AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-04, 03:05   Link #21281
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
@Lowe:

@Thread: G'niiiiight~ I'll be taking my leave for now. Will be back in around 7-9-ish hours
Old 2008-03-04, 03:34   Link #21282
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Perfect Cherry Blossom Stage 2 remix (COOL&CREATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes indeed

Someone write the appropriate scenario now

Quote:
And of course, have him meet up with Master Sanshiro
In before epic battle for the legendary King of Heart title.

*cue exploding mountains, flying debris, crashing waves and hotblooded tears of burning courage*

Akira: Shishou and his former student fighting each other in the manliest battle of all?!!!! THIS FIGHT SHALL SHATTER CONTINENTS!!!!
Touma: *is speechless and cries manly tears*

Yeah, that's about it.

Quote:
Ishida's still at it eh?
Mai: .....

he refuses to learn his lesson.

Ishida:

Quote:
Outer Cadia: The Land of the Free, and The Home of the GREAT

*salutes*
*follows suit*

Quote:

Think UNLIMITED DRILL WORKS are just for those with Spiral Power and OTOKO NO TAMASHII O MOERU?!?!?!

Spoiler for Think Again:
this fluid is the fluid that shall pierce through the heavens !!!

Ahem.

Now what if Outer Cadians get our hands on this substance.....

Quote:
... Touhou and Aria in a single snippet?!
Let the madness show begin!

*goes to post this at fanfiction thread*
Old 2008-03-04, 03:35   Link #21283
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Okay... back to Cadia Activities!!!

@ Fuyu: here's a WIP of the archer i've promise to rebuild.

Spoiler for WIP: The Salient Archer: Rurika:

@ Fuyu and Thread: any comments so far?

===

@ Thread: who was the guy who has Yuuno working in a special ops unit?

I was wondering if you can apply this to him at least?

Spoiler for AlternateS I Spoilers:

Spoiler for Cracky Idea:

*rows gondola away*
I really am cursing myself for spending 5/6 of my day without any possibility of using a computer now...bah. At least I have my sketchpad and my crazy little brain.

The Dei-system appears...very interesting, to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT THINGS LIKE THE SHIPPING WAR:

I have never, and will never approve of blackmail against writers of any kind. Whatever that is, as I do in all things of grave importance, I advise some discretion and caution in whatever you guys wanna do, alright? I'm behind you all and everything (although I'm not of much use in busting, I hate hitting people in the face unless I have the right to.)

Yeah, so good luck guys!

Spoiler for past experience:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MY WORK:

- Sketches are completed with the exception of Hudson, due to my fussing over his expression. It just wasn't mad enough for me. To make up for that, I did dump Ariel in somewhere.
- Spells for 3 OCs will be out by nightfall down here, which is 3.5 hours from posting time, along with full powered sketches.
- Major writes like fics will have to wait in the face of an impending assignment on Christopher Durang's "The Marriage of Bette and Boo". It's hilarious and all, but it takes up a lot of time...
Old 2008-03-04, 04:29   Link #21284
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Here's an update...

Spoiler for Lynn:
That Futureweapons Narration sounds like its describing Alucard instead of Lind.
Quote:
Spoiler for History:
hmm... she survived an accident that caused the abandoned part of midchilda... any ideas on what caused it? That incident should have a name at least since the area was rather massive. Incidentally, I think I know why there is an abandoned area there and the reason has basis in canon.

With that much aggressiveness in her, and the single mindedness, I'm surprised that she actually managed to get into the enforcers. Combat ability is one thing but her tactics basically consists of blitzing an opponent. Also she seems like a lone wolf and won't work well in a team. From your description, she almost seems like a berserker in combat. These are hardly traits that suit an enforcer. Seriously, passing the enforcer exams with combat ability alone seems extremely unlikely. Its more likely she'll get washed out of the program instead of succeeding. Also, her "training", even if its purely physical, is more likely to kill herself first...

The Shock Enforcers idea is interesting but creating a unit just to utilize her is hard to compute. My reasoning is this, the TSAB did not make such a unit to put Caro in and before Fate stepped in, Caro was only useful in all out destruction. What makes Lynn so special that they would do this? Frankly speaking, Caro with her summons is a lot more fearsome then Lynn.

Next, question is, when was this unit created? If it was before strikers, where the hell were they when Jail attacked with the Cradle? If it was after, what was Lynn doing?

You may wish to spend a bit more time rethinking this.
Quote:
Spoiler for Unisons:
The first problem I have is this. Agito is a genuine Ancient Belkan Unison device and certainly not created in an illegal experiment. If it were that easy to make Unison devices, Mid Childa would have been flooded with chibis and those scientists that were studying Agito won't be studying her at all. Iirc, even Jail expressed some minor interest in wanting to study Agito once.

Next, starvation. This is an interesting problem... can a device actually starve to death? Another thing. Why throw them in a cage and not seal them for future study in the future or utilize them separately? For that matter, since their so worthless, why not completely destroy them?

You mention that Lynn was sent in. If so, I'm very surprised that there was anything left to salvage or that the facility was even standing, let alone having 2 workable devices completely intact. You mentioned that an enforcer told the two unison devices about Lynn and her past... I didn't know that personal information of TSAB personal can be so freely distributed...

Also, it is canonical fact that Unison devices do not in anyway increase the power of a mage. They provide Mana control and assistance according to circumstances as well as emergency countermeasures but not power increase. As such, dual unison in this case is superficial.

Quote:
Spoiler for Combat Abilities:
As Lynn puts her equipment through a lot of stress, its more likely that her device would be a storage or armed device but this is just a nit pick.

Raven Call: Doing away with this ability might be actually better. Its much cooler if someone manages to disarm her and she delivers that epic line. "Weapon? You've misunderstood. That's not a weapon. That's safety equipment. As long I was using that... your safety was guaranteed."

Mjolnir Strike: This is extremely overpowered. Its basically a 1 hit, 1 kill attack...aka Oscillating Breaker on major steroids.

Gungnir Strike: ....

*tshou reads on...

I give!! Everything is Haxxed!!!

On another point, you missed a few of Lind's abilities...

Quote:

Spoiler for Waldron Talking:

PHYSICAL PROFILE ATTRIBUTES 9 (SS-)
Strength 8
Stamina 10 (She just keeps going, and going, and going...)
Speed 9
Reflexes 9
Dexterity 9

MENTAL PROFILE ATTRIBUTES 6 (AA-)
Intelligence 6
Wisdom 4
Judgement 8
Decision Time 9
Creativity 3

MAGIC PROFILE ATTRIBUTES 7.3 (AAA)
Magic Capacity 8
Recovery 8
Max Discharge 6

COMBAT PROFILE ATTRIBUTES 7.7 (AAA)
Magical Attack 10 (Exclusive Barrier Breaker Magics As Common Attacks!?)
Magical Defense 3
Battle Option Variability 3
Melee Attack 10 (Single strike kill moves?!)
Melee Defense 8
Stress Management 10 (H-H-H-H-HARDCORE!-core-core...)
Skill 10 (DOUBLE HARDCORE!)

BEHAVIOR PROFILE ATTRIBUTES 6 (AA-)
Compassion 1 (She cares for the innocent, but don't get in the way, or you'll get flattened.)
Loyalty 9
Submission (To Authority) 9
Confidence 10 (She WILL win, you WILL lose. This is not oppinion, this is 'fact'.)
Charisma 1 (A little too serious most of the time.)

OVERALL 7.2 (AAA-)

Spoiler for Unison Boosts:

X - IMPOSSIBLE (INSANE) - 11
SSS - PHENOMINAL - 10
SS - SUPREME - 9
S - EXCELLENT - 8
AAA - GREAT - 7
AA - VERY GOOD - 6
A - GOOD - 5
B - ABOVE AVERAGE - 4
C - AVERAGE - 3
D - BELOW AVERAGE - 2
E - POOR - 1
F - NON FACTOR - 0

There's a minor change to her history to show that it was more physical training than magical training in there so we don't have to worry about her stressing her linker core completely out. Mmmkay?

End justifies the means, feh!! Her abilities are extremely haxxed....

I have to agree with the others who said its a good try. Lind is too haxx to try and port over. If you want to use this character, you need to tone down her abilities. A LOT.

Anyway, about your evaluation guide on mage ranking, have you actually tried it on a few canon characters to judge its accuracy?

@thread: A question to you guys. Precia Testarossa, iirc, was exiled for causing a dimensional incident on Mid Childa. How likely is it that the abandoned sections shown in StrikerS is actually caused by that incident that she caused?
Old 2008-03-04, 04:54   Link #21285
Jimmy C

Quote:
Believe it or not, many people researching something they want, or for someone else, are narrow minded, especially the criminal types.
If you insist, you can go ahead. But I still think it's a bad idea to have their creators consider them junk. At the least, they ought to be maintained because someone else might be interested in a pair of UDs...

Quote:
This one I did forget, compatability. I suppose I could close the links of fate a little more and say Cool and Spear were designed based on information gained from stolen data on Lynn.
Please don't. I facepalmed when they revealed that Ginga and Subaru were adopted, then revealed that they actually were based on Quint's genetic data, making them blood-related after all. I strongly recommend avoiding such roundabout connections between characters. I'd rather you have Cool Mint and Spearmint be TSAB projects than that. And I like that idea less than your current one.
Anyway, that would contradict you opinion that the researchers were focused on a goal with narrow objectives. If they really were, they'd be making a UD designed to be compatible with their backer, or someone of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
You too can buy your own stash of ferro fluid at USD150 per liter. Magnets and control systems sold seperately.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-03-04 at 05:30.
Old 2008-03-04, 05:58   Link #21286
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quick backlog buster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
See for yourself:

Awesome! Now, to proceed to the actual part ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I actually don't care about my age. I was just role-playing. No hard feeling, PF.
None taken.

Quote:
Hmm. Now you bring it up, we haven't seen his scrawlings here recently. *looks for Liingo*

Quote:
That's...actually a noteworthy thought. You have once central conspirator, who pulls all the strings, and the others just...go about their conspiracy, with no idea who's alongside them.

A good idea. That way, if one gets caught, the rest can carry on without it damaging the "process" any. Hmmm...something to remember for later. *evil grin*
I'm guessing that no one has noticed that GuardianS is supposed to be set that way?

And to top it off ...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Ah. Well, I'd say no then .

In other news, here's the pre-scene to Episode 03. Once again, I have to ask if my translation is right .

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha 03, Scene 0:
This Gravemind is really starting to tick me off ... HANDS OFF NANOHA!

Ehem, that got better than me. We'll just wait impatiently for the release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
After drawing lots, I'm now bumbling through Rebuilt chapter 1. I've got plot, but no ability to write it nicely. I can't even capture the smell of a burning desert!
The smell of a desert ... ?

I don't think you can actually smell anything, since your nostrils will probably be stuck by sand, but if you do want to smell it ...

Spoiler:

Not sure if it helps, and whether it fits whatever is in your mind.

Quote:
You want the long version or the short one? Nah, I think I'll provide both:

Spoiler for Short Version:

Spoiler for Long Edit Version aka My Name is Lowe:

And that's the gist of it
Some of my relatives went through this as well, and I must say that it was heart-breaking. Even though I understand that one day we would have to live independently, the relationship should be maintained. Ending a relationship with your family is like killing your own roots, and damage yourself more than you can ever think.

In any case, good to hear that your sister has finally returned, and broke off relationship with He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...we have another Malaysian here? Or Indonesian? Or Singaporean?

Malaysians are somewhat overrepresented here in Outer Cadia; USB500's one of the prime purveyours of crack and yuricest (if he isn't yet, he will be by the time we're done with him), FieryAeon posts here and there, Phoenix Flare writes epic lenght, and I haxbust and make OCs and do "Hard" military-style writing.
*cough* That stereotype is amusing even as it is incorrectly held by the majority. *cough*

I guess that means that we're the mold-breakers?

=====

@Thread: Putting two issues into discussion:

1. What is the general perception of a "Limiter System"? Does it work by limiting the output of a mage without interfering with the mage's reserves, or is there another explanation on how it works? Does it form a barrier around the Linker Core that basically filters a mage's output?

If it is in the form of a barrier, can the same thing be fashioned out of magic (i.e. a barrier that locks around another mage's Linker Core), or technology, or both?

2. There are various energies in the world. What does the thread think about "thought-energy"? This does not translate into psychic powers or mind-reading, but simply energy that arises from a person's thoughts, feelings, and emotions. In GuardianS, there is plan to place a character with a Rare Skill that is able to harvest this form of "energy" to boost his or her magic. There is limitless possibility with the boosting capacity, but of course, there are limitations as well: (1) the energy generated by thought is much, much, much lower than that of an actual Mana (i.e. 1/100 of an actual Mana energy equivalence), so a lot of people have to combine their thoughts in order to generate substantial boost in magic; (2) the range of harvest is limited (author's limitation); (3) the mage using this Rare Skill is placed under severe mental stress (author's limitation), the overperformance of which can kill the said mage; (4) positive or negative thoughts actually create different implications in the magic boost - negative energy channels into major destructive powers, while positive ones help in boosting the intended effect of a spell (particularly healing ones).

I know that 2 and 3 are basically non-actual limitations, but if this can be done, the limits will be there. I'm using the same strategy again in which I'm asking that the thread trusts that I'd be observing the HAXX limits. <.<

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-03-04 at 06:13.
Old 2008-03-04, 06:00   Link #21287
Aaron008R

Just little peek.:3

@Lowe: 'Gago yun, a! Buti nga sa kanya! Anyway, good luck to your sister and your familiy in raising your new imouto. I hope she grows up well

@Kagerou: I've been reading the latest installments. And it's all from me! I love the fight scenes the most!: And it's awesome to see Glen and Id actually in synch. Carym and Genya's parts were And Nanoha's dreams are really getting over the top!

Good work! More power!

@FlameSparkZ: Welcome back! And those are AWESOME comeback scenes as well. To that pic of Koji patting Cinque's head! But my favorite bit there was Jealous!Maren. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
[SPOILER="Return comments on Cecile"]I saw it coming...my experience with timing is not entirely good enough. Higher rank you say? *changes*
Actually, it was rather self-based since I had Aurion casting spells real fast due to his devices being extra-fast processors...

And Rank+ for the girl is good.

Quote:
No offense, but I coughed at the "Subaru and Teana are AA ranked skill wise" thing. Maybe that's because my standards for combat skill are a bit nuts.
It's okay. but considering flying grunts that are supposed to be A-ranked...

Quote:
Spoiler for Return Comments for Olivier:
Noted.
And that old guy really starting to sound scary...

Quote:
Spoiler for Return Comments for the Pair:
Will be waiting.

Flinging electric cables?>.>
Throwing around microchip bombs?<.<

Anyway, the details I was asking about is more on skills.

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply Comments for Medorach:

Quote:
Tyrfing: Still in one piece, I assure you...barely, of course.

I smell something. Do you?
It can go both ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Ceh, you people know me too well. >_<
Of course.

Quote:
Well, it's purely a subconscious spur-of-thought idea, so it's kinda very bare... but if I were to say something, basically, it's the typical semi-amnesia story, though with only very few parts of Aurion's memory blocked on purpose, and it revolves around Aurion's search for the parts of him he lost while being 'leaded' around towards a path back towards being the Heartless Ace, while Hayate's part revolves around uncovering the mystery of 'something' which unknowingly to both of them is the one leading Aurion down back to the past, and also her emotional growth to save Aurion.
Sounds EPIC! mustresist mustresist mustresist mustresist

And I can actuall see that happening too...

Uwaah... I'm glad I made Grandis or it might have ended up like this...

Quote:
Actually, it's work better as an Aurion/Signum story now that I think about it, since constrast is actually a better recognative example... of which Aurion descends deeper, while Signum becomes more open.
It might. But AurionXSignum = DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

Anyway, teaser? :3

Spoiler for Teaser. :3:

Thanks to PF for letting me borrow one of his Hayate's spells.

I decided to post my most recently-made action scene here.>.>
Anyway, to the others, are the performance and power-levels here acceptable?<.<
I tried to regulate a lot. And this is one of the instances that Hayate gets an advantage.>_<
Do her actions here have any glaring flaws? Any suggestions/criticisms?

Oh. And for a bit of fun.

Spoiler for smaller piece:

Apparently, Tesla might have overdone Hayate's training once or twice...

*runs*

A little treat. Almost 2000 words of spoiler. :3

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-03-04 at 20:23.
Old 2008-03-04, 06:11   Link #21288
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

@Aaron: White Storm, in the exact same spelling as Leona's own (different effect, though )! And Hayate pulling off a stupendous double-trouble with Calamity Wall . And maybe I've forgotten to mention this, but Calamity Wall isn't stackable/cannot be layered, or otherwise it'd become HAXX. And the drain from every single cast equals that of a full-powered Hraesvelgr, even if the defensive power isn't much (can't give Hayate too much advantage of strong protection and free spell launching :3).
Old 2008-03-04, 06:17   Link #21289
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post

@Aaron: White Storm, in the exact same spelling as Leona's own (different effect, though )! And Hayate pulling off a stupendous double-trouble with Calamity Wall . And maybe I've forgotten to mention this, but Calamity Wall isn't stackable/cannot be layered, or otherwise it'd become HAXX. And the drain from every single cast equals that of a full-powered Hraesvelgr, even if the defensive power isn't much (can't give Hayate too much advantage of strong protection and free spell launching :3).
Thanks!

And don't worry. Calamity Wall isn't likely to appear after that since I also thought it's very taxing due to possible abuse. I better add your details as well. Though I guess it's alright that at least a single Break Impulse was repelled with cracks, right?

Thanks for the input!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-03-04, 06:22   Link #21290
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Too Aaron: damn it! That was an intense story! And did Hayate just turn The Nile? poor Tesla, having been "backstabbed" when she expected it the least.

Now, if only I could draw some of the OCs (or any SRW characters) in Undine uniform... >_> <_< coughexcellenandlamiacough

Well, I'm off for now. See you guys tomorrow.
Old 2008-03-04, 06:24   Link #21291
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Would explain the lack of long range weapons

Quote:
Gambatte, "Warera no Ken"
Er... Who's sword?

Quote:

Think UNLIMITED DRILL WORKS are just for those with Spiral Power and OTOKO NO TAMASHII O MOERU?!?!?!

Spoiler for Think Again:
This is interesting... Now to ensure this drill can drill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
@thread: A question to you guys. Precia Testarossa, iirc, was exiled for causing a dimensional incident on Mid Childa. How likely is it that the abandoned sections shown in StrikerS is actually caused by that incident that she caused?
I totally agree. In fact, in Rebuilt, the vast destroyed areas were attributed to her, resulting in her exile, but she's not completely at fault, as revealed in arcs before StrikerS. I'll recap it for you guys in Rebuilt episode 1 as Kha will be explaining to Erio how Fate, the Plaguelands, and even the Cleric himself, all came to be.
Old 2008-03-04, 06:59   Link #21292
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In before epic battle for the legendary King of Heart title.

*cue exploding mountains, flying debris, crashing waves and hotblooded tears of burning courage*

Akira: Shishou and his former student fighting each other in the manliest battle of all?!!!! THIS FIGHT SHALL SHATTER CONTINENTS!!!!
Touma: *is speechless and cries manly tears*

Yeah, that's about it.
THE EAST IS BURNING RED!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Mai: .....

he refuses to learn his lesson.

Ishida:
More like:

Mai: ...

Mokyou Hakaisuru.

Quote:
this fluid is the fluid that shall pierce through the heavens !!!

Ahem.

Though it'll be quite a messy substance to use

Quote:
Let the madness show begin!

*goes to post this at fanfiction thread*
[/QUOTE]

And the MADNESS continues, this time with more Touhou and Aria goodness accompanying the... thickening plot?

And bets on who actually survives this stage play

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You too can buy your own stash of ferro fluid at USD150 per liter. Magnets and control systems sold seperately.

Interesting

Quote:
And to top it off ...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare
I don't think you can actually smell anything, since your nostrils will probably be stuck by sand, but if you do want to smell it ...

Spoiler:

Not sure if it helps, and whether it fits whatever is in your mind.
I think that works

Quote:
Some of my relatives went through this as well, and I must say that it was heart-breaking. Even though I understand that one day we would have to live independently, the relationship should be maintained. Ending a relationship with your family is like killing your own roots, and damage yourself more than you can ever think.

In any case, good to hear that your sister has finally returned, and broke off relationship with He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.
Especially here where family is most sacred, yup it's somewhat akin to suicide. You won't believe the bad blood my sis stirred up in the family while she was away

Which is why it's a good thing she's now returned and has cut off all ties with the guy

Quote:
@Thread: Putting two issues into discussion:

1. What is the general perception of a "Limiter System"? Does it work by limiting the output of a mage without interfering with the mage's reserves, or is there another explanation on how it works? Does it form a barrier around the Linker Core that basically filters a mage's output?

If it is in the form of a barrier, can the same thing be fashioned out of magic (i.e. a barrier that locks around another mage's Linker Core), or technology, or both?
From the way it was protrayed in the anime, I think the filtering option would be the best way to put it. Basically just a "valve" so to speak that would forcefully limit the maximum output out of the Linker Core to a certain amount, and as we see the amount of power limited can be controlled.

The way I see it, the limiter inside the mage itself is primarily magical, given the linker core's nature, but controlled through magitech like how Carim and Chrono unlocked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Lowe: 'Gago yun, a! Buti nga sa kanya! Anyway, good luck to your sister and your familiy in raising your new imouto. I hope she grows up well
Talaga

And on whether we raise her well... lemme get back to you in 20 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R

I tried to regulate a lot. And this is one of the instances that Hayate gets an advantage.>_<
That's a Teaser?

It's more like WIN and AWESOME, with an almost even match between Hayate and Aurion there Wish to see more please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R

*runs*

... this piece could be deconstructed and interpreted in so many ways it's making my head spin

Though I know which version I'm interpreting it as

*runs faster*

Quote:
Er... Who's sword?
The Sword that protects the Sorceress of the Void of course

*RUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-03-04, 07:09   Link #21293
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Only when it adds up.
I see

Quote:
Just asking first and putting the reminder in. You sent in a pretty high average character.
Yep
Again, without Maren, he'd be more focused on the physical part than balanced in both physical and magical attributes.

Quote:
Explains the high Loyalty to comrades perfectly. But you see how well that profile system really works. I didn't read anything on your character but that score sheet, and I developed a character profile.

Quote:
**Random 'SWEET!' moment.
I was watching my vid and paused it right as Lind catches Hilde coming out of her portal, and in the frame it stopped on you can actually see that Hild really did catch the blade with her fingers. I just looked at it in Adobe, and it's only eight frames. But sheesh, attention to detail! NICE.
Yeah, I get moments like that sometimes

Quote:
You saw right.
I thought so

Quote:
Better, much better.
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I see you're still dangerously interested in those type of girls

Which is a good thing, I didn't collect the wrong types...

Quote:
Here's an update...

Spoiler for Lynn:

There's a minor change to her history to show that it was more physical training than magical training in there so we don't have to worry about her stressing her linker core completely out. Mmmkay?

Spoiler for ends:
Yeah, I see what you meant

Quote:
Lind, is a Valkyrie Goddess from Ah My Goddess. In AMG, she's cannonically the most extreme warrior goddess in heaven. As an example of how strong she is... as soon as she arrives on Earth during the angel eater incident, she gives the situation and instructions. Urd, Skuld, and Peorth don't go through their normal character routines for such a situation, they IMMEDIATELY hop to it with looks of fear on their faces, as if even a delay on her orders would anger her.

For the OC I've modelled after her so carefully, the stats are... weak compared to what Lind is truely capable of.

Think of her as Heaven's version of Master Chief.
Wicked

Quote:

Spoiler for Think Again:
Wicked!!

Quote:
@FlameSparkZ: Welcome back! And those are AWESOME comeback scenes as well. To that pic of Koji patting Cinque's head! But my favorite bit there was Jealous!Maren. XD

~~~~

Ok, while I was writting the next part I came up with this unusual theory

Spoiler for Mana Addiction:

How does it sound?
I think it needs work
Old 2008-03-04, 07:12   Link #21294
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Personally, I think it is a software limit. There is, apparently, already a software limit by default in a mage's Linker Core that keeps him from going above 60% - the core instinctively refuses to go higher to prevent frying itself. When you (it is not clear whether you MUST use a device to access this) force it to go higher, that's called "Full Drive" (according to the Japanese in the DVD booklets).

So, a limiter can be easily, painlessly and safely implemented just by working with that natural instinct.

Quote:
2. There are various energies in the world. What does the thread think about "thought-energy"? This does not translate into psychic powers or mind-reading, but simply energy that arises from a person's thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
Frankly, what's the difference b/w this and magic. Why don't you just say. My guy sucks magic out of people around him, and then write out all your limitations? Same technotactical effect.
Old 2008-03-04, 07:32   Link #21295
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Well, I'm back for some quick night reply.

@Jimmy C: really? Didn't know it's affordable.

=================

Quote:
THE EAST IS BURNING RED!!!!!!
*cries hotblooded manly tears*

Quote:
More like:

Mai: ...

Mokyou Hakaisuru.

Quote:
And the MADNESS continues, this time with more Touhou and Aria goodness accompanying the... thickening plot?

And bets on who actually survives this stage play

*runs*
1: Yes, as every good fairy tale dictates, the plot thickens. Will our Beauty Gondolier Cinque reveal the secret of Master Mondial the Masked Man and get back home before it's too late?

*sees audience fume in hatred at Erio*

Or will our Imotou Hakurei & Irui Kirisame wreck havoc instead?

*sees audience back away in terror*

Need to ask FlameSparkz if he's watched ARIA, because I think I'll request for an Undine Cinque.

2: Real Men?

*runs*

Quote:
Especially here where family is most sacred, yup it's somewhat akin to suicide. You won't believe the bad blood my sis stirred up in the family while she was away

Which is why it's a good thing she's now returned and has cut off all ties with the guy
Well, it's more of a sin to sever family tie. Trust me; I've always had issues with my stepfather but don't want to break up with him after considering this fact.

Quote:
From the way it was protrayed in the anime, I think the filtering option would be the best way to put it. Basically just a "valve" so to speak that would forcefully limit the maximum output out of the Linker Core to a certain amount, and as we see the amount of power limited can be controlled.

The way I see it, the limiter inside the mage itself is primarily magical, given the linker core's nature, but controlled through magitech like how Carim and Chrono unlocked it.
*takes note*

Quote:
That's a Teaser?

It's more like WIN and AWESOME, with an almost even match between Hayate and Aurion there Wish to see more please
Indeed. More Hayate/Aurion please.

*runs before Aaron gets the idea wrong*

Quote:
... this piece could be deconstructed and interpreted in so many ways it's making my head spin

Though I know which version I'm interpreting it as

*runs faster*
How?

*runs*
Old 2008-03-04, 07:37   Link #21296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Does a kendo master rank an S mage? I think not.
... and this compares to Lynn... how? A kendo master isn't capable of SS rank feats, flawed comparison.

Lynn could be seen as the reverse of Hayate, and even Hayate is SS ranked as befitting her power. Ranking Lynn AAA even though she is capable of SS ranked melee feats (and from the profile, on a casual basis) AAA rank is simply unnaceptable.

Quote:
To propperly rank something, an entire scale must be functional. You may not find mages with power levels of SSS, or mages ranking an actual SSS state, but you will probably come across people who rank nothing short of just plain PHENOMINAL in certain attributes. Out of 27 attributes, Lynn ranks a natural PHENOMINAL in five areas, mostly related to hand to her close combat ability. But she's a triple A mage.
No it doesn't. It has always been a general rule no to touch the SSS rank. Why? Because we do not know how powerfull SSS rank is. For all we know SSS is close to Arc en Ciel level power. Are you saying that Lynn has the stamina to match a weapon that had to be placed on a warship?

SSS is not accepted, pasting that on an atribute would make her godlike in that attribute in comparison to the rest of the TSAB. Remember, the Aces are the cream of the crop, and even they don't have a SSS popping up somewhere.

Guess I'll bust the rest while I'm at it.

Quote:
It was unfortunate that the accident that resulted in the Abandoned City on Mid Childa killed her parents and left her orphaned before age eight.
Concidering it is suggested those ruins are the remains of the last war, that would make Lynn at least 150 years old.

Quote:
So intense was this training in fact, that she had been hospitalized three times and told not to continue. But she did anyway. By the time she was old enough to take the Enforcer exams for the TSAB, she had built up such an astounding tolerance for pain and exhaustion that she didn't win her combat challenges by skill, but by simply bullrushing her instructors and ignoring spells that quickly escalated into actual combat ranges.
The fact that she can 'ignore' spells is already disturbing me. If she trained 'torturously' to increase her Linker Core, it would have caused stress and permanent damage.

Quote:
Twin Unisons, Cool and Spear Mint:
Created by illegal means, the twins Cool and Spear were one of many immoral magical experiments, much like Agito. Luckly, their nature was actually a failure. What had been desired in this experiment was a unison that was capable of handling two polar opposite elements at the same time, in order to compliment the user. What occured was the opposite magics repelled each other, and instead of one Unison, two were created that shared a deep bond. Considered unworthy of any study, they were discarded to a cage, told they were simply useless, and left to near starvation.
Agito wasn't created by an illegall experiment. Anyway, why on earth would they simply discard the two as 'unworthy for study' just because it turned out slightly different then planned? If anything, this would have increased the desire to sudy them.

Quote:
It might have been an act of fate that saved them when the TSAB ordered a full scale operation on the remote facility, lead off by Lynn herself.
In the chaos of her attack, Cool and Spear could only watch as Lynn mercilessly demolished any semblance of defense and obliterated ressistance. They were later rescued by the unit of Regular Enforcers who then searched the facility.
When they asked who the 'divine one' was that had so effortlessly won the battle, they had been told about Lynn and her past.
Inspired by Lynn's incredible display and life story, they decided they too would prove they weren't just useless as they had been told, and asked if they could go to train with her.
As one who appreciated such fortitude and determination, Lynn accepted the request... It took three years for the Unisons to even come close to being 'useful' on the battlefield, but they never gave up, eventually forming a comradery with Lynn that many mages through would never happen with the Shock Enforcer.
... Right, so information about the leader of a special Enforcer unit is just randmonly given to a pair of Unision devices? That doesn't sound believable at all.

Quote:
Their abilities are rather unique. By themselves, Each reprisents an element of Unison Magic, Cool controlling Ice, and Spear being Fire. They can unison normally with any mage in this way and provide the same power boost and elemental bonus abilities. But what hadn't been expected, was the ability for twin unison. Normally, only one unison can occupy a mage, but the twins' unique bond allows them to unison together and with a mage. Their elemental powers cancel out however, but the power boost the mage recieves makes up for this.
Unision Devices can't just 'Unision with any mage' they need to be compatable.

Quote:
- Raven Call (Logistic/Tactical): Lynn can summon Waldron from anywhere. And we mean anywhere. Whether it is calling it to her side in battle, calling it from the corpse of a fallen enemy, or summoning it from a pool of magma, Waldron obeys, and materializes in her grasp.
Casting time? Mana required? If there is anything StrikerS showed us, its that mages can't just 'summon' their devices.

Quote:
- Mjolnir Strike (Contact Offensive, barrier breaker): *Pronunciation 'MUOLL-neer Strike' *
Concentraiting magical energy into the swing and leading blade edge of Waldron, the most common magical attack Lynn has at her disposal is nothing short of getting straight to the point at maximum force. The blow it unleashes cleaves through solid steel armor over meter thick, and shatters concrete on contact. Barriers and shields mean little to this strike, often shattering immediately on impact, leaving the mage on the recieving end to deal with bone crushing force with little more than the protection of their barrier jackets to save them.
A common attack that can tear through barriers? Let's not, shall we?

Quote:
- Gungnir Strike: (Contact Offensive, weapon throw, barrier breaker, semi-guided.) When Lynn decides to let go of Waldron, it's usually as dangerous as when she's holding it. Instead of along the axe blade, the magical energy concentraits along the spear like head at the end, and Lynn throws the whole device like a Javaline. Waldron then flies under its own intelligent magical guidance to place itself on target. The results are often just as terrifying as the Mjolnir Strike, usually shattering barriers and pinning forces to the wall. (Those that survive.)
Amusing, Tesla has a Device called Gungnir, and her ultimate attack, Sturmzeichen, works similarely. However, it is a cartridge gulping, mana consuming ultimate strike. And you're telling me Lynn can do this casually? While breaking barriers? Does the notion of 'balance' even come to mind?

Quote:
- Odin's Wrath (Non-Contact Offensive, Projectile, Wide Area): The only true projection attack in Lynn's personal arsenal, but it's a monster. A swing from her mighty axe using this attack, and Lynn unleashes a devastating blast of air capable of destroying heavy structures with ease.
Depending on the way she swings her blade, she can divide large bodies of water, cut office buildings in half, or take out innumerable foes in a wide arc in front of her. If she winds back with her axe well outside of melee range, get out of alignment with her swinging arc... FAST. However, since the attack isn't concentraited force, it is much easier to defend against with barriers. Though many times, this may just be a distraction for a closing move or as a method of dealing with cannon fodder level enemies.
... I don't think I even need to comment on this. You do realize that to accomplish a feat like this, the main cast would have been spamming cartridges like mad, right?

Quote:
(NOTE: Lynn's Focus on Bare Handed techniques, and the comment on 'safety device' are homage to the manga Lind, who makes the epic comment after Hilde removes her axe from the fight. "That's not a weapon, THAT'S A SAFETY DEVICE!")
And Lynn is already far too powerfull with the axe. Imagine that.

*sigh* I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the abillities. Suffice to say that Lynn is grossly overpowered, especially for someone you so neatly ranked AAA. This is S-rank at the very least.

Quote:
You know, Kha taught Yuuno how to treat Nanoha's wounded circuits as the boy persisted in asking him... So... You made me think of Yuuno mana transfering Keroko.
Yuuno met Keroko before he met Kha, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Where was this? The only thing close to this that I can recall is Jail gloating that the Cradle "destroyed the old world". Which I took to mean it wiped out a previous civilization.
Jail in episode 19 describes it as 'that which in the old days created a world, and then destroyed it' true, this is rather ambigous, but the Cradle is a Lost Logia. Last I recall a few Lost Logia the size of pebbles could destroy a world, do you really think a Lost Logia warship wouldn't be able to?

Quote:
Keroko, do you still have the intel pics of Sol?

please post if needed- i'm still rummaging for Peiroth (sp?), Sgirune and the third one in my SoS folder...

Quote:
Spoiler for Cracky Idea:

*rows gondola away*
Because the Scrya familly is a familly of archeologists. Let's keep it to canon.

Quote:

We've seen Nanoha kicking ass, repeatidly. We've seen Fate whiping the floor with enemies, over and over.

But now, it's Hayate's turn!

Quote:

*runs*

Hayate being stuborn does that. "What, you don't think you need melee?" *whack* "Still think you don't?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Personally, I think it is a software limit. There is, apparently, already a software limit by default in a mage's Linker Core that keeps him from going above 60% - the core instinctively refuses to go higher to prevent frying itself. When you (it is not clear whether you MUST use a device to access this) force it to go higher, that's called "Full Drive" (according to the Japanese in the DVD booklets).

So, a limiter can be easily, painlessly and safely implemented just by working with that natural instinct.
In other words, Linker Cores have a biological safety limit? That's new information, and very interesting.
Old 2008-03-04, 07:56   Link #21297
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Actually, it was rather self-based since I had Aurion casting spells real fast due to his devices being extra-fast processors...

And Rank+ for the girl is good.
Oh, I see. How many pages back was that, now?

I slowed them all down by almost 2 seconds or so, and Black Immolation by 4, how's that?

Quote:
It's okay. but considering flying grunts that are supposed to be A-ranked...
Ashcroft: *grimaces heavily, but restrains himself*

Xena: There, there...*pats him on the shoulder*

Quote:
Noted.
And that old guy really starting to sound scary...
*Did you read the PM already?* Hmm....

Quote:
Will be waiting.

Flinging electric cables?>.>
Throwing around microchip bombs?<.<

Anyway, the details I was asking about is more on skills.
You kiddin' me?
No way would I ever do something like that.

Quote:
From the likes of it, you seem to know who he just took down in my writings.

Quote:

*runs*

As someone said before, that is NOT a teaser. That is some...crazy fight scene! With all these scenes flying around, I'm gonna have a hard time starting out with this kind of a yardstick.

Aurion's very skilled, thanks for the tip-off on his powers and his reactions in combat. Impassive, clinical and PURE INTENSE WIN.

Now, if only I could make a much older man just as crazy as Hayate in keeping him, although the sight of two guys jumping around all over the place, and a *snip* year old creaseface streaking around as though he were still 19 or something is so hilarious I could laugh if there weren't so much at stake in that fight.

LOL

Spoiler for PM:

Quote:
I totally agree. In fact, in Rebuilt, the vast destroyed areas were attributed to her, resulting in her exile, but she's not completely at fault, as revealed in arcs before StrikerS. I'll recap it for you guys in Rebuilt episode 1 as Kha will be explaining to Erio how Fate, the Plaguelands, and even the Cleric himself, all came to be.
That's not a good justification for your answer, but I'll overlook that over the impending EPIC/CRACK/WINof Rebuilt...

@Keroko: Here goes H4xxbusting right out of the Magic and Tech Thread, yeah?

---------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY! THOSE SKETCHES! YESHHHH...MY ACHING HANDS...

Spoiler for Sketch 1:

Spoiler for Sketch 2:

It took me a while to draw these, so bear with me.
Spell List COMING RIGHT UP!

*deep breath* Keep breathing the crack Keep breathing the crack Keep breathing the crack...
Old 2008-03-04, 08:06   Link #21298
Jimmy C

Quote:
@Jimmy C: really? Didn't know it's affordable.
Well, that's what someone said on the comments of that youtube video. I have no confirmation, or any idea who's selling.
Old 2008-03-04, 08:39   Link #21299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

I knew it

Btw check you pm, I there's a present I want to give you... I have it with me for quite sometime now, figure you might like it

I hope you still have a thing for mikos

Quote:

Impecabble timing as always master

*saves*

*runs*
You should help out too you know -_-

Quote:
So what's the next move then?

I don't know, I'm not her

Quote:

Why have one, when you can have two?

*RUNS FASTER*

Doesn't have to be twins though (Anybody still watch Rental Magica ) , but it does make things easier...

Quote:
Indeed
Be brave

Quote:
...You already know where, right down t-

*blood curdling scream*

*static*
Sigh...

Still young...

Quote:
...Now THAT's one unit I'd like to be assigned with

*RUNS*

Assigned to as the what?

Quote:
Wierder things have happened

That, I have to agree, despite not knowing what this sentence is in regards to
Old 2008-03-04, 08:51   Link #21300
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

I see...*takes notes*

Quote:
Need to ask FlameSparkz if he's watched ARIA, because I think I'll request for an Undine Cinque.
Nope, I haven't watched it

Quote:
In other words, Linker Cores have a biological safety limit? That's new information, and very interesting.

Quote:
I knew it

Btw check you pm, I there's a present I want to give you... I have it with me for quite sometime now, figure you might like it

I hope you still have a thing for mikos
Thanks
She's cute, but the tail could be a bit more fluffy
What kind animal is she anyway?

Quote:
Doesn't have to be twins though (Anybody still watch Rental Magica ) , but it does make things easier...
Yeah
I wonder if Itsuki is still looking for those rings

*goes back to work*