AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-03, 13:54   Link #2061
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Hmm. Don't really know what to say here. He started to feel the efforts of the girls, and the seriousness of their decisions. But this situation creates something that he knows neither girl would want, but because of the request they will lose the club, no matter who wins.

Ohh. I think I heard the Hachiman self-destroy bomb just started ticking. Meaning, I presume Hikki will do something reckless again for the sake of the club and the request. If he just thinks of the request, then he is repeating the same thing as in the past volumes. Now knowing the girls' determination, he will take that into account and prevent the "disbanding" of the club. If he would do that, it would be a step forward as he would take other people's feelings into account. But thjs positive side would quickly be negated by his sacrifice. So he gets nowhere but at least he'd solve 2 problems at once.

The thing is the story has gotten to the point, that this is only a speculation based on what I'd do if I were Hachiman.

The double date seriously started a chain of events that will have a great impact later on. I'd say it was a key moment in the progression of the series.
Don't wanna spoil it for you, but he takes the third option, seek help, won't say anything else.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 14:08   Link #2062
csuree
The Most Hated™

your spoiler already happened, so I'm gonna go and assume he will seek help from Shizuka sensei or Haruno, as he needs something solid to do this time.

Now seeking help is also good, since he starts thinking about the consequences of his actions.

Btw. Do we have a vol. 8 Summary somewhere, so I don't guess wrong every time I come up with a theory, because I feel myself sooo stupid in those moments.
Thanks in advance
Old 2014-04-03, 15:36   Link #2063
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

http://gensakuchuu.wordpress.com/201...chigatteiru-8/

There you go.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:43   Link #2064
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

This chapter is interesting. Makes a great setup for the later events.

Spoiler:

"You never know the value of what you have till you lose it" or something amongst those lines.

Hearing the world "effectively" told by Yukino made an impression on Hikigaya.

Spoiler:

Basically, he was confronted with a role reversal. Yukino has joined the dark side of cold rationality even though she can hurt others (the club) and herself in the process.

Yui has totally different motives (emotional, it's not a selfish act) - because she cares about the club, she would go so far to protect it. However, this action would still jeopardize it's fate.

Now we have it crystallized what will push Hikigaya into motion. So we come to the crux of the interesting part - his motives will not be the usual suspects - what is the most effective solution for the problem and disregarding the possible fallout from the self sacrifice bravado. This time, the consequences for others are the much more important part of the equation. It's clearly voiced here:

Spoiler:

I think that this will affect his way of thinking from now on, but for that we'll have to see what will happen in the future volumes.

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-04-03 at 15:56.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:48   Link #2065
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

On topic.

The chapter was actually heartwarming in many ways: Hikki admitting Yui is a wonderful girl, both of them admitting they care about the club... If only the situation was a little less messy.
Old 2014-04-03, 20:13   Link #2066
king12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
On topic.

The chapter was actually heartwarming in many ways: Hikki admitting Yui is a wonderful girl, both of them admitting they care about the club... If only the situation was a little less messy.
Do they really care about the club, or is it an euphemism that they care about each other? I'm more inclined to think the latter.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 20:23   Link #2067
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Do they really care about the club, or is it an euphemism that they care about each other? I'm more inclined to think the latter.
The Club = The 3 of them, no need to clarify that, it's a given.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 23:21   Link #2068
righteoustrickster01

I think if yuihama was going to sacrifice herself for Yukino and Hachiman. So there relainship continue

futher whichever way it go. I think she okay with H +++ Y together. As long there together to keep each other company. Or it can be the three of they together.

i think Yui get the lonely life Yukino and hachiman would be if there would separete.
righteoustrickster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 01:43   Link #2069
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
I think if yuihama was going to sacrifice herself for Yukino and Hachiman. So there relainship continue
And I think she won't give up the shipping war relationship pursue that easily, especially after Hikki's characteristic of her in this chapter.

It's just as that: they have the their precious club, and they all want to save it.
Old 2014-04-04, 03:24   Link #2070
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
And I think she won't give up the shipping war relationship pursue that easily, especially after Hikki's characteristic of her in this chapter.

It's just as that: they have the their precious club, and they all want to save it.
I kind of wonder about Yukino on that. I mean it's strongly implied Yukino is working so hard on this to prevent Hikigaya from doing something self-destructive/self sacrificing again, but she's being really mean about it. Possibly also short sighted on whatever long term effect it could have on people around her. Or you know, very short sighted on said long term effects.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 03:42   Link #2071
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I kind of wonder about Yukino on that. I mean it's strongly implied Yukino is working so hard on this to prevent Hikigaya from doing something self-destructive/self sacrificing again, but she's being really mean about it. Possibly also short sighted on whatever long term effect it could have on people around her. Or you know, very short sighted on said long term effects.
That's the point, I think.
Old 2014-04-04, 03:55   Link #2072

Quote:

so, yukinoshita is trying to protect hikki?
0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 04:07   Link #2073
csuree
The Most Hated™

Nah. I think it is only pride. Hikki solved 2 major requests alone, ant Yukinoshita is just, upset that they couldn't do a thing. Remember that Yukino is quite full of pride.

Even if she has feelings forcthe cub and its members, the pride of a girl of her caliber should not be neglected. And Yuigahama will not give up on Hikki so easily. Remeber when they did something together and then Yui came in saying something like "That is not fair" or something along those lines.
Old 2014-04-04, 04:17   Link #2074
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0226 View Post
so, yukinoshita is trying to protect hikki?
Well, it's heavily implied,maybe just to me, that Yunkinoshita is trying to prevent Hikki from using his usual methods for solving problems. She's very unhappy with his way of doing things, his self destruction and self sacrificing. I think she wants to prevent him from doing it, as well as show him and her way is the better way of doing things.

I personally think part of her is trying to protect him. Unconsciously or not. I mean, she's really seriously angry at him, and she's seriously angry that he decided to come up with a new self destruction plan by purposely botching a speech and getting a bunch of hate for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Nah. I think it is only pride. Hikki solved 2 major requests alone, ant Yukinoshita is just, upset that they couldn't do a thing. Remember that Yukino is quite full of pride.

Even if she has feelings forcthe cub and its members, the pride of a girl of her caliber should not be neglected. And Yuigahama will not give up on Hikki so easily. Remeber when they did something together and then Yui came in saying something like "That is not fair" or something along those lines.
I think what you said is the other half of Yukino's reasoning. I still hold part of her is trying to change Hikki or prove something to him, as well as maybe trying to protect him. But the other half of it is definitely her pride. She's as sure her way of doing things is the correct way as Hikki is, and she is hellbent on taking the lead to prove it.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 05:30   Link #2075
Flunch

I wonder, what is club for Hachiman? Ppl saying that the club is the 3 of them, ofc, but what about their own vision of the club? I mean, Hachiman denies all real-lifers, but again it's just bravado, he sought for 'youth' as others, but couldn't have it all in all. And so it happened, and he was forced into the club, and many things happened etc., and now, what is the club for him? Isn't it that similar to the 'youth' he seek for deep down in his heart(this line should have told that in my vision the club symbolized youth , but can't get right words for it so my appologies)?
Flunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 08:16   Link #2076
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunch View Post
I wonder, what is club for Hachiman? Ppl saying that the club is the 3 of them, ofc, but what about their own vision of the club? I mean, Hachiman denies all real-lifers, but again it's just bravado, he sought for 'youth' as others, but couldn't have it all in all. And so it happened, and he was forced into the club, and many things happened etc., and now, what is the club for him? Isn't it that similar to the 'youth' he seek for deep down in his heart(this line should have told that in my vision the club symbolized youth , but can't get right words for it so my appologies)?
First third of the 7th chapter is translated. He asks himself that question:
Spoiler:

After talking to Komachi he comes up with an explanation of his need to preserve it even though he couldn't find any flaw with the rationale of the Yui's and Yukino's actions in the context of the Iroha's demand.
Spoiler:

For the first time, he clearly voiced his concern about the feelings of those involved. So, the club now is the relationships between them. Preserving it would also mean preventing them of drifting away even though they do get along. There is a nice parallel with his relation to Komachi. Being 15 years together as brother and sister surely helped in become good siblings that are now. Hachiman needs time to open up. He doesn't seek friends around and needs a context, a framework for him to establish a connection with someone (and equally important for others to understand him). For him, that link is the club.

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-04-04 at 08:30.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 10:31   Link #2077
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
For the first time, he clearly voiced his concern about the feelings of those involved. So, the club now is the relationships between them. Preserving it would also mean preventing them of drifting away even though they do get along. There is a nice parallel with his relation to Komachi. Being 15 years together as brother and sister surely helped in become good siblings that are now. Hachiman needs time to open up. He doesn't seek friends around and needs a context, a framework for him to establish a connection with someone (and equally important for others to understand him). For him, that link is the club.
I think he already made a connection with Hayama, just a look at the incident in the cafe, and you see he said what he really felt to Hayama without any fear or constraints, for good or bad, he did it, and that's a first.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:22   Link #2078
Heat066

Spyro updated, 2 parts of chapter 7 are up.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:25   Link #2079
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
That man is really putting on a colossal effort to finish this before volume 9 gets published.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 12:29   Link #2080
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
^
That man is really putting on a colossal effort to finish this before volume 9 gets published.
Yeah, respect to this man

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck