Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-23, 03:46   Link #2061
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It wasn't really the Guild but Guild Girl herself to put up the money she's basically posting her own quest. It's her own way of helping out Goblin Slayer for all years of him taking all the goblin quest when no one else really would.
The quest is from the Guild, not Guild Girl, she got the quest approved by her superiors. As charitable as it seems they'd have to be another level of stupid to not realize the threat a Goblin Lord poses to them, as well as Goblin Slayer saying that destroying their town was the horde's objective.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 07:12   Link #2062
bercerus

There is one very special/funny/super weird cameo that i think everyone miss in this ep11.

aside from 'rock eater slayer' cameo that confirm he's gonna survive thw whole year one spinoff and finally moved on after seen his crush get eaten by monster.

but also this guy. one of archers on the roof.

he look similar? buff guy.. wear black pant+tank top... wear bandana... and use bow.

OF COURSE. ITS....
Spoiler for HIM....:
bercerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 08:51   Link #2063
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Am I the only one that wasn't impressed by "100" as the number of the goblins?

I thought it was confirmed that goblins are very weak and the danger comes from their number. 100 sure is definitely a lot for a single adventurer, but for 20 or even more? That's 5 goblins per adventurer, something that even the monk girl from the first episodes could deal with ease, and I would expect people like the spearman, the paladin and greatsword man to kill dozens of them without breaking a sweat. I don't know how area spells work in this world but a fireball, a merely lvl3 spell in D&D can potentially kill 30 goblins in one hit.

Sure there were hobgoblins and goblin champions, that sure brought up the challenge rating, but I think the author could have upped the number of the foot soldiers a bit. After all the ratio of hobgoblins and Champions in this group seems to be higher than normal. If Champions were 2% of the goblin population, normally, they would be a lot more frequent than we have actually seen in the many raids that GS undertook.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 09:45   Link #2064
Twi

He said at least a hundred. There were more according to the counter on Reddit. (Someone goes ahead counts the deaths),
Old 2018-12-23, 09:52   Link #2065
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

they are not decreasing the quality... but they increased it
we have praised them for adapting Water Town arc in such a brilliant way

then they really do their best to make this Goblin Raid arc

I love this arc simply because it involved so many guys and there are so many showing of Goblin Slayer's brilliant experiences and tactics over years
the build up in ep 10 is great... the battle in this ep is awesome... and I hope they would give us the best climax and anticlimax of this arc

They put a good censorship about meat shield but they don't remove the terror of that shield
Everyone (lancer, wizard, paladin, knight, amazoness berserker ) got enough screentime to shine..

anyway... dear lancer guy... I still hate you no wonder you could not score any points in front of guild girl
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 12:01   Link #2066
Ultragunner

man, everywhere Brolancer is always a bro, yet he still has no luck with the ladies....
...tho being partner with the magician girl is a plus I guess
Old 2018-12-23, 12:32   Link #2067
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
He said at least a hundred. There were more according to the counter on Reddit. (Someone goes ahead counts the deaths),
Additionnally, there are other reasons that make this case way worse than usual
-Open field at night, which means that Goblins primary advantages are exploited to the max.
-Large numbers under leadership is fairly more dangerous than just a mere horde of goblin. The lord didn't just teach them tactics, but also force them to stick in their formation (for instance, the riders were neatly deploying together without spreading too much) and use tools.
-There is a large presence of Shaman, Hobgoblins and at least 2 champions (the LN doesn't give any details but confirms there were more than 1, while the manga seems to hint around 3-4).

So yeah, that horde is much more threatening than just 100 usual goblins altogether.
It has to be noted that goblin lords and champions are a very rare variant of goblins and very few adventurers ever encountered them. As such, most adventurers wouldn't know to what to do, hence why no one ever challenged Goblin Slayer's plan because they are all aware no one can best him in that field.

Also, it has to be noted that heavy warrior realized the goblin champion identity merely because of its size from what he has heard before. It was pretty much the first time he ever faced one of them. So yeah, that horde configuration is definitely not something any adventurer would have ever encountered, so the presence of 2 champions there isn't exactly representative to the actual population of champions at large. It was basically the lord's doing, either by training some goblins or recruiting wanderers that went beyond the hob rank.

Anyway, while the production wasn't fantastic by any means, the staff managed to properly give a sense of scale and didn't abuse using CGI for the goblins. They also properly paced the episode with the first half about CG and GS + the guild scene then the first half of the raid. With all the changes and extra scenes done beforehand, CG and GS actions make more sense in the anime, moreso when you consider how things excalate quite quickly for GS quite recently.
This also makes other characters like Lancer more likeable in the long term because there were more interactions prior the farm raid.
Old 2018-12-23, 13:09   Link #2068
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
they are not decreasing the quality... but they increased it
we have praised them for adapting Water Town arc in such a brilliant way.
Brilliant? Really? I think that arc was underwhelming when it comes to the battles for an anime-only viewer like me. It also had some weird choices as already pointed out in past pages of this thread either by source-readers or others.

This episode, on the other hand, is good-ish. The event in the guild is meh because I've seen this kind of "rallying up your comrades"-scene a million times before and done better in other stories but, as usual, Goblin Slayer's quirky personality elevates the scene a little for me (with additional seasoning from Lancer's personality). The action-direction in this episode is pretty bland tbh (aside from some money shots) and we can still see them cutting corners but at least it's not as bad as some previous episodes (where Goblin Champion's bite on the Priestess changed positions from shoulder to arm).
Old 2018-12-23, 14:51   Link #2069
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
not sure what the basis on why the guild helped out with the big reward, I mean the receptionist is in support of him, but are there more strings or is it just hey why not
an army of goblins, supported by a goblin lord (equivalent to platinum rank aka Hero) are marching towards the town. the farm is only a stronghold to build up.
if the guild didn't offer a reward, there is also a chance some adventurers may choose to flee than face an army of goblins.
the one gold per goblin reward also means threats like goblin champion are also 1 gold as well.
Old 2018-12-23, 18:22   Link #2070
Wheeljack83

Guild Girl had already worked there for five years at this point. Also we clearly see the Guild chairman or boss, and he says it's fine because it's based on the information from a silver-ranked adventurer.

That means the Guild boss is not an idiot and trusts the reputation of an experienced veteran such as Goblin Slayer and the passion of his employee.

It shows that Goblin Slayer just doesn't have the trust and loyalty of the other adventurers, but also the Adventurer's Guild that has supported him all these years as well. Granted, Guild Girl went to bat for him, but for good reason and the people in charge were wise enough to listen.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 19:00   Link #2071
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How exactly are the adventurers going to get paid anyway? Some of them could just lie about their number of kills. Numbers of course wouldn't match then if they count the bodies, but they'd have no idea who lied. I guess the Guild has no choice but to trust them?
Old 2018-12-23, 19:05   Link #2072
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How exactly are the adventurers going to get paid anyway? Some of them could just lie about their number of kills. Numbers of course wouldn't match then if they count the bodies, but they'd have no idea who lied. I guess the Guild has no choice but to trust them?
Didn't the guild has the "lie detector"-lady?
Old 2018-12-23, 19:10   Link #2073
The Green One

Isn't the prize per Goblin head? You bring back "Proof" of the kill.
Old 2018-12-23, 19:18   Link #2074
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Didn't the guild has the "lie detector"-lady?
Oh, that's right. I forgot about her. Case solved!

Sure is a handy ability for that line of work.
Old 2018-12-23, 19:35   Link #2075
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, that's right. I forgot about her. Case solved!

Sure is a handy ability for that line of work.
You know what? With people like her, I imagine courts process in GS-world won't take too much time. All they have to do is just hire a bunch of licensed Lie Detectors (for crosschecking) to help confirming all the testimonies and the judges will have an easier time sentencing the true criminals in their world (as long as there's no conspiracy behind the scenes).
Old 2018-12-24, 03:06   Link #2076
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You probably need the right questions, but do you need crosschecking? They get their lie detecting power from the Goddess of Justice. Wouldn't misusing it result in divine punishment of some kind?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 03:21   Link #2077
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You probably need the right questions, but do you need crosschecking? They get their lie detecting power from the Goddess of Justice. Wouldn't misusing it result in divine punishment of some kind?
Most likely, the Gods in this setting can be very strict with their rules and what you can do with their blessings.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 03:36   Link #2078
Skaddix

Well presumably some skills or abilities allow you to lie or not be affected by truth telling abilities.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 05:02   Link #2079
eiyuuou

that would be difficult as the Sense Lie miracle is from the Supreme God.
Old 2018-12-24, 10:55   Link #2080
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How would checking whether they speak the truth about the number of their kills be misusing?
If anything it would be using it as intended, as it guarantees that everything will get their just reward.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy