AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 19:06   Link #1981
Siege

dont care it still looked really daft i mean it was calamities BITCH,

any calamity needs to go anywhere it just hop right on plus how in the dues does one stop rockets and lasers with a chain i mean come on
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:05   Link #1982
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
are we getting OT here? me hoping for Destiny MSV/ Destiny Astray MSV also.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:43   Link #1983
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Can we also add that there was some considerable space between Raider and Freedom when Freedom got beheaded. Well, yeah they were in space lol but still, that was one pretty good Hammer. I do wonder, is the Hammer Phase Shifted as well? Now that would be interesting....
I dont see why not. Blitz's darts were phase shift coated and they didn't have some sort of connection to the firing unit.

Sure, phase shift will stop your MS from being damaged but that doesn't save you from the impact of a heavy object travelling at high speeds.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 22:36   Link #1984
AnimePaul

Does anyone know if Bandai has released 1/100 Akatsuki model kit yet? So far I'm planning on getting my hands on 1/100 Strike Freedom and 1/110 Akatsuki. I like the Akatsuki just for the fact its going to look shiny as hell with the gold coat of armor.
AnimePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 23:12   Link #1985
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

give it time; they actually might do akatsuki by the end of the year, and if I may give advice, also wait for an MG strike Freedom; its also a good possibility it might come out soon, and the 1/100 offering is sh1t, quite honestly.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 23:15   Link #1986
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePaul
Does anyone know if Bandai has released 1/100 Akatsuki model kit yet? So far I'm planning on getting my hands on 1/100 Strike Freedom and 1/110 Akatsuki. I like the Akatsuki just for the fact its going to look shiny as hell with the gold coat of armor.
it will be sooner or later...is just a matter of time......

Akatsuki packaging is either sold off separately ( like Strike) or combine( Zaku 's Arthrun and Dearka ver) for my prediction.....
Old 2006-09-15, 23:30   Link #1987
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
Sure, phase shift will stop your MS from being damaged but that doesn't save you from the impact of a heavy object travelling at high speeds.
Yeah, like a colony drop. The earth may still be there, but it really hurts after the drop

Speaking of models, I was wondering. Those HGUC 1/144's, is there a MS left that has not been HGUCfied? Maybe they should start the HGAC line and redo all the Wing Gundam models with todays technology. Boy would I like to see a sturdy HeavyArms Custom....or a MG version

Aha. You know those latest 1/144's, the Zaku I and Powered GM? Imagine a Leo with that technology

And since the Zudah looks a bit like Tallgeese, Tallgeese would look great in that Zudah type of body
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 02:24   Link #1988
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Speaking of models, I was wondering. Those HGUC 1/144's, is there a MS left that has not been HGUCfied?
- Tons upon tons of MS that fans want that have not been given the HGUC treatment, like the GM Sniper Custom I and II, the Refined Barzam, et. al. And of course, there's a rather big segment of Gunpla fans who demand that Bandai release HGUCs from Char's Counterattack next. And that doesn't even begin to count the new UC MS Bandai is coming out with, such as the Zaku Sniper (FINALLY! a decent Sniper MS for ther mono-eyes that isn't a Gelgoog!), and the GM Striker.

HGAC stuff--I'm not sure if it'll come out anytime soon, but I'd definitely want to see some HG work done on some of the Wing Stuff--a 1/144 Wing Gundam Ver. Ka, for one, would be one I'd get. And a Katoki-redesigned Gundam X, as well. But I guess that's pretty much just wishful thinking.

One major gripe I have, though. If they do make new HGs (Seed, UC, Wing, or otherwise), I hope they do it with correct scale in mind. I have the Tallgeese III (16+meters) and the Cgue (18-19+ meters, I think) models--and they'fe the same height. Guh. This may be just me, since I started with 1/144 aircraft and moved into Gunpla, but it really riles me to see supposedly same-scale mecha not matching the expected sizes.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 03:33   Link #1989
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I do hate seeing the same happening, that is why I might not be able to buy one that early >.> .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 05:10   Link #1990
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

wavehawk...your dream come true

Game Watch at the Amusement Machine Show
Game Watch's report from Banpresto's booth at the 44th Amusement Machine Show includes more promo shots from the Spirits Of Zeon arcade game.

Their Bandai Namco booth report confirms the HGUC GM Striker for December.

frm gunota
Old 2006-09-16, 10:25   Link #1991
kct

Good, I love the new style of linearts from stuff like the GM Striker.
Old 2006-09-16, 22:09   Link #1992
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Just got the HGUC Powered GM because it was going cheap. I must say, the details are almost to, if not at, Master Grade levels. The rear of the shield and the soles are spectacular.

As for articulation, we'll have to wait and see until I get my ass around to building it.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:56   Link #1993
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Dammitm, that's good! No, dammit, that's bad! I'm still in the process of saving up enough money for December purchases! The GM Striker is going to take a bit out of my wallet! And I haven't even been able to get that lovely, lovely Powered GM yet~~~Nuhooooooo.....

<---Ignore me. I'm in one of those chemically imbalanced (read: Six weeks without coffee and counting) days, and it's playing havoc with my sanity and common sense
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 03:27   Link #1994
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
One major gripe I have, though. If they do make new HGs (Seed, UC, Wing, or otherwise), I hope they do it with correct scale in mind. I have the Tallgeese III (16+meters) and the Cgue (18-19+ meters, I think) models--and they'fe the same height. Guh. This may be just me, since I started with 1/144 aircraft and moved into Gunpla, but it really riles me to see supposedly same-scale mecha not matching the expected sizes.
CGUE is listed as 21 meters, but it also has a big-ass mohawk. maybe their head height is the same at 16-17m, but mohawk bumps it a few more m?
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 04:09   Link #1995
kct

Yup. They take the mohawks/horns of mobile suits into account of height. Check the ZAKUs for proof.

wave: lol
Old 2006-09-17, 08:03   Link #1996
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

ok.....So the mohawk is included in height measurement? That must be about 5 meters shaved off

And if we compare it like with Aegis gundam, then Aegis gundam must be one small dude

I mean, the Ginn's mohawk doesn't reall go that high, it's swept back quite a bit. Unless we're talking about the long range recon guy, he has a bit of frilly things on his head. Cgue's is swept back considerably, but if we want to talk about verticals, then Zno wins the bet

Speaking of Zno, Bandai where the hell is Zaft's amphibious MS model kits? That brown 1/144 NG Goohn of mine is really stiff and lonely
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 08:08   Link #1997
kct

I have no idea about those in SEED, but they might come into equation in some way >.> .
Old 2006-09-18, 02:43   Link #1998
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Aren't all Wing 1/144's actually scaled to the UC height of ~18 meters instead of their own 15-16?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 10:01   Link #1999
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
wadever it is i sure hope they come up with some destroy cannon fodders(that are of their correct size ie it better not be size of 1/144 destiny = size of 1/144 destroy) for me to make a "destiny ripping up destroy" scene.
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 01:41   Link #2000
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Someone beat you to it.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy