Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 15:41   Link #2081
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkko View Post
Wait, who's mother.
It's a figure of speech, he doesn't mean that literally. He's just saying everyone in the magic community at least on a subconscious level believe in the rumor one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I meant vehement as in: "marked by forceful energy" since you seemed a bit forceful about it. Vehement in general doesn't mean attacking aggressively, actually. It's more like impassioned or enthusiastic.
Since you said "Never" followed by "not even once" for emphasis, also followed by an explanation. It seemed a little vehement, with the emphasis and what not, like "No no no sir, it is not like that, absolutely not, it is like this."
It left me bewildered.
And confused, as does the attacking part. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Ah cool. Sorry about that, it really wasn't my intent as mentioned previously.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 15:46   Link #2082
Junkko
お母さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's a figure of speech, he doesn't mean that literally. He's just saying everyone in the magic community at least on a subconscious level believe in the rumor one way or another.
Ahh~ I see.
Junkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:03   Link #2083
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkko View Post
Ahh~ I see.
ahaha Yeah sorry, it's an Idiom, I forget how hard those are for non-native english speakers.

Anyways, I'm kind of mad about the whole Kakugyouki thing. I'm positive he was the first one to notice who Yakou really was. Before anyone else, and he didn't tell anyone, except for making Saotome, though I think she figured it out on her own after seeing Kon as well.

He just let all that horrible stuff go down due to the misunderstanding. I mean, I know there's not a lot of people he could tell, but he could at least have mentioned it to Natsume or something. I just feel like a lot of grief could have been avoided. I think I'm bitter and unreasonable, but oh well.

It's kind of funny how so many people knew so much about Yakou but really only 2 put together "Fox girl... Tsuchimikado.. Yakou?" I know it's a stretch but, and it'd ruin the literary device of the "Big Reveal" but it could have at least crossed someone's mind. At least in retrospect.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:16   Link #2084
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
ahaha Yeah sorry, it's an Idiom, I forget how hard those are for non-native english speakers.

Anyways, I'm kind of mad about the whole Kakugyouki thing. I'm positive he was the first one to notice who Yakou really was. Before anyone else, and he didn't tell anyone, except for making Saotome, though I think she figured it out on her own after seeing Kon as well.

He just let all that horrible stuff go down due to the misunderstanding. I mean, I know there's not a lot of people he could tell, but he could at least have mentioned it to Natsume or something. I just feel like a lot of grief could have been avoided. I think I'm bitter and unreasonable, but oh well.

It's kind of funny how so many people knew so much about Yakou but really only 2 put together "Fox girl... Tsuchimikado.. Yakou?" I know it's a stretch but, and it'd ruin the literary device of the "Big Reveal" but it could have at least crossed someone's mind. At least in retrospect.
To be fair if he had said anything, events could have gone at lot worse than they did, not to mention the truth at that point would have just confused Natsume who wasn't even aware of her true origins. Besides he was serious about wanting minimal involvement in this conflict.
Old 2014-04-25, 16:24   Link #2085
anonfr

Quote:
To be fair if he had said anything, events could have gone at lot worse not to mention the truth at that point would have just confused Natsume who wasn't even aware she of her true origins. Besides he was seriously about wanting minimal involvement in this conflict.
You're right, but, I'm just kind of mad. Anger doesn't rely on logic! It's sort of the same reason I'm kind of mad at Yasuzumi. It got to a point where things escalated, and mentioning the real purpose and giving some prior knowledge could have helped make it so the raven coat didn't go Berserk?

Any new Volume 11 info on Touji? Last I heard, he was officially "Missing" "Dropped out" and training with Kagami. Is that pretty much it or was he up to other stuff?

Do we know what Suzuka was looking for?
Old 2014-04-25, 16:38   Link #2086
The One-way Road

Quote:

I haven't read the novels further than they have been translated, but in Volume 7 ch 1 at the end at the bar Kakugyouki wondered to himself why Harutora hadn't awakened yet, and in episode 20(?) he was surprised that there was a curse on him.

It might be that Kakugyouki believed Harutora would remember on his own and that there was nothing to intrefere with as far as he knew. And he did intrefere, in his own way, by warning Natsume as soon as he realized something was wrong with Harutora.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:42   Link #2087
Iron Maw
Banned

I think it's fair to be a bit mad, as long as you are aware they have their reasons for it, it's not necessary agree with them. At least for Kakgyouki he had finally become more honest with himself in vol 9 and thrown his lot with his former friends.

As for the rest of what the characters are doing in vol 11, unfortunately we only have general summary to go on right now. We have wait a bit for something more detailed and specific. It does seem like Touji dropped out of academy is working with Onmyo Agency now though.

Quote:
Do we know what Suzuka was looking for?
I'm not so sure she is still looking for anything besides Harutora's whereabouts like everyone else, but it seems like Yashamaru has managed to have her roped into their plans as of the moment.
Old 2014-04-25, 16:59   Link #2088
anonfr

Quote:
I think it's fair to be a bit mad, as long as you are aware they have their reasons for it, it's not necessary agree with them. At least for Kakgyouki he had finally become more honest with himself in vol 9 and thrown his lot with his former friends.

As for the rest of what the characters are doing in vol 11, unfortunately we only have general summary to go on right now. We have wait a bit for something more detailed and specific. It does seem like Touji dropped out of academy is working with Onmyo Agency now though.

I'm not so sure she is still looking for anything besides Harutora's whereabouts like everyone else, but it seems like Yashamaru has managed to have her roped into their plans as of the moment.
I don't like Yashamaru. I thought she was looking for something, because in the last illustration, it looks like she got caught looking through a bunch of papers. I figure she was looking for a document, or a report, or some kind of research paper. I just really wonder what it was. She looked pretty terrified too, so if she was looking for some kind of report it might've been an important one.
Old 2014-04-26, 16:11   Link #2089
Iron Maw
Banned

I can't confirm or deny that. The spoilers gave me more of a impression that she was helping them with something rather than her stumbling on to some secret though IMO. Yashamaru may have been coming around to check on her progress. This vol is suppose to give us a more clues that reveal a little more on what Takiko's group is ultimately after.

I guess it's about time for a new chapter, going by the usual pattern.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-27 at 03:44.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:48   Link #2090
AnimeManiac001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Though I'm still yet to have time to read the volume, I read a summary.
Spoiler for Volume 11:
Small question, if anyone can answer it, awesome!, if not, thanks anyways.

So, since its spoilers, I will hide it:
Spoiler:

OH, and I almost forgot: Thanks so much for sharing the summary! Its a great help knowing what is happening while the volume is not translated.
ps: And English is not my native language, if I get confusing please warn me that I will correct it asap
AnimeManiac001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:02   Link #2091
RDNexus

OH! Another portuguese fellow! So I'm not alone here, nice!
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 00:52   Link #2092
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeManiac001 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Volume 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeManiac001 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Volume 11:
Old 2014-04-27, 07:40   Link #2093
AnimeManiac001

Quote:
Spoiler for Volume 11:
Thanks for answering!

Quote:
Spoiler for Volume 11:
Ah well, still think its a bit of waste but I can see the point in this Way to go Natsume! Keep getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
OH! Another portuguese fellow! So I'm not alone here, nice!
Yes! Likewise, not alone anymore here too
AnimeManiac001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 16:40   Link #2094
noctis_lucis

But how was possible for Natsume to find Ohtomo?, wasn't he also on the run because the Agency was also chasing him down ?
Old 2014-04-28, 18:19   Link #2095
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
But how was possible for Natsume to find Ohtomo?, wasn't he also on the run because the Agency was also chasing him down ?
I'm guessing they stayed in touch.

In other news, he's done it again folks! Chapter 2 is up!
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:04   Link #2096
Iron Maw
Banned

And yet vol 6 still isn't done. -_-

Maybe Dark Doom was right.

Well I guess, I'm just going to bite the bullet and read what's available of the first chapter and catch up.

BTW here something interesting, I found the exact number of vol 10's sales for first 2 days (just couple weeks after the anime started airing) was about 10,965. It ended up selling around 20k at the end of it's first week. In comparison Vol 11 did 16,596 in the same time period, and could possibly hit 29-30k by it's first week. That's a bigger jump than I thought, I may have underestimated the anime's effect a bit too much afterall.
Old 2014-04-28, 21:10   Link #2097
zerozeronine

Quote:
And yet vol 6 still isn't done. -_-

Maybe Dark Doom was right.

Well I guess, I'm just going to bite the bullet and read what's available of the first chapter and catch up.

BTW here something interesting, I found the exact number of vol 10's sales for first 2 days (just couple weeks after the anime started airing) was about 10,965. It ended up selling around 20k at the end of it's first week. In comparison Vol 11 did 16,596 in the same time period, and could possibly hit 29-30k by it's first week. That's a bigger jump than I thought, I may have underestimated the anime's effect a bit too much afterall.
So hope for a season 2 in 2 years is still alive
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 21:48   Link #2098
Iron Maw
Banned

More like in 3 years.

But before that we have to see how it's figures look at the end of it's first week. This is certainly a good sign though.
Old 2014-04-29, 01:10   Link #2099
The One-way Road

Question, question!! It's been stated that Kurahashi Miyo was the previous head of the Kurahashi family, but V. 7, ch. 2 says she married into it. How is that possible??
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 02:38   Link #2100
Junkko
お母さん

Quote:
Ohhh, there is still hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
Question, question!! It's been stated that Kurahashi Miyo was the previous head of the Kurahashi family, but V. 7, ch. 2 says she married into it. How is that possible??
Perhaps because her husband died at an early age. I'm not sure.
Junkko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural