AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-28, 11:10   Link #2061
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
And I think it's clear that a number of Shana and Chikaru voters were unaware of the third place match.
Either that, or they weren't interested, thus the 3rd place match would still be of less importance/prestige which ever one it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
Besides, Shana and Chikaru were in the Best 4. In otherwords, I'm gonna agree to disagree. You leave me my blinders and I'll leave you yours.
Still with lower votes than Yuki, both in official and exhibiton.
But fine. *put on blinders*
Old 2006-10-28, 11:15   Link #2062
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
Was the Saimoe 2005 the first Saimoe Turnament?
I hope that new character wins in Saimoe 2007, cause a it boring to see RM vs Nanoha series in the final again XD
I'm looking forward to Zero no Tsukaima and Kanon in Saimoe 2007
There were SaiMoe's before 2005 though it wasn't as spectacular. When I next get time, I'll go through Korean SaiMoe 2006's results and tabulate them.

And yes, big thanks to Kinny Riddle, ando and the others for translating and for the Support Images/Material - now just to wait for the official "Victory Drawing" for this year's contest ^^

I'll continue to be updating the SaiMoe page on my Wiki for a while - Korean SaiMoe 2006 etc, and there's always the possible International SaiMoe to discuss ^^

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-10-28, 11:20   Link #2063
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiet View Post
I utterly disavow Suiseiseki winning Saimoe. The tournament was rigged from the start. Why do I think so?
Spoiler for Chikaru planned it!:

The Shadow Empress has been pulling the strings.
Why? Who knows? Chikaru works in mysterious ways.
LOL, now this pic has made my day. If Chikaru wills it, then I have no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I hope there will be a 3rd saimoe otoko tournament where anime fans will vote for their favourite male anime characters.If this is going to happen,I guess the 2nd place will belong to Kyon from suzumiya haruhi no yuttsu while the 1st place will belong to Light from deathnote.
Light maybe, and even his nemisis L, but Kyon will probably suffer at the hands of those mindless anti-Haruhi-ists again through a barrage of 3000 fake votes. (sarcasm intended)

Quote:
Is this a joke at ADV initially changing the name or changing the name back to the original?
Of course it's a joke. BTW, I never knew ADV decided to drop that silly name, where did you hear that? I was basically ROFLMAO when that series was "officially" called "Shadow Warrior Chronicles".
Old 2006-10-28, 11:34   Link #2064
nathanbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Of course it's a joke. BTW, I never knew ADV decided to drop that silly name, where did you hear that? I was basically ROFLMAO when that series was "officially" called "Shadow Warrior Chronicles".
ADV listened to fan protests and changed the name back to Utawarerumono. Source here.
Old 2006-10-28, 11:34   Link #2065
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I'll probably be supporting Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Amy from StrikerS, Shinku, Hinaichigo and Kanaria (and maybe Suigintou) from RM, Sunao from Tsuyokiss, Nayuki from Kanon, Louise, Siesta and maybe Tabitha from Zero no Tsukaima and probably some others I don't know about Shana, depends on the movie, maybe I'll support her, too. And maybe Kirino from Gift.

Ah well, too bad it ended, now I don't have much to do on the forums Can they run it one more time?

PS : Good thing Utawarerumono got its name back.
Old 2006-10-28, 11:38   Link #2066
[tCi]
Marked for deletion (old)

Thank you for support and praise. Don't forget to thank delta as well since he is the other Anon who helped me make the posters. I have a rapidshare/megaupload link for the entire collection. It includes all the posters, the character picture sources, and some extras ^_^. I'm not sure what the rules are for posting rapidshare here...so I'll abstain from posting them unless I'm allowed to. If not, you should be able to find them on /a/ or /t/ on 4chan.
Old 2006-10-28, 11:38   Link #2067
ando

Congratulation, Suiseiseki.
Old 2006-10-28, 11:39   Link #2068
rayofash

Hurray Suiseiseki!
Old 2006-10-28, 12:06   Link #2069
DSJFX18
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze View Post
有効コードがある票の順位
1位 2306票 翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント
2位 2239票 フェイト・テスタロッサ@魔法少女リリカルなのはA's

Desu won.
OMG.. Why must Suiseiseki win this. I would have been fine with any of the other three, but Suiseiseki? Bah. I wouldn't be as disappointed if it was Shinku and Suigintou. It was anyone but Suiseiseki. Well, Saimoe 2006 had formed me into a Desu hater. This grudge...shall return.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:11   Link #2070
piccu

Thanks to delta as well!!

What is /a/ or /t/ on 4chan?

edit: found it already

Last edited by piccu; 2006-10-28 at 13:39.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:18   Link #2071
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
OMG.. Why must Suiseiseki win this. I would have been fine with any of the other three, but Suiseiseki? Bah. I wouldn't be as disappointed if it was Shinku and Suigintou. It was anyone but Suiseiseki. Well, Saimoe 2006 had formed me into a Desu hater. This grudge...shall return.
Well, for me it'd be really bad if Souseiseki or BS won over Fate. Desu winning is almost understandable, although as I said, I'd liked some other RM dolls winning. Obviously though, Desu isn't getting any sympathy from me next year
Old 2006-10-28, 12:22   Link #2072
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
They will, unless hundreds of people outside of Japan complains about it, directly to the tournament organizers, in Japanese, for they will ignore any complaints written in English. Chances are rather high, that they won't even be able to comprehend what is written in English.

My approach, however, is that it would be better to run the tournament ourselves. We can even have tournament for historical Moe Characters, not just recent one; my vote will go to Siina Hikaru of Figure 17. Below are the links to the English Moe tournament thinkers.

http://synchroom.wikispaces.com/mess...Moe2006/103711

http://www.animenano.com/forum/Anime...ity+contest%3F

Kind of like this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...ic.php?t=19759

Final battle was Nana from Elfen Lied vs. Misuzu from Air TV which I considered an EXTREMELY worthy battle.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:27   Link #2073
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Kind of like this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...ic.php?t=19759

Final battle was Nana from Elfen Lied vs. Misuzu from Air TV which I considered an EXTREMELY worthy battle.
Wow, you're so right. That's practically my ideal moe battle.

I think it would be fantastic to have a epic-sized Western/English moe tournament, if only to see how the overall results might differ from Saimoe (not just the finals, but who advances throughout the tournament).
Old 2006-10-28, 12:38   Link #2074
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It was insanely difficult to choose who to vote for and margins between the two were fairly close. But yea, it was a good tournament.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:43   Link #2075
DSJFX18
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Well, for me it'd be really bad if Souseiseki or BS won over Fate. Desu winning is almost understandable, although as I said, I'd liked some other RM dolls winning. Obviously though, Desu isn't getting any sympathy from me next year
The truth is I liked Suiseiseki. I would have ranked her No. 3-4 of the other dolls. However constant Desu spamming from users and her show in Saimoe etc. quickly caused me to develop a grudge on her.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:49   Link #2076
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Part 1:

Part 2, HQ:

Part 2, LQ:

Old 2006-10-28, 12:49   Link #2077
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
/me kill...

Arf too bad T_T
Only 80 Votes...
Only 80...

It's okay
it's finished now ...

Congratulations to Suiseiseki
When this thread will close?
Old 2006-10-28, 13:00   Link #2078
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh, it doesn't need to close
Old 2006-10-28, 13:01   Link #2079
DSJFX18
Destiny

Upon entering /a/, my urge to kill has risen.
Old 2006-10-28, 13:18   Link #2080
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
Upon entering /a/, my urge to kill has risen.
That's why some people decided to avoid the place until it clam down, there are plenty image boards around too.
Closed Thread