AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-04, 12:35   Link #181
TronDD
Team the box!

Finally got caught up to episode 13.

I thought it was great in ep 12 to see Menori laugh.

Howard still needs to be eaten by something.
Kaoru is shaping up a little bit.
Shara still seems pretty useless.

I'm glad this show is 52 eps. This is one I'll miss when it's over.

EDIT: Fixed Shara's name.

Last edited by TronDD; 2004-02-04 at 15:53.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 12:42   Link #182
sothis

i'm hoping for a sudden voice change for sharla -_-
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 13:15   Link #183
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
ShaRa seems to have been getting better recently. Someone said earlier in the topic that is IS her first performance. She's still too deep though :/
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 21:16   Link #184
Firebat
I Love Anime

This threads getting pretty popular, when are they going to give us our own forum
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:14   Link #185
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
This threads getting pretty popular, when are they going to give us our own forum
Yeah, then we can have a seperate "Howard should die" thread, "Shara's voice sucks" thread, and "Menori rules" thread.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:24   Link #186
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
FMPF should be taken of the series discussion page soon since the series has already been completed and hasn't had much activity lately. I think this series would fit in nicely there. I can't wait for the Howard should die thread.
Old 2004-02-04, 23:30   Link #187
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I look forward to the "what codec do we need this week?" thread.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:39   Link #188
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I look forward to the "what codec do we need this week?" thread.
In the grand tradition of bringing you "innovation" I will be using Ogg Theora for the next ten episodes. Followed by three rounds of Ogg Tarkin, one of DivX 3, one of HuffYUV, two Matroskas, a VCD-compliant MPEG, an AVI with Cinepak Radius, and a text file which to play back you hold down Page Down and let it scroll.

Unless you have any suggestions, of course :-)

Torgen will kill me for posting this...
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:41   Link #189
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
In the grand tradition of bringing you "innovation" I will be using Ogg Theora for the next ten episodes. Followed by three rounds of Ogg Tarkin, one of DivX 3, one of HuffYUV, two Matroskas, a VCD-compliant MPEG, an AVI with Cinepak Radius, and a text file which to play back you hold down Page Down and let it scroll.

Unless you have any suggestions, of course :-)

Torgen will kill me for posting this...
Don't announce it in advance!!! That spoils the suspense and the interaction with hapless fellow viewers.
Old 2004-02-04, 23:44   Link #190
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Capital idea! Seperate forums would be great. I can see it now: Flamewars between Howard haters and Howard lovers, and I'll be fighting zealously against Howard. I'm getting my flamethrower ready and fueled...heh heh heh.

Personally I think Menori's voice is even worse. OK, close your eyes and listen to Menori when she talks. Who does she remind you of? You know who she reminds me of? A 30+ year old woman! I think I said this before, but her voices is too damn deep. It distracts me. Sharla's or Shara's, whatever her name is, isn't as bad as Menori's.

Here's another new way to kill Howard: Tie him up and dangle him above the lake. Lower him completely into the lake. Keep him down for 2 minutes. Pull him up and let him breath for about 3 seconds, and dunk him down into the lake again. Repeat process until he dies. Isn't that a torturous way to die? Hm hmm he he heh heh heh ha ha ha HA HA HA HA Haaaaaa. Ahhhh...that's feels so good.

Come on guys...join in on the fun. I want to hear your way of killing Howard too!
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 23:47   Link #191
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Capital idea!...kill Howard...join in on the fun...
Hey this is a kid's show! Sheesh!

Maybe you should start a fanfics page...
Old 2004-02-05, 02:02   Link #192
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Hey this is a kid's show! Sheesh!
I see it as a rated E (Everyone) show, and Howard should DIE, seriously. Howard is nothing but trouble. He hasn't really done anything for the group and hes really annoying. I give props to the voice seiyuu he certainly done an fantastic job acting like an complete prick with that character.

I wonder if Luna is some kind of psychic, seems like shes the only one thats getting those feelings/visions when she enters the lake.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:24   Link #193
babbito2k
annoying white bat

It's not that I mind if Howard dies; he has about until yesterday to redeem hisself as a character, anyway. But I rather not see ritual murder on a kid's show, which is where Muir Woods is going with this.

If Luna's NOT a psychic, I'll eat my hat. She's who the whole show is about, as I said pages and pages of talk about codecs ago. She is going to discover something amazing about the whole planet and maybe never leave.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:31   Link #194
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:

She is going to discover something amazing about the whole planet and maybe never leave.
Well I hope she doesn't stay on that planet forever. It just wouldn't be right, I hope that planet will be found out by the others and be protected and studied for educational purposes. The last thing they need to do is populate that planet because of its resources.

Codecs Smodecs all the ppl need to do is install ffdshow alpha then everything will be fine and dandy. Everyone whos having problems with playback of we sucks versions dl ffdshow alpha, I promised u won't have any other problems with any divx/xvid encoded fansubs. Please see FS Media Configuration Guide for more info.
Old 2004-02-05, 05:06   Link #195
Sylvanthious

Howard is so cool all Howard haters should endure the same torment they imagine for him x 10.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 05:55   Link #196
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
Howard is so cool all Howard haters should endure the same torment they imagine for him x 10.
Your Joking right......Howard is evil therefore he should die.

Now back on topic did ep14 air yet? Also when do they usually air in Japan. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered before. I'm too tired to read back through all those codecs what what not posts.
Old 2004-02-05, 08:14   Link #197
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Now back on topic did ep14 air yet? Also when do they usually air in Japan. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered before. I'm too tired to read back through all those codecs what what not posts.
It airs Thursday at 7:30, Japan time. This series rocks. oh wait, did I mention that in my last post? Well, Ep15 gets even BETTER than Ep14. Ep14 was a bit of a 2 parter, and 15 just finishes it up (while adding so many questions!!!). I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode now!

Spoiler:
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 09:23   Link #198
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I can't believe Luna actually told everyone about her hearing voices ^^; Then again, maybe since its so far in thefuture that kind of stuff is 'normal'. I like it when she starts to glow and this is really turning out to be one of my favorites.

I never had any problems with the codecs. I play them on my BSPlayer and yet to encounter anything wrong. Maybe I'm just lucky ^^;

I see that we are catching up huh. I'll have to get used to the one episode a week like everything else. I'm happy though ^.^ And I can definitely see UPS getting its separate forum. A '101 ways for Howard to die' thread would be great and thouroughly amusing XD
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 09:44   Link #199
Firebat
I Love Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
I can't believe Luna actually told everyone about her hearing voices ^^; Then again, maybe since its so far in thefuture that kind of stuff is 'normal'. I like it when she starts to glow and this is really turning out to be one of my favorites.

I never had any problems with the codecs. I play them on my BSPlayer and yet to encounter anything wrong. Maybe I'm just lucky ^^;

I see that we are catching up huh. I'll have to get used to the one episode a week like everything else. I'm happy though ^.^ And I can definitely see UPS getting its separate forum. A '101 ways for Howard to die' thread would be great and thouroughly amusing XD
I was getting a bit of jitty at first, but after updating the codec for another one, it now runs fine under Media Player 9.

To sum it up Howard doesn't seem to care about their situation, he feels the need to still act the way he does, I mean WTF? Doesn't he get it? They are lost, their Shuttle is no more and about 90% of the animals on the Planet want to eat him and his friends.

He's a complete full and I can't wait till someone bitch slaps some sense into him.
Old 2004-02-05, 21:25   Link #200
Firebat
I Love Anime

Ep 14 for We Suck is now out, go get it people!