AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 20:26   Link #2061
Used Can

If the author really wants to boost sales a bit, then he will have to show Yakotora a bit more, since the hype there's for Part 2 is to see him wreck shit, not for him to be in the shadows and show up every now and then.
At the very least, in the blogs I've read, that was the one complaint I saw nearly everyone had.
Old 2014-04-23, 20:36   Link #2062
Iron Maw
Banned

The sales concerning the LNs themselves are fine, in fact they have actually increased quite a bit with each volume. The problem is that the anime did almost nothing to expand sales for TR as franchise on a whole. Most of the boost came from Azano's hardwork and not 8-bit, so unless this these sales were within publisher's expectations there is little to justify a second 2 cour season.

The novels will continue get popular on their own so that's the good news in all of this.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 21:17   Link #2063
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The sales concerning the LNs themselves are fine, in fact they have actually increased quite a bit with each volume. The problem is that the anime did almost nothing to expand sales for TR as franchise on a whole. Most of the boost came from Azano's hardwork and not 8-bit, so unless this these sales were within publisher's expectations there is little to justify a second 2 cour season.

The novels will continue get popular on their own so that's the good news in all of this.
Really? I heard that sales for Vol.11 increased tremendously when the anime ended, so tit did play a role there.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 21:43   Link #2064
Iron Maw
Banned

You sure that wasn't the news about vol 10's ebook sales (those aren't counted by oricon unfortunately) surging up greatly?

It's not that I'm discrediting the anime's effect, selling 16+ in just two days is probably the best it's done in that short time ever and the show definitely had something to do with it. However unless the first week sales can at least reach 25k+ within the first week opposed to the standard 18-20k the novels usually do in that period then there is not much of a boost. Personally, I was hoping the anime would double what novels normally sold so that vol 11 would be the first one to end up with 40k LTD.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-23 at 22:31.
Old 2014-04-24, 17:01   Link #2065
SilverDestruction

From Volume 6 Chapter 5
Quote:
Ohtomo, who had been caught in the black water, pressed the final earth-element charm - the last of the eight total that had been prepared - on the concrete roof.
I don't have a baka-tsuki forum account so I thought I'd mentioned this here, but can someone confirm whether this is what it says in the original and if necessary correct it. 5 x 2 = 8? Unless it's meant to be some weirdly phrased sentance refering to how he initially brought out 8 charms before he brought out the final 2 earth charms?
SilverDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 21:01   Link #2066
Iron Maw
Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a bit of mistake, there is quite a few like that all over the place really. The translation while good still needs more editing. I'll this bring up at the forums a little later.
Old 2014-04-24, 23:34   Link #2067
Hiyono

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that was a bit of mistake, there is quite a few like that all over the place really. The translation while good still needs more editing. I'll this bring up at the forums a little later.
If it's a mistake, it's a mistake in the original J-C translation or the original work itself. Lygophile's translation to English is correct.
大友回应的同时翻开双手的手掌。左右十指中夹着不知从哪里取出的八枚咒符。
"Ohtomo opened his hands as he responded. Eight charms from who knows where were pressed between each of his ten fingers." (I assume this refers to the fact that you have 4 spaces between fingers on each hand, 4 x 2 = 8.)

被卷入黑色水流中的大友,把最后的土行符——每种准备了两张共八枚的最后一枚——按在了楼顶的 混凝土上。
"Caught in the eddy of black water, Ohtomo pressed an earth charm - the last of eight, having prepared two of each type - onto the concrete of the roof."
Old 2014-04-25, 00:04   Link #2068
Iron Maw
Banned

Thanks for confirmation!

Yeah, I agreed it's either a phasing issue or something within one of the two sources of text. Still it's not first time a minor problem like this has come up and later it had to be compared to the Japanese text to get verified.

Times like this is when I really wish Ougon was here.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-25 at 00:41.
Old 2014-04-25, 05:27   Link #2069
zerozeronine

Quote:
Sales are out:

16,596 *16,596 Tokyo Ravens Vol.11
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1156621

Note that this was over a 2 day period, IIRC Vol 10 sold 18k which took 5-6 days so this is good. But not as good as I would have liked. It's LTD will probably end up higher than the other novels, but it's most likely not enough to justify a second anime season.

I guess it doesn't matter too much since it would have been 4-5 years before we ever got one anyway.
that's sad I was expecting it to reach at least 20k in the 1st day.Season 2 of the anime is probably not happening now as it looks like it really didn't help the novel increase sales that much.If just the author made it a harem with some ecchi scenes it might be more popular.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 05:33   Link #2070
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
If it's a mistake, it's a mistake in the original J-C translation or the original work itself. Lygophile's translation to English is correct.
大友回应的同时翻开双手的手掌。左右十指中夹着不知从哪里取出的八枚咒符。
"Ohtomo opened his hands as he responded. Eight charms from who knows where were pressed between each of his ten fingers." (I assume this refers to the fact that you have 4 spaces between fingers on each hand, 4 x 2 = 8.)

被卷入黑色水流中的大友,把最后的土行符——每种准备了两张共八枚的最后一枚——按在了楼顶的 混凝土上。
"Caught in the eddy of black water, Ohtomo pressed an earth charm - the last of eight, having prepared two of each type - onto the concrete of the roof."
It's a J > C mistake.

黒い水流に流されがら、大友が屋上のコンクリートに、最後の土行符 ― それぞれ二枚ずつ用意していた五行 符の、ラスト一枚を叩きつけた。

Caught in the eddy of black water, Ohtomo pressed an earth charm - the last of the elemental charms, having prepared two of each type - onto the concrete of the roof.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:59   Link #2071
Junkko
お母さん

You know I have two questions which have been wandering around my head for quite some time now. So I'll just ask away

When did Kakugyouki figured it out about Kon and Harutora? I mean, did he saw them fighting with the 'fake kakugyouki' somewhere in the beginning of the series when a Yakou fanatic kidnapped Natsume?

Because later, at the car scene with D, he asks who that brat 'Harutora' is and then starts talking about the loyal one which I'm sure of is Kon. Oh, and he also seemed to know about the fake kakugyouki.

And I've also wondered what triggered Harutora to get back his memories. Was it because of the slow process of the Raven Coat? or was it because he took a hard blow to his eyes and fell unconciousness. Or was it Kon's doing, or something else
Junkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:41   Link #2072
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkko View Post
When did Kakugyouki figured it out about Kon and Harutora? I mean, did he saw them fighting with the 'fake kakugyouki' somewhere in the beginning of the series when a Yakou fanatic kidnapped Natsume?

Because later, at the car scene with D, he asks who that brat 'Harutora' is and then starts talking about the loyal one which I'm sure of is Kon. Oh, and he also seemed to know about the fake kakugyouki.
Yes it's implied he saw the fight. He's a spirit remember? They are capable of dematerializing thus hiding their presence. He does exact same thing in Vol 7 before confronting Kagami.

Quote:
And I've also wondered what triggered Harutora to get back his memories. Was it because of the slow process of the Raven Coat? or was it because he took a hard blow to his eyes and fell unconciousness. Or was it Kon's doing, or something else
It was the Raven Coat and Natsume breaking the curse that triggered it. His memories gradually returned afterwards. For example during the fight with Kagami he was recalling spells (mentioned in the LN) he never learned such as water mantra he used to counter Kagami's fire mantra in the anime.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-25 at 15:13. Reason: repharsing 2nd anwser
Old 2014-04-25, 14:42   Link #2073
anonfr

Quote:
You know I have two questions which have been wandering around my head for quite some time now. So I'll just ask away

I've always wondered about that too. I mean, He knew Yakou a long time, and Yakou and Harutora are the same. Surely he would have noticed that Natsume is nothing like Yakou, and Harutora probably had roughly the same personality that Yakou had at 16. At least, that's what I think.

I'm pretty sure the Raven Coat was the initial trigger. I actually feel like there was a Trigger before that, which was Natsume's star seal, but the Raven Coat was the more substantial trigger.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:47   Link #2074
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I've always wondered about that too. I mean, He knew Yakou a long time, and Yakou and Harutora are the same. Surely he would have noticed that Natsume is nothing like Yakou, and Harutora probably had roughly the same personality that Yakou had at 16. At least, that's what I think.
Kakugyouki never mistook Natsume for Yakou, not even once. He knew who Harutora and Kon were as soon as he saw them.
Old 2014-04-25, 14:59   Link #2075
anonfr

Quote:
Kakugyouki never mistook Natsume for Yakou, not even once. He knew who Harutora and Kon were as soon as he saw them.
Did I word it strangly or something? My basic point was that Kakugyouki never mistook Natsume for Yakou. Why are you correcting me so vehemently when you're just making the same point I did?

I said Kakugyouki surely would have noticed that Natsume is nothing like Yakou (Despite everyone and their mother being convinced Natsume was Yakou <--I probably should have added that part) and that he probably noticed Harutora was like Yakou.

Still it's like you didn't even bother to read what I wrote. Ouch.
Old 2014-04-25, 15:08   Link #2076
Iron Maw
Banned

Not sure why you think I'm attacking you, the reason why correcting what you were saying was due to the way you worded that part of the sentence.

Quote:
This makes sound like Kakugyouki was still under the impression that Natsume was the reincarnation after seeing Harutora. If that's not what you meant then okay.
Old 2014-04-25, 15:14   Link #2077
anonfr

Quote:
Not sure why you think I'm attacking you, the reason why correcting what you were saying was due to the way you phrase that part of sentence.

This makes sound like Kakugyouki was still under the impression that Natsume was the reincarnation after seeing Harutora. If that's not what you meant then okay.
Didn't say or think I was attacked, I said correcting. I wasn't sure why you were correcting me if we're making the same point. I mean, that's something normal to be confused about isn't it?

I guess I did word it strangely though, sorry about that. Again, too add detail, I meant that he probably heard about Natsume, before he ever saw Harutora, so he probably would have noticed Natsume was Fake and Harutora was real right away, but he'd also stop to check if Natsume was real if he heard rumors about her. I didn't really think I'd have to explain that?
Old 2014-04-25, 15:16   Link #2078
Junkko
お母さん

Quote:
Yes it's implied he saw the fight. He's a spirit remember? They are capable of dematerializing thus hiding their presence. He does exact same thing in Vol 7 before confronting Kagami.

It was the Raven Coat and Natsume breaking the curse that triggered it. His memories gradually returned afterwards. For example during the fight with Kagami he was recalling spells he never learned such as water mantra he used to counter Kagami's fire mantra in the anime.
Ahh, I see thanks. This does explain a lot, I hardly ever thought of Kakugyouki dematerializing - I'm a bit dumb now that I think about it. I always thought of him standing behind a statue observing everything

Moreover, the curse his father placed on him also partly blocked his memories? I only thought it blocked his magic.

Quote:
I said Kakugyouki surely would have noticed that Natsume is nothing like Yakou (Despite everyone and their mother being convinced Natsume was Yakou <--I probably should have added that part)
Wait, who's mother.

Last edited by Junkko; 2014-04-25 at 15:29. Reason: because who's mother
Junkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 15:26   Link #2079
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Didn't say or think I was attacked, I said correcting. I wasn't sure why you were correcting me if we're making the same point. I mean, that's something normal to be confused about isn't it?

I guess I did word it strangely though, sorry about that. Again, too add detail, I meant that he probably heard about Natsume, before he ever saw Harutora, so he probably would have noticed Natsume was Fake and Harutora was real right away, but he'd also stop to check if Natsume was real if he heard rumors about her. I didn't really think I'd have to explain that?
You said I was correcting you vehemently (which is basically attacking you aggressively with words) when I was just stated a matter of fact base on the wording of your earlier post which implied you had misunderstood something. That's all there is to it. You clarified your point in the second post so no harm done.

EDIT:

Quote:
Moreover, the curse his father placed on him also partly blocked his memories? I only thought it blocked his magic.
Nah, it took his memories too. In fact one of the main reasons Shidou/Yashamaru approached Harutora after getting the Raven Coat was to test whether they had returned or not.
Old 2014-04-25, 15:33   Link #2080
anonfr

Quote:
You said I was correcting you vehemently (which is basically attacking you aggressively with words) when I was just stated a matter of fact base on the wording of your earlier post which implied you had misunderstood something. That's all there is to it. You clarified your point in the second post so no harm done.
I meant vehement as in: "marked by forceful energy" since you seemed a bit forceful about it. Vehement in general doesn't mean attacking aggressively, actually. It's more like impassioned or enthusiastic.
Since you said "Never" followed by "not even once" for emphasis, also followed by an explanation. It seemed a little vehement, with the emphasis and what not, like "No no no sir, it is not like that, absolutely not, it is like this."
It left me bewildered.
And confused, as does the attacking part. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural