Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-06, 19:39   Link #181
Sandaime78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haomaru View Post
The main thing to remember here is that sasuke original intent is to be the genius rival, im not saying that naruto just willpowers his oponents to death, but he is simply unpredictable, he wins when all points to him losing and loses when all points to him winning, his criativity is something i have yet to see in any other characters, imo being able to improvise as the battle unfolds is just as important as having genius skills, if we take MS from the equation sasuke simply doesnt have to try much in order to obtain jutsus as for naruto he has to adapt what he learts to what he can do.
Unpredictability of Naruto has been shown several times through Naruto episodes in the past. Very first was his fight with Zabuza where he showed his nack of bringing up a strategy in the midst of a fight, which was quite something and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Another was his Chunnin exam fight with Nejii which was also impressive and all. Now, if you ask about the rest of his unpredictability... most are Kyubi-powered, uncontrollable-rage-driven, kagebunshin (quantity over quality tactic, fight with Kimimaro is a good example) tactic that is obviously getting too old now. He has massive amount of chakra because of Kyubi within him, and because he was fighting to withstand Kyubi's chakra all his life, he has a huge potential; however, Naruto was and still IS a emotional-driven goof off.

There was this element that Naruto used to have that I really liked, now.. I don't know why, and I cannot pinpoint what it is, but Naruto is losing some of his uniqueness. ugh...
Sandaime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 19:39   Link #182
shaselai

although earth is weak against lightning but Deidara's earth spells are/should be powerful enough to overcome the lightning weakness though shouldnt it? O well... sasuke's gotta win agiainst deidara somehow..... plus, when kakuzu was fighting against Kakashi, didnt he use an element attack that's strong against lightning and kakashi blocked it with a chidori? Or maybe kakuzu didnt///need to check again..
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 19:54   Link #183
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

HAHAHAHAHA who didnt see this one coming...

I ain't even gonna discuss this chapter or any upcoming ones untill Naruto makes an appearence again in his story
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 20:09   Link #184
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well it starting to annoy me that no one interferes with this fight.....not team Hebi, Konoha or the damn clown Tobi.

This really seems like the end for Deidara on a very stupid way.

Besides...we have no idea what affinity Itachi uses besides Fire..so dont think that Sasuke can beat Itachi because he can beat Deidara.

And frankly it annoys me that there isnt anything that Naruto knows that Sasuke doesnt. I was hoping that Sasuke wouldnt know about the affinity weaknesses.

Naruto learns this...Sasuke already knows...etc. etc. besides. Unless Sasuke starts to clean his blood paths his body will always remain filled with those defused bombs. He may get a bloodvirus eventually..
Old 2007-07-06, 20:12   Link #185
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
And frankly it annoys me that there isnt anything that Naruto knows that Sasuke doesnt. I was hoping that Sasuke wouldnt know about the affinity weaknesses.
Im really not surprised about this, Sasuke knew about Affinities since he was some 8 Years old, is logic to assume that if you know about affinities, you will also know about each element weakness..besides it seems he knew back then when he tried to destroy Hakus mirror with Fire...
Old 2007-07-06, 20:18   Link #186
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
although earth is weak against lightning but Deidara's earth spells are/should be powerful enough to overcome the lightning weakness though shouldnt it? O well... sasuke's gotta win agiainst deidara somehow..... plus, when kakuzu was fighting against Kakashi, didnt he use an element attack that's strong against lightning and kakashi blocked it with a chidori? Or maybe kakuzu didnt///need to check again..
Think he did. Plus Kakuzu and Hidan were probably alot stronger than Deidara in their own ways. So if Sasuke fought them instead then it be a COMPLETE different story. Plus Itachi is probably a million times stronger than Deidara. So this fight is nothing for Sasuke.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 20:31   Link #187
Psychotic
Nothing important

Ok so this is again all about elemental weaknesses against anothrer. That really pisses me off because Deidara is far more skilled shinobi that Sasugal but then again it turns to DBZ. My favourite Akatsuki member is really dying here because of these elemental things and it pisses me off. Mr. Obito plz do something
Psychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 20:58   Link #188
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Spoiler:

Doesn't make any sense. Might have just been a fake to go with the spoiler pic.
Actually, that spoiler is true. The other spoilers posted in the first 2 pages are fake. Sasuke used lightnight attacks (chidori) to counter earth attack (c4).

Sasuke is actually smart in his counter. I don't get why you guys are complaining at all. He was even using scientific method to test out his theories.

AND Sasuke is pretty beaten up (so he does get hurt).

Last edited by Ori; 2007-07-07 at 09:23.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 21:42   Link #189
Vicious108

This elemental Pokemon crap is so lame, and here was I hoping Kishi would forget about that after the Kakuzu fight.

Oh well, it was still a pretty good fight I guess, and the finish is still up in the air, Sasuke is obviously gonna win, but Im still curious since I dont want Deidara to die just yet... hopefully Tobi will step in and save his ass.

But man, does Gaara look like crap now. ;_;
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 22:05   Link #190
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This elemental Pokemon crap is so lame, and here was I hoping Kishi would forget about that after the Kakuzu fight.
I was really hoping that too. This is the last thing the manga needs. My element can top your element...blah, blah, blah. It kills the fights. And Kishimoto still hasn't explained Yang & Yang chakra yet.

On the side text it says this battle was won because of those eyes. Kishi didn't even give credit to Sasuke's brain or skill. It was all about the Sharingan. Sharingan > Everything. It's getting boring. I hope we see Naruto and Hinata soon.

I guess Dei will go for a suicide attack next. As much as I love him, there is really nothing left for him now. We have seen his best attack and he was just humbled by another 15 year old from Konoha. Fits the pattern of the Akatsuki.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:28   Link #191
7thFonon
seventh

I thought it wasn't a good idea to add elements so late in the series. I mean really, shouldn't all this element stuff be tought back at the academy, and they are just now learning about it. Just someone please win this fight so we can get back to "Naruto".
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 22:32   Link #192
yungz21

i think sasuke should have just used chidori nagashi instead of jolting himself from chidori and this also means he could have beat deidara from the beginning he just needed to make sure that his theory was right
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 22:39   Link #193
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
Yeah, and you ever notice how the characters are always engaging in battles...just like in Pokemon!

Criticism is fine, but I think it's really unfair when people will compare a story to the most generic manga/anime they can think of based on trivial similarities. The story introduced an elemental ranking system, so it has to be Pokemon. Or everything's 'DBZ this' and 'DBZ that'. Geez. I can't wait for the Yu-gi-oh comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I was really hoping that too. This is the last thing the manga needs. My element can top your element...blah, blah, blah. It kills the fights. And Kishimoto still hasn't explained Yang & Yang chakra yet.
I think the way the elements came into play here was pretty good. It wasn't just about one attack overpowering another, there was strategy and planning in the way that it was used. Sasuke actually used chidori chakra on himself to rid his body of nano-bombs, which I thought was cool. Give me that over "Yarrgh! I'm going to clash my chidori with your rasengan for the 100th time!"anyday.

I think Kishi just used yin & yang jutsu to classify jutsu that don't fall into any obvious elemental category. I doubt it'll be explained in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Im really not surprised about this, Sasuke knew about Affinities since he was some 8 Years old, is logic to assume that if you know about affinities, you will also know about each element weakness..besides it seems he knew back then when he tried to destroy Hakus mirror with Fire...
And he probably learned about Earth's weakness to Lightning while training to fight Gaara. Afterall, Kakashi taught him Chidori specifically to pierce Gaara's sand defense, Kakashi probably also explained the weakness of earth-based jutsu to lightning in general.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 22:44   Link #194
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah, and you ever notice how the characters all always engaging in battles...just like in Pokemon!
Actually I was kind of liking the cross reference there...were SAskue is better known as SAsukachu and Naruto the one that used wind..whoever that Pokemon was....Sasukachu I choose you and your broken Sharigan...

To keep this post sort of on topic and out of Hunter's spoon...I'll say that the depth in the elements give the Jutsu more complexion that they had before, so I think it is a plus in the Manga, I hardly see the real resemblance there is with Pokemon, Im sure there is a lot of Manga that had a similar approach on this.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:54   Link #195
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Actually I was kind of liking the cross reference there...were SAskue is better known as SAsukachu and Naruto the one that used wind..whoever that Pokemon was....Sasukachu I choose you and your broken Sharigan...
Sasuke does use lightning a lot these days (what happened to Katon?)

But if anyone compares Akatsuki to Team Rocket, I swear...
Old 2007-07-06, 23:23   Link #196
Vicious108

Quote:
Yeah, and you ever notice how the characters are always engaging in battles...just like in Pokemon!

Criticism is fine, but I think it's really unfair when people will compare a story to the most generic manga/anime they can think of based on trivial similarities. The story introduced an elemental ranking system, so it has to be Pokemon. Or everything's 'DBZ this' and 'DBZ that'. Geez. I can't wait for the Yu-gi-oh comparisons.
You're missing the point. Me hating it has nothing to do with it being similar Pokemon... I just compared them because they are, in fact, similar, but that's not the reason why I dislike it. I hate the elemental system because I find it lame since it makes strategy parcially meaningless in a duel that can be decided by just "water > fire lol".
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 23:24   Link #197
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Quote:
Sasuke does use lightning a lot these days (what happened to Katon?)

But if anyone compares Akatsuki to Team Rocket, I swear...
Well how Akatsuki members keep dying its obvious to the Team Rocket cut ass every episode. I swear if Deidara says "We're Blasting off again" I would laugh so hard.
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 23:27   Link #198
yungz21

I bet if naruto beat deidara over an elemental weakness everyone would be happy they are all biased towards sasuke when he does suttin great
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 23:34   Link #199
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
You're missing the point. Me hating it has nothing to do with it being similar Pokemon... I just compared them because they are, in fact, similar, but that's not the reason why I dislike it. I hate the elemental system because I find it lame since it makes strategy parcially meaningless in a duel that can be decided by just "water > fire lol".
I can understand that. But it's always been there. Nidaime countered Sandaime's fire attack with water. Sasuke pierced Gaara's sand with lightning. Now that it's been officially defined though, many seem to dislike it. Ah well, it's just an opinion I suppose. However, not everyone uses elemental attacks. I don't think we'll have worry about all fights being decided by elemental affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
Well how Akatsuki members keep dying its obvious to the Team Rocket cut ass every episode. I swear if Deidara says "We're Blasting off again" I would laugh so hard.
I suppose I was asking for that one.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:50   Link #200
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I think is as Sabakyu said, not all of the fights are determined by this, in fact, this could be the real first time a fight is going to be decided by an element been stronger than another one. whereas the elements of Jutsus has been there since day one.

But really there is a lot of Manga that used element like this, even RPGs, so, why compared it to Pokemon? why not with the Final Fantasy series? or Flame of Recca? I bet you Hunter-san could say some other 20 Titles that you can compared it to when talking about elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
I swear if Deidara says "We're Blasting off again" I would laugh so hard.
Now that would be really funny and proper for him!