Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-29, 15:20   Link #2081
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I was watching the Gremlins movie with my brother and sister yesterday and I realize that the chinese vendor that sold the gremlin to the father refers to the creature as a "MOGWAI", if I had a bad feeling before now just got lot stronger.
Whoh, nice one! Now that you mentioned Chinese something popped up in my mind of which I'm really puzzled why I didn't notice it sooner. "Mogwai" sounds awfully similar to the Chinese word Móguǐ (魔鬼) which means demon or devil.
Old 2014-03-29, 17:37   Link #2082
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Whoh, nice one! Now that you mentioned Chinese something popped up in my mind of which I'm really puzzled why I didn't notice it sooner. "Mogwai" sounds awfully similar to the Chinese word Móguǐ (魔鬼) which means demon or devil.
So that´s a possible meaning, this is proof that the little cat bastard is either a servant of Cain or Cain himself as speculated earlier.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 17:49   Link #2083
BW95
Banned

Quote:
So that´s a possible meaning, this is proof that the little cat bastard is either a servant of Cain or Cain himself as speculated earlier.
My guess is that Asagi subconsciously programmed Mogwai to fulfill Cain's objectives. So he isn't Cain but he was created to facilitate his return.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 19:29   Link #2084
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Has anything been mentioned in the novel about Foregazer?

The Lost Warlord has come up a bit in the story through Vatler and the like, Chaos Bride actually appeared along with some of her descendants, but I don't remember hearing anything about Foregazer.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 19:36   Link #2085
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

None so far in the past 10 volumes.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 20:12   Link #2086
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Has anything been mentioned in the novel about Foregazer?

The Lost Warlord has come up a bit in the story through Vatler and the like, Chaos Bride actually appeared along with some of her descendants, but I don't remember hearing anything about Foregazer.
The Foregazer has a crap load of sons and daughters. Each of them are currently trying to kill one another. The ninth prince shows up in vol 8 as an observer on behalf of the Foregazer, but doesn't appear in front of Kojou.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 20:15   Link #2087
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
The Foregaze has a crap load of sons and daughters. Each of them are currently trying to kill one another. The ninth prince shows up in vol 8, but doesn't appear in front of Kojou.
Why? It's not like Foregazer's gonna be passing on the torch anytime soon or ever for that matter.
Old 2014-03-29, 20:15   Link #2088
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The Foregaze has a crap load of sons and daughters. Each of them are currently trying to kill one another. The ninth prince shows up in vol 8, but doesn't appear in front of Kojou.
I see. Any particular reason for that?

BTW, what kind of Kenjuu does Chaos Bride use?

Old 2014-03-29, 20:18   Link #2089
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

He's an observer of the 'banquet' on behalf of the Foregazer in the prequel. Vatler does the same thing for the Forgotten Warlord and Chaos Bride decides to turn up herself.
Old 2014-03-29, 20:20   Link #2090
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Most of hers are probably intelligent weapons.
Old 2014-03-29, 20:20   Link #2091
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
He's an observer of the 'banquet' on behalf of the Foregazer in the prequel. Vatler does the same thing for the Forgotten Warlord and Chaos Bride decides to turn up herself.
I was actually asking why they were trying to kill each other off, not why the ninth prince showed up, but thanks for the tidbit.

Old 2014-03-29, 20:25   Link #2092
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I was actually asking why they were trying to kill each other off, not why the ninth prince showed up, but thanks for the tidbit.
They are one big fu#*ed up family. That's all I've got to say.They don't tell you why they are doing it. Possibly linked to a power struggle though. The Foregazer seems to have devolved the day to day running of the realm to his children.Each of the princes/princesses seems to be given a large swath of territory as their own domain.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-03-29 at 20:51.
Old 2014-03-29, 20:45   Link #2093
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
They are one big fu#*ed up family. That's all I've got to say.They don't tell you why they are doing it. Possibly linked to a power struggle though. The Foregazer seems to have devolved the day to day running of them realm to his children.Each of the princes/princesses seems to be given a large swath of territory as their own domain.
Perhaps, if they kill one of their brothers or sisters off, they can get their territories then?

That's quite a messed up family.

So, about Chaos Bride's kenjuu. What are they exactly?

Old 2014-03-29, 20:59   Link #2094
haseo0408

Quote:
They are one big fu#*ed up family. That's all I've got to say.They don't tell you why they are doing it. Possibly linked to a power struggle though. The Foregazer seems to have devolved the day to day running of the realm to his children.Each of the princes/princesses seems to be given a large swath of territory as their own domain.
That´s really interesting, thanks Moe-san, do you know by any chance the name of the kingdom ruled by Foregazer? or is it Eye of Destruction? I´ve been curious about the guy for a while, he has been barely mention at all.
Old 2014-03-29, 21:06   Link #2095
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
That´s really interesting, thanks Moe-san, do you know by any chance the name of the kingdom ruled by Foregazer? or is it Eye of Destruction? I´ve been curious about the guy for a while, he has been barely mention at all.
Literal Chinese translation is Extinguish Dynasty or Dynasty of Annihilation. The place is situated somewhere in the middle east.
Old 2014-03-29, 21:18   Link #2096
haseo0408

Quote:
Literal Chinese translation is Extinguish Dynasty or Dynasty of Annihilation. The place is situated somewhere in the middle east.
What a lovely name, exacly what you would expect from that family but I hope Kojou makes contact with one of those psychos soon, it will be a blast, literally.

By the way, someone said before that most vampires created by Chaos Bride have inteligent weapons as kenjuu, does that mena that the vampires born from a certain Progenitor have Kejuus similar to their makes? This example comes from the anime but has Reina has Hasta Aurum who has electrcal magic just like Regulus Aurum, obviously the spear inpiration comes from Yukina.
Old 2014-03-29, 21:53   Link #2097
watisit

Why would Reina refer to Kojou with -kun? Even if he isn't her father (pretty much impossible), it looks like Kojou created his own kingdom/empire which Reina is a part of.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:11   Link #2098
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Why would Reina refer to Kojou with -kun? Even if he isn't her father (pretty much impossible), it looks like Kojou created his own kingdom/empire which Reina is a part of.
He is her father. What are you talking about?She calls him Kojou-kun because members of his family enjoys calling each other with their first name. His sister for example, calls their parents Mimori-chan and Gajou-kun.
Old 2014-03-29, 22:22   Link #2099
watisit

Oh right, the Akatsuki family does that

Edit: And what the heck has Yukina been telling Reina?

Last edited by watisit; 2014-03-30 at 11:34.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:45   Link #2100
zztop

How is the Chaos Bride described in the LNs in terms of looks and personality?

And what exactly is a Root from vol 7-8?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires