AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-12-27, 17:49   Link #2001
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
actually, i don't think Hades's using such restriction or self-distruct spell. Hades think of devils as inferior beings to gods like himself, i think he didn't expect some of them to be more powerful than himself...

anyway, these devils he created are still young, dunno at this point in the timeline, maybe they are few weeks old. so they just know what he told them, i think he just manipulating them in that sort of way...

also it depends on what he was planning to do with them. we don't really know his goal, if he wants to create chaos in the underworld politics with introducing devils more powerful than the current maous. he also created an absurd number of them, a hundred thousand new devil. should be enough to make a great impact on the balance of power between the factions of the alliance, specially since most the chiefs that are responsible for making the alliance in the first place are sealed with trihexa(like Azazel, michael, siezechs, Odin, Zeus...), without them present the alliance might be fragile...
i'm just speculating here, but Hades might just use this as an excuse to blame any havoc these new super-devils to blame accuse the DEvil faction of wanting to overtake and control or conquer the other weakened faction(that has they leaders sealed)

Hades seems like the cunning kind , they way he justified the employment of the grim-reapers in hero faction incident... he seems to always has some made-up excuse to justify his actions.
After seeing Sirzechs, i don't think Hades would consider underestimating Devils. He's even creating 100,000 of Devils if half of them revolt against him, he would already be struggling for more than it's worth.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 18:33   Link #2002
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah.

But he still wasn't expecting any of them to be Super Devil,-level so Balberis and Verine being that powerful did surprise him. He's even scared of them, isn't he? But there are also only four of those Devils we know of so far that are Maou-class or higher. Balberis and Verine who are Super Devils (with the former apparently being Dragon God-level unless they just meant he's on the level of current Ophis), and the other two are Maou-class but are stated to have to potential to reach Super Devil-level.

Anyway, Hades is definitely up to something. What, though?
Old 2017-12-27, 18:48   Link #2003
sbh1fr

speaking of super devils:

Spoiler for DxD Ex CH2 P2:

so i guess that the other 3 Super devils from the future are ones Balbelis and Verine and maybe Some other devil from the 100000 lot. what d o you think ?
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 19:00   Link #2004
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The number has changed with the addition of Verine and Balbelis. Ise and Vali were already included in those six mentioned in EX, since they're already Super Devil candidates now. Ishibumi changed his mind and increased the Super Devils in the future.
Old 2017-12-27, 19:44   Link #2005
B214

Unless of course if Ise and Vali were placed in that list. If they aren't then it would be 5 confirmed only. Besides I doubt Ishibumi will divert from EX too much. Especially major info like 6 Super Devils.
Old 2017-12-27, 21:08   Link #2006
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well tbh, Vali and Issei will be beings beyond Super Devils so it would probably be really incorrect to call them just Super Devil level because by that point, they'll be something not even resembling a devil much more than Sirzechs. Probably like Devil God's. I wouldn't be surprised if they were considered the gods of devils lol
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 21:13   Link #2007
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
Well tbh, Vali and Issei will be beings beyond Super Devils so it would probably be really incorrect to call them just Super Devil level because by that point, they'll be something not even resembling a devil much more than Sirzechs. Probably like Devil God's. I wouldn't be surprised if they were considered the gods of devils lol
It would be inaccurate to say "devil gods". Super Devils are already considered gods by devil's standards. Sirzerch, Ajuka and Rizevim power already rivals the power of gods. Issei would most likely be a Dragon God since he's more Dragon than devil. Vali would still be labeled as a Super Devil.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 21:50   Link #2008
B214

They'll be labeled as Dragon Devil. XD
Old 2017-12-27, 22:32   Link #2009
Lucidrago

I'm pretty sure those three other Super Devils are Issei, Vali, and Sairaorg. But we shouldn't really use EX as a strict interpretation of the future. Ishibumi probably thought of Baalberith and Verine after he wrote EX.

And what's beyond Super Devil? Super Duper Devil? Super Devil God?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 23:02   Link #2010
aw454wtr

Vali would be super devil, but with Gr and Ophis powers Issei in EX is clearly in a league of his own

Even gasper a super devil did struggle against Ruma Idra while Issei casually one shotted him
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 23:04   Link #2011
B214

Super Devil is the highest level a Devil can reach. It has the kanji transcendental being for a reason. They already transcend the Devil level.
Old 2017-12-27, 23:15   Link #2012
aw454wtr

Is there any classification for Angels that become far stronger than seraph class? super angel??
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 23:40   Link #2013
sbh1fr

lol. this escalated fast.
anyway. i think from that quote from ex. it clearly imply that ise and vali arent counted among those 6.
cuz he could easely have said "and my father" or "and vali sama". but he didnt....
the kids were clearly close to vali since he helped trained them.

issei probably "dragon god class" since he is chichiryushintei now

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2017-12-27 at 23:55.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 00:09   Link #2014
Lucidrago

By your logic Baalberith shouldn't be a Super Devil?

Super Devil: Devil that has surpassed the bounds of devils.

Issei's a devil. No one's denying that. Issei will be far beyond Maou-class in strength. No one's denying that. So Issei would be a Super Devil.

Now here's the problem. Stop assuming just because Issei and Vali are being called Super Devils mean they can't belong to other categories. When people say that Issei and Vali are Super Devils, no one is saying they aren't the ' Two Heavenly Dragons.' And as you know you can be both a dragon AND a devil. Whether you're a real flesh-and-blood dragon like Tannin. Or a dragon Sacred Gear possessor like Vali or Saji. And then dragons can be reincarnated into devils.

So Super Devil is just another classification for Issei and Vali. Nothing more.
Old 2017-12-28, 01:50   Link #2015
B214

No one is saying Ise isn't a Devil. Just saying that Ise and Vali may not be grouped together in the list of Super Devils mention in EX.
Old 2017-12-28, 10:19   Link #2016
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Look at this quote from Volume 21, Life "Report".

Quote:
In the human world, Trihexa and the Evil Dragons left behind a tremendous impact, as well as the irregular, supernatural presences which fought against them; all of them were recorded by the media, and it triggered an enormous and controversial debate between humans. And so, this battle left behind an inerasable scar on both the human world, and the supernatural worlds. However, in this campaign, a new hope was also born. Two future Super Devil candidates appeared on the Devil’s side. They were the ones known within the history of the Two Heavenly Dragons as the rare talents [Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star] Vali Lucifer and [Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth][1] Hyoudou Issei—.
Ise and Vali are already considered Super Devil candidates, and in the future they already meet the requirements for being Super Devils. And "Super Devil" doesn't have an upper limit to it either, it really just goes from above Maou-class to infinity.

And yes, it actually is possible that Ishibumi changed his mind about the number of Super Devils in the future. He may have thought of Balbelis and Verine after he wrote EX.
Old 2017-12-28, 11:17   Link #2017
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Look at this quote from Volume 21, Life "Report".

Ise and Vali are already considered Super Devil candidates, and in the future they already meet the requirements for being Super Devils. And "Super Devil" doesn't have an upper limit to it either, it really just goes from above Maou-class to infinity.

And yes, it actually is possible that Ishibumi changed his mind about the number of Super Devils in the future. He may have thought of Balbelis and Verine after he wrote EX.
That or those super devils will be killed off screen in the battle against UL`s. We can`t outright this possibility as well
Old 2017-12-28, 11:57   Link #2018
Lucidrago

Like I said EX shouldn't really be used as such a strict interpretation of the future.
Old 2017-12-28, 12:07   Link #2019
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Probably so. Unless it's stated or shown to be the same as EX in the main story, anything can be made to be different (and Ishibumi already said that we can still go on reading the main story without having to worry about EX and that we don't have to read it). I think the only things that will definitely be the same are Ise's fully Dragonified form (as well as how much power it'll have in its completed version) and the number of children he has in the future and who each of their respective mothers are.
Old 2017-12-28, 12:17   Link #2020
godz

a question, does anyone know if the matter of thanatos happened before or after the game of vali vs rias?
since I would like to know if issei was watching the duel of both.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote