AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-01-15, 22:53   Link #2041
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Akeno noted it herself as a child.
This again
That was 10 year old Akeno talking about her present skills

Quote:
Tobio is also a member of the Himejima but you don't see him having the Himejima ability too.

Many not all, plus Akeno might not even be blessed by the Shinto Gods at all.
Many not some
So still no reason to be absolutely certain on this matter
What Kurenai showed wasn't flame manipulation anyway but summoning Sacred Beasts
We're not sure if he needed to be 'blessed' to be able to do that
And if he did have the blessing despite being a dragon/devil/fallen angel hybrid along with a Himejima then Akeno could be blessed as well
Old 2016-01-15, 23:00   Link #2042
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Cake-Carrot: what if there is a certain factors, qualifications or requirements in getting the said abilities like the said head bless Akeno child "Kurenai "or the said head has pass away so that abilities manifest to Kurenai what do you think about this scenario. ^^?

Last edited by kusabireika; 2016-01-15 at 23:21.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 23:06   Link #2043
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
@Cake-Carrot: what if there is a certain factors qualification and requirement in getting the said abilities like the said head bless Akeno child "Kurenai "or the said head has pass away so that abilities manifest to Kurenai what do you think about this scenario. ^^?
That's certainly possible
Old 2016-01-15, 23:19   Link #2044
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Cake-Carrot: uhm this is the 2 possibilities that I can think off. T_T
Old 2016-01-16, 03:02   Link #2045
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

After reading through the posts and all the chapters of Slash/Dog, I can hypothesize that Kurenai gained the control over the Sacred Beast through Suzaku's blessing/training, very much like @kusa said.

The Fenghuang in this story can be considered a derivative of Suzaku, but not the same being, hence Kurenai did not violate the Himejima primary rule where only those chosen by the family can take control of the Sacred Beast (he is still chosen anyway, i think it's due to his talents and devotion being recognized by the clan).

Also, Azazel and Ex have said that the Five Families have their representatives within the Alliance in the Evil God war, the candidates being the Sacred Beast inheritors (but possibly not the same person as the present DxD timeline since they will be in their late forties/fifties and their roles have changed). Because of this, one plausible premise why Kurenai are able to gain Fenghuang is that he trained/blessed along with the next Himejima Suzaku/his second cousin.

As for Akeno, her purification skill is not something she had at birth. B214 had already quoted that Shuri taught her that. As for her to gain the Himejima powers, nah, so far nothing has indicated that. The "inheritance line skip" that @kusa said plays a factor too and Baraqiel's genes are more dominant in her (well, she masters Holy Lightning rather quickly and later becomes a Grigori Cadre).

@amtro that line? So far Akeno hasn't seen Kurenai in action (Kiba already saw Ex, Zen, and Shin in chapter 5). I think it will be present in the final chapter, when Azazel shifts to Rias' location (or vice versa) and see the other siblings along with their moms in combat.

EDIT: Besides, this spin-off can work as a link/Chekhov's story if Ishi really sets up EX's timeline and characters as a possible setting for a time-skip sequel (rather than direct/immediate one like, say College DxD, which I think plausible but not doable since "local" world enemy power level had already maxed out with Trihexa and he may need to do a genre and theme-shift). Because if it is not, he will need to cramp as many details as possible in the next booklet to cover/hand wave the plot holes and disappointing developments in this story (That's the risk of writing a bonus story without the crucial role of his regular editor), or else the last chapter will be an anti-climax and not interesting anymore.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-01-16 at 04:23.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 10:01   Link #2046
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
After reading through the posts and all the chapters of Slash/Dog, I can hypothesize that Kurenai gained the control over the Sacred Beast through Suzaku's blessing/training, very much like @kusa said.

The Fenghuang in this story can be considered a derivative of Suzaku, but not the same being, hence Kurenai did not violate the Himejima primary rule where only those chosen by the family can take control of the Sacred Beast (he is still chosen anyway, i think it's due to his talents and devotion being recognized by the clan).

Also, Azazel and Ex have said that the Five Families have their representatives within the Alliance in the Evil God war, the candidates being the Sacred Beast inheritors (but possibly not the same person as the present DxD timeline since they will be in their late forties/fifties and their roles have changed). Because of this, one plausible premise why Kurenai are able to gain Fenghuang is that he trained/blessed along with the next Himejima Suzaku/his second cousin.

As for Akeno, her purification skill is not something she had at birth. B214 had already quoted that Shuri taught her that. As for her to gain the Himejima powers, nah, so far nothing has indicated that. The "inheritance line skip" that @kusa said plays a factor too and Baraqiel's genes are more dominant in her (well, she masters Holy Lightning rather quickly and later becomes a Grigori Cadre).

@amtro that line? So far Akeno hasn't seen Kurenai in action (Kiba already saw Ex, Zen, and Shin in chapter 5). I think it will be present in the final chapter, when Azazel shifts to Rias' location (or vice versa) and see the other siblings along with their moms in combat.

EDIT: Besides, this spin-off can work as a link/Chekhov's story if Ishi really sets up EX's timeline and characters as a possible setting for a time-skip sequel (rather than direct/immediate one like, say College DxD, which I think plausible but not doable since "local" world enemy power level had already maxed out with Trihexa and he may need to do a genre and theme-shift). Because if it is not, he will need to cramp as many details as possible in the next booklet to cover/hand wave the plot holes and disappointing developments in this story (That's the risk of writing a bonus story without the crucial role of his regular editor), or else the last chapter will be an anti-climax and not interesting anymore.
I think you bring in very good points here about the future state of affairs, for the Five Principal Clans as well. I'll add that I don't think just being able to summon a Sacred Beast of Fire is enough to be liked by the Himejima Clan's higher-ups. I think being able to do both that and also control fire by themselves is needed.

But as for a sequel, I do think College DxD is possible. It could just be wishful thinking on my part, though. That said, however, it'd also be great if we had a time-skip sequel to when Ex or one of his siblings is the main character. As long as we also find out why Ise is so busy, just in case we don't get the answer in EX.

@Bio: Let me know when you get to the part where Vali tells Ikuse and Co. who he is and they think it's just chuunibyo.
Old 2016-01-16, 20:30   Link #2047
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Osman while it is never stated that Kurenai cannot use fire manipulation, I think it is more of his secondary skill in his arsenal, and he only needs to use it when controlling his Sacred Beast.

Also, I'm more curious of his Lightning Armor (it is only said that Kurenai shrouded his body with lightning, but it's more or less the same), though. Being a shout-out to A's technique in Naruto, I wonder what he can do in that state.

For College DxD, since most of the characters will have already grown up and have enough developments, it will be disappointing if Ishi decides to stick the sequel in the Shonen genre. I can only think of it being a Seinen, which allows far more mature and realistic content
Old 2016-01-17, 02:37   Link #2048
ady623

Kurenai seems to have more of an arsenal then the other kids since he doesn't fuse them like EX does. I wonder if he's ever made something to help him fight the same way Azazel does.

For College DxD I dont think a Genre change is necessary just another shift in tone would be good for it since Ishibumi doesn't really go to dark. Also for the power levels i dont think Ise and the gang will be the ones to take down Trihexa so i dont think its problem the real problem is the evil gods and what type of abilities they have.

Or even better Millicas DxD since Ishibumi said he would like to make a story for him and his adventures, and we could see how everybody acts when there a little older and we would get to see how Millicas became a transcended being.
ady623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 11:34   Link #2049
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Good points. Yeah, Milicas DxD would also be good. I can agree with that. But I'd still a sequel that's still focused on Ise, as long as it's done right.

And yeah, they aren't going to defeat Trihexa. They're only going to be resealing it. So power-levels shouldn't be a problem unless Ise still becomes godly powerful at the end of HS DxD. Which there's already groundwork laid down for in perfecting Cardinal Crimson Queen and Diabolos Dragon (and mastering both, which actually should make him as powerful as complete Ophis, or maybe even stronger than that).
Old 2016-01-17, 18:59   Link #2050
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

good from my point of view I would like to see a sequel of Ix since it would be good to see it as a novel sequel and not a simple Spin Off of six Ex . While Milicas also would be entertaining to see it as another sequel but also , I would like to also see a sequel to life full of God Shiva rather interesting seeing
Old 2016-01-17, 23:33   Link #2051
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
good from my point of view I would like to see a sequel of Ix since it would be good to see it as a novel sequel and not a simple Spin Off of six Ex . While Milicas also would be entertaining to see it as another sequel but also , I would like to also see a sequel to life full of God Shiva rather interesting seeing
I suspect that part of the reason the author is doing this series is to see how the audience reacts to the kids, that way if the reaction is positive he can do a series about them.

But he is going to need bad guys bigger and meaner than Shiva or Trihexa, which would explain why he has this war going on in the future, to set up the future events of any sequel series he decides to do.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 11:15   Link #2052
Chichiryuushintei

It doesn't matter if they are able to kill GR with their pinky, those guys are as boring as villains can get.

BTW, does anyone knows when the last BD will be released?
Old 2016-01-19, 11:18   Link #2053
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Chichi next Wednesday, from what I heard (though I don't think it's that important anymore).
Old 2016-01-19, 11:45   Link #2054
Chichiryuushintei

Thanks.

Hey, if there aren't many news, I'll take what I can get.
Old 2016-01-19, 12:35   Link #2055
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I thought it was stated that only their boss, the main Evil God from the other world whose name I don't remember, was about equal in power to Great-Red. Was I wrong?
Old 2016-01-19, 19:09   Link #2056
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

speaking of the leader of loki God fake Chichigami how big is your power will be more stronger than Azazel or someone of the Greek gods
Old 2016-01-19, 20:40   Link #2057
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If you're talking about the UL's boss, the Evil God from the other world, then like I said, his power is said to be on par with that of Great Red.
Old 2016-01-20, 02:38   Link #2058
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Unless Ishi decided to do a Diabolus Ex Machina, EX will never reveal Melvazoa in its physical form (or vice versa with Ise's future self).
Old 2016-01-20, 08:59   Link #2059
Hakai

Who or what exactly implied this guy might be in Great Red's tier again?

Was there any direct statements?
Old 2016-01-20, 11:55   Link #2060
DragonOsman
Dragon King

IIRC, yes, there were. I just don't remember exactly where or when.

@Ariel_Saeba: I'd actually like to see Future Ise, though, so hopefully Ishibumi will show him in EX.