AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 01:35   Link #2001
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.
Yeah, that one.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:02   Link #2002
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.

About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:55   Link #2003
astranagun

Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 11:09   Link #2004
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.

About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.
i believe is the amount of GN particles that the sword has i bet it can change so it will consume less amount of GN particles depending of the movement or maybe the use that is being given

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?
i bet they have Gn condensers as they bits also have fire power
Old 2009-01-06, 11:58   Link #2005
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.
? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.
Old 2009-01-06, 15:06   Link #2006
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.
It did block it though, just by using the other side reverse of the blade. I would admit, I got the slicing part wrong, so thanks for clarifying.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:06   Link #2007
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.

I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.
Old 2009-01-07, 00:22   Link #2008
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 02:07   Link #2009
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.

Depending of the GN particles output of the Gundam/Mobile suit the Beam sabers can be cuut or cut.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 03:00   Link #2010
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 03:20   Link #2011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.
Old 2009-01-07, 03:35   Link #2012
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.
Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.

But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.
Old 2009-01-07, 04:05   Link #2013
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.
I completely disagree.

That is clearly not a normal length beam saber. The physical sword already cut into the beam.
Old 2009-01-07, 04:08   Link #2014
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:16   Link #2015
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short
No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.
Old 2009-01-07, 04:17   Link #2016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.

But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.
Oh, you CAN use them. It's just that CB decided the standard beam sabers be treated as back-up weapons only. They don't want to use them all the time because they could fail unexpectedly; like how the 00 Gundam could fall out of the sky at unpredictable times without the 0-Raiser.
Old 2009-01-07, 04:40   Link #2017
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.
Ah i see thanks, guess this one of 00's one-moment-animation-and-gone-in-the-next-moment,i always hate it when they do that.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 06:02   Link #2018
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Not sure if this has been posted yet (kudos to the peeps at mahq for finding it in the first place), but some person spent a certain amount of time studying the concept of orbital elevators
Spoiler for future event hinted at by Mizushima:
Old 2009-01-07, 07:06   Link #2019
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Spoiler for 00 Spoilers:

By the way,considerong that space is mostly vacuume,aren't all the space batle we have suppose to be almost soundless?

Or sound was added for the benifit of excitement for the audience?
Old 2009-01-07, 07:10   Link #2020
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I don't think there is any need to "dramatize" anything if the Elevator fails.

The loss of ALL ENERGY ON EARTH would immediately cause a Mad Max scenario. The only nations who would not be affected by it would be, ironically, in the Middle East, as they haven't got any energy supply from the Elevator to begin with.

It would not take more than a week for the rioting to start, a month for the crime spree, and 2 months for the mass starvation.

Compare to that, a colony-drop is nothing.