AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-05, 05:31   Link #181
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Lyrics moved~
To a more appropriate thread.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-10-06 at 23:06.
Old 2006-10-05, 06:05   Link #182
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius
Yeah, I'm 95% sure there were no mention of roses in the manga. Doesn't seem to be anything that Ohba ever made up. I don't see where the railways tracks come from though (subways, but not railways :|), either.
Spoiler for OP's hints relating to the manga:

Let's leave it at that till the anime shows more. As one who liked both arcs of the manga, I hate to derail into manga talk which frankly sickens me with the "2nd part sucks" talk.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-05, 06:14   Link #183
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Death Note is said to have one of the most exciting starting arcs in any shounen manga ever. Hell, before the 2nd part started, people complained about the 2nd half of the 1st part, because it wasn't up to par with the 1st half, which was hailed as one of the very best, if not the best ways to start a manga. Most mangas start off mediocrely before sinking in, DN started with a blast.
Now I'm really looking forward to it.. And I wont be disappointed with a comparatively lacklustre Part 2, if that happens.
Old 2006-10-05, 06:17   Link #184
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
So far, it's hard to tell. It could cover 60 if they plan to drag out certain parts of the manga (( like Naomi Misora, damn there wasn't enough of her )),
Is Naomi Misora that woman who eats

[Major Spoilers, do not read unless you've read first part of manga]
Spoiler:

If it is, then there DEFINATELY wasn't enough "screen time" for her in the manga. The "eating scene" would have more impact if she had more screen time in the anime.

But enough manga spoilers....
Old 2006-10-05, 10:42   Link #185
myopius

Nightengale, oh, I see, so you did mean railway. That's a good metaphor too from the way you describe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I'm not that far into the second part (somewhere in the mid-60s), but is there really a drop in quality, or do people just not like what happens?
Spoiler for Manga allusion:

Lilith I don't think we should talk any less about manga although I suppose it's true it's good to use spoiler tags. It's good to make connections between the two. Although
Spoiler for Manga allusion:

Oh yeah and those lyrics are awesome. The ED sounds beautiful. I think it depicts a side to Light that people always either ignore or mischaracterize (that is, they usually think he's either mad or a perfect savior)--the side which is incredibly moral but which out of a desire for justice drove him to sacrifice his innocence.

Spoiler for The events of ep. 1, which is ch. 1 in the manga:

Scribble, that's the one.
Old 2006-10-05, 10:48   Link #186
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius
Lilith I don't think we should talk any less about manga although I suppose it's true it's good to use spoiler tags. It's good to make connections between the two.
Yes I agree, it is good. Might make the discussion more heated and enjoyable. Thanks for considering my suggestion of using spoiler tags!

Go go Death Note~ Rock the world because you're simply the best. [/fangirling]
Old 2006-10-05, 11:11   Link #187
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Another OP metaphor I particularly liked was how Light was holding the vividly bright forbidden fruit he caught from the sky, walking on a small pathway/brick plank whatever, and when he looked down from the world from the sky, he decided to eat it. Note the vibrant vivid colour of the fruit amidst the gloomy atmosphere, a total contrast of colours.

It reflects how Light recieved a tempting forbidden power and like most humans, succumb to the temptation of power and utilized it, thus putting him on the road where he could fall down into eternal despair (( accidental murder that was both accidental and not accidental could do that to a weak mind )), return back to the past, (( he still haven't consumed the fruit and could still throw it away )) or be consumed by it's delightful power and taste and eat it (( abusing that power )), and when Light stood on top of the building (( looking down at the ugly world below him with his god complex )), he decided to take things into his own hands and consumed the forbidden fruit, eternally attached to a part of the power as he cleanses the world of evil in his own words.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-10-05 at 11:30.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:17   Link #188
hiroober

Hey guys, I've finished watching it yesterday.

The artwork is definitely beautifully done.
Spoiler for MAJOR MANGA SPOILER! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA:

Anyway, just to bring some of screensnaps to anybody who hasn't watched it. Enjoy.

Spoiler for screen caps:

Mod Edit: Please do NOT post manga spoilers without using Spoiler Tags.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Diet Dr. Pepper Is Excellent!]This is example text and what you would see when clicking on the Spoiler button.[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Diet Dr. Pepper Is Excellent!:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-10-05 at 11:31.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:21   Link #189
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Edit : Post unneccesary now, thanks to Catgirls.

This really needs it's own section.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-10-05 at 11:32.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:24   Link #190
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
EDIT RIGHT NOW!! NO SPOILING!!

Lol, it seems I'm going to have to boycott this thread

Spoiler:

I'm clearly getting to much side band information through comments in this thread, even from fairly considerate posters.

アバヨ
Old 2006-10-05, 11:33   Link #191
hiroober

Quote:
EDIT RIGHT NOW!! NO SPOILING!!

No one read hiroober's post PLZ.
well, I'm sorry....I thought it was not yet as much as spoiling it... or maybe there's different definition about what degree is considered as spoiling here....anyway, I won't do it again if it's forbidden here. (^_^; )/sorry
Old 2006-10-05, 11:34   Link #192
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Manga Spoiler In Spoiler Tags

Hey gang...

Please post all Manga Spoiler under Spoiler Tags and and clearly making them as Manga Spoilers in the spoiler title or don't post them at all. It's not very fair to spoil the show for others (not even a little) that haven't read the manga. Anyone found posting Manga spoilers without the use of Spoiler Tags on a consistent basis will be banned.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Diet Dr. Pepper Is Excellent!]This is example text and what you would see when clicking on the Spoiler button.[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Diet Dr. Pepper Is Excellent!:

Also...if you post multiple Screen Caps, please use clickable thumbnails instead of posting full size images. ImageShack.us offers that feature.

Thanks to everyone that hit the Mod Alert button on the Manga Spoiler. If you see any more, please alert us to it right away. Thanks again. Cheers.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:34   Link #193
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Argh this is what I was afraid of~ Please don't leave the thread!

*pat pats hiroober* Anything is considered a spoiler. Just be on the safe side and put anything related to the manga (even a mere "I can't wait for ____") in a spoiler tag.

And thanks Catgirls for immediate action. <3
Old 2006-10-05, 11:34   Link #194
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
What Nightengale said is completely true. At least for myself, anyway. In Death Note's 1st part 1st half, I've never experienced such thrill when reading manga.
That's true for me as well. The first 30 chapters... were probably the most amazing chapters I've read ever (might be going overboard here, but that's how I felt at the time), the manga was just so incredibly smart! Unfortunately I felt the quality drop from 30 onwards.

I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE seeing the first 10-15 or so episodes though, judging by the first.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:35   Link #195
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Apparently, there r many fans out here who have already read the manga and thus know what's goin on. Perhaps, we shld try to limit the spoiling down here. For those who wants to spoil themselves all the way... maybe shld go to the DN manga thread instead. Let's juz make the DN anime thread clean enuff...since it is only at episode one and I am quite sure that there r still lot of pple who haben read the manga yet. Don't u guys agree?
Old 2006-10-05, 11:44   Link #196
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroober
well, I'm sorry....I thought it was not yet as much as spoiling it...
No worries. But anything for the manga should be considered a spoiler for the anime from this point forward … even the most minor details that reveal future events and what-not.

Thanks.
Old 2006-10-05, 12:20   Link #197
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
No worries. But anything for the manga should be considered a spoiler for the anime from this point forward … even the most minor details that reveal future events and what-not.

Thanks.
How about the fact that Light uses the Death Note to kill more people? Oh crap, I spoils! *writes own name in Death Note*

Just poking fun. Anyways, I'm one of those people who didn't think the 2nd arc was that bad. I mean sure, Death Note started off with a huge bang and by the time vol 1 was over, I was hooked. But anything that starts off that high/great is bound to come down at some point. Theoretically it could have maintained itself at the top...but I just think that it was such an amazing concept, added with the fact that the protagonist and antagonist were both such geniuses, made people's expectations too high. So much so that most people were disappointed with the ending.

But man, I'm still waiting to get ahold of the live-action movie version of Death Note...I keep watching the trailers for that on youtube over and over and...I just can't stop, lol.
Old 2006-10-05, 12:34   Link #198
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Up for grabs if anyone wants to use either. /pun

Old 2006-10-05, 14:17   Link #199
myopius

I've tried to shrink manga scans to 100x100 for avatars and failed completely...

Spoiler for Light with a thoughtful expression:

Welcome to the forums hiroober (bummer of a first post x.x) !

By the way, I have a question for those of you who've seen the raw. Only click if you've also read the manga.

Spoiler for Is this present in the anime...:
Old 2006-10-05, 15:43   Link #200
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxButterfliesxxx
I agree completly. But if they don't cover it all, where would they stop?

Spoiler:
I could see these 37 episodes just being the first arc, the manga itself has a slow pace. So stretching out 1.5 chapters per episodes seem possible. Although I've been waiting for the sub to see what the anime is like, so I'm not sure what kind of pace they've already set up.
Closed Thread