incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
would explain the frankly ridicules time discrepency
C.C managed to go from standing near lelouch when kallen raises the arm
to run back to the lancelot
ride that cable into its cockpit (cable ride alone takes about three seconds, judging by when she came down)
sit down in it
have the hatch close
start it up (op system takes a few seconds to come online, as shown everytime a KMF starts up )
pick up the shield thats standing at the side of the lancelot
aim it at the guren
and fire it

all this in the time it takes kallen to say "sayonara, lelouch"

that whole ridicules scene bugs the hell out of me
C.C is a witch, she did make it work just cause she could. 8D

But srsly yeah, idk, seeing how much development KallenxLelouch got, it seems way off. I mean, i could get it, if their last rabu-rabu scene, was what we got in Turn 22.
But when we got a gumline that is flying in a ufo-sky now, and exactly the weirdness of that scene, and more {cause i do not mind much weird-bits, it is animuuu lol} that their last encounter and last memory of Kallen would be her, trying to kill him ** is kinda.. way off. Honest.
I believe, the gumline was gonna take place there, and Kallen kept going after him, cause that handsome-prick {sorry Lulu, you were prick with the girls, haha} never gave her the answer. //apart from her personal justice

**unless we go with the jail scene, that would make sense then
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:42   Link #20722
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i dont know if thats specificlly where the GUM LINE was to take place (i'm more towards the jail scene angle)
but i do know that there was no possible way for C.C to stop kallen in time without kallen hesitating for a few seconds
its just not POSSIBLE
they should have shown on screen damn it
they should have shown her hesitating about killing him (like its hard to display it)
would have spared her much of the hate she got for that praticular scene
Old 2009-07-01, 15:47   Link #20723
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i dont know if thats specificlly where the GUM LINE was to take place
but i do know that there was no possible way for C.C to stop kallen in time without kallen hesitating for a few seconds
its just not POSSIBLE
they should have shown on screen damn it
they should have shown her hesitating about killing him (like its hard to display it)
would have spared her much of the hate she got for that praticular scene
You ask me, i am pretty sure, the "sayonara Lelouch" was the end sentence of their cut-convo.
Come on, it is like "kay, imma bust there, imma kill that bastard that tricked us all, wait to cry a bit before i bust the wall...hum tears are ready, kay, ALL READY, KALLEN KOZUKI GO FULL-KILLING MODE"

Come on, busting the wall and saying sayonara with tears, does not make sense. There had to be convo that was previously featured, that we never got. It is not like Kallen, to be like this towards Lelouch, they must have exchanged words. Kallen does not go monologue-ish, one sentence and BOOM BAM. Not to Lelouch, at least.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:49   Link #20724
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i dont know if that was the gum line
it would make less sense given what she asks C.C seconds later
she just told lelouch not to tell her he loves her and then asks C.C "do you love him" ?

i STRONGLY think that there was more to that scene (time differences)
but i dont know if its the gum line
Old 2009-07-01, 15:52   Link #20725
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i dont know if that was the gum line
it would make less sense given what she asks C.C seconds later
she just told lelouch not to tell her he loves her and then asks C.C "do you love him" ?

i STRONGLY think that there was more to that scene (time differences)
but i dont know if its the gum line
Dude, you do not need to reply "i do not know if it that was the gumline", it is not like i claimed it as canon. I mostly went and argued about it is ridiculous for the last scene to be like this, it just does not make sense for the reasons i mentioned. C.C being flash-mech, and the fact that Kallen is busting the walls and is having tears in like, the sec she sees him and ready to kill him, pu-LEASE.
There had to be convo there.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:56   Link #20726
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

again, i AGREE with you that the scene looks rushed
and it HAD to have taken longer then the "sayonara lelouch" part for it to be possible for C.C to do what she did (unless she developed rolo's geass somehow)
but it could have been anything (not necessarily a convo)
it could have been the guren raising its arm and just waiting in place for a few seconds while kallen musters up the strength to finish him off (explains the tears)
which i would personally have MUCH preferred over the version we got (which is sped up for dramatic purposes)
Old 2009-07-01, 16:11   Link #20727
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
again, i AGREE with you that the scene looks rushed
and it HAD to have taken longer then the "sayonara lelouch" part for it to be possible for C.C to do what she did (unless she developed rolo's geass somehow)
but it could have been anything (not necessarily a convo)
it could have been the guren raising its arm and just waiting in place for a few seconds while kallen musters up the strength to finish him off (explains the tears)
which i would personally have MUCH preferred over the version we got (which is sped up for dramatic purposes)
Oh yeah, sure for dramatic purposes, that scene did nothing to me. C.CxL touching convo had a more deeper impact towards me. I mean, with Kallen it was like "wai, wait, wha-what? need to slow-forward the scene to get what happened." 8D

Idk, i always thought the gumline was gonna take place in Turn 22, makes more sense like this. Then again, the way that line is, requires a previous something to initiate it {probably from Lelouch, no scratch our modesty, yeah, definitely from Lelouch} --insert line-- and insert a reply as well. //or gloomy face.

Maybe, if we were a bit on the Code:Cheese factory, that line could be very well placed, in a jail scene towards those two. We all know Lelouch liked the tongue-kiss he got, maybe he wanted a bit more, goes to jail, kisses Kallen who is like
"why did you do that",
"because, i..i"
"if you say something like i love you, i will never forgive you..cause i want sex right now, and i know that your charade is waiting for you to go out in a minute, damn you."
Ok, scratch the last sex-line. 8D
But yeah, you get what i mean.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:20   Link #20728
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
well
its more or less a ship based around the "got to get kallen away from lelouch so he'll stay free for C.C, so lets just pick anyone" logic
used to be suzaku, and later (to a lesser degree) xing-ke
No wonder the hardcore shippers and I never seem to get along. I always ship according to canon evidence instead of just who I think looks good together.

And the evidence shows that either Shirley/Lelouch or Kallen/Lelouch would work. But since both Shirley and Lelouch are dead, Kallen's SOL, and Shirley is chasing Lulu in the World of C. ^^;
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 19:27   Link #20729
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No wonder the hardcore shippers and I never seem to get along. I always ship according to canon evidence instead of just who I think looks good together.

And the evidence shows that either Shirley/Lelouch or Kallen/Lelouch would work. But since both Shirley and Lelouch are dead, Kallen's SOL, and Shirley is chasing Lulu in the World of C. ^^;
Oh I'm pretty sure she's done chasing him. Lelouch doesn't have much in the way of stamina, after all.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:31   Link #20730
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure she's done chasing him. Lelouch doesn't have much in the way of stamina, after all.
If I were being chased by Shirley, I wouldn't want to run away, anyway. >.>;
Old 2009-07-01, 19:34   Link #20731
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Quote:
Hmm, I'd love to continue this conversation, but I think it's better suited for the Shirley or Romance Thread.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "hardcore shippers" synaesthetic. Pretty much all the Kalulus here are very hardcore and there's a good deal of canon evidence that they go by.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 19:37   Link #20732
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Hmm, I'd love to continue this conversation, but I think it's better suited for the Shirley or Romance Thread.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "hardcore shippers" synaesthetic. Pretty much all the Kalulus here are very hardcore and there's a good deal of canon evidence that they go by.
Syn probably meant devotion/fanaticism for "hardcore". After all, some fans of irrational pairings, such as Gino/Kallen, can be very outspoken.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:39   Link #20733
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I am unfortunately the queen of thread derails. -.-'

Quote:
Syn probably meant devotion/fanaticism for "hardcore". After all, some fans of irrational pairings, such as Gino/Kallen, can be very outspoken.
And yes, this is precisely what I meant. We should really take this to the other thread though.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:42   Link #20734
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Indeed. What they lack in evidence they make up for in boisterousness Well, there's nothing wrong with them liking what they like. Crack pairings are inevitable after all. Just so long as they don't make nonsense claims about it being the one true canon pairing and say things that go against the shows canon.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:47   Link #20735
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It's really, really hard to pair Kallen up with anyone besides Lelouch and have canon support it. Though I could see an epilogue bringing Kallen and Suzaku together in a sort of tsundere kind of way...

Out of all the major characters to pair Kallen with, I think Suzaku is the least cracky of them all.

But then I have my deep love for Kaguya/Tianzi which many people consider a crack pairing despite the fact that the two of them together can annihilate the entire universe from the sheer amount of moe produced.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:51   Link #20736
Nobodyman9
Banned

Yeah, a lot people seem to think that SuzaKallen could be the most likely ship after Kalulu. Granted they were given proper development of course. They're very similar in a lot of ways and are two of the few people who know the truth behind Lelouch's actions.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:53   Link #20737
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
I remember people thought Gino/Kallen is canon simply due to an wedding picture(How can an picture outweigh actual character development and scenes anyway? Besides the pictures in Kallen room had Gino in the group pics with her friends and comrades). Even though both characters weren't interested in one another outside of just being comrades which the staff even said as well.

Its ok to like obvious crack pairings. Just don't think it right to establish one as canon with pretty much nothing to work with. And at the same time down-playing the actual development that occurred. Particularly with Kallen when her development romantically was only toward Lelouch.

About the gum line. I guess it could fit during turn 22(I just think an scene was cut). I also agree about turn 24. It did seem like it was kind of rushed.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-07-01 at 22:14.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 12:10   Link #20738
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Incomplete page, but this is the preview about Kallen sickness:

Spoiler for spoiler of suffering:
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 13:42   Link #20739
Nobodyman9
Banned

Looks pretty good bonzo. Very dramatic. But damn! Kallen's mom through herself off a building?!
Old 2009-07-02, 13:47   Link #20740
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Looks pretty good bonzo. Very dramatic. But damn! Kallen's mom through herself off a building?!
It's the first way I thought about a voluntary suicide without doubts.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote