AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 07:06   Link #2121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Knock offs for launch titles, and SmartGlass, etc. instead of the 180's "one coherent vision". Paying the price now.
Sorry, what exactly does the above mean?

And Microsoft moneyhatting Platinum? I didn't even know they cared about Platinum unless... Vanquish?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 07:31   Link #2122
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
CBOAT also added that there might be a chance for console with no Kinect if things go to hell by March. It's near the end of his post. So everything depends on how badly the console sells in the next 6 months.
Wouldnt be surprised if that happens considering they already backed off making Kinect mandatory for the Xbox One to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sorry, what exactly does the above mean?

And Microsoft moneyhatting Platinum? I didn't even know they cared about Platinum unless... Vanquish?!
Basically he's saying the added features have staggered launch date (probably due to integration issues) which means the Xbox One will not be feature complete on release despite marketing itself as the one complete experience.

As for possible platinum games, it will be for the japanese market only which makes Vanquish an unlikely candidate. Probably Infinite Space 2 or some new IP i reckon.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:39   Link #2123
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Probably Infinite Space 2 or some new IP i reckon.
If Infinite Space 2 gets made, and is an XB1 exclusive... and JAPAN ONLY...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 13:04   Link #2124
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's good to see Platinum get off the Wii U and move on to next gen. I'm guessing Cboat means the game is Japanese centric/targeted and not talking about release.

Also heavy rumors of FIFA 14 being bundled with the Europe Xbone @ no extra cost to bridge the value gap, they would need something similar for USA.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 13:13   Link #2125
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also heavy rumors of FIFA 14 being bundled with the Europe Xbone @ no extra cost to bridge the value gap, they would need something similar for USA.
Pretty good move, though I wonder how effective it'll be logically.

FIFA 14 is launching next month in current-gen/PC, and if rumours are true, PS4 in October. An XB1 bundle with FIFA in November would be 3 months late.

It's true that FIFA being FIFA, it'll have long legs and sell well throughout the year, but it feels like it's the wrong time to make this bundle, the majority of the FIFA casuals won't be buying a console immediately for their FIFA fix.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-08-19, 13:46   Link #2126
Westlo
Lets be reality

It will be in time for X-Mas and FIFA is a monster of a franchise. M$ will no doubt spend a fuckload of money advertising the Xbone, they spent 500 million just for Kinect, while Sony spent 40 million on the Vita. A lot of Europe advertising will no doubt link FIFA 14.

I expect Madden for America.

PS3 is bundling GTA V this holiday.
Old 2013-08-19, 17:25   Link #2127
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It will be in time for X-Mas and FIFA is a monster of a franchise. M$ will no doubt spend a fuckload of money advertising the Xbone, they spent 500 million just for Kinect, while Sony spent 40 million on the Vita. A lot of Europe advertising will no doubt link FIFA 14.

I expect Madden for America.

PS3 is bundling GTA V this holiday.
I believe Madden may not became so successful as it been in past years in America. I love NFL, even then I will not be buying Madden for my next generation system nor past generation. EA Sports exclusive rights to NFL teams, stadiums, and players will end in 2013. EA is already in troubled water with the rumors of 80 dollar games and if they decide to push for a renew exclusive contracts, they will face more trouble with consumers. A monopoly is not good for gaming. I hope 2K sports take the initiative and prevent EA from denying consumers the right to choose an NFL game.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:58   Link #2128
Westlo
Lets be reality

Madden is still going to sell like hotcakes regardless and if anything who knows some competition might get it going again. Look @ EA's FIFA, was behind Konami's Pro Evo for a long time but has dominated it. Lack of comp stagnants companies, look @ WWE (the actual company), 2k nba and madden itself.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:56   Link #2129
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

MS, could you be any dumber?

FIFA 14 bundle with XB1 are pre-orders only? This holiday only?

Not only are you basically blatantly admitting that your pre-orders in Europe has been terrible even after 8 countries got culled from the launch list, you chose FIFA as the game that you're going to bundle in?

FIFA is like the ultimate 'softcore' gaming franchise. It's loved and played by millions, but a large chunk of that audience doesn't dip in console preorders. They're much more likely to buy a 360/PS3 version, which comes out a good 3 months before XB1 launches.

Old 2013-08-20, 05:05   Link #2130
Westlo
Lets be reality

Outside of COD there is no bigger franchise in Europe than FIFA..... (Prob COD > FIFA > Gran Turismo) to say it's only softcore people who play that is lolworthy. Lots of hardcore fans play sports games like FIFA, Madden and 2k.

FIFA pack in will allow them to go balls out in advertising the launch as well.

And if they count Australia as Europe (well we are PAL) the packin makes the Xbone cheaper than the PS4 here since there's only a $50 difference and a new game is like $100.

If Killer Instinct is legit (I have serious doubts) than I'm heavily considering getting a Xbone @ launch now. I'm already going to keep my XBL Gold active solely for Ultra Street Fighter IV on my 360 so I have to keep that in mind too.

That being said the MS conference was a joke, no wonder it didn't get streamed. Though hopefully the Sony conference has some good titles shown off. I'm obviously pro-Sony but I still stand by that in regards to games, MS had a better showing @ E3 (FF15 and KH3 being confirmed multiplat the day after kinda sealed that). I know Sony will deliver the goods in the end, but I'm more interested in Infamous than either of the 3 Sony launch titles, same with The Order.
Old 2013-08-20, 05:10   Link #2131
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's a huge franchise, yes, but we're talking pre-orders only here. Selling out your console pre-order is supposed to be the easiest thing ever.

I don't deny that FIFA is played by a lot of hardcore gamers, but FIFA is a weapon best utilised to win the larger, less 'day 1 console purchase' crowd, not to be used to gain pre-orders for a console that hasn't even launched yet. ( which will be bought out by the hardcore )

This would've been a huge deal if it was say... a 6-month bundle, or even a 3-month bundle after it gets released. A free FIFA only for pre-orders, and in Europe only is the weakest move anyone could use for a franchise like FIFA.

Old 2013-08-20, 05:18   Link #2132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The leaked video for Ubisoft's new Kinect fighting simulator might have unintentionally revealed the Kinect 2.0's weakness in lag time...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656063

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Trailer

Old 2013-08-20, 05:25   Link #2133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

It is telling that Fighter Within has no game footage in the trailer. That is always, always, a red flag.
Old 2013-08-20, 05:27   Link #2134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And the hits just keep on coming- This time with [Killer Instinct]

Quote:
“Killer Instinct” for Xbox One will be free to download with one free playable character available. Additional characters will be available for purchase starting at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each.

Players can also purchase special discounted character packages:

Combo Breaker Pack –– Save 50 percent instantly by purchasing the Combo Breaker pack,

- Includes the first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release) for $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99.

Ultra Edition – The Ultra Edition delivers the best value for “Killer Instinct” fans. Available for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99,

The Ultra Edition includes:

- The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)
- Character accessory packs
- Character costumes
- The original “Killer Instinct” arcade game
http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-ki
Old 2013-08-20, 05:30   Link #2135
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And the hits just keep on coming- This time with [Killer Instinct

I made this joke at 4chan /v/, saying that KI3 will probably launch with a few characters, and the rest will be post-release. I got fucking ragged on by someone who's probably a MS shill, saying that I was spreading lies and misinformation, damaging Rare's credibility, even though I said it was a joke.

So much for that joke.

Old 2013-08-20, 05:39   Link #2136
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

No release date announcement?
That's weird.
Old 2013-08-20, 05:47   Link #2137
Westlo
Lets be reality

It was pretty obvious KI was going to have a low amount of characters, only 4 characters revealed as of now and it comes out in 3 months. It's like people think fighting games are easy to make or something, they spend as much time on balance as they do making the game.

And original KI only had 11 characters, I think skull girls had 9 and that was $15 compared to the 8 here for $20.
Old 2013-08-20, 05:49   Link #2138
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
It was pretty obvious KI was going to have a low amount of characters, only 4 characters revealed as of now and it comes out in 3 months. It's like people think fighting games are easy to make or something, they spend as much time on balance as they do making the game.

And original KI only had 11 characters, I think skull girls had 9 and that was $15 compared to the 8 here for $20.
It wasn't the amount of characters, it was that some characters wouldn't be ready by launch.

Old 2013-08-20, 06:18   Link #2139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
No release date announcement?
That's weird.
At this point, MS is in danger of not knowing when their console would be ready to ship.

Here is what we know; Sony has PS4 passed FCC hardware certification in July. They also, according to leaks, finalised the OS 1.0 a few days ago.

However, we heard nothing about the Xboxone FCC certification. And without the certification, MS is legally not allowed to sell the console in the United States.

Has MS even delivered their blueprints to the FCC? If they haven't, they wouldn't know when the console would be approved, and as such they won't know when they could start selling.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:05   Link #2140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to retire within a year