AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 01:50   Link #21141
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Found a Raven name: Waldron, meaning 'Powerful Raven' Fitting for an AXE yes?
Old 2008-03-03, 01:51   Link #21142
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
This, is SPARTA!!!!

*Kicks tshouryuu down a pit.*
*grabs ATC's leg tightly as he's falling down the pit, pulling him down as well*
Quote:
Quit yer blubberbellying. I'm doing extensive research right now to ensure this gets done RIGHT.
[skeptic]..... Riiiiigggghhhttt[/skeptic]
Quote:
(In fact, it's been an hour and I'm still just researching nomenclature into the animals related to valkyries... namely: Wolves and Ravens. I haven't even constructed an OC name propper for her yet.)

Incidently, I believe Lind's base name was one of the non-major valkyries, Hrund. I'm contemplating making it Linda, but that's exceptionally close to Lindy and would draw some confusion.

I could make it Rind, but that makes little sense to me. Rand or Randy is out, as that sounds like a guy. 'Rund' ... Roond? Rond? Rhonda? Round?

Stretching it something fierce and playing accent wars, I could make it Haruna. That's so far out in left field it's not even funny...

Playing accent wars more, the D could sound like a T... Rant, Rint Runt, Lant, Lint, Lunt, Loont...

Why does Lind need to be one of those names that's hard to rebuild?

I'll be back, I'm going to expand my methodology and look around.
You just fill me with dread....

Edit: Hmmm... You're defying expectations.... for now. Let's see how you pull off her abilities and angels.

Edit 2: Actually the name of Lind's base name if I'm not mistaken comes from a giantess from Norse Mythology

Last edited by tshouryuu; 2008-03-03 at 02:12.
Old 2008-03-03, 01:53   Link #21143
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Found a Raven name: Waldron, meaning 'Powerful Raven' Fitting for an AXE yes?
Waldron....

Will take a little getting used to, but yes, I think it does fit for a Axe weapon
Old 2008-03-03, 02:02   Link #21144
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Well, Italian is based off of Latin, so it's easy to confuse the two.

Ah. Well, I'd say no then .

In other news, here's the pre-scene to Episode 03. Once again, I have to ask if my translation is right .

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha 03, Scene 0:

Once again, you have delivered!

-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
One good and one evil?... this is going to be fun
Well, they aren't the Gemini Sisters for nothing.

expect some hot yuri-twincest action.

*runs*
Old 2008-03-03, 02:09   Link #21145
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Cool Mint and Spear Mint (Or Spearmint) will be harder because Cool Mint, is essentially just a play on the flavor name while Spear Mint is actually based off the true plant. Both have their play in Chewing gums. Cool Mint Gum and Spearmint flavor gum... Feh. Angels named after chewing gum flavors. Anime naming trope in effect. What else is new?

*Ponderfies.*

I'm going to have to get to the roots of Mint in general. (Pun not intended.) To see if I can come up with something. Back in a nano...

EDIT:
**ONE NANO LATER**

Okay, couple of different ideas.

Cool and Spear Mint as angels are a combination of friend, protection, and booster... so I can go different ways with this:

1 - Two barrier Jacket modes. Details to be made if I go into it.
2 - Twin Familliars al la Admiral Graham.
3 - NOT twin familiars, but two different familiars. (Say, keeping with the animal theme, one is a wolf, one is a bird.)

Going into more diversified territory.

4 - Wingmates of her 'squadron.' (At this point her squadron is Thanatos, she is Thanatos 1. Thanatos meaning 'messenger of death'.)

5 - Two other Intelligent Devices. (Imagine a mage with three devices...)

What would everyone want to go with? Pick a number.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-03-03 at 02:55.
Old 2008-03-03, 03:44   Link #21146
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

In other news, here's the pre-scene to Episode 03. Once again, I have to ask if my translation is right .

"Ever heard of dreams so real, that if you died in one, you'd die in real life?"

"Had one too many."

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
---- Alpha ----

We look forward to seeing you next week!

And moar tentacles? I think I'm gonna start getting nightmares too...

Can hardly wait!
Old 2008-03-03, 04:01   Link #21147
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
I'd go with this option. I don't know; maybe we need moar OC twins?
Old 2008-03-03, 04:04   Link #21148
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*Staggers in*

OMG -___- More stuff to bust/read? ZOMG Episode 3 pre-scene?

Kagerou, sorry wasn't able to get on MSN, Boss sits behind me and watches me like a hawk. Will try to get online around 1230 Local /0430GMT/2330 your time. (Still in Georgia, right? )

And OMG did I just bust BPHaru?!?! O_O What the hell was I thinking?!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-03, 04:05   Link #21149
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Okay then. Be forewarned though: I'll read Alpha when I finish reading all the other stories I promised a few others I'd read first *looks at immense "To read" list* Which will be in a while...
Take your time.

Quote:
AHAAHAH! Got it!

Research in the Scottish name shows I can make it Lynn. And extended name search on Wolf based on the Volkhswagon Lupo (Car theming) lead me to a page with just about every name that means wolf. I came across 'Bardou' (English) meaning "Ax-Weilding Wolf"

Plus some others, here's a quick quote.

The Ayame is certainly Japanese... And since I can't choose whether I want an Ax wolf, or a demon princess wolf... My writer's skill says take them ALL!

So I think I've just created Lynn A. Bardou. (Lynn Ayame Bardou)

Now I just need to name her device after something 'Raven' With out directly using Raven if possible. (The device is most certainly an AXE.)
*raises hand* Question: Judging from the evolution of this name, do you think that there's a good chance that this is where the name Beowulf came from?

Quote:
(At this point her squadron is Thanatos, she is Thanatos 1. Thanatos meaning 'messenger of death'.)
To be exact, Thanatos alternatively is the name of a Greek Daemon, or the Death Impulse, according to Freud.
Old 2008-03-03, 04:16   Link #21150
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's what any of the sons of Cadia would've done. Speak the truth.

After drawing lots, I'm now bumbling through Rebuilt chapter 1. I've got plot, but no ability to write it nicely. I can't even capture the smell of a burning desert!
Old 2008-03-03, 04:19   Link #21151
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It's what any of the sons of Cadia would've done. Speak the truth.
More like a Haxbuster, but Son of Cadia sounds more grand. Even if I can sense 40k vibes.

Quote:
After drawing lots, I'm now bumbling through Rebuilt chapter 1. I've got plot, but no ability to write it nicely. I can't even capture the smell of a burning desert!
Kha, something is wrong if you can capture the smell...

Incidentally, for deserts: always drink a shitload of water, and overhydrate by drinking till you're full, then drink some more. This was what SEAL Team SIX learned their first time on desert trekking. Also, do NOT drink whiskey right after coming out of the desert. Unless you're Erick, a single shot will KO you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I'd go with this option. I don't know; maybe we need moar OC twins?
Mikhail Dortniz: "Twins make EVERYTHING better!"

First impressions of the Gemini Sisters: zomg yuricest ftw. Will bust in full later.

.....oh god, there goes my weekend AGAIN! ;__; I can't even play SRW OG1.

... I'm on Mission 35, taking my time. Why?

Grinding on Ingram's R-Gun is sooo fuuuuuuun. Fitting that the first person to hit Level 40 is Kai with JET MAGNUM. Damnit, now I need a PS2 and OGs for GESPENST KICKU goodneess...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-03, 04:23   Link #21152
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
We the OCrians salute you.

Quote:

First impressions of the Gemini Sisters: zomg yuricest ftw. Will bust in full later.
Indeed. Twins make everything 100% BETTER.

*is killed by Agnes' Aqua Javelin*

Agnes: ara, ara.
Old 2008-03-03, 05:22   Link #21153
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
More like a Haxbuster, but Son of Cadia sounds more grand. Even if I can sense 40k vibes.
That was the whole point.

Quote:

Incidentally, for deserts: always drink a shitload of water, and overhydrate by drinking till you're full, then drink some more. This was what SEAL Team SIX learned their first time on desert trekking. Also, do NOT drink whiskey right after coming out of the desert. Unless you're Erick, a single shot will KO you.
I'm trying to capture the smell of ash, sun-burnt concrete, sweat and gunpowder, as well as many other components of a desert fire zone to better immerse the reader. Maybe I'm trying too hard to keep with the standard here...

And yeap definitely. If I were Erick's doc I'd still give him an earful for that.
Old 2008-03-03, 05:59   Link #21154
Jimmy C

Quote:
I'll spend a little side time and make an OC Lind. Expect her to be Craxxed. (Combination of Crack, and Haxx.)
I'll be watching this closely. Expect me to come down on you hard if you show any disrespect to my favourite manga title.
I never considered porting the AMG goddesses over. I feel the mage limits in Nanoha wouldn't do their abilities justices.

Quote:
Cool and Spear Mint as angels are a combination of friend, protection, and booster... so I can go different ways with this:
Try soulmate, that's what angels are. The closest thing in Nanoha would be Unison Devices. But having two of them would call down the Haxxbusters so fast it wouldn't be funny.

That suddenly made me imagine a Unison Device with MPD. With different abilities available depending which personality is currently dominant. Anyone who wants to run with it can do so, with my blessing.

Quote:
Acceptable, if rather bland. Keeping the "twin" motif while making them unique could be quite a challenge.

Quote:
3 - NOT twin familiars, but two different familiars.
No go. Let me ask you something, how powerful do you intend her to be, S, SS, SSS? Supporting a familiar takes a lot of a mage's Linker Core output. Look at Fate fight in StrikerS, do note that she's doing that while supporting Arf at the same time. Supporting two familiars means even less magical energy for the mage to use herself. That's not acceptable if you're creating a frontline combatant.

Quote:
No need to imagine, that's Hayate. Schwekruetz, Book of the Night Sky, Rein 2, and that's not counting Rein 2's Book of the Blue Sky. But she's SS.
This looks promising, if you can deal with the "twin yet unique" challenge again.

Quote:
4 - Wingmates of her 'squadron.'
Not integral enough to her. Even more bland than the Barrier Jacket idea. Not worth pursuing if you want to be faithful to Lind's concept.
Old 2008-03-03, 06:14   Link #21155
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I know this is off-topic, but since we're all Cadians, this is our anthem!
Old 2008-03-03, 06:17   Link #21156
Aaron008R

*crawls in*

Sorry. No time again.

In fact, I don't think I can move much for this entire week. I need to set some things straight in school. GenerationS Chapter 1.3 is also experiencing a holdup as well since I inserted another combat scene, not to mention giving Hayate some proper props in her battle plans since I almost let my foot slip into the 'Canon carries the idiot ball' mistake...

And I guess there's still a lot of reworking to do after all. >_< I guess it might end up with a 15k or higher word count. And that's just two or three unequal-length scenarios...

I'll be adding two more sections as well for moar Tesla and a summary of Tiara's functions... I also have to rework a couple of scenes... And also tone down on the HAXX... And I have to make absolutely clear Hayate's overwhelming output compared to Aurion...

Ugaahhh...:eye spin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
Grinding on Ingram's R-Gun is sooo fuuuuuuun. Fitting that the first person to hit Level 40 is Kai with JET MAGNUM. Damnit, now I need a PS2 and OGs for GESPENST KICKU goodneess...
Hey, I could provide you with OG2 if you'd like(), since it also has Gespenst Kicku!. (Trust me, it's Righteous HAXX and does NOT disappoint there!) Though you'd have to unlock the Gespenst Type-S first...

Nice job on the Busting, BTW! Justice be done.

*crawls out yet again*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-03-03, 06:41   Link #21157
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looks like deceptively small breakers, for whatever reason, are in fashion.
Well, I got around the problem by posting my breaker piecemeal through multiple edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Kai: KAKOI!!!

Battle-Brothers: In the name of the Kaiser, we commandeer these vehicles!

Makes me imagine the GN-X with Power Weapons and wards while glowing with a divine white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Deshou ne? I still can't believe critics panned Dual! so much. It's like a fanservice version of Tsubasa Chronicles by putting so many works into one funny package.
Or the most common comparison, "Tenchi meets Evangelion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Wow thank you! I thought I did a very poor job with that portrait as most of the pictures were almost a decade old and low in res... That gif especially.

I loved D too! As always, I found myself torn between the Tsundere and the Silent one!
It's the sentiment that counts... I can't even find some decent Dual pics

And D all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
I tried to be true to myself here, especially with membership to The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture Genshiken (and completely ignoring Darco and Lingo on both sides of the 4th Wall...)

Like the OC that inspired him (notice that both are called Kha), he's a bit hard to miss even though he's in the Tech dept. And he's not a Gary Stew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Now Cyclone stick is officially H4xx. Just helped my team pwn with that on Omniknight. Random item build, but the Cyclone help me control and spam heal, then MKB + Heart tanked the rest.

*notes down*

Hardly use Omniknight, but I think that build I can use on Sven as well (whom I just spent the last half hour killing with... until net got disconnected )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ok, here goes....

Spoiler for Visiting Day - Part 4:

Well, this part was pretty big, I read it several times, so I think I fixed most of the errors

Anyway, lots of fluffy moments here and there
And, is it me or does Koji look more mature in that picture?
(Or maybe I drew Cinque too loli-like )

Next part, you know what's going to happen next: The conversation with Scaglietti and more Koji development, and also a chance for Maren to comfort him

Until then, enjoy this piece
*runs*
Like Kha mentioned, WAFFY Duck indeed

But out of all the scenes with Nove and Maren stalking, "He's into "that"" was the most OMGWTFBBQ AWESOME

And somehow, that image of Koji patting Cinque has made him look even more PIMP than he already is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[Dante]

"Just nice, what's going to happen next is for adults only..."

[/Dante]
We're old enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Snipers have always been the most hated people on the battlefield, apart from those idiots who have the gall to commit vile atrocities on and off the field.

But poor Lockon. Hope he's okay...somehow.
That depends on which way that muzzle is pointing

And I think Lockon will be okay, though obviously won't be in the best shape

Quote:
This just fed me so much crack, of which half were already half-hatched in my books.

*RUNS AT LUDICRIOUS SPEED*

I can see what you mean

*RUNS*

Quote:
Yare yare SO much backlog has piled up

*Calmly goes into Cannon stash*

*Browses for a while*

*Smiles and gets into position*

POSITRON CANNON FIYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
... never put such a killer arsenal in Fuyu's hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora
There's an OC named SKANE?!!!!!???!!?!

One of the earliest OC creations actually, though he eventually got forgotten

Correct

Quote:
Why are you happy?!
*whistles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora
Please explain?
You want the long version or the short one? Nah, I think I'll provide both:

Spoiler for Short Version:

Spoiler for Long Edit Version aka My Name is Lowe:

And that's the gist of it

Quote:

Because that is what I do.

Now quit comming on to me like that...

My, aren't you aggressive

I see, so you have intentions to do me off the 'chair'...

What strange taste you have...

Yeah, that would mean that he's going down sweaty, rough and hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
"Sweetcheesium?" So we invent variants of invented words now?
It's a Kha original term

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
The amount of crack in the thread is immense... Stay away for a day or two and you'll drown in it...
And so it has for eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu
I can think of two creatures offhand that may be stupid courageous enough to endure that hammer. One is a cross between a white rabbit and a spider, the other is a certain aqua-transsexual .
I know the first one... what's the second though?

Quote:
LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
THE GEMINI SISTERS

Freya (left); Aura (right)

Spoiler for history:

AURA

Spoiler for introduction:

Spoiler for personal information:

Spoiler for power:

-----------------

FREYA

Spoiler for introduction:

Spoiler for personal information:

Spoiler for power:

----------------

Spoiler for Dancing Fairies:

Poseidon's profile is a bit harder since I have to start from ground zero. his profile may have to wait.
And the Gemini's finally make their Rebuild appearance... though, aren't those the former Gale Sisters? Guess they're gone now

Anyways, nice to see they retain their... essentials, while giving them the Lamia themed weapons, and Freya now has a renamed signature attack!

And yes, more questionably intimate Combos FTW!!!

*runs*

Quote:
I'll spend a little side time and make an OC Lind. Expect her to be Craxxed. (Combination of Crack, and Haxx.)
... THIS MUST HAPPEN NOW

Quote:
EDIT:
**ONE NANO LATER**

3 - NOT twin familiars, but two different familiars. (Say, keeping with the animal theme, one is a wolf, one is a bird.)

Going into more diversified territory.

4 - Wingmates of her 'squadron.' (At this point her squadron is Thanatos, she is Thanatos 1. Thanatos meaning 'messenger of death'.)

What would everyone want to go with? Pick a number.
If I really were keeping to the theme of Lind, I'd pick out Liingo's twin Unison devices.

Yes, H4XX. But, since they're twins, my idea would be to have each UD be complementing opposites of each other: ex. Fire and Water, Light and Darkness etc... That way you can have both without being too H4XX about it.

Or, you could even have a single Unison device but with two aspects of the same base program, something like a more balanced and more refined version of Liingo's "MPD Unison Device" suggestion.

*shrugs* It's all up to you now though.

Quote:
Just read that one, and yes you did. And it was most well deserved busting

*salute*

Outer Cadia is proud of you son

Quote:
Exactly the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
Actually, it will have a smell... or at least, a faint sensation that the olfactory system can pick up, like the desert heat or the scorching sand.

Quote:

First impressions of the Gemini Sisters: zomg yuricest ftw.
TRUTH

*runs faster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I'll be watching this closely. Expect me to come down on you hard if you show any disrespect to my favourite manga title.
I never considered porting the AMG goddesses over. I feel the mage limits in Nanoha wouldn't do their abilities justices.
Yep... AMG Goddesses are H4XX beyond anything the Nanohaverse can dish out... heck, they're top tier H4XX beyond what most other fictions can dish out

Quote:
Aaah the GL/300 AMV, the best one out there

S&W: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mai: ...

Yes, you will.

S&W:

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-03-03, 06:47   Link #21158
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Okay, it's time for some Tigercrack.

Remember, this is the first draft, and I've spent what is probably that last... *Looks at clock.*
Oh dear... Six hours and forty minutes on it. Has it really taken that long?

Sheesh...

Spoiler for Lynn!:

Oh, and on that Note from Jimmy on Twin Familliars, I read it, but I was already pretty much done, so I'll leave what I've got in this draft. I did make a minor alteration to see if it can be gotten away with under technicality.

As for now, time for bed... G'Night. *THUD*

Spoiler for Unleashes Video power...:
Old 2008-03-03, 07:13   Link #21159
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Cinque in all shapes and forms, are mostly just herself. She has a very strong, stoic personality in combat/missions aka she takes it seriously, but otherwise has always been just the calm, cool and caring sister-personality, whom pretty much gets along well with everyone since she'd fit right in with the more rigid elders and the comfortable younglings.

Kinda like Due, only difference is that Due's cruel and unrelenting toward enemies, but a loving sister to the sisters, while Cinque is 'cool'. ;_;

That being said, Keroko has a good point. Being a nice character who walks the middle line of interaction with characters is one thing, but the basis of the moe~ vulnerability thing => pat on head is kinda not so good. It's abrupt, in a sense, even if it's Koji. -_-

I can see Cinque is respected by many

Quote:
[Portuguese] Muito Obrigado[/Portuguese]

Thank you

You just spoke in my mother language...

Quote:
That's the Tatakau Tsubasa Special
Oh, I see

Quote:
Hmmm... You mean like this?

Naisu!

Quote:
Absolutely it. And Nove's & Maren's reaction is PURE FLUFFY WIN. *thumbs up*
Thanks

Quote:
*thumbs up* Excellent, as always. You have character interaction down to a science, and it shows. And the sketch is very cute!(But Cinque does look a little small...)
Yeah
I'll do better on the next one
(Yes, there's still another scene with Koji and Cinque, it's a flashback scene in the following part)

Quote:
"Sweetcheesium?" So we invent variants of invented words now?
I guess so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The mangaka of Holy Lights and Shina Dark.

Let's just say whenever you write, I keep visualizing it in his art and moe-style.

Might as well show a demo. Oh, and it's getting an anime by SHAFT, directed by you know who soon. -_-

http://www.onemanga.com/Shina_Dark/
Hooh...looks very interesting, thanks for showing it

Quote:

wicked

Quote:
Oh, nicely done

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Like Kha mentioned, WAFFY Duck indeed

But out of all the scenes with Nove and Maren stalking, "He's into "that"" was the most OMGWTFBBQ AWESOME
Yeah, just as planned

Quote:
And somehow, that image of Koji patting Cinque has made him look even more PIMP than he already is

Quote:
You want the long version or the short one? Nah, I think I'll provide both:

Spoiler for Short Version:

Spoiler for Long Edit Version aka My Name is Lowe:

And that's the gist of it

Wow, what they say is true...real life can be wierder than fiction

Quote:
Spoiler for Lynn!:

Oh, and on that Note from Jimmy on Twin Familliars, I read it, but I was already pretty much done, so I'll leave what I've got in this draft. I did make a minor alteration to see if it can be gotten away with under technicality.

As for now, time for bed... G'Night. *THUD*
Nice OC
Lots of statistics too

But you forgot rank AAA, which would be 7 in score, making X an 11 (which would be reasonable, since X is 'off the charts' )

*goes back to reading Shina Dark*
Old 2008-03-03, 07:14   Link #21160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

What the- ?!

*goes to check FF thread*

GODDAMNIT !

I spent just 5 hours playing DOTA in school and now I missed the chance to slam Haru !!

THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR !!!

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~

*Several pills later...*

One piece of advice though, next time, do your best to keep it short and summarized.

Haru's attention and comprehension span isn't his strong points.

*Grumble grumble...*
Closed Thread