AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-15, 08:57   Link #2121
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man, talk about contrived set ups. I hate it when conflicts and drama are built soley on misunderstandings. The whole problem could've been resolved if ZeroTwo was just able to talk to Hiro. It's understandable that Ichigo wanted to keep ZeroTwo away but the contrivance of Hiro escaping at exactly the wrong time, and ZeroTwo inexplicable interpreting his disappearance as deception and flipping out (because plot). I hate misunderstanding dramas. The writing had been pretty good until that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Incidentally, why is it that 02 gets a pass for actually being a possessive monster?
Because nobody is giving her pass? The show is very clearly screaming out loud that she needs to improve as a person and nobody is taking issue with it.

Besides, she wasn't even being that possessive this episode. She kicked the crap out of them more because she thought they lied to her than because of possessiveness. If anything Ichigo was the more possessive one, not like she doesn't have reasons though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While it's nice to have some confirmation of the double standard, I was actually kind of looking for a justification from people who don't seem to think there's a double standard at play here.
Because that double standard exists only in your head. Stop antagonising.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:03   Link #2122
Twi

It's not the show, it's the audience. A lot of people in the comments are not mentioning Zero Two's faults, instead focusing on Ichigo.

@Kuro
And yes, Nana can stop him. She has full authority over the Parasites barring APE and Dr. Franxx. You say that Hiro's going to escape to be with her... okay, I'm not going to deny its possible because its anime. But... how? On his own he has nothing to do it with. He needed Zero Two's pass to get through the barriers the last time he tried to disobey a direct order and she flew away. Unless he suddenly gained the ability to gun down soldiers and go after her by hijacking a ship, he's going to need some outside help.

And while I sympathize with Zero Two's past, like I have been saying, she's not that innocent little girl anymore. She knew what she was doing and did it for a reason (wanting to be human) and so she should be held responsible for her actions. She can't just get her way using brute force and because she wants it, and the show actually followed with that. Hiro called her out on beating up his friends and she acknowledge that it was her punishment.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:10   Link #2123
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
That's his current situation, before 02 left. Now she left, and will have to find a way or die trying.

Ichigo's actions outweighed 02's to the audience eyes. If Ichigo actually encountered them to talk but 02 still behaved like that I have no doubt people would be against the latter instead.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:13   Link #2124
Twi

Again, I'm not denying he's going to get back to her. I'm saying that he can't do it on his own. The show itself goes to great strides to point out that people can only do so much on their own. They need to work together. That's why they pilot in pairs and fight in teams, and why they have to coordinate to take down the bigger enemies.

He's going to need help.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:15   Link #2125
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well he has Goro and Kokoro on his side and if Ichigo gets in the way again there is Mitsuru too.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:17   Link #2126
Twi

That was before Zero Two tossed them around the room after they gave her what she wanted. I'd be very disappointed since Zero Two hasn't exactly been playing nice and they'd be helping him get back to someone who has tried to kill him and hasn't bothered trying to explain why to anyone else.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:21   Link #2127
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The first two have a better understanding while Mitsuru will is more likely to side with him regardless of the current circumstances, they have more faith on Hiro after all.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:25   Link #2128
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The first two have a better understanding while Mitsuru will is more likely to side with him regardless of the current circumstances, they have more faith on Hiro after all.
No one's a saint. They tried to meet her 1/2 way and she beat them to a pulp, including Kokoro. (Really, can you imagine Kokoro being a threat in hand-to-hand combat?)

There's no excuses for partner abuse. This title should not get those 2 back together. It would set a bad precedence for real life situations.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:27   Link #2129
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
And while I sympathize with Zero Two's past, like I have been saying, she's not that innocent little girl anymore. She knew what she was doing and did it for a reason (wanting to be human) and so she should be held responsible for her actions. She can't just get her way using brute force and because she wants it, and the show actually followed with that. Hiro called her out on beating up his friends and she acknowledge that it was her punishment.
The show hasn't explicit explained why ZeroTwo wants to be human but I think it's safe to infer that she's desperate to become human because she thinks it'll end the torture that is implied she's still going through. And I really don't think it's fair to hold people fully responsible for what they do under a legitimate threat of extreme torture.

But still, both of them do need a break from one another. ZeroTwo is in a horrible situation that has never been her doing but she has to find a way of making what little she has work for her own sake, because nobody else is coming for her.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:28   Link #2130
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No one's a saint. They tried to meet her 1/2 way and she beat them to a pulp, including Kokoro. (Really, can you imagine Kokoro being a threat in hand-to-hand combat?)

There's no excuses for partner abuse. This title should not get those 2 back together. It would set a bad precedence for real life situations.
And they almost succeeded if not for Ichigo.

Welcome to anime .
Old 2018-04-15, 09:29   Link #2131
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Am I the only one laughing at how ridiculous this entire situation is? Sure I understand it sucks to be 02 in this ep and Ichigo has legit reasons to be wary of her but damn.....the trainwreck is real
Old 2018-04-15, 09:33   Link #2132
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The show hasn't explicit explained why ZeroTwo wants to be human but I think it's safe to infer that she's desperate to become human because she thinks it'll end the torture that is implied she's still going through. And I really don't think it's fair to hold people responsible for what they do under a legitimate threat of extreme torture.
She said it was because she wanted to be with her Darling in the last episode and this one. In the last episode, she noticed they were different because of their blood after he got cocked with the gun to the head. In this one, she mentioned that she was doing it for him. In this episode, there's also a slight scene where she's talking to APE while the voice over mentions that she thought killing enough of them would move her to being human, which is the exact moment we see they told her the lie that led up to this.

And her turning human wouldn't stop the torture. After all, they'd have to figure out how she turned human in the first place when the previous samples they had (mentioned in last episode) didn't and that requires science.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:34   Link #2133
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Am I the only one laughing at how ridiculous this entire situation is? Sure I understand it sucks to be 02 in this ep and Ichigo has legit reasons to be wary of her but damn.....the trainwreck is real
If you're talking about how contrived the whole set up was, me and Kanon have highlighting it as well and I'm sure others have too.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:34   Link #2134
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The show hasn't explicit explained why ZeroTwo wants to be human but I think it's safe to infer that she's desperate to become human because she thinks it'll end the torture that is implied she's still going through. And I really don't think it's fair to hold people responsible for what they do under a legitimate threat of extreme torture.
She could walk away into the cold cruel world and possibly die as that society has been shown to be the only one in existence. Nothing is going to change her status. She was tested in her hybrid form, used as a weapon in her hybrid form and will possibly die in her monster form.

Beating up on the one team that actually liked you is not the way to go. She knew what she was doing. Saying humans are weak when they are the ones controlling your fate is pretty cowardly and not really learning the life lesson here. (Individually humans are weak, collectively humans are strong.) If she wanted to be aggressive, she had a whole base to destroy but didn't (Human collective would have kicked her a**.).
Old 2018-04-15, 09:35   Link #2135
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I think this development is cool

I mean, Hiro is attached to 02 because she gave him a raison d'etre by enabling him to pilot again, not because romantic attraction
In the first place, Hiro lost his piloting aptitude because little devil 02

So... Good riddance, monster

Now let's hope Hiro can pair with Ichigo by some miracle
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:37   Link #2136
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

I mean, Hiro is attached to 02 because she gave him a raison d'etre by enabling him to pilot again, not because romantic attraction

Well, there's always fanfics
Old 2018-04-15, 09:38   Link #2137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They all had legit reasons for doing what they did. Well, when it comes to 02, I'm not sure about "legit", but don't expect sanity from someone who's been raised as she has. Frankly, she's been a lot more patient than I expected her to be. She proved it in the end, she didn't have to take the squad's restriction. She could have forced her way in much earlier. It'd probably have turned out better, too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:38   Link #2138
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
WOW, the foreigners invaded the official twitter series to complain about the episode, does anyone know how was reaction of the Japanese?

As divided as those everywhere else. And loads of praise for Goro being the only real person with a brain

Many dysfunctional gems on the Twitter as well......Like that one guy praising the living shit out of the show one day and the next calling for Hiroshi Seko to be fired/hanged
Old 2018-04-15, 09:39   Link #2139
Twi

Honestly, I thought the episode was fine for the most part, but that's because I consider it a natural consequence of Episode 12 due to Nine Alpha feeding Ichigo information and Zero Two growing more reckless.

It's the fanbase that's the problem. I might be on board the Zero Two and Hiro / Ichigo and Goro train, but even I acknowledge right now that neither pairing is good for each other.

@ Anh
If she'd tried to force her way to him sooner, Nana would have had her tranquilized again and Hiro's not stupid enough to not grasp that to get to him she had to go through Miku, who was guarding the door, and the others. It would have been the same result.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:41   Link #2140
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

If it was that simple, then they could have just found the reason in her blood and give Hiro an antidote. I was thinking that the mindwipe prob had more to do with it.

I hope Hiro can pair with Ichigo also. That's prob now the only way he can help 02 is with his team behind him. Though really 02 burned her last bridge so we should just get beyond her and to the rest of the story and world setting. There's more to this than just Hiro x 02. I want to see more of Hiro and why he is considered "special". I want to see more of Mitsuru x Kokoro. I want to see where Kokoro and the baby book goes.