brad thought that was his last moment and he just wanted to let everything out of his chest.

Btw, as per Char-clone's tradition, his scheme against his superior finally gets the resut at the end of the show. But they seriously underused Ghost in this Season that it almost pissed me off. The reason I didn't actually piss off is because I already expected a very underwhelming writing from Kimura, including an ending where the Yatagarasu only get a portion of Japan with the "outta nowhere" alliance of the three economic blocks who suddenly just loved Japan so much they'll defend it from America. So now we have two Japanese governments much like the South Korea & North Korea huh?

"Being underwhelming & half-baked" is a running theme in this show. At the end of the day, I don't care very much about the characters and even less so with the ultra-nationalistc story. The AI trio were fun and all the Gundam character expys served their purpose but that's it. I was actually being intrigued by Ghost in Season 1 but after finding out that Season 2 relegated him into just being a background AI, I gave up on expecting more. It didn't help that we spent 2 seasons meandering in a lot of episodes.

At the end of the day, I was right when I said that Kimura is a hack writer and this show will suffer because of it (back in the anticipation thread when KS was announced). But I'm not happy being right. Like Ian Malcolm said...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The only good thing you can say about this show is that it had 2d mechs which made the fights look good, everything else just felt half assed, like they came up with the concept for the story but forgot to elaborate on it in some way.
And still no White Base. I told you so .
Old 2022-06-29, 00:27   Link #195
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And still no White Base. I told you so .
Which explains why it sucked.
Old 2022-06-29, 04:28   Link #196
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I feel that the end could get a revamp in a future SRW game.

Old 2022-06-29, 05:23   Link #197
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

I heard people calling this show "Code Geass for kids" as in it has the same theme but lacked the mature content and complexity of Code Geass' world building.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 11:11   Link #198
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
I heard people calling this show "Code Geass for kids" as in it has the same theme but lacked the mature content and complexity of Code Geass' world building.
I would say that was insulting to children.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 18:12   Link #199
grecefar

first half was better, eeh 6/10 at much even with the happy ending.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 18:35   Link #200
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like I made the right decision dropping it after the first cour. It was a very easy decision, given that the only thing it had going for it was 2D mechs, and the animation wasn't always good.

Tags
mecha, sci fi