AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-22, 08:25   Link #181
Joachim
et tu, brute?

yeah kj, how is it there? i mean the situation in japan? did animes really take a hard slap.. or just a little slap because of this "incident" ?
Old 2007-09-22, 08:42   Link #182
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaker9 View Post
Hi everyone, I came here today because of this incident... it really sucks that a good anime like Higurashi would end up like this, you know, if that girl really liked Higurashi, then why didn't she caught the messaege in it "when something bad happens you must talk about it" I learned many things by viewing Higurashi.

Many years ago, here in Mexico, a TV network "TV Azteca" aired a show, that talked about "The evil of Anime" they really messed up everything, in our elementary school the teachers took away our pokemon games, trading cards... everything, even the other TV networks stopped airing anime for some time, I almost went crazy!!!
I'd like to see this program.
Old 2007-09-22, 10:39   Link #183
Animaker9

I don't think you'll like to see it CJL13, It was pretty crappy, it talked about how shorts were the skirts of the sailor moon characters, that Ranma was gay, they even said that Pikachu's meaning in japanese was "higher than god", I was in elemtary school but even I could see it was just a strategy to cut anime from the mexican TV, and it didn't work by the way. whaterver...

So, what's the situation in the frontlines? is there still a posiblity that they will air the episode later on?
Old 2007-09-22, 14:22   Link #184
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaker9 View Post
I don't think you'll like to see it CJL13, It was pretty crappy, it talked about how shorts were the skirts of the sailor moon characters, that Ranma was gay, they even said that Pikachu's meaning in japanese was "higher than god", I was in elemtary school but even I could see it was just a strategy to cut anime from the mexican TV, and it didn't work by the way. whaterver...
Precisely why I wanna see it. I need to know how stupid this program was, and so far I've gotten a good description.
Old 2007-09-22, 14:48   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really hope things don't get to the point where the series is canceled. That would seriously suck and waiting for a DVD release (that would still happen right?) would be rough. Doubt my ability to not run to the game area and find out what happens. Just a big headache overall.
Old 2007-09-22, 14:58   Link #186
MarthX

How I try to stay hopeful:

Tokai TV didn't show 12 because it was so soon after the incident.

KBS Kyoto didn't show it because it happened in Kyoto.

When School Days 12 was pulled the other stations were quick in dropping it. This is not the case with Higurashi. The remaining 5 still have it on their schedule and haven't said a word about it.

AT-X is the only station that still has School Days 12 on their schedule. They can restrict certain programming audiences to over 15 years old. AT-X is a private satellite channel so it has a better chance of airing anything controversial.

Worst case scenario and all stations stop airing it. Something I rather not think about it but it is always a frightening possibility. Anime aired after midnight is mainly a way to promote upcoming DVDs. If all stations cease airing Kai then that will only give people more incentive to buy the DVDs. High DVD sales = DEEN won't stop producing it. Right now Higurashi is getting a lot of publicity so sales are sure to be higher.

Another possibility is the last half of the season will be pushed back to another season, to ensure everybody is over this whole ordeal. They're not blaming Higurashi for the murder, they're only pointing out similarities. Kyoto said they chose not to air 12 because it has a girl swinging an axe. Obviously the murder is still fresh on everybody's mind; They don't want to offend anyone that was affected by it. Same deal as 9/11, just on a much smaller scale. Since Higurashi is not being directly blamed, I don't think we have to fear any station outright removing it and never allowing it to return.

My gut tells me AT-X will air it. Let's say they do and Tokai decides to air 13, skipping 12 to avoid screwing up the block schedule and possibly skipping a scene they didn't like. We would see 12 then 13 the next day. Not having to suffer a week wait to see 13 (which is gonna be amazing) would make up for all this hell we've been through.
Old 2007-09-22, 14:58   Link #187
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
kj1980, what do you think the chances are of Sun, Chibia or Saitama television airing it in 2 days? Is the incident still a big deal and on everybody's mind? Has it cooled down any?
No gives a shit, but TV stations don't want a potential lawsuit from bitching PTAs and "oh please won't someone think of the children" type of crap so they'll leave it off the air. Luckily, the attention span of the populace are quite short, so it'll probably be like a one week delay or some sort - I'm sure this news will just willow and fade away into memory when REAL news like the vote for the new prime minister comes up.
Old 2007-09-22, 15:00   Link #188
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That would seriously suck and waiting for a DVD release (that would still happen right?) would be rough.
Of course. The episodes being canceled is a decision by the networks and the networks alone.

(Maybe if it turned in to straight-to-DVD, we'll get a OVA-sized budget...)

Quote:
I'm sure this news will just willow and fade away into memory when REAL news like the vote for the new prime minister comes up.
I'm not so sure... If Japan is anything like the US, then pop-culture is always more important than politics.
Old 2007-09-22, 15:09   Link #189
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
I'm not so sure... If Japan is anything like the US, then pop-culture is always more important than politics.
I'm quite sure discovering who their next Prime Minister will be will dominate their media and thoughts over this story quite successfully, if Japan is anything like Australia.
Old 2007-09-22, 15:54   Link #190
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Hmm according to Tokai's current schedule it looks like Higurashi is scheduled to air next Friday at a later time slot.
Old 2007-09-22, 16:44   Link #191
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
15+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
They can restrict certain programming audiences to over 15 years old. AT-X is a private satellite channel so it has a better chance of airing anything controversial.
How does that work? Do a lot of TVs in Japan have something similar to a V-chip in them so AT-X can physically block it out, or you just mean they air a warning beforehand?
Old 2007-09-22, 17:27   Link #192
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Hmm according to Tokai's current schedule it looks like Higurashi is scheduled to air next Friday at a later time slot.
That's it's normal time slot, just delayed a half-hour due to some golf thing.

Quote:
How does that work? Do a lot of TVs in Japan have something similar to a V-chip in them so AT-X can physically block it out, or you just mean they air a warning beforehand?
No, it's because you have to pay for it. It's similar to why cable can get away with more than broadcast TV, and HBO can get away with even more stuff in the US.
Old 2007-09-22, 17:40   Link #193
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Does the word 続編 (zokuhen) have any significance?
Old 2007-09-22, 17:57   Link #194
GyroidFanatic

It's just talking about how it's the sequel to the first season
Old 2007-09-22, 19:21   Link #195
sezen_atacan

But wouldn't the blame better be put on the lack of efficient social services and affordable health care? Also I heard that school is tough, Japanese students studying abroad find that many western schools are too easy many subjects are already covered. Also the work hours make it hard for families to get together.

Won't this kinda make people vulnerable to pranks though? I don't know how to explain it but I worry that Monty Python might become reality.
Old 2007-09-22, 19:41   Link #196
Jaden

What can I say...an axe is a pretty good choice of weapon over a kitchen knife or boxcutter, I think. Nothing to do with Higurashi...if she had a gun or a katana, that would probably have been used instead.

*cough*

yeah, it'd be strange if it was delayed for more than a week or two...
Old 2007-09-22, 20:17   Link #197
MarthX

The problem with the delay is that there's a strong chance they will skip episodes preempted. KBS Kyoto's next week episode is 13. Even if everything returns to normal next week, it's going to suck if we can't see 12. But I'm confident that at least AT-X will show it. (I probably sound like a broken record) but I will keep saying it.

KEEP THE FAITH!
Old 2007-09-22, 21:20   Link #198
sezen_atacan

They will show episode 13 instead? That won't make sense though. The could do a back-to-back. Before we get to that point, does anyone have a summary of episode 12 or something? Its not that I am being whiny, but the complex nature of the plot makes it harder exponentially with each information you take out. Basically a supposedly solution arc isn't a solution if it has no solution and half a solution is not really a solution because the other half is still a mystery and not a solution.
Old 2007-09-22, 21:27   Link #199
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
The problem with the delay is that there's a strong chance they will skip episodes preempted. KBS Kyoto's next week episode is 13. Even if everything returns to normal next week, it's going to suck if we can't see 12.
In fact, it can turn out to be quite the boon for DEEN's DVD sales. Imagine the advertisement:

"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai DVD Box set! Includes unreleased TV episode!"

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-09-22, 23:07   Link #200
Animaker9

sorry, I kind of lost track... so does that mean that we are out of the woods yet? does it mean that Higurashi will not be dropped?
Closed Thread