AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 04:37   Link #20321
Appel

wow... in terms of details thats probably worse than a bandai no grade kit^^ now i can see why you would want to have them painted.
if i were you id just go with a gundam ;D
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 12:01   Link #20322
JC...
I am a Pie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJPw...&feature=feedu

Europe gunpla cup, sponsored by HLJ! Click the link to find out more and go to Mecha Arts Community forum for more details!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 06:45   Link #20323
Appel

done!

for a change i also threw on all the decals and seals that came with it because they do look pretty cool and it wasnt that many in the first place.
also wing gundam EW next to it for a small size comparision^^ this thing is REALLY big. not as big as i thought it would be but for a master grade its pretty massive
Old 2011-04-20, 06:48   Link #20324
JC...
I am a Pie

I want that. Core fighter too! Have you read Sentinel? I'm in the process of reading it, Ex-S hasn't shown up yet though...
Old 2011-04-20, 06:56   Link #20325
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I want that. Core fighter too! Have you read Sentinel? I'm in the process of reading it, Ex-S hasn't shown up yet though...
nope, havent read it. but yeah, its awesome and worth every cent or yen or penny or what ever you have^^
and i love that they give you that small core fighter to plug onto the stand! that looks so cool
Old 2011-04-20, 07:02   Link #20326
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
@ appel: no panel lining for yr kits?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 07:04   Link #20327
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
this thing is REALLY big. not as big as i thought it would be but for a master grade its pretty massive

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 07:20   Link #20328
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
@ appel: no panel lining for yr kits?
i do panel line them but on the ex-s its just not very visible on the front. most pieces that i lined turned out to be hidden somewhere under more armor parts >_>
on the previous page you can see my wing up close. even though i hate that picture because i forgot one line on the knee :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
[g-system photos]
yeah, ive seen those photos^^ but that thing would cost me about $3000 including shipping :P

oh by the way, on the stand EX-S is just as tall as my PG astray.
Old 2011-04-20, 07:55   Link #20329
JC...
I am a Pie

How sturdy is the MG EX-S?
Old 2011-04-20, 08:22   Link #20330
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
How sturdy is the MG EX-S?
very sturdy actually. but thats not really a big surprise because you use about 15 or so screws while building it^^
the joints are stiff enough to hold all poses but also smooth enough to pose the limbs easily. only the big propellant tanks are pretty lose because they are just on polycaps. but other than that nothing pops off or falls down.
the only problem is that it is so very overloaded with stuff which makes posing kinda difficult.
Old 2011-04-20, 13:14   Link #20331
GameraBaenre

ThoseGundam Guys.org

Just want to introduce another link for tutorials:

http://thosegundamguys.org/

It's a group of modelers in Southern California that gather to build, mostly gunpla. The site is an information site with tutorials and information about upcoming contest and model build gatherings

Also, for all you Southern California or folks close enough to Southern California, ThoseGundamGuys are presenting a Gundam Model Contest set for Saturday November 12, 2011 in Fullerton California. More details here: http://thosegundamguys.org/southern-...l-competition/
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 18:21   Link #20332
optics

I think I'm on the verge of selling my PG Astray. Its built so I don't know if it will sell. It has bonus parts, as well as a bunch of stuff that I didn't build for it like the shield, rifle, and stand for katanas.

http://i54.tinypic.com/242wf7m.jpg

My issue though is the price the kits are going for that aren't built. An unbuilt one looks to go as low as $220. I got the kit for $250(?) when it was first released. I'd really like to get some extra money for the hours put into it.... IDK...
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 04:21   Link #20333
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
I think I'm on the verge of selling my PG Astray. Its built so I don't know if it will sell. It has bonus parts, as well as a bunch of stuff that I didn't build for it like the shield, rifle, and stand for katanas.

http://i54.tinypic.com/242wf7m.jpg

My issue though is the price the kits are going for that aren't built. An unbuilt one looks to go as low as $220. I got the kit for $250(?) when it was first released. I'd really like to get some extra money for the hours put into it.... IDK...
Why do you even want to sell it? That piece of awesome should be the crown of your collection, or close to it, right? And it's even the initial production version, so gone is gone...
Old 2011-04-21, 05:56   Link #20334
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Why do you even want to sell it? That piece of awesome should be the crown of your collection, or close to it, right? And it's even the initial production version, so gone is gone...
i agree. i love my PG astray and would never give it away^^ and mine isnt even the initial production version with the bonus parts!
Old 2011-04-21, 06:00   Link #20335
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I just need some money. I like the way I mixed the clear parts for it, but other than that, thats the only thing I like about it right now. Honestly, I'd like it more if it had a stand though. The only reason why I have it displayed is because I spent alot of time and money on it.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 08:38   Link #20336
Akyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

The 2nd photo's in HK I think? I think that's 1/35 scale? It was awesome though!
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 09:46   Link #20337
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Tamashii OOQ Quantum Burst for September. Limited or Mass Market release unknowned.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 16:16   Link #20338
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

They're exclusives from the blogs I've seen it mentioned at. I don't think Bandai would make that a mass release.

And if they do, I'm gonna be pissed off.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-04-22 at 04:25.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 23:58   Link #20339
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
whats better MG Exia OR Exia Ignition Mode? Can one make the ignition gimmick in normal mg exia?
Old 2011-04-22, 00:09   Link #20340
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
whats better MG Exia OR Exia Ignition Mode? Can one make the ignition gimmick in normal mg exia?
The MG Exia in both the standard and Ignition mode are identical, thus if you already have an MG Exia, you can use the Exia Repair parts on one of them. And of course, the Ignition Mode has two LED's you can use for the Exia itself, or for the MG 00 Qan[T] and the upcoming MG 00 Raiser.

If you don't care much for such gimmicks though, then stick to the standard one.

Edit:

HGUC GM III announced:

And for those who were anxious about the MG Epyon's "lack" of beam sword...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-04-22 at 00:40.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy