AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 07:29   Link #2001
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

NT9 is really good. Maybe the best so far, even exceeding WW3 and NT6 (those are my favorites) in my opinion. And those foreshadowings are killing me...I'm excited for NT10.

And Othinus is really harsh for making Touma cry a lot, even after she restored his world (Touma almost cried looking for her). Also, I would love to see Will again.

I also loved how Kamachi used RPG references in Touma's fight. It's cool. I'm kinda expecting Touma to at least have improved (even a little bit) not just mentally and emotionally, but also physically in his fights because of all those EXP that he received. He should at least level up right?
And kung fu master Touma me want.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:29   Link #2002
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Touma is scary, Othinus is scary. Even though Railgun manga 67 already out and showed scary Mikoto. I think I will be more scared to the former 2
raijinkoto isn't scary. Since vol 16. broken is a norm.

double jesus aqua will probably frown at her and think "are you doing anything?"
Old 2014-01-29, 07:35   Link #2003
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
mars.... I won't be surprised if Aleister has a base there. He did have a rocket ship base.

hmmm...... nice volume. Worth the read. Worth reading NT 8 just to read NT 9.

hmmm hmmm hmmm...... sigh............................. final verdict

10,031^ 10,031/10

The illustrations had already been uploaded in korean sites. they even have colored versions but its not my language to find it there.
Lol isn't that score a little too high even if it was that good
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:37   Link #2004
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

Quote:
raijinkoto isn't scary. Since vol 16. broken is a norm.

double jesus aqua will probably frown at her and think "are you doing anything?"
Then again, Saint Destroyer was a lightning based tech. If Mikoto's lucky, she might be able to mimic the effects
It's a case of a bad match up
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:43   Link #2005
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
The illustrations had already been uploaded in korean sites. they even have colored versions but its not my language to find it there.
Are the illustrations in baka-tsuki is still incomplete? Or its just a matter of quality?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:51   Link #2006
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theroryu View Post
Then again, Saint Destroyer was a lightning based tech. If Mikoto's lucky, she might be able to mimic the effects
Still can't use magic without blood fountaining.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:05   Link #2007
desrtsku
Nympholept

I loved this volume a whole lot.
It broke the records of previous volumes in term of powerlevel, suffering and understanding.
And I especially loved how Kamachi broke down and reconstructed Touma's character. How to put it? He's gone through real deal suffering, smelled her scent every now and then, didn't do random half arsed preaching to reach his opponent (actually spent years preparing it), fists before words, fought the same opponent billion times without winning even once but still went out like a man. Plus dat ending.
This volume made the guy hundred times more likeable than before.

It has a kinda strong full circle feel in it too. Both Touma and Othinus experienced countless hells of alienation, suffering and hatred in billions of different worlds. And now there's a possibility of them being alienated and hated in this one as well.
But this time, at least, they have someone else to share this suffering with. Kyyyaaaaaahhhh!!!!
Old 2014-01-29, 08:07   Link #2008
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I loved this volume a whole lot.
It broke the records of previous volumes in term of powerlevel, suffering and understanding.
And I especially loved how Kamachi broke down and reconstructed Touma's character. How to put it? He's gone through real deal suffering, smelled her scent every now and then, didn't do random half arsed preaching to reach his opponent (actually spent years preparing it), fists before words, fought the same opponent billion times without winning even once but still went out like a man. Plus dat ending.
This volume made the guy hundred times more likeable than before.

It has a kinda strong full circle feel in it too. Both Touma and Othinus experienced countless hells of alienation, suffering and hatred in billions of different worlds. And now there's a possibility of them being alienated and hated in this one as well.
But this time, at least, they have someone else to share this suffering with. Kyyyaaaaaahhhh!!!!
Ah! You meant Will :3

Speaking of which, yeah too many scent lately. What Kamachi tried to imply anyway XD

speaking of which, Js-bro seems shipping OTP too :3
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:12   Link #2009
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ He has nice taste, can't blame the guy.
Old 2014-01-29, 08:15   Link #2010
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ He has nice taste, can't blame the guy.
True. Oh well, the ending at Chapter 8 part 8 is kinda ... Make me felt sorry for Othinus.

I kinda pissed off since she's the one who torture Touma. Yet ... I dunno how, I just feel sorry for her. Damn, Kamachi sure is good at manipulating our heart.

Quote:
He no longer felt any pain. His organs had been destroyed and even his heart had been taken. It was strange that he was even conscious. He had heard cruel rumors of criminals’ heads blinking after being decapitated by a guillotine or people complaining to witnesses after being torn to pieces when hit by a train. However, he had never imagined he would one day test it out himself.
Well at least he felt it once. Kinda scary I say
Old 2014-01-29, 08:20   Link #2011
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theroryu View Post
Lightning? it just looks like lightning but its not.

If I remember it right. Its a spell that makes the telesma inside the saint explode which why its dubbed a saint destroyer. the stronger the concentration of telesma inside the body of the saint the greater is the damage which means A LOT of damage for Double Jesus Aqua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol isn't that score a little too high even if it was that good
No, its not!

This scene screams!!!!

Quote:
Now, fight.
Clench your right fist to protect the life and smile of a single girl.
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

squeal like a stupid fan girl/boy
Old 2014-01-29, 08:29   Link #2012
entei08

I got nothing, this volume was a blast!!

NT10 cannot come quickly enough
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:31   Link #2013
WiliamZ0

Quote:

All ships are sinking lol
Old 2014-01-29, 08:32   Link #2014
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Haha, fuckin called it.
It's refering to her human failings....not that she was once human. Her wielding the phase of Norse myth does not allow her to become truly perfect, that's all.

Everything about her origins in the narrations is hazy.
Old 2014-01-29, 08:32   Link #2015
tsunade666

Quote:
abandon ship! abandon ship!!
Old 2014-01-29, 08:37   Link #2016
WiliamZ0

Quote:
It not like the ship won't survive But, can Kamachi even make 'the battleship' larger than this
Old 2014-01-29, 08:41   Link #2017
entei08

Quote:

If I remember it right. Its a spell that makes the telesma inside the saint explode which why its dubbed a saint destroyer. the stronger the concentration of telesma inside the body of the saint the greater is the damage which means A LOT of damage for Double Jesus Aqua.
Wasn't it worse for Aqua because he needs to keep both the Divine Mother and saint powers in balance? It was said that Saint Destroyer can only temporarily immobilize normal saints for a few seconds. For Aqua once the delicate balance is lost his powers went out of control. Makes me wonder if Brunhild getting hit with Saint Destroyer would have the same effect
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:49   Link #2018
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ It's more simple than that actually. At least it is from how I understand it, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Actually it really was lightning. But that's not the important part, you need a spear and something that looks like a crux to cast Saint destroyer.

Quote:
Not really ... not at all, actually. It's a spell that damages the parts of one's body that are similar to the Son of God by mimicking his crucifixion.
Acqua is born with a body similar to the Son of God, allowing him to use the power of a Saint. In addition, his body is also similar to the Son of God's his mother, which allows him to use Divine Mother's mercy.
And, you know a mother's body has great similarities to his son's. Which means his body is composed of more parts akin to the Son of God (parts akin to the Son of God's own body + the ones more akin his mother's) than any other Saint. You can say he has a higher degree of Kinship for short, which is why it hurts him more.
Old 2014-01-29, 08:53   Link #2019
Sacredus

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It not like the ship won't survive But, can Kamachi even make 'the battleship' larger than this
So Touma x Othinus is battlecruiser that sunked all other ships? Or I missed something? Anyway I really need to catch up with novel now...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 09:00   Link #2020
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
So Touma x Othinus is battlecruiser that sunked all other ships? Or I missed something? Anyway I really need to catch up with novel now...
Spoiler for Sargasso, the "ship" graveyard:

Well, that is expected when you are on a "ship" graveyard. Other "ships" have already sank there at Sargasso.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite hell