AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 20:11   Link #2061
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Who's stopping BB and Brady and their relentless automatons? The Ravens honestly have the best shot to do it. The jets lost their mojo, Pittsburgh got destroyed, while the ravens barely lost.

As for the defending chumps the aints...well, they got the rematch coming up with Atlanta. Now's their chance to prove they're the top dog down there. That said, Atlanta got whomped (and pretty soundly too) by Philly with a backup QB. What exactly does it say about the entire NFC south?

Eagles/Giants game should be a doozy...we got Asante Samuel back but lost Bradley and that other DE rookie who just busted his ACL. Joy...not sure what the solution to Philly's defensive woes is. I wonder if the Vikes are willing to part with Jared Allen for a trade of Kevin Kolb?
Old 2010-12-14, 20:17   Link #2062
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Joy...not sure what the solution to Philly's defensive woes is. I wonder if the Vikes are willing to part with Jared Allen for a trade of Kevin Kolb?
I say unlikley, but maybe if Allen's peformance continues to slump.

Anyways good to know Samuel is returning, our D needs it's playmaker back.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 20:46   Link #2063
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

the Falcons are pretty overrated. They haven't beaten a good team badly but they are clutch in last two minutes.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 21:06   Link #2064
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
the Falcons are pretty overrated. They haven't beaten a good team badly but they are clutch in last two minutes.
Well their defense isn't top notch so I'm not surprised that good teams have been able to keep games close against them. They do however trounce the sub-par teams when they face them (for the most part).
Old 2010-12-14, 21:17   Link #2065
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Who's stopping BB and Brady and their relentless automatons? The Ravens honestly have the best shot to do it. The jets lost their mojo, Pittsburgh got destroyed, while the ravens barely lost.

As for the defending chumps the aints...well, they got the rematch coming up with Atlanta. Now's their chance to prove they're the top dog down there. That said, Atlanta got whomped (and pretty soundly too) by Philly with a backup QB. What exactly does it say about the entire NFC south?

Eagles/Giants game should be a doozy...we got Asante Samuel back but lost Bradley and that other DE rookie who just busted his ACL. Joy...not sure what the solution to Philly's defensive woes is. I wonder if the Vikes are willing to part with Jared Allen for a trade of Kevin Kolb?
I'd have to say an NFC team at this point has the best chance of knocking off the Patriots. They play the Packers this weekend. We'll see what happens.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 21:26   Link #2066
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Stop complaining about the field. The 49ers excelled on natural grass in San Francisco for years. This is football. Not everything is going to be perfect. That includes the gridiron.
LMAO, Dude don't tell me what to complain about ...You just said we can't handle cold weather (Which historically I'll agree--Although we DID beat the Jets in a below zero game back in '87^^), I'd say it's morso the field being the issue since it pretty much negates the integrity of our timing passing game...That's why I'm pointing more at a $hitty kept frozen field which had Philly receivers falling butt over a$$cheek game before last against the Bears...

Now you can say this is excuses or what have you, but if we lose, we lose...I'm not gonna bitch about wanting a do-over or anything...However this is something to discuss and in discussing it I'm saying the field is as big a factor as the cold weather, yet ultimately (As I've expressed) I'd like to avoid any cold conditions if possible^^...Bring on that quiet, no emotion stadium called the Georgia Dome...

Oh, and WTH does the 49ners natural grass field have to do with anything? Natural grass is the best and most forgiving surface to play on unless it's colder than the surface of effin' Saturn...

Quote:
I think a schedule has everything to do with it
I think you're living in the 90's...The margin between NFL teams in this parity based system is way thinner...You can't just go by records all the time...Dallas, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, are all capable of giving good teams a hard time (Would you not agree with this?)...If the Patriots escaped Cleveland with a 1 point victory instead of getting waxed by them are they any better or worse essentially?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SejiSensei
I didn't see the field in Chicago having much effect on the Patriots receiving corps or on Green-Ellis. Did you?
Why would a crappy cold weather field be an issue for a team that thrives playing cold weather games on frozen grass//turf and has played these type of games multiple times every year since the AFL Boston Patriots days in Harvard Stadium?
Old 2010-12-14, 22:08   Link #2067
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'd have to say an NFC team at this point has the best chance of knocking off the Patriots. They play the Packers this weekend. We'll see what happens.
Let's go down that list:

Falcons: overrated as hell.
Packers? A snowball's chance in hell. This Sunday, look for New England to absolutely torch them.
Saints? Not on the schedule, but I'd have to say Brady would get the better of them.
Eagles? After they lose to Chicago and then New England makes Chicago look like a JV team? However, they do most closely match New England in terms of profile...young/bad defense, QB that makes everything happen, and a bunch of talented kids for the receiving corps.
Vagiants? Lost to above Eagles, and I don't see them winning the rematch.
Bears? I think we saw how that one goes.
Old 2010-12-14, 22:13   Link #2068
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
If Rodgers doesn't play, then the Packers doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell. And even then. . .
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 22:16   Link #2069
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Let's go down that list:

Packers? A snowball's chance in hell. This Sunday, look for New England to absolutely torch them.
Saints? Not on the schedule, but I'd have to say Brady would get the better of them.
Eagles? After they lose to Chicago and then New England makes Chicago look like a JV team? However, they do most closely match New England in terms of profile...young/bad defense, QB that makes everything happen, and a bunch of talented kids for the receiving corps.

All I gotta say is last time the Patriots played the Saints WE ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED THEM (Tom Brady and all)...And last time we played the Packers we put 51 points on them, so say what you will...We can hang with any of these teams...No way the Pats D can handle our offense...I'm so fatigued of the Patriots, but I wouldn't mind matching up in the Super Bowl..I think America would fap mall fountains if that happened...
Old 2010-12-14, 22:22   Link #2070
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I didn't see the field in Chicago having much effect on the Patriots receiving corps or on Green-Ellis. Did you?
That's because they're a cold weather team. They play in Foxboro in the snow, and Brady is 19-2 in bad weather conditions. He literally is the highest rated QB in NFL History in bad weather. So Chicago was just like playing in Foxboro for them.

Are you talking about last year wing? It was Brady's first year back since his leg injury and missing all of 2008. 2009 there were a lot of problems with that team, and they're still working out all the kinks so to speak. Who knows how well they would do against each other this year.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 22:31   Link #2071
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^That's all I'm saying, until we play again the only thing known is that...The Patriots haven't played one above average scoring offense this entire streak...By the looks of it the AFC doesn't provide but 1 great scoring offense that'll be in the playoffs (The Pats), so a SB may be the only way to settle this...
Old 2010-12-14, 23:24   Link #2072
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^That's all I'm saying, until we play again the only thing known is that...The Patriots haven't played one above average scoring offense this entire streak...By the looks of it the AFC doesn't provide but 1 great scoring offense that'll be in the playoffs (The Pats), so a SB may be the only way to settle this...
Too bad we couldn't have you guys come to our home turf in a blizzard and find out just how manly the Saints really are.
Old 2010-12-15, 00:04   Link #2073
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^As a famous song by Rapheal Sadiq goes: ♪"It never SNOWS in southern Cali-forn-yaaaa,... it never snoooooows..."

You self-loathing San Diego Charger hater^^, we'll play you in the dome where they'll be no excuses!
Old 2010-12-15, 00:22   Link #2074
justinstrife

Quote:
^As a famous song by Rapheal Sadiq goes: ♪"It never SNOWS in southern Cali-forn-yaaaa,... it never snoooooows..."

You self-loathing San Diego Charger hater^^, we'll play you in the dome where they'll be no excuses!
Hey I've lived in Washington and Idaho, and spent time in New York in the dead of winter. I know all about snow and 5 degrees in the sun. I remember driving through Pennsylvania in a blizzard where you could barely stay on the highway or see anything around you. That weather is terrible on my leg though, so I'm only in it for skiing or the like. Seriously, the blood flow gets real bad and the leg goes numb on me. Stupid football injury. I've got the thigh long scar to prove it too...
Old 2010-12-15, 01:06   Link #2075
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
LMAO, Dude don't tell me what to complain about ...You just said we can't handle cold weather (Which historically I'll agree--Although we DID beat the Jets in a below zero game back in '87^^), I'd say it's morso the field being the issue since it pretty much negates the integrity of our timing passing game...That's why I'm pointing more at a $hitty kept frozen field which had Philly receivers falling butt over a$$cheek game before last against the Bears...

Now you can say this is excuses or what have you, but if we lose, we lose...I'm not gonna bitch about wanting a do-over or anything...However this is something to discuss and in discussing it I'm saying the field is as big a factor as the cold weather, yet ultimately (As I've expressed) I'd like to avoid any cold conditions if possible^^...Bring on that quiet, no emotion stadium called the Georgia Dome...

Oh, and WTH does the 49ners natural grass field have to do with anything? Natural grass is the best and most forgiving surface to play on unless it's colder than the surface of effin' Saturn...
Why not? You're sounding ridiculous. I'm trying to help you. Complaining about the weather? Seriously? The team has to play on the same field. There is no advantage other than experience on it I suppose. But like I said, this is football. Things aren't supposed to be convenient. As far as the 49ers, they had natural grass in muddy Candlestick and still excelled for years. Why is this complicated? They didn't have the advantage of Astroturf like the Rams or Colts in a dome. I believe Solider Field has natural grass. Or maybe not. It might be the sod that is used in a lot of places now. But complaining about it is ridiculous.

Quote:
I think you're living in the 90's...The margin between NFL teams in this parity based system is way thinner...You can't just go by records all the time...Dallas, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, are all capable of giving good teams a hard time (Would you not agree with this?)...If the Patriots escaped Cleveland with a 1 point victory instead of getting waxed by them are they any better or worse essentially?
If the 49ers played in the NFC East, we would not have the amount of wins we do now. Schedule does matter. WTH is wrong with you? Tampa Bay not winning a game against a team with a winning record this season does not bode well for the ball club. You're alluding to playing teams on schedule from a yearly basis. I'm talking about this year.

Quote:
Let's go down that list:

"Falcons: overrated as hell"

Have more insight than that. I can take anything someone says combine all the negative aspects about that subject and make a negative definitive statement as well in three or four words.

Quote:
The hell? Have you forgotten about the Chargers and Colts who are ranked higher than the Saints in points scored? The Patriots beat both of them. I'm guessing one of those teams makes at least wild card.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2010-12-15 at 01:35.
Old 2010-12-15, 01:45   Link #2076
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I was wrong about the Colts and their MASH unit, 1 above average offense then...The Chargers were before the current 6 game streak...

Also you can keep over-exaggerating the point about the weather...You yourself brought up the history of dome teams in cold weather...But at the same time it don't matter? That's Rembrandt stuff right there ...But the Bears will crush us because of it? Again Da Vinci level $hit right there...I don't think you can get out of the maze...

I gotta ignore your stuff on schedule because besides ignoring my unflappable points on today's parity, you're coming at me with a barfly's mentality on this...If you think that the NFL schedules today are comparable to how they were judged pre-parity then I'll pass you the bowl of corn-chips...

Cleveland beat the Pats which didn't say $hit about the potential of that team...Cleveland beat us which didn't say $hit about the potential of my team...You think a schedule is hard in preseason and 6 teams who were suppose to be world beaters are whatever teams, that's how it goes...I judge the Saints on the fact that I've seen them progress this year from the first part of the season to a 7 game winning streak averaging over 30 during the streak...In today's NFL that's the $hit, keep hatin' the champs...
Old 2010-12-15, 02:22   Link #2077
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I was wrong about the Colts and their MASH unit, 1 above average offense then...The Chargers were before the current 6 game streak...

Also you can keep over-exaggerating the point about the weather...You yourself brought up the history of dome teams in cold weather...But at the same time it don't matter? That's Rembrandt stuff right there ...But the Bears will crush us because of it? Again Da Vinci level $hit right there...I don't think you can get out of the maze...

I gotta ignore your stuff on schedule because besides ignoring my unflappable points on today's parity, you're coming at me with a barfly's mentality on this...If you think that the NFL schedules today are comparable to how they were judged pre-parity then I'll pass you the bowl of corn-chips...

Cleveland beat the Pats which didn't say $hit about the potential of that team...Cleveland beat us which didn't say $hit about the potential of my team...You think a schedule is hard in preseason and 6 teams who were suppose to be world beaters are whatever teams, that's how it goes...I judge the Saints on the fact that I've seen them progress this year from the first part of the season to a 7 game winning streak averaging over 30 during the streak...In today's NFL that's the $hit, keep hatin' the champs...
Yes you were wrong concerning the Colts. As usual.

I did bring up the weather. But you were the one that was bitching about playing in it. I'm saying that using the weather as an excuse is absurd. I don't think you can get out of the maze...

Yes, go ahead and ignore (in other words be ignorant) about the points I made about the schedule and teams. Proceed and have your judgment clouded. And I never said anything about today's schedule now and days being compared to that of days past. Again, you're implying years in a row, I'm talking about here and now. The teams and how they're shaping up to be this season. Enough of the season has gone by to make some decent evaluations. It's not hating, it's being logical. Try it sometime.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-15, 11:07   Link #2078
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well hopefully the Saints performance in the next 2 games will bring some light to these ridiculous arguments. Schedule can be used as a valid excuse I guess, but you got to win whatever you're given so meh.

Either way these next two games are a great way for the Saints to prove to everyone whether they are indeed worthy of their record or not. One against the Ravens tough D, away from their home dome and of course the other against the Falcons in the place they never lose.

I expect close games in both, which is usually the standard for many Saints games, but it is just a matter of whether they will win. I'm most interested in the Ravens game myself since that will be a great match up of D vs Offense.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:55   Link #2079
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Let's go down that list:

Oh please tell me, why the Falcons is so overrated for? I dont see it, we beat Packers, Ravens, Saints, and we almost beat Steelers too.

Besides everybody is calling Falcons overrated from the media to other team fans and we still win games.
Old 2010-12-15, 12:32   Link #2080
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Besides everybody is calling Falcons overrated from the media to other team fans and we still win games.
I'm kind of puzzled on that myself. There offense is completely fine and the only weaknesses they seem to have are on Defense. With that said the D isn't bad by any stretch.

They're in the top ten in pts allowed per game and somewhere withing the top 15 in rush yds allowed. It's their passing D that struggles (24th).

Now the Falcons don't beat themselves either, don't turn the ball over or make too many mistakes. They are unstoppable at this point at home, they trounce crappy teams (like good teams should) and they know how to win close games against tough opponents.

I don't really find them overrated.

Tags
american football, sports