AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-23, 14:30   Link #1981
g1alpha

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Scythe is going to die, its just how he's going to die we're waiting for... (or is it just me?)
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:43   Link #1982
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
That shows even without much time for him and characterisation how well made of a character is Skythe Master. Everyone has the guilty perversion of imagining the way of Skythe's death.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:52   Link #1983
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I would love a showdown between Sycthe and Harry McDowell from the dark and mafia-themed anime Gungrave. They are both cruel, manipulative and like to experiment on things. The only difference is that, while Sycthe decided to focus solely on his research, Harry decided to take over the organization and focus on his research as well.

But that will probably never happen...=)
Old 2009-09-23, 14:56   Link #1984
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Then he shouldn't use the word "technically."
Why ?

It threw you off that much ?

Technically speaking I am broke even though I have money in the bank its all going to pay my bills.

Technically speaking Reji already killed Scythe, although Scythes body hasn't realised it yet.

Whats wrong with that ?

Then again tired and messy cliches do mess up one's writing.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 16:22   Link #1985
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

What if scythe don't die in the end ?
Anyone would agree ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 17:59   Link #1986
Spikestrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
What if scythe don't die in the end ?
Anyone would agree ?
That would be the biggest trolling in my life probably :P After everything he does, if he still lives in the end, I may end up going to Japan and bombarding Bee Train!

The best scene for Scythe's death would be Elen killing him. That way Elen can get rid of the last remaining strings that keep her from moving on and gaining her emotions, willpower and character completely.

Scythe created a puppet and after using it (I'm looking from Scythe's point now that's why I'm using the word "it". No offense to anyone or any character.) for some time he considered the puppet to be broken and wanted to dispose of it. Now, the puppet comes as an actual person and gives her ex-owner, now enemy, the most important lesson of his lifetime. This is a perfect conclusion for Scythe's case.
Spikestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 18:12   Link #1987
g1alpha

Then BeeTrain shall fall to the combined forces of Reiji, Elen, and Cal fans... And probably the fans of every other character that was manipulated by Scythe O_O
Scythe must die. It was determined from the first few episodes that he was destined to die a cruel and horrible death. If BeeTrain decides to let someone like Scythe live while they kill off Cal... they have a very twisted sense of justice
Old 2009-09-23, 18:28   Link #1988
Xander

Justice isn't always needed in this kind of show, but speaking purely as a viewer it would be severely disappointing if Scythe Master didn't at least end up being tortured and humiliated before his death.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 18:33   Link #1989
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

A live SM would bring up the possibilities of sequels. I kind of like the thought of SM living to create another round of killers.
Old 2009-09-23, 18:37   Link #1990
g1alpha

....so are you saying you want Reiji and Elen to be killed?
Old 2009-09-23, 18:49   Link #1991
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

They don't have to be killed for SM to survive. He can be wounded. The Sisters get killed and those 2 run for the ship as fast as they can so to speak.

Great villains shouldn't have to die imo.
Old 2009-09-23, 18:54   Link #1992
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They don't have to be killed for SM to survive. He can be wounded. The Sisters get killed and those 2 run for the ship as fast as they can so to speak.

Great villains shouldn't have to die imo.
True, not all great villains have to die. But he deserves it so very much and we've all been itching to see it since the beginning of the series.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:58   Link #1993
g1alpha

Scythe already escaped death once. He does not deserve more chances. Although if it was an OVA i wouldnt mind seeing scythe again for a different route, I want to see him die at least once
Old 2009-09-23, 20:58   Link #1994
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Scythe is so evil that even I have been imagining the best (i.e., most painful) ways of dispatching him. But having him live for another series has some appeal. The fact that his initials are SM must be intentional.

His seiyuu Chiba Isshin (40) is doing a great job:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:14   Link #1995
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Well, I sure as hell wouldn't want a sequel with Sycthe in it. I'm obsessed with it as it is, and I like the story as it is, it's perfect.

There's the game after all, if some people aren't satisfied with the endings.
Old 2009-09-24, 00:28   Link #1996
telamont

To all the Ellen fans... out of curiosity, how many of you love her simply from watching the anime, and how many are carrying that love over from the VN? And to VN players, how would you grade the anime's handling of her character?

Now that the show's as good as over, I've decided to hunt down as much info from the VN as I can to complement the anime experience. The bits and pieces I got about Ellen made her out to be quite awesome. Wasn't she kind of shafted by the anime? I mean, if we break it down into arcs, then:

First Arc: This was the arc where she was supposed to be the focus and get us rooting for her. Claudia ended up hijacking a good chunk of her screen time (and arguably the show itself in my opinion) and her man. Whenever we did get to see her, she was always either acting, or expressionless. I'm assuming that in the VN, we at least get to see her thoughts via monologues. The anime did not have those.

Second Arc: Cal was the focus. Ellen was the opponent in the shadows. Did she even get 10 minutes of screen time the entire arc?

Third Arc: Shoved aside for Mio's development and Crazy! Cal. I think she ended up with barely more screen time than Mio's annoying friend.

So yeah, Ellen's great and all, and she's almost certainly getting her happy end at this point, but as a character and the main heroine, didn't the anime... really really mistreat her?
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 03:38   Link #1997
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Reiji is not just one person. He was Inferno's best assassin. He is Sycthe's best experiment, a man feared in the underground world, just the word "Phantom" sends shivers down the spine of anyone who hears it. He was also a man who killed dozens of people, even children.

He also has one of the best allies anyone could have, Ein. The first Phantom ever existed and Sycthe's first experiment, who needs allies? =)

Cal, who was destined to become Drei, was also in love with him. If he wasn't stupid, he could have easily manipulated her into becoming one of his allies, but it was explained in the past 30 pages what happened and what not. =)

Not to mention Mio falling in love with him, Reiji could have gained anything he wanted, if he was as manipulative as Sycthe, that is.
Actually in the VN, there is an ending where Reiji did all of what you just said. I am serious. It is my favourite ending from VN, to be honest: he being a bastard SOB and unapologetic about it, taking over the underworld with panache and style.
Old 2009-09-24, 04:56   Link #1998
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
First Arc: This was the arc where she was supposed to be the focus and get us rooting for her. Claudia ended up hijacking a good chunk of her screen time (and arguably the show itself in my opinion) and her man. Whenever we did get to see her, she was always either acting, or expressionless. I'm assuming that in the VN, we at least get to see her thoughts via monologues. The anime did not have those.
As far as I remember, there are two main differences between anime and VN in first arc concerning Ein:

1. Ein in anime seems to be less cold then in the VN. That goes for the third arc as well where she doesn't seem to enter the Onee-sama mode if only Reiji was with her

2. An very important monologue was cut at the harbor and nothing was done to hint on that thought:

Spoiler:

Other then this, most stuff stayed the same. They even left her keep some of monologues if I remember right.

Quote:
Second Arc: Cal was the focus. Ellen was the opponent in the shadows. Did she even get 10 minutes of screen time the entire arc?

Third Arc: Shoved aside for Mio's development and Crazy! Cal. I think she ended up with barely more screen time than Mio's annoying friend.
Indeed, and it is something that always pisses me of because a lot more could have been done with her character.
Old 2009-09-24, 10:37   Link #1999
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Must.....not......fall.....asleep......*zZzZzZz*
Old 2009-09-24, 12:42   Link #2000
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotorightway123 View Post
I can see is another anime soon to be sent into dark history. The OVA is better off forgotten, the guys I know that played Phantom of Inferno were disgusted by the anime's character designs, and while I've been a Bee Train fan ever since MADLAX, I'm not sure if I'll stand another great visual novel ruined. CHAOS;HEAD anime is a great adaptation story-wise, but it's such a visual and atmospheric disservice to the original that, taking Bee Train's recent record into account, I'm seriously in doubt how this newest anime will turn out to be. Bluntly, I'm not particularly excited about it, and I'm usually very excited about Nitroplus' stuff.
What are you talking about? Madlax is BeeTrain's biggest failure imo. I couldn't get past episode 13. It was so horrible, I would prefer Phantom OVA over it anytime.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen