Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 02:11   Link #2041
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I accept that.

Hayato and Yukino Studied in the U.S? I missed that. Entirely.

Can you elaborate or show me where I can read more? I wonder if they studied together or anything like that. Hmm.
Well, I'm not 100% certain about that. Yukino really had studied abroad for some time (ep.3, she says it herself). Info about US was somewhere in the spoiler synopsis on MAL, so I'm not sure here. Hayato COULD (I said that in my post) have been sent abroad to study the same way-- his family has about the same social status as Yukino's. Though, again, it's a wild guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Funny how we began arguing about a fashion accessory. We went off_topic a little bit but it is nice to know that we pay attention to the very little details about the series.
While we're on the subject...

I rewatched Ep.4 recently, and something about Hikki's flashback caught my eye... Oh, right. Properly buttoned shirt and tie. NEver ever seen it on him before or after.

Quote:
I wonder why Orimoto said "I see" and checked out the girls? It might have been jealousy and by confirming that the girls were high quality ones(sorry for this expression but couldn't express it otherwise) she forcefully admited that Hachiman had changed.
Probably.

Quote:
The other thing still bothering me is Haruno's referring at Yukino that she resembles her mother. I think that is reverse psychology as Yukino does not love her mum, and this way Haruno influences her to take other routes in solving different situations, so she will not resemble her in the future.
I still insist that "you're like your mother, always hiding behind" was just a groundless provocation. Sure, Yukino technically never had the solution to the club's cases(it always was Hikki), but saying that she only hides behind people's backs is a bit of a stretch. She offered the ideas and advice, she implemented them herself or at least helped, she probably could find solutions if Hikki hadn't been faster. Haruno should know this. Saying Yukino's just like mother is also part of it, since it's the last thing Yukino would ever want.

[QUOTE=king12354;5066308]What exactly was Hayama trying to do? Is he just trying to teach Hikigaya not to victimize himself by being blunt to those two girls and hurting his image? There seems to be more depth to Hayama than meets the eye but I don't understand where he is going with this.

Quote:
And why is Haruno part of this scheme as well?
Because that's most probably her scheme, not Hayama's.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 07:10   Link #2042
Tenzen12

I though originaly it was her scheme too, but now it looks like Hayato was so desperate help Hikki he made deal with devil (Hachiman himself said he wouldn't go otherwise afterall)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-04-02 at 08:56.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 23:02   Link #2043
csuree
The Most Hated™

Interesting to see Hayama who usually avoids doing anything that might ruin his image actually doing something. Probably this was the reason why he said that he hated it(because his image in the eyes of Orimoto and her friend was shattered).

But even so we have to commend him because at least he tries, not just sits back and "enjoys" it like last 2 times when 8man took the fallout damage by himself. Hikki might argue that he is not a victim but the bad feeling that is with him is telling him that Hayama is right about what he said about him.

These development might go further when Hayama will try to involve the volunteer club's girls ina more active way to help him. I think that will be the time Yui will confess to him. Until then we just have to endure.

I also hypothesise tha because of the student council election Shizuka will have a more significant role this time.
Old 2014-04-02, 23:39   Link #2044
Alvendra

Quote:
Interesting to see Hayama who usually avoids doing anything that might ruin his image actually doing something. Probably this was the reason why he said that he hated it(because his image in the eyes of Orimoto and her friend was shattered).

But even so we have to commend him because at least he tries, not just sits back and "enjoys" it like last 2 times when 8man took the fallout damage by himself. Hikki might argue that he is not a victim but the bad feeling that is with him is telling him that Hayama is right about what he said about him.

These development might go further when Hayama will try to involve the volunteer club's girls ina more active way to help him. I think that will be the time Yui will confess to him. Until then we just have to endure.

I also hypothesise tha because of the student council election Shizuka will have a more significant role this time.
Yui will confess his feeling for ?? who?
Alvendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:16   Link #2045
anonfr

Quote:

I think it's really interesting that Hayama's close friends happened to observe him on a double date with Hikki and 2 strange girls. I feel like that's interesting. His friends are going to talk about that. I wonder what social impact that will have.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:40   Link #2046
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
I doubt Ebina will say anything (doesn't she usually just listen to the conversations and nods instead of being a true part of them?), and Miura aparently didn't even noticed him
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:48   Link #2047
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
^
I doubt Ebina will say anything (doesn't she usually just listen to the conversations and nods instead of being a true part of them?), and Miura aparently didn't even noticed him
I thought Miura noticed him.

There's also Tobe and Isshiki.

Tobe at least seems like a talkative one.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:33   Link #2048
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
I thought Miura noticed him.
Hikkio probably didn't even registered with Miura after all she should be in shock due to Hayama's affair . Tobe might register his existence a little since he at least has a concept of him + he might have noticed Isshiki striding to his side.... and It could be funny if he has some misunderstanding about Isshiki liking him and being jealous.

I doubt this will ever be touched upon, though. Also, I doubt Tobe's long term memory capacity
Old 2014-04-03, 01:37   Link #2049
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvendra View Post
Yui will confess his feeling for ?? who?
Please you got to be kidding. We know since volume 3 that Yui has feelings for 8man.

Also Hayama has no affair, as he is not dating anybody. This will more likely fire up Yumiko to be on the offensive. The other thing is it would be a real shock iif Miura would ask for the help of Hikki with her relationship with Hayama.
Also Miura is llike Hayama, perceptive so she might know that Hikki is not a bad person only his social status is low.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:43   Link #2050
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Hikkio probably didn't even registered with Miura after all she should be in shock due to Hayama's affair . Tobe might register his existence a little since he at least has a concept of him + he might have noticed Isshiki striding to his side.... and It could be funny if he has some misunderstanding about Isshiki liking him and being jealous.

I doubt this will ever be touched upon, though. Also, I doubt Tobe's long term memory capacity
ahaha you're probably right. I just think it would be interesting if it was touched upon. Like Hikki actually got some sort of good press for once by being on a double date with Hayama and 2 girls.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:51   Link #2051
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Also Hayama has no affair, as he is not dating anybody. This will more likely fire up Yumiko to be on the offensive. The other thing is it would be a real shock iif Miura would ask for the help of Hikki with her relationship with Hayama.
Also Miura is llike Hayama, perceptive so she might know that Hikki is not a bad person only his social status is low.
From what we have seen of Miura, it's really likely she considers the two of them as already dating, so yeah, Hayama is having an "affair" and about Hikki, I doubt it, she's a stereotypical socialite with some self esteem issues, her world probably starts and end with her and nobody else
Quote:
ahaha you're probably right. I just think it would be interesting if it was touched upon. Like Hikki actually got some sort of good press for once by being on a double date with Hayama and 2 girls.
It's quite likely the people in his class would find a way to make that a bad thing for Hikki (read, he's Hayama's charity work), he's public enemy no. 1 after all
Old 2014-04-03, 02:15   Link #2052
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
From what we have seen of Miura, it's really likely she considers the two of them as already dating, so yeah, Hayama is having an "affair" and about Hikki, I doubt it, she's a stereotypical socialite with some self esteem issues, her world probably starts and end with her and nobody else
Miura has been stated as been understanding and somewhat kind but only in some aspects (has Hikkio has stated, she has the perspective of a queen). She has moments where she has been senible and a cool sis on her own way.... like when Yui looked like she wanted to talk with Hikki, and gave them some time alone, or when she defended Yui from being tossed the responsability that Sagami eventually took at the school festival; or when she defended Ebina from the pair up attempts, there are probably more. Of course she has rough spots, but that's that.

edit : Also, I had her figured as the "purple" type, definitely not pink

Pretty much nobody here is one dimentional.
Old 2014-04-03, 03:41   Link #2053
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
It's quite likely the people in his class would find a way to make that a bad thing for Hikki (read, he's Hayama's charity work), he's public enemy no. 1 after all
Not anymore. People in his class basically forgot about him again around Volume 7. Can't say the same about people in Yukino's class, though.
Old 2014-04-03, 04:10   Link #2054
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well they can make it bad for Hikki. Like how much did he pay to Hayato and the girls to go on a date. There are some possibilities to make it bad for him, just think about it from the perspective of a bully. But I doubt they will do that. They will most likely never hear about it.

Also Miura. I think what she is is just a disguise, a mask which she hides behind.
Old 2014-04-03, 04:51   Link #2055
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Well they can make it bad for Hikki. Like how much did he pay to Hayato and the girls to go on a date. There are some possibilities to make it bad for him, just think about it from the perspective of a bully. But I doubt they will do that. They will most likely never hear about it.
Even if they do, Hikki still has Hayama's protection. If only out of guilt.

Quote:
Also Miura. I think what she is is just a disguise, a mask which she hides behind.
Or maybe she is your generic high school queen, just with several good points about her. People are complex like that, you know.
Old 2014-04-03, 04:52   Link #2056
Tenzen12

I doubt so she, so far she shown two sides of her, but both of these sides are somehow complementary. I think people might misunderstand her character quite easy, but that doesn't means she hidding her real personality.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 11:24   Link #2057
csuree
The Most Hated™

New chapter update on BT. My phone just notified me.
Many thanks to the translators. >ω<
Old 2014-04-03, 12:29   Link #2058
Heat066

Quote:
New chapter update on BT. My phone just notified me.
Many thanks to the translators. >ω<
My God an entire chapter just like that!?

Props to Spyro for the quick pace!
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 13:02   Link #2059
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It's nice to see Hikki struggling to understand why exactly is that he has a problem with Yukino becoming student council president, and apparently, Yui's words opened his eyes...
Btw, Miura couldn't bring herself to actually say anything to Hayama besides "Friday" before Ebina changed the subject
Old 2014-04-03, 13:30   Link #2060
csuree
The Most Hated™

Hmm. Don't really know what to say here. He started to feel the efforts of the girls, and the seriousness of their decisions. But this situation creates something that he knows neither girl would want, but because of the request they will lose the club, no matter who wins.

Ohh. I think I heard the Hachiman self-destroy bomb just started ticking. Meaning, I presume Hikki will do something reckless again for the sake of the club and the request. If he just thinks of the request, then he is repeating the same thing as in the past volumes. Now knowing the girls' determination, he will take that into account and prevent the "disbanding" of the club. If he would do that, it would be a step forward as he would take other people's feelings into account. But thjs positive side would quickly be negated by his sacrifice. So he gets nowhere but at least he'd solve 2 problems at once.

The thing is the story has gotten to the point, that this is only a speculation based on what I'd do if I were Hachiman.

The double date seriously started a chain of events that will have a great impact later on. I'd say it was a key moment in the progression of the series.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck