AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-07-09, 17:45   Link #2081
Mentar
Banned

Well... I guess the upside is that we'll have most of the stadium behind us now ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 17:46   Link #2082
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Van Gaal was right when he said Cillesen is shite as a penalty stopper.
There is no bad penalty stopper. It's all dependent on the shooter.

Now, Germany versus Argentina. 1986, 1990 and 2014. Round 3 between them. Going to be interesting.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:48   Link #2083
LoveYouSaber

Congratulations to Argentina, though I feel Germany definitely has the upper hand.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 17:49   Link #2084
ChampDream
Alive

Well just like I want Argentina in the final, now a Germany vs Argentina is going to be a exciting match, I just hope Messi and Muller don't score, because I want James to have the golden boot.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:49   Link #2085
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Argentina in the grand final, LOL. They were completely unimpressive this entire tournament. All I can really say, looking back, is that the level of football worldwide must have regressed significantly since 2010.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:49   Link #2086
Velsy

I dont see any reason to blame the goalkeeper. You forgot how hard they kick those.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 17:51   Link #2087
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Argentina in the grand final, LOL. They were completely unimpressive this entire tournament. All I can really say, looking back, is that the level of football worldwide must have regressed significantly since 2010.
They were unimpressive, but _solid_. Seasoned and serious. So, they do deserve to get there.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 17:53   Link #2088
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I had a bad feeling all evening, as if something bad was gonna happen. When we got into extra time and Van Gaal was forced to rely on Cillissen for penalties, I knew we were fucked. And when I get a bad feeling, it always comes true.

This time, Argentina was the better team, with a defensive block we couldn't break through.

Oh well, I guess I'll be rooting for my neighbors to the East to finish the job, while I hope we can still shove Brazil (who has always been our worst enemy) aside for third place.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:53   Link #2089
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
They were unimpressive, but _solid_. Seasoned and serious. So, they do deserve to get there.
you should add that they are the only team to have the luck of a champion too.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:55   Link #2090
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Wonder how the majority of final fans is going to support. On one hand is you got Argentina the traditional rival of Brazil but in the other, you got an european team that is going to take the cup off the continent and also inflicted the biggest defeat on Brazil in history.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:55   Link #2091
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Rematch of 2010!!

To be honest, the Dutch had it coming. They had mostly scored goals from stationary position (corner, penalty), or from Robben's pace. To counter, Argentina sent up Mascherano to man-marking Robben, and there is barely any chance left on open play for the Dutch. Then just need drill on set piece and Dutch strike force is nullified

Both teams were crap at penalty through
Old 2014-07-09, 17:55   Link #2092
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
All I can really say, looking back, is that the level of football worldwide must have regressed significantly since 2010.
I don't thinks so. Yes, the Spanish dominance is gone, but a lot of it is due to the tactics employed at this World Cup. Lots of defensive play using the 3/5 defender system, sitting back in solid rows and then strike.

Germany now just HAS to win the championship. It's going to be tough, Argentina's mentally strong and they are very disciplined. But the stars are kind of lined up like it's destiny.

Against the opponent of the last win, coming in with all those records. Most semis in a row, the top goalscorer, the most goals in World Cup history, the biggest win in semifinal history etc. etc.
Old 2014-07-09, 17:59   Link #2093
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Being a strong supporter of Northern European football, I will rally under the Black Eagle to win this. I don't want to hear Argentina for the next 4 years.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 18:00   Link #2094
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Netherlands played really well in that game. After the way Brazil played yesterday, and with how deflated they must be now, I just don't see Brazil placing third place.
Old 2014-07-09, 18:02   Link #2095
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Wonder how the majority of final fans is going to support. On one hand is you got Argentina the traditional rival of Brazil but in the other, you got an european team that is going to take the cup off the continent and also inflicted the biggest defeat on Brazil in history.
the support will go to Germany, but I little group will support Argentina just so the cup doesn't go to Europe.
Old 2014-07-09, 18:02   Link #2096
Kakurin
大佐

Germany now can't allow themselves to get lulled in. They have to come out strong and determined. Then they have a chance. I think the team should be experienced enough to stay focused.
Old 2014-07-09, 18:03   Link #2097
Elazul

Well, the final will surely be a interesting match to watch at least. IMHO, Germany is overall a better team but Argentina still have Messi as a trumph card.
Old 2014-07-09, 18:06   Link #2098
ChampDream
Alive

The final is the current pope's team vs the previous pope's team XD is going to be a holy war.
Old 2014-07-09, 18:15   Link #2099
teddygamer
In front of the computer

PLZ GERMANY.

teddygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 18:30   Link #2100
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Rematch of 2010!!

To be honest, the Dutch had it coming. They had mostly scored goals from stationary position (corner, penalty), or from Robben's pace. To counter, Argentina sent up Mascherano to man-marking Robben, and there is barely any chance left on open play for the Dutch. Then just need drill on set piece and Dutch strike force is nullified
This, and I saw it coming a mile away. Robben is pretty much the only star player we have right now. Van Persie deflated quite quickly after his epic goal against Spain and Sneijder has sucked ass since the beginning, and only got lucky with his goal against Mexico.

Quote:
Both teams were crap at penalty through
How so? They got them all in, we had two stopped. I'd say that makes us far worse than them (and we're not exactly known to be masters at penalty shootouts in the first place. It is, and probably always will be, our biggest weakness).

Hopefully, Hiddink (who will take over Van Gaal's place as coach when he leaves) can finish where we left off in four years from now.