monster

Quote:
AEU:
AEU-09T AEU Enact Commander Type
Head height: 17.6 m
Base weight: 66.8 t
Pilot: Patrick Corlasawar
Armament: linear rifle, defense rod, sonic blade (plasma sword), leg missles
"The commander type of the mass-produced Enact. AEU ace Patrick used it for military exercises in Moralia. It has a more enhanced communication capacity than the standard version."
I think they should mute all the communication system so at least he wouldn't sound stupid to those around him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 21:01   Link #1982
Cherudim Arche

Let's hope he can actually win a battle with the upgraded unit.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 02:52   Link #1983
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Depends on the magazine. In this case, they agree with this month's Newtype spoilers (which I saw the scans of but don't have anymore), so they are more than likely legit.
Yeah, I read the Web Newtype spoilers, and they are the same as the ones posted earlier.
Old 2007-12-11, 02:58   Link #1984
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Let's hope he can actually win a battle with the upgraded unit.
The Enact he was shot down with in episode 6 IS the upgraded unit

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 09:23   Link #1985
servitude

Nah. Gundam 0 still sucks and you're so wrong by saying I'm a GSD fan.. I'm a UC fan.

As for uber suits.. Trust me.. This show will move towards uber suits.. Its the only way to destroy more things, kill more people and sell more toys.. Sigh..

As for excessive figures for the female characters.. Not all anime's like that and not all GUndam's like that. Oh well.. Be it as it may this is still a GUndam series... Still I kinda enjoy the new translation movies better.... For some reason the story and characters look more interesting.. I mean Setsuna, bitter war experience... Echos Shinn?

Well Destiny was quite bad.. Seed was ok but ending rushed.. Didn't like Wing, was ok with 0083, 08th and 0080, CCA, MSG, Z was good as well. ZZ, X not good. Oh Turn A was good as well. No uber suits (well other than the butterfly thing) but good storyline and nice character development. The world was quirky as well.

So? I ain't no GDS fanboy..

BTW, does the new Gundam's need refueling? I've not seen things like armours, energy shields, battery, low energy indicators, etc...
servitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 09:36   Link #1986
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by servitude View Post
BTW, does the new Gundam's need refueling? I've not seen things like armours, energy shields, battery, low energy indicators, etc...
Nope. They are the battery for the Ptolemy, and they don't need any recharge.

And Setsuna isn't like Shinn. That's quite different bitter war experience. One is a part of war, while other is just a victim of war. If you think they are alike just because they both have bitter war experience in their past, then we have quite a number of characters that have similar problem.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 09:48   Link #1987
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by servitude View Post
Nah. Gundam 0 still sucks and you're so wrong by saying I'm a GSD fan.. I'm a UC fan.

As for uber suits.. Trust me.. This show will move towards uber suits.. Its the only way to destroy more things, kill more people and sell more toys.. Sigh..

As for excessive figures for the female characters.. Not all anime's like that and not all GUndam's like that. Oh well.. Be it as it may this is still a GUndam series... Still I kinda enjoy the new translation movies better.... For some reason the story and characters look more interesting.. I mean Setsuna, bitter war experience... Echos Shinn?

Well Destiny was quite bad.. Seed was ok but ending rushed.. Didn't like Wing, was ok with 0083, 08th and 0080, CCA, MSG, Z was good as well. ZZ, X not good. Oh Turn A was good as well. No uber suits (well other than the butterfly thing) but good storyline and nice character development. The world was quirky as well.

So? I ain't no GDS fanboy..

So you are saying Nu Gundam and Sazabi aren't ubersuits?
Frankly, we should all stop worrying about the commercial aspect of Gundam. It isn't some great evil that most worry that it might be. I mean, How many mobilesuits did Amuro upgrade to in his lifetime anyway?

Oh, and about battery life... I distinctively remember that UC mobilesuit's fusion engines generally don't have issues with running out of power. The CE universe went too far in my opinion, artificially put in place restrictions that doesn't make sense. Every weapon of war really should be able to fight a full battle from start to finish, or it would be considered bad engineering. The 00 non-Gundams might be weaker than CB mobilesuits, but they are functional and can last a whole battle without refueling.
The 00 Gundam GN drive appear to behave like UC fusion engines, except with added gimmicks.

As far as power-levels are concerned, I would place 00 Gundams at about the level of Zeta time-period UC tech. They only look more powerful because the opposition is 10-15 years behind in technological development. The CE Gundams are actually quite weak compared to UC or 00
Old 2007-12-11, 12:17   Link #1988
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So you are saying Nu Gundam and Sazabi aren't ubersuits?
Frankly, we should all stop worrying about the commercial aspect of Gundam. It isn't some great evil that most worry that it might be. I mean, How many mobilesuits did Amuro upgrade to in his lifetime anyway?

Oh, and about battery life... I distinctively remember that UC mobilesuit's fusion engines generally don't have issues with running out of power. The CE universe went too far in my opinion, artificially put in place restrictions that doesn't make sense. Every weapon of war really should be able to fight a full battle from start to finish, or it would be considered bad engineering. The 00 non-Gundams might be weaker than CB mobilesuits, but they are functional and can last a whole battle without refueling.
The 00 Gundam GN drive appear to behave like UC fusion engines, except with added gimmicks.

As far as power-levels are concerned, I would place 00 Gundams at about the level of Zeta time-period UC tech. They only look more powerful because the opposition is 10-15 years behind in technological development. The CE Gundams are actually quite weak compared to UC or 00
I agree wiith alot of what u said tho the CE gundams have sum over powered weapons if i recal so saying they aint up to spec with 00 n UC is quite arguable.
Not to mention alot of CE tech was taken from the UC era n super powered.
And ur argument about the batteries yea its a bit cheesy but when if ur enemy uses a technology to disable nuclear fussion u have to fall back on sumthing in order to fight. beats the alternitive of being steamrolled. btw if u think im a seed fanboy u would be wrong i love all gundam no more than any other.
As to ur argument on weapons starting in a battle n finishing u have other issuses other than power how about ammo? u can be in the most technologicly advanced weapon n without ammo what u gonna do :/
Old 2007-12-11, 13:20   Link #1989
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
As to ur argument on weapons starting in a battle n finishing u have other issuses other than power how about ammo? u can be in the most technologicly advanced weapon n without ammo what u gonna do :/
If we are comparing 00 with UC, the beam weapons are effectively the same. Both uses magical subatomic particles that came from the reactor and compressed before being fired. And in both cases, the limit is in the output of the reactor. As a rule, these beam weapons will work as long as the reactor is still operational.

In UC, to get MORE power in the beam shoots, some special weapons instead pre-store the particles in ammo magazines. This means the weapon isn't restricted by the mobilesuit's own power output, but no longer has unlimited ammo.
From what we can see of CB Gundams, they all use beam weapons. And right now a single GN-drive is more than sufficient to power beam guns indefinitely, so no mention of ammo restrictions yet.
(The catch with GN-drive, is that the 00 Gundams relied on them for EVERYTHING. So the GN particles had to be divided up and shared by vital components. You have the weapons, the GN-shield if you are Virtue, the Atmospheric re-entry protection, propulsion, anti-gravity, and even cloaking. This is why the 4 Gundams have different capabilities while having the same engine. I believe cloaking hadn't been employed in combat because it probably needed the GN-drive's entire output to maintain, so the Gundam had to be shut down during its use.)

On a side note, the 00 non-Gundam MS are using both traditional firearms and magnetically-propelled slugs. Both types of weapon have ammo restrictions. However, just like how they have enough fuel to last a battle, the MS also carry enough ammunition to last the whole fight. Quite simply, if you ran out of ammo it was because you either waste them or you didn't equip yourself properly.
Old 2007-12-11, 14:50   Link #1990
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Nah..... Kira is not use to fighting grunts that knows how to fight back in a co-ordinated military disciplined experianced fashion.
Not really. Given what we saw in ep. 10 of 00, the grunts would've gotten their asses handed to them on a silver platter by Kira/SF. They would've simply looked more organized while it happened. Soma the "super soldier" was having trouble dodging Hallelujah's beam rifle shots...imagine her trying to avoid the hail of DRAGOON shenanigans Kira would've unleashed.

So yeah, Yamato would've probably scrapped 'em in about five minutes or less, given his current "50 grunts/3 battleships = 3 minutes" record. Not taking anything away from the 00 grunts since they're the best grunts we've had in a good while, it's just that Kira's so unrealistically badass they've probably got nothing coming.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 14:30   Link #1991
Tangerine

Gundam 00, rating

ep 01 … 5.4%
ep 02 … 5.5%
ep 03 … 4.8%
ep 04 … 5.5%
ep 05 … 4.4%
ep 06 … 5.0%
ep 07 … 4.9%
ep 08 … 5.1%
ep 09 … 4.5%
ep 10 … 4.0%
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 17:24   Link #1992
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
^ hmmm....what happened there?
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 18:08   Link #1993
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
^ hmmm....what happened there?
Giant rating slump in Kantou... Its doing well in Kansai though.
Old 2007-12-13, 19:15   Link #1994
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Weird. The rating for episode 10, and all action episode is the lowest?
Old 2007-12-13, 19:25   Link #1995
Tangerine

weird, weird...
episode 5, 7, 9, 10--->awesome---> low rating
episode 4,6,8--->sucks---> high rating
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 19:27   Link #1996
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Someone compare those ratings to boob factor, go!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:07   Link #1997
brightman
Ancient Member

Like I said in the Ep 10 thread, the same thing happened in GSD... The action-packed episodes got worse ratings than the clipshows. It was crazy and stupid.

Then again, if you factor in the fact that there is a sizable female audience for these shows, which might be more interested in gawking at Kira and Athrun acting all lovey-dovey, it all makes sense.
Old 2007-12-14, 21:10   Link #1998
piccu

*shocked*
Episode ten, which was the best till now IMHO, got the worst rating o.O I'm utterly disappointed...
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 12:02   Link #1999
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

I'm surprised even SEED destiny isn't the worst series.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:29   Link #2000
Terra

That's how I took those ratings as well, although it's stupid to do that. Just because of one ep being not so good, it means the others won't as well? That's just singlemindedness. Each ep should be taken on it's own merit.

Tags
spoilers