AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 06:42   Link #181
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I know next to nothing about soccer, and yet, this is the only show that's managed to stir up a great deal of excitement in me this season, so much that I'm constantly watching out for new releases. The cast is compelling, the music is good and the matches are engrossing, this show is really something. I don't know about other non-soccer fans, but I'm definitely sticking around till the end.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 08:54   Link #182
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, you have to commend them for language use in episode six even if it did sound horribly stilted a lot of the time. It's at times like this I wonder if they went looking for tourists and offered them some money to speak the lines - because it did sound like someone reading from a page with no real 'acting'.

I've got a horrible craving for fish and chips now...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 09:23   Link #183
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well.. I'm dumbfounded at talking episode.. so really cant say anything after watching the raw..

And regarding the official match itself.. hard to say anything either.. except ETU playing with tight man marking.

Funny line acting tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 23:02   Link #184
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For an episode with so little happening, I loved it. The French manager, Blanc, was awesome - not only did he really sound like a Frenchman speaking accented English, but his character design and personality were immensely well-crafted. There's a lot of great detail work in this show - it shows it's relatively low budget but everything within is crafted with care, from the writing on down.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 23:16   Link #185
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i expect them to lose the first game then turn things around. that's how all good dramas go. anyways, i'm really really really enjoying this show. Tatsumi does have a killer aura around him..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 05:46   Link #186
snakespm

I was really impressed by the what I am guessing were foreign voice actors. I was actually able to pick out which language they were speaking from their accents alone. I only have a couple of complaints about the voice actors, the first was the German guys laugh. Honestly it sounded like a goose choking on a bag of anvils. The second was how slow they were speaking but I am guessing that was to allow people who speak English but not fluently to pick up what was said. The third was the lack of contractions when they were talking. I couldn't put my finger on it at first but the conversation just seemed awkward. However that could just be the studio wanting to make the conversation look really polite.
snakespm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:42   Link #187
ditn

That wasn't german that was dutch,carefull in not making that mistake over here

The dutch foreign voice actor for the trainer was excellent,as a dutch native speaker myself i approve.
Aldo he was from the netherlands(i am from belgium),you could clearly hear the accent they speak in netherlands and not in belgium.
The interpreter was speaking horrible dutch,i couldnt even understand what he was saying and his timing was all off

I didnt really hear a good frenchman speaking english in that guy.
French people speaking english have a way with their r,and i couldnt even hear it once from him.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 10:05   Link #188
Blaat

Isn't Dutch like a dialect of the German language? Anyway that was certainly Hollandic Dutch and not Flemish Dutch. I couldn't recognize the language of the Dutch's coach translator though, it certainly didn't sound like Dutch, more like gobbledygook.

Also a Frenchman that likes fish and chip? I find that hard to believe...
Old 2010-05-13, 10:39   Link #189
ditn

Its not a dialect from the german language
Dutch is a West Germanic language like English, Afrikaans, German, the Frisian languages, and Yiddish
Flemish is like a language on its own which no one understands but us tt
The coach translator needs some dutch lessons cause he is horrible.

The "frenchman" doenst even use the french r
Old 2010-05-13, 11:56   Link #190
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Isn't Dutch like a dialect of the German language?....
Isn't English? Only English has more French words added in.

EDIT: What ditn said.

As for the "French r," however, there are dialects of French that don't use it.

The thing that did disturb me was the idea of a Frenchman liking fish & chips. Is this possible? Even if he did, would he admit it? And if you're in Japan, why would you go for that rather than tempura? (Shakes head.) Lol. I hasten to add that I do like good fish & chips myself. Got some in Swindon once.... But the tempura in Nara, however, was at another level.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 12:04   Link #191
ditn

Hm most do i think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP65V...eature=related even Hugh Laurie does it :d
The french people in my company have a horrible way of putting the french r in every english sentence they speak,its hilarious.
Old 2010-05-13, 12:26   Link #192
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Hm most do i think ....
No question. That's true. The English (especially North American) hard "r" sounds as awkward in French as the French "r" does in English, however. Just saying, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 15:16   Link #193
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, is anyone interested in how Tatsumi played? i wish they'd show some of his highlights via flashbacks or something. cause he's a big deal, and i want to know why.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 21:38   Link #194
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched eps 6...

Ow their playstyle right now reminded me on Arsenal...
Great attacking but sucks on defending...

Eps 7 focus on Kuro. Maybe next Tatsumi will be focusing on defenders...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 06:54   Link #195
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so, is anyone interested in how Tatsumi played? i wish they'd show some of his highlights via flashbacks or something. cause he's a big deal, and i want to know why.
There were a few highlights, and judging from them, Tatsumi was a midfielder and the playmaker of ETU (he has the same position as Gino/Prince or whatever his name was)
Old 2010-05-15, 11:49   Link #196
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As far as I have watched football .. I've never seen a team playing with 2 PM at the same time... And as far as ETU play Gino is the assigned PM. If Tatsumi are indeed a MF (I think he is as well now) then he is most likely be the Box 2 Box Midfielder. A Gerrard/Ballack type of player .. Or Diaby/Ramsey in Arsenal
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-15, 13:07   Link #197
kanon78
Confederate

If I may guess, I'd say Tatsumi was probably a player like Cantona/Ginola (personality/skill wise, nr 7/ LWF).
Old 2010-05-15, 13:22   Link #198
destiny4everlove

Episode 6

- I loved how Tatsumi used the fact that ETU was among the teams at the end of the list, 15th (out of 18), in benefit of the team by letting everyone know (coaches from other teams and the media as well) that this time around ETU wasn’t going to be the same weak team as before.

- Blanc and Tatsu’s conversation was so nice and cool. I really enjoyed watching them interact and the best part was that Tatsumi had no idea that the man he was talking to was the manager of the Japanese national team.

- I like how in this anime we get to see the game from different perspectives and point of views; with the introduction of the female freelance reporter (the one that is going to cover ETU) I guess we now are going to have the chance to see things from that angle.

- And we finally find out the name of the mascot. Paoka!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 23:23   Link #199
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its a kappa .. so a Paoka as its name sounds fine

Is there an episode today? I think its aired earlier in the morning.. but I dont see any raw yet on my stream site which usually do at around this time
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-16, 16:40   Link #200
destiny4everlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Its a kappa .. so a Paoka as its name sounds fine
Paoka the kappa…it sounds nice. Btw, I just recently found out he was a kappa I thought he was a green duck.

Quote:
Is there an episode today? I think its aired earlier in the morning.. but I dont see any raw yet on my stream site which usually do at around this time
The raw of ep 7 is out.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports