Fjoergyn

masterpiece

Hina is a candidate to die because this is homodachi
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:22   Link #2002
lightnovelfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I hope they don't kill her cuz you know... Sunrise likes to kill waifus, or is it just certain writer?
from what I read, the studio responsible for buddy complex is also the one who made gundam build fighter, not the studio which made ValCrap, so hopefully they will make a happy ending, most notably a wedding which I believe will satisfy everyone, plus they probably wont make that ValCrap ending since it received plenty of criticism and negative review.
So if really a major character death will occur then they may take Bizon

BTW Aoba and Hina FTW
lightnovelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:26   Link #2003
lightnovelfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
masterpiece

Hina is a candidate to die because this is homodachi
Nooooooooo !!!! PLease take Bizon instead
lightnovelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:33   Link #2004
Red Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I hope they don't kill her cuz you know... Sunrise likes to kill waifus, or is it just certain writer?
Just the writer. There are plenty sunrise's shows with happy ending lol.
Red Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:45   Link #2005
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure how I should feel about the end of the series.
It isn't like it would hurt if they made the loop cycling properly (as in, after Hina chase after Bizon, she later comes back from the same wormhole from Aoba's present).
It leads to obvious paradox such like the hairpin, but it also makes you wonder what the hell happened to the original Hina who disappeared after Aoba was sent to the future. And really, it doesn't make sense for "original hina" to be sent back to the future as a CHILD, assuming Aoba's clairvoyance is correct.

In any case, the series suffered a bit too much from its leisure pacing. It was obvious from the get go it will have a second cour, but even with that in mind, we barely had anything relevant to the conflict between Zogilia and the confederation.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-03-30 at 14:57.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:49   Link #2006
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnovelfan View Post
from what I read, the studio responsible for buddy complex is also the one who made gundam build fighter, not the studio which made ValCrap, so hopefully they will make a happy ending, most notably a wedding which I believe will satisfy everyone, plus they probably wont make that ValCrap ending since it received plenty of criticism and negative review.
So if really a major character death will occur then they may take Bizon

BTW Aoba and Hina FTW
The studio that is doing Build Fighters is a different Sunrise studio then from the one doing Buddy Complex. We are not going to be seeing the second cour anytime soon because now they are going to be focusing on Love Live which is coming out next week.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:16   Link #2007
mikethepokemaster

From what i read the final episode was way better than valvrave glad Hina got a happy ending for season 1, Bizon on the other hand sorry bro you were going to lose from the start. Mayu i feel sorry for her but hopefully she will find a new love.
mikethepokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:30   Link #2008
Enternal

Yep! Glad that Hina and Aoba got the happy ending now! Not only that, Dio is such a bro too! Happy ending for all 3?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
From what i read the final episode was way better than valvrave glad Hina got a happy ending for season 1, Bizon on the other hand sorry bro you were going to lose from the start. Mayu i feel sorry for her but hopefully she will find a new love.
Ahem... for some reason I wanted to say Mayu x Dio for whatever reason.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:37   Link #2009
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
If that is so I am amazed Aoba survived being born. Guess Bizon doesn't want to preemptively kill Aoba, he wants Aoba to know why he is being killed.
I just watched Old Boy a few days ago and I can definitely see how death would be a blessing compared the alternatives.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:46   Link #2010
BW95
Banned

Wonder by the old Bizon didn't do anything to keep Hina or inform his younger self.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:54   Link #2011
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Wonder by the old Bizon didn't do anything to keep Hina or inform his younger self.
Probably doesn't want to chance it in case it negates his existence.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:57   Link #2012
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
That's a question I been wondering about as well. He could of had prevented his younger self suffering if he did something to interfere on what was going on regarding him and Hina. Yet he chose to do nothing but watch the whole time. If he already knew the events of what was going to happen regarding his younger self he could easily had made a plan to kill Aoba and his Crew. That would succeed easily succeed.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 16:12   Link #2013
Kusaja

Honestly, the show has been so comparatively safe and lighthearted that anyone who didn't already expect a mostly happy ending was probably barking up the wrong tree. It was entirely predictable that things would turn out this way. This is the sort of series where death is going to be heavily restricted.

They could eventually kill someone important, but don't expect a high body count nor a downer ending, because the atmosphere isn't dark enough for it.

Comparisons to Valvrave have never made sense. That show was crazier and also darker from the start. Neither would comparing Buddy Complex to any regular Gundam production despite the numerous superficial elements being recycled.

This isn't really a series focused on showing the horrors of war, which was the reason why we saw lots of characters die in Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Victory Gundam and even Gundam SEED as well as Gundam 00, among others. There is indeed a war going on here, but the stakes aren't really supposed to be that high at the moment. It's a more personal and arguably uplifting type of narrative.

In the end, I will say that watching Buddy Complex has been nice. Nothing truly special, but I guess it has a sense of "feel good" that's enjoyable in its own right.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 16:30   Link #2014
Key Board
Carbon

I must say
Bizon is a really funny character
gotta appreciate his tenacity and his failure
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 17:02   Link #2015
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Avoided watching raws, did my best all day to avoid spoilers and reading comments here, then I see this on ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-be-continued

Well I'll be damned. But damn it ANN, you spoil the surprise for me!

Get hype. See you guys Mon. after subs. release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Spaghetti Hina in second season - can't wait.

This drawing made me smile like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I must say
Bizon is a really funny character
gotta appreciate his tenacity and his failure
He makes the show amusing in his own way though. haha
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 17:39   Link #2016
jordantenney56

Aoba preventing hina from entering that time tunnel totally sense to what type of person he actually is and he did not want hina to experience all that suffering and misery just to save him. Yet hina was going to anyway. Its pretty safe to say in that previous loop the coupling between skynight and firebrand failed leading to not sharing memories. This show isnt relying on time paradoxes but rather small leaps in time. As for bizon hes a nutcase and was oblivious to see how much she suffered in his grudge against Aoba.
I figure the story of the basketball bro story and the merciless bastard side to him made sense and werent wasted bits of dialogue he didnt hesitate to shoot bizon to prevent him going after him in the past and he also didnt hesitate to save hina in that time tunnel.
What was really interesting to hina was compatible to aoba with the coupling system and because of the nectar cannon fired on hina and aoba it distorted time and caused a singularity. By dio allowing aoba to go after hina changed fate but also bizon and created another timeline in which he found zogillia for the sole purpose of killing Aoba which mean his hate for him is basically timeless anyway and this a amazing way to wrap this season

Last edited by jordantenney56; 2014-03-30 at 18:01.
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 17:56   Link #2017
LUCIF3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantenney56 View Post
More like unrequited love lmao
This.
Don't know why some are saying Bizon got NTR'd.
LUCIF3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:07   Link #2018
jordantenney56

Someone called this this episode netorare complex on another forum lmao i agree it isnt ntr
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:11   Link #2019
Sakuratsuki

You can call it NTR but it's all in the mind of Bizon . So in reallity Hina didn't even saw him as a possible love interest.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:14   Link #2020
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
You can call it NTR but it's all in the mind of Bizon . So in reallity Hina didn't even saw him as a possible love interest.
Only maybe because Aoba existed, who know what may happened to Hina and Bizon had Aoba not existed in this timeline.

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel