Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-30, 15:42   Link #2041
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
You mean like this?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Huh. Too bad it isn't coloured, I might really be tempted to spend some money. Then again, maybe not. I've avoided buying figurines for two decades now. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Anime View Post
This in particular makes zero sense to me. Especially since their opponents' not only gained the initiative they are setting the stage in the open.
Well, I'm more concerned that them just sitting around all day in a destroyed factory would be terribly boring for all involved. You got to wonder what they've been doing.

Oh, and another thing. Since someone on RC mentioned Meteora behaving "shadily" this episode (which I did not notice, but YMMV, of course), I've found it pretty strange that in both OP's, it's Selessia and Meteora executing their attacks at each others direction.
Magane at least made herself at home immediately.
Old 2017-07-30, 22:12   Link #2042
xizro345
King's Justice

More images of the Meteora figure prototype (Japanese, may have NSFW ads):

http://gigazine.net/news/20170730-recreators-wf2017s/
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 02:20   Link #2043
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Anime View Post
This in particular makes zero sense to me. Especially since their opponents' not only gained the initiative they are setting the stage in the open.
They have the initiative because Altair is letting them have it. She knows very well what they are up to, but for some reason thinks it's interesting to give them a chance to stop her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Huh. Too bad it isn't coloured, I might really be tempted to spend some money. Then again, maybe not. I've avoided buying figurines for two decades now. ^^
The final version in all likelihood will be coloured. Those prototypes shown at events are often not coloured.
Old 2017-07-31, 02:55   Link #2044
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
The final version in all likelihood will be coloured. Those prototypes shown at events are often not coloured.
Well, when it is out, I'll seriously have to look at prizing and shipping rates. Hrm. I didn't even get statuettes of Sheryl Nome and Saotome Alto, my two favorite anime characters.

To be honest, I'd rather buy subtitled BD's.
Old 2017-07-31, 21:35   Link #2045
Applehell

This felt a lot like a penultimate episode since all the good guys gathered around and had their peptalk and reflections while the bad ones finished their own preparations. I had to check if was watching episode 20 or 21 instead of 16.

I really did like Sota and Seletia's conversation in the beginning the most tho. There was some rally nice life advise given there.

So considering what Altair's goals end are it is very likely she plans to use this scheme hatch against her to break reality since it requires Meteora to weaken to trap her at all. Since Altair knows about the plans and maybe even their secret weapon, this all really come down to Alice's Tu Brute? moment. I imagine that Alice will deal Magane somewhere within her own trap too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 22:08   Link #2046
xizro345
King's Justice

More images and details of Meteora's Nendo (Japanese, NSFW ads):

http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-12298053688.html

On an unrelated note, my translation summaries for the commentaries for the series for the next two episodes (17,18) will be posted later than usual.
Old 2017-08-03, 01:14   Link #2047
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wonder why they are not voicing themselves, difficulties with appearing at the concerts aside
Old 2017-08-03, 01:22   Link #2048
zztop

Quote:

On an unrelated note, my translation summaries for the commentaries for the series for the next two episodes (17,18) will be posted later than usual.
What's the reason? Is your schedule busy on those days?

Also, would you happen to know what the next Re Creators special is all about? Another VA interview?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 02:57   Link #2049
magnuskn

Quote:

Don't worry, everybody here will be grateful for you doing this extra work, no matter when you do it on your time. Thanks, again!
Old 2017-08-03, 09:10   Link #2050
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just blitzed through this yesterday so I'm late to the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
even their secret weapon
When I heard the reference to the "secret weapon" all I could think of was this scene but with Hikayu in the "weapon" role:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Don't know if it would work as well on our icy Princess though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 13:31   Link #2051
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
What's the reason? Is your schedule busy on those days?

Also, would you happen to know what the next Re Creators special is all about? Another VA interview?
I'm out of my own country, so I can't watch the episode and look at the post-airing interview "in real time" like I always do.

The next special looks like some kind of summer stuff (the VAs are in yukata), but I guess I'll take a look in a couple days. The last one was mildly amusing, I can say.

Hiroe tweeted about working on Black Lagoon and a dojin at the same time, and it looks like the latter may feature a familiar face...

https://twitter.com/hiroerei/status/893049978901233664
Old 2017-08-04, 18:12   Link #2052
gdpetti

perhaps a secret weapon is that ALtair's creator suicided herself, so that tendency could be a major underlying issue in her own character that gets exploited by the other creators.... as destroying the world of the creators might take a backseat to destroying herself... or not... still like the older Meteora from a couple eps back in that filler ep, one of the best I've seen, as it was interesting and not just a recap... a twist of attitude.. nicely done... but then a plot prep ep followed... seemed a filler and not much more, not sure why they did that if they didn't have to.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 18:09   Link #2053
Zangor17

the final special was this week right? just double checking so i dont wait for an episode that isnt coming.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 18:19   Link #2054
RDNexus

Next week Ep17 will air, that's for sure.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 20:01   Link #2055
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
the final special was this week right? just double checking so i dont wait for an episode that isnt coming.
It was a seiyuu event with the actors for Meteora, Selesia, and Aliceteria. I skimmed over this one since I only had a raw, but I did watch the special on Amazon that preceded episode one. I'm especially impressed with Selesia's seiyuu, Komatsu Mikako. She seems rather demure in the two live appearances, but apparently she can turn it on in the studio. My other favorite performance is by Toyosaki Aki as Altair. To think someone who can produce that deep, dark, and dangerous voice could also perform as sprightly Mari in Time Travel Girl nearly boggles the mind.

I thought it only fitting that Meteora's seiyuu, Minase Inori. sat at the head of the table and moderated the discussion.

Old 2017-08-06, 10:22   Link #2056
zztop

Re Creators Bluray Vol 3, cover art features Mamika and Alicetaria.
Spoiler for Bluray Vol 3:

BTW, how many episodes are there per Bluray?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 13:48   Link #2057
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^I really like that art work. Makes Alice look rather cute compared to her usual stern facial expressions.

Didn't really comment on episode 16 last week because while it did have some interesting bits, it was mostly meh to me tbh. Hope episode 17 hits hard next week.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 15:08   Link #2058
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
BTW, how many episodes are there per Bluray?
According to eggplant's excellent archive of disc sales, volume one had two episodes and sold 2,600 copies, over 90% of which were Blu-rays. That's nothing like the 10,000+ that Konosuba averages, but looking over other recent initial releases, it's not bad either. Blue Exorcist, Demi-chan, and 3-gatsu no Lion all sell at about the same rate. Shows I've enjoyed like Flip Flappers and Fune wo Amu struggle to sell 800 copies per release.

Chris Beveridge also reports that each release will contain two episodes.
Quote:
The spring 2017 anime series Re: Creators is having its home video release plans handled by Aniplex USA and they’ve set the first volume so far. The series is being listed as limited editions for this release with the DVDs priced at 6,264 yen while the Blu-ray’s are priced at 7,344 yen. They’re listed as two-disc sets with the CD component to be determined with each release.
At those prices the eleven Blu-rays will cost over $700 at current exchange rates. Yikes!

Do you suppose his reference to "Aniplex USA" was just an mistake? It seems strange that the US affiliate would be handling the marketing in Japan.
Old 2017-08-06, 15:18   Link #2059
magnuskn

That's a bit excessive for an anime series, to say the very least. But since the Japanese apparently have zero interest in the international market, I guess their own otaku's sell their little sisters livers to get their stuff...
Old 2017-08-06, 15:57   Link #2060
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

CDJapan lists current and future releases: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?te...=re%3Acreators

Disc two through disc six are listed at 72 minutes, or three episodes per disc. That's seventeen episodes. I could see one more disc with three episodes and the final one with two. That cuts it down to eight discs but still something like $500.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning