AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 16:38   Link #1981
Echizen777

Izayoi can destroy Gifts but it's not like Imagine Breaker. I don't think he can simply destroy them by simple contact.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:38   Link #1982
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*if Izayoi can hit it or do you think Yo would just stand there to take the hit?
If Izayoi wants to hit Yo with full force, do you honestly think Yo can avoid it? Highness called Yo "too slow" after all.
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:41   Link #1983
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedknight View Post
If Izayoi wants to hit Yo with full force, do you really think Yo can avoid it? Highness called Yo "too slow" after all.
the current Yo would certainly not be able to dodge Izayoi but i am talking a Yo with full understanding of her powers.

Right now both Yo and Asuka have barely scratch the surface of their powers.

the question isn't is Izayoi current more powerful then both Yo and Asuka. That answer is absolutely YES.
the question is, will Izayoi continue to be more powerful then either Asuka or Yo even after all 3 have complete mastery of their gifts. imo, we don't know.
Old 2014-08-14, 16:48   Link #1984
Echizen777

Quote:
the current Yo would certainly not be able to dodge Izayoi but i am talking a Yo with full understanding of her powers.

the question isn't is Izayoi current more powerful then both Yo and Asuka. That answer is absolutely YES.
the question is, will Izayoi continue to be more powerful then either Asuka or Yo even after all 3 have complete mastery of their gifts. imo, we don't know.
He should be the strongest since his Gift is more powerful, but not the strongest by a wide margin as he is now IMO.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:49   Link #1985
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:

Well, you could always look at it like this, there are more than one [Genome Trees], the Demon of Laplace had no idea what the heck Izayoi's gift was... but that probably won't fly well.

Maybe it can be looked at like this, those without an [Another Cosmology] will never be able to defeat those that do.
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 02:25   Link #1986
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:

Err... Which current You and Which current Izayoi are we talking about? haven't read the 11th yet, so maybe Izayoi get good new feats/ huge boost... However, judging from the 10th volume alone,
You in
Spoiler for spoiler 9-10:
Old 2014-08-15, 03:05   Link #1987
Haru00

Quote:

Yo with full understanding of her powers vs Izayoi with full understanding of his powers, I'd go for Izayoi.

In my understanding Izayoi has barely scratched the surface of his powers. While Asuka and Yo are closely understanding their powers.
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 03:48   Link #1988
mPervy
Professional NEET

Lol so hard at all these talk about power ranking between the Problem Children... I guess every threads will always had these kind of talk... I believe everything you're debating about would be answered in this volume, with all the Problem Children fight together, so We could see which one has the most prominet role in defeating Azi Dakaha...
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 04:31   Link #1989
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
Lol so hard at all these talk about power ranking between the Problem Children... I guess every threads will always had these kind of talk... I believe everything you're debating about would be answered in this volume, with all the Problem Children fight together, so We could see which one has the most prominet role in defeating Azi Dakaha...
you're serious right the one with the most prominent role in defeating Azi is Izayoi by far the others are basically told get out of his way so i dont have to protect you
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 04:51   Link #1990
mPervy
Professional NEET

That's why it's obvious that in the current time, Izayoi is the strongest. About the future, let's wait til the Author tell us more about their growth. Since there's still to many thing We don't know about each Problem Childrens Gifts (especially Izayoi's that even Laplace didn't know anything about it), I believe it's still to early to talk about who'd be the strongest.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 05:32   Link #1991
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
That's why it's obvious that in the current time, Izayoi is the strongest. About the future, let's wait til the Author tell us more about their growth. Since there's still to many thing We don't know about each Problem Childrens Gifts (especially Izayoi's that even Laplace didn't know anything about it), I believe it's still to early to talk about who'd be the strongest.
Nobody here will debate that izayoi is currently the strongest what most of us disagree on is if the girls gifts can eventually make them stronger then izayoi.
Old 2014-08-15, 05:34   Link #1992
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
you're serious right the one with the most prominent role in defeating Azi is Izayoi by far the others are basically told get out of his way so i dont have to protect you
This is Izayoi's personality to only rely on his own strength and not on others. Him saying to other "get out of the way" doesn't mean there is a huge gap in power between them. Especially since Izayoi (at least up to the 10th volume) doesn't know the extend of power of You and Asuka.

As for the future, You's father seems to be a freaking monster. He was said to be the main strength of that 100 guild alliance lead by kanaria, an alliance that had lots of very strong level 4 in them, including monsters with the same status as Shiroyasha (forgot the english name).
If You goes the same way as him, there is no telling what would happen later. There seems to be heavy risks involved though. Compare dto this, Izayoi probably has little to no risks involved in his evolution, and has therefore probably a lot of "promised" power available with ease.
Old 2014-08-15, 06:18   Link #1993
blueexorcist

I dont see the point in this debate but what I could gather from the 8 volume that i manage to read was that Izayoi is only at the surface of his gift power and apparently his aurora pillar is that surface as mention by baron when he use it to destroy the pocket dimension. I havent read so far yet but IMO, i dont think yo and asuka will be stronger than him in the future unless they can destroy stars (little garden) with a punch other than that I dont see how YO mastery of her gift even if it give her the ability of 4 digits or 3 digits or combine million creature power is gonna help her be stronger than izayoi unless that beast can give her the power to destroy star with a punch and same goes for asuka. Actually I think that izayoi might be able to destroy more than a star with punch maybe galaxy .
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 06:22   Link #1994
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
This is Izayoi's personality to only rely on his own strength and not on others. Him saying to other "get out of the way" doesn't mean there is a huge gap in power between them. Especially since Izayoi (at least up to the 10th volume) doesn't know the extend of power of You and Asuka.

As for the future, You's father seems to be a freaking monster. He was said to be the main strength of that 100 guild alliance lead by kanaria, an alliance that had lots of very strong level 4 in them, including monsters with the same status as Shiroyasha (forgot the english name).
If You goes the same way as him, there is no telling what would happen later. There seems to be heavy risks involved though. Compare dto this, Izayoi probably has little to no risks involved in his evolution, and has therefore probably a lot of "promised" power available with ease.
To your first point he's saying get out of the way because the only one who can fight azi is him and he doesnt want the girls getting killed for no reason. Remember when His highness first revealed himself Yo stopped asuka when he arrived because they realized that only Izayoi could beat the guy the gap in power at the moment is quite clear even with the best of Yo's gifts
and more proof he's the only one capable of fighting azi
Quote:
“This light………………is Izayoi’s……..!”

She had only seen it once, but this light was the same one that had slayed the giant dragon. The immeasurable light radiated out of Little Gardens roof and absorbed the light of the stars.

The clashing of two powers faded fast, and night returned to the forest once more.

{“……….I’m Surprised. To think against Azi Dakaha, he was still fighting…..!”}

“Izayoi-kun……..!”

He’s still alive. Izayoi is still fighting. That reality lit her face brightly.

Asuka gripped the flute she held, “The Wind-cutting Flute of Hamelin”, and asked

“……….Alma. I can fight. With this we’ll go to Izayoi and help”

{“Its impossible. Its the same as committing suicide.”}
Asuka's own gift basically admitted she would be killed it wasnt his personality that made him fight alone its the fact the girls are no match

As for Yo its pretty clear that Yo is not her father and never really will be after all the garuda she used to defeat the dragons basically used up all the gifts power so im not confident in her either
Old 2014-08-15, 07:49   Link #1995
The One-way Road

Speaking of Yo, does she get her gift back somehow in some form during vol. 10-11, or is she powerless during them?
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 07:56   Link #1996
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
Speaking of Yo, does she get her gift back somehow in some form during vol. 10-11, or is she powerless during them?
I couldnt tell yea vol 10 seems to me like its one of those lets step back from the Azi fight and give u a more relaxed volume (so i doubt its in 10 and if not i'd say we'll find out)
Old 2014-08-15, 08:28   Link #1997
iCK

If someones gift is to be considered Humanities last hope, while his teammates just has above average gifts, once fully mastered, Izayoi would still be the strongest by a large margin...
Izayois gift wouldnt even be needed if they has 2 gifts there were suppose to be stronger.
Its simple...
Izayoi is the main character while Yo and Asuka are his backup.

Also, Asuka and Yo are gaining power ups with each volume. While Izayoi isnt. And he is still im a whole different league.
You cant compare them.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 08:33   Link #1998
The One-way Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I couldnt tell yea vol 10 seems to me like its one of those lets step back from the Azi fight and give u a more relaxed volume (so i doubt its in 10 and if not i'd say we'll find out)
Oh yeah, vol 10 was the "extra" volume, my fault. :P
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:12   Link #1999
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
If someones gift is to be considered Humanities last hope, while his teammates just has above average gifts, once fully mastered, Izayoi would still be the strongest by a large margin...
Izayois gift wouldnt even be needed if they has 2 gifts there were suppose to be stronger.
Its simple...
Izayoi is the main character while Yo and Asuka are his backup.

Also, Asuka and Yo are gaining power ups with each volume. While Izayoi isnt. And he is still im a whole different league.
You cant compare them.
Thats where you have a slight mistake. You're thought process is 100% correct but the problem is this. You can compare them its just flawed because we still arent clear on two major things.
1. The true nature of the gifts that any of the group possess (The original gifts not the presents they got later).
2. There's also no clear indication of just how close anybody is to mastering the gifts.

once those things are more clearly defined then all will be clear its been the basic premise of the argument that we've had for the better part of 5 pages. Right now izayoi is stronger but once the gifts are all completely mastered and made clear there's no easy way to determine what can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
Oh yeah, vol 10 was the "extra" volume, my fault. :P
I wouldnt worry too much about that.
Old 2014-08-15, 09:18   Link #2000
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post

In truth, Izayoi doesn't even know the extend of his own power, how would he know about the other 2?

I actually doubt that there was anyone stronger than Izayoi in that Canaria's alliance. In their fight against Azi Dahaka 200 year ago they lost 80% of their alliance members just to seal him.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko