Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-15, 18:15   Link #181
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
I'm glad I overslept and didn't get to hear it x__X what did it sound like?
Let's just say I felt like shoving a lit cigarette into my ear canal to ease the suffering. It was the epitimy of GOOFY. The va kept going high and low and was twitching all over the place. =__+ Kuro sounded Ok actually.... very British butler.

Quote:
It really pissed me off when some kid called me "that stupid kid from the baby show about fake pirates on Fox" when I was trick-or-treating >_>
That... really sucks. I've suddenly become the fan of a kiddie show. -____- It's hard enough trying to convince my friends (who've only read SJ's version so far) that OP is this awsome series. *HATES 4KIDS WITH MUCH INTENSITY*
Old 2004-11-15, 18:31   Link #182
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
Let's just say I felt like shoving a lit cigarette into my ear canal to ease the suffering. It was the epitimy of GOOFY. The va kept going high and low and was twitching all over the place. =__+ Kuro sounded Ok actually.... very British butler.

That... really sucks. I've suddenly become the fan of a kiddie show. -____- It's hard enough trying to convince my friends (who've only read SJ's version so far) that OP is this awsome series. *HATES 4KIDS WITH MUCH INTENSITY*
When will the random accents stop? I think these VAs are random drug addicts they picked up off the street.

One Piece is more "adult" than many shows on adult swim, they must've been high on something when they decided to license and make it a kid's show. And here I thought it would be cool to dress up as Luffy for halloween.
Old 2004-11-16, 01:47   Link #183
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri

Pull the VA for the American Inu Yasha, I think his voice would have definately been the best for the translated Usopp

Alas, different companies tho. Shrug.
Richard Cox? Well, it would be a lot better than...that guy, whoever he is. But I have a hard time picturing him with that voice. I'd say go with Johnny Yong Bosch. XD
Old 2004-11-16, 21:20   Link #184
Kouji
StrykerX

Well in Bandai's case my ideal VAs would've been these below. If 4Kids didn't but in.

Brianne Siddall - Monkey D. Luffy
Crispin Freeman - Zoro Roronoa
Sandy Fox - Nami
Wendee Lee - Young Luffy
Joshua Seth - Young Shanks
Kirk Thornton - Shanks
Usopp - Richard Cox
Wendee Lee - Robin
Beau Bellingslea - Narrator
Old 2004-11-16, 22:29   Link #185
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well in Bandai's case my ideal VAs would've been these below. If 4Kids didn't but in.

Brianne Siddall - Monkey D. Luffy
Crispin Freeman - Zoro Roronoa
Sandy Fox - Nami
Wendee Lee - Young Luffy
Joshua Seth - Young Shanks
Kirk Thornton - Shanks
Usopp - Richard Cox
Wendee Lee - Robin
Beau Bellingslea - Narrator
That wouldn't be bad. I was thinking Crispin for Zoro too. He always gets those shady, anti-social roles. XD Can't see Kirk Thornton as Shanks, though. Maybe because all the roles I've seen him do, he's doing some sort of New Yorker accent or something. :P
Old 2004-11-16, 23:23   Link #186
Kouji
StrykerX

Either that or the Canadian VA, Kirby Morrow, would've been an excellent addition to this anime. Because I can also picture him doing Shanks as well.
Old 2004-11-18, 02:11   Link #187
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I have a question about last weeks episode, for those who actually watched it (as I said, I was too shocked and apalled to watch much), I was wondering what they called the panchinko - did they just say pinballs or something? Also, I noticed people talking about Jango's voice, but Jango never talks in episode 9 - was this from the coming attraction bit that people heard him talk?
Old 2004-11-23, 15:27   Link #188
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
How the VAs should be!!

Monkey D. Luffy - This guy.
Roronoa Zoro - Arnold Scwarznegger (or whatever =P)
Sanji - Keanu Reeves
Nami - Keira Knightley
Tony Tony CHOPPA!! - Macaulay Culkin (i think its that..>__<
Shanks - Random guy with russian accent.
Old 2004-11-23, 16:33   Link #189
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
How the VAs should be!!

Monkey D. Luffy - This guy.
Roronoa Zoro - Arnold Scwarznegger (or whatever =P)
Sanji - Keanu Reeves
Nami - Keira Knightley
Tony Tony CHOPPA!! - Macaulay Culkin (i think its that..>__<
Shanks - Random guy with russian accent.
I'm guessing that this is some type of sick joke hopefully. There's also the scary possibility of your selection of voices making more sense than the ones 4kids picked.

The thing, everyone here simply needs to stop watching Crap Piece. How many times does a person have to look at the same horrible mass of crap? Don't give them even one bit of ratings since it would give them more of a incentive to keep up with this evil little project.

Seeing the show for at least 5 minutes for once is more than enough for anyone, it definently was for me.

If you want to know about what edits were made simply go to Arlong Park since they have textual and picture showings of what was edited.

P.S.
Why edit out the word Anchor from a tee shirt and the name Wassop from a headband that Wassop was wearing, I'm speaking of the Shanks flashback episode of course?
Old 2004-11-24, 10:35   Link #190
ragweed
woah woah!

I don't know. Because they're..... stupid? I dont think they'll even make it through the first two seasons just because there's too much that would need to be edited. Besides, if Crap Piece does well enough, we just might get an Uncut dvd. We have subs though..... I dont know. I wish 4stupid didn't liscence it in the first place and make everything so complicated.
Old 2004-11-24, 11:19   Link #191
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
I watched one episode..

Because i live in sweden, where to horrible american dub normally can´t reach me =P

But then i read the manga...

Lolonoa Zoro? PLEASE!
Old 2004-11-27, 12:40   Link #192
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Aaaaagh, my eeeears @_@ Why oh why was I tempted to find out what Ussop sounded like? This is so !@#$ing messed up.
Old 2004-11-27, 14:09   Link #193
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuli-chan
Aaaaagh, my eeeears @_@ Why oh why was I tempted to find out what Ussop sounded like? This is so !@#$ing messed up.
Hey, don't say I didn't warn ya.

*Puke* *Bangs head on walls* *Scrubs out dirty bleeding ears* *dies* *recessitates*

Well, that's what I get for forcing myself to hear Usopp's dub voice again *throws it in the fire to burn* I'm not kidding, it really does make me feel like I have to puke. And what's with the William Shatner acting? You know what he reminds me of, is Cowl from the old She-Ra cartoon. Probably no one else remembers him. :P

Anyway...
I had to see what they were going to do with episode 11, it was reported that they cut it out entirely, but it turns out that they edited so much out of them that episode 11 and 12 were merely combined. I guess it's good that they were able to leave in some really important scenes (So the story makes a shred of sense), but it lost all of the emotional impact in the translation. I was laughing at the part where Usopp was trying to tell Kaya to run. And then, OMG, he gets shot with a POP GUN! ROTFL And Nami STILL has to bandage up his popgun wound! XD
I guess Kaya will pull a popgun on Kuro too. OH TEH NO A POPGUN! RUN AWAY! XD
Old 2004-11-27, 15:24   Link #194
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
And then, OMG, he gets shot with a POP GUN! ROTFL And Nami STILL has to bandage up his popgun wound! XD
lol! x3 I actually like how Kuro is turning out though. Secksiiiiiii...

I saw some blood running down Usopp's face in next weeks preview!! SHAME 4kids. SHAME.
Old 2004-11-27, 19:24   Link #195
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Hey, don't say I didn't warn ya.

*Puke* *Bangs head on walls* *Scrubs out dirty bleeding ears* *dies* *recessitates*

Well, that's what I get for forcing myself to hear Usopp's dub voice again *throws it in the fire to burn* I'm not kidding, it really does make me feel like I have to puke. And what's with the William Shatner acting? You know what he reminds me of, is Cowl from the old She-Ra cartoon. Probably no one else remembers him. :P

Anyway...
I had to see what they were going to do with episode 11, it was reported that they cut it out entirely, but it turns out that they edited so much out of them that episode 11 and 12 were merely combined. I guess it's good that they were able to leave in some really important scenes (So the story makes a shred of sense), but it lost all of the emotional impact in the translation. I was laughing at the part where Usopp was trying to tell Kaya to run. And then, OMG, he gets shot with a POP GUN! ROTFL And Nami STILL has to bandage up his popgun wound! XD
I turned on that evil channel of DOOM because I was in the mood to watch One Piece. I don't know where my brother keeps our subbed episodes, and he was asleep, so I turned it on just for the hell of it. Ussop sounded like someone who just got punched in the throat. With a glove. That had spikes on it. With an electricity current running through it >_>

Then the *bleep*ed up Luffy started talking. I actually wanted to throw up at that point, but I fell asleep instead. And their evil voices gave me nightmares T_T

A popgun. Haaaaa. I didn't see the whole episode... did they "creatively edit" the part where "Klahadol" slashes Merry yet?
Old 2004-11-27, 23:50   Link #196
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuli-chan
A popgun. Haaaaa. I didn't see the whole episode... did they "creatively edit" the part where "Klahadol" slashes Merry yet?
Come to think of it, I don't remember if they even showed that scene. I didn't watch the entire thing.
Old 2004-11-28, 01:37   Link #197
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I didn't watch the entire thing.
Then you, my friend, are smart.
Closed Thread