AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-07-01, 13:33   Link #2041
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
It makes me think, how are they going to release this episode, just one episode on DVD, plus perhaps a lot of extras?
Hopefully they will license the movie too, and put the OVA on same DVD as extra.
IIRC several months ago there was discussion on the AnimeOnDVD forums w/ a Geneon rep about possibly getting the Shana-tan and Hecate-tan extras; I believe they were magazine-insert exclusives and acquiring them involved all sorts of new complications. I don't recall how that turned out though, so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

The announcement also specifically compared it's treatment to the Mahoromatic OVA. I checked around and the disc-only version is half-priced compared to the regular DVDs, while the DVD + box (+ figure) is $5-$10 more than regular price, so I think that will be close. Maybe we'll get a Shana figure as extra, or they'll drop the DVD + box price down to that of the regular DVDs.

No news on whether Geneon is considering the movie as well, which hasn't even been released on DVD in Japan yet.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 13:48   Link #2042
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
IIRC several months ago there was discussion on the AnimeOnDVD forums w/ a Geneon rep about possibly getting the Shana-tan and Hecate-tan extras; I believe they were magazine-insert exclusives and acquiring them involved all sorts of new complications. I don't recall how that turned out though, so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.
The two Shana-tan segments will be on DVD 6 of the TV Series, but the Hecate-tan extra was a seperate thing (not part of the DVD release originally -- it came with the anime fanbook), so that's not included for now. Maybe they'll get it later.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 06:28   Link #2043
thedudegal

hey don't talk about my classmate like that , orawani destiny! shana lim's my best friend!
thedudegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 09:29   Link #2044
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudegal View Post
hey don't talk about my classmate like that , orawani destiny! shana lim's my best friend!
What did I say? Maybe you can find the post again and quote? Perhaps I can explain or apologize if it sounds insulting.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 12:02   Link #2045
Angelic
Feel the Beat

So has anybody seen the movie yet?
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 12:11   Link #2046
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You should check "Shakugan no SHANA movie" Thread (search tool is really handy )
Old 2007-07-17, 15:10   Link #2047
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
I've only recently finished it, and I really liked it a lot. I hope the movie will be as good or even better than the anime de arimasu~

Edit: And Yuji is one of the best male characters I've ever seen. He is not scared, and is actually a lot more mature compared to other main characters. Seriously, I got turned off by Bleach when I watched how great this show is.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 19:09   Link #2048
Jokkera

Yessss!!! season 2
If you think about it they HAD to release another season. just think of this:
--------SPOILER WARNING---------
The mad proffessor lives
Hecate and Metamorphosis got away
Shana and yuji is not together
Wilhelmina is just ...... I dunno, I think theres a story about her we need to discover.
The arbeiter got away to (why dont they just kill them, then wait a while, then kill them again to make sure :-)

Maybe this reasons look screwed up, but its my oppinion and i knew it was coming all the time.
anyway whats this shana-tan episodes about?
and any date we know when to start downloading the new season?
Jokkera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 15:25   Link #2049
alvinkhorfire

I don't understand why Wilhelmina just don't stand a chance against beating Bel Peol in the final episode. Even though her power of existence was sucked by Dantalion's trick, she should have recovered up just like Shana. Anyway, I hope that Shana will be strong enough to defeat Bel Peol soon.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 06:25   Link #2050
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-08-18, 19:16   Link #2051
Toreno
すごい!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is still a way to purchase the Dengeki G's Festival Vol.8 magazine somewhere. You know, the one with the Shana Pillow Cover.
I want that so bad.
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 22:29   Link #2052
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
I was wondering if there is still a way to purchase the Dengeki G's Festival Vol.8 magazine somewhere. You know, the one with the Shana Pillow Cover.
I want that so bad.
I'm assuming you're referring to this one? It seems that they're out of stock, though. I bought mine from Amazon months ago but I think it went out of stock pretty quickly after that.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 01:24   Link #2053
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to this one? It seems that they're out of stock, though. I bought mine from Amazon months ago but I think it went out of stock pretty quickly after that.
No chance I think, right?
Maybe someone at the japanese Amazon Marketplace ships internationally...
You dont wanna sell yours, do you?

Sorry for my bad Engish,
Cheers ^^
Old 2007-08-19, 04:44   Link #2054
Viet

Awesome anime! I can't wait for series 2 to finally air.
Viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 08:36   Link #2055
Devard

Quote:
No chance I think, right?
Maybe someone at the japanese Amazon Marketplace ships internationally...
Actually, Amazon.co.jp does ship internationally for these kinds of things. They don't do it for games (tried buying Xenosaga III from there, didn't work out) and some other items (for example, for whatever reason, they didn't let me buy the AIR movie's Collector's Edition but did for the Special Edition).

Quote:
You dont wanna sell yours, do you?
No, sorry, I'm keeping mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet View Post
Awesome anime! I can't wait for series 2 to finally air.
The season 2 thread is here by the way if you want to join in on the discussion.
Old 2007-08-19, 09:17   Link #2056
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Actually, Amazon.co.jp does ship internationally for these kinds of things. They don't do it for games (tried buying Xenosaga III from there, didn't work out) and some other items (for example, for whatever reason, they didn't let me buy the AIR movie's Collector's Edition but did for the Special Edition).
Aren't that private sellers at the marketplace? Thought they've nothing to do with Amazon...
Old 2007-08-19, 09:49   Link #2057
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Aren't that private sellers at the marketplace? Thought they've nothing to do with Amazon...
Yeah, you'd probably have to go through an agent like Masato or Crescent Shop (etc.) who will order it in Japan on your behalf, and then turn around and ship it to you. And of course they take commission, so that'll increases the cost a bit. On the flipside, though, they'll order just about anything you can find at any Japanese online store, so it is helpful.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 10:43   Link #2058
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, you'd probably have to go through an agent like Masato or Crescent Shop (etc.) who will order it in Japan on your behalf, and then turn around and ship it to you. And of course they take commission, so that'll increases the cost a bit. On the flipside, though, they'll order just about anything you can find at any Japanese online store, so it is helpful.
Ah, thanks, I'll try that.
Old 2007-08-19, 11:22   Link #2059
Devard

Quote:
Ah, sorry, I misinterpreted what you had said. But yeah, you could go through one of those service agents that relentlessflame mentioned. I've never tried those though. My cousin does a similar thing himself (he bids on things at the Japanese Yahoo! Auction site for other people, and I think he does other stuff like Amazon like what I mentioned), so I just go through him instead.
Old 2007-08-24, 12:51   Link #2060
Westlo
Lets be reality

I just finished watching all of Shana season 1 this week and I really enjoyed it, looking forward to watching the second season this coming October.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere