AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-14, 21:59   Link #21821
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

I have read a few of the scripts and I'm a little confused as to the nature of this project. Is this going to be a fan-made anime? Or a game? I thought it was written as a very good piece of fan-fic, but what with all the sprites, artwork and even CG shots have proved me wrong
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 22:11   Link #21822
Iaevuous

It will be a visual novel written on the Ren'Py engine.
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 23:43   Link #21823
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
so all this work is for a DEMO?

Sure hope the real thing will be for free....
Everything that's been posted so far will be in the full version, the demo is just so that there will be something to show for all the effort that's going into this. And as far as I know, this is going to be free. At the very least, I know I won't be getting any money for this.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 02:41   Link #21824
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Everything that's been posted so far will be in the full version, the demo is just so that there will be something to show for all the effort that's going into this. And as far as I know, this is going to be free. At the very least, I know I won't be getting any money for this.
Oh my. If this is gonna be anything like Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku for the PSP, I'll have to say that this is impressive. It's gonna need awesome game programmers, story writers and artists to pull this off, which from the looks of things, is already a given

If there's anything I could do I would offer my help, but seeing how I don't have much expertise in those areas, I won't be of much help
Old 2010-01-15, 03:23   Link #21825
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Bello Resurrectio:

Ohohohohohohohoho.

I'll get around to answering the backlog of posts I need to respond to tomorrow. For now, please enjoy the scene.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-01-15 at 20:25.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 03:46   Link #21826
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Bellus Resurrectio:
Kyon finally admits his importance as the center of the universe. This part made me smile

Quote:
Yet another mystery, yet another cliffhanger. Boy oh boy, you sure are good at 'em!
Old 2010-01-15, 07:56   Link #21827
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Normally, I'd complain about something like this, but it's probably in character in this case.

Quote:
Funny.

Quote:
Silly Kyon, that only results in comas... or broken bones.

Quote:
Well this is certainly an amusing twist on these.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-01-15, 09:38   Link #21828
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Yuki: Nagato's Apartment- No Way To Get Away:

Yeah, most of these need some work, but that's why I post them up here, and I have good news!

We're over the bloody hump! Now I can write about the characters I actually care about.
I've been away from this thread for too long, and now I need to play catch-up. ^^; But while I am catching up, I wanted to compliment you on your excellent writing. The ending is very creepy; I loved it.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 10:56   Link #21829
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:

Kyon: How many guys have you kissed?

Itsuko: There was the three back then... and the time when I did when he was asleep... and I suppose today counts... so... five?
OMG she kissed him while he's sleeping (@Itsuko: Good job)
Old 2010-01-15, 12:12   Link #21830
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I don't think she did... See, there was three she definitely kissed, then she said 'and the time when I did when he was asleep' to Kyon, which most probably meant she kissed another guy while he was asleep, and finally the incident today, making a total of 5 guys (Three dudes, Asleep guy, Kyon).
Old 2010-01-15, 12:49   Link #21831
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Pretty sure Kaisos said that one of said three guys is Mori o_O

Would the asleep one be Haruki? Or am I reading too much into this?
Old 2010-01-15, 13:57   Link #21832
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Pretty sure Kaisos said that one of said three guys is Mori o_O
I don't know that it was ever explicitly stated, but it has been pretty heavily implied, given Mori's (m) obsession with Itsuko and the Power of Love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
I've been away from this thread for too long, and now I need to play catch-up. ^^; But while I am catching up, I wanted to compliment you on your excellent writing. The ending is very creepy; I loved it.
Yes, you have been. The thread calls for more excellent Setsubuun!
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 14:39   Link #21833
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
You forgot already? Here's a reminder

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Lipstuck:
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Lipstuck:
Old 2010-01-15, 18:31   Link #21834
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Comments time.

Also, I did update the KOIZUMI Memories and 'Supermodel', if anyone's interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
'Dolus of Honey' is something you could expect someone to understand without knowing lots of Latin, whereas Dolus Mellis...is not.
It's actually sort of a play on words. "Dolus" is literally "fraud", but the word can also mean "trap". A honey trap, in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
So, as you can see, I just made a new archive post. CandaAotS vanished suddenly, so I took his place. Sorry, Canada, if you come back you can back to it if you preffer. J I copied shamelessly his post, because it was really good, and pretty. Just added the spoiler tags to make it shorther.
Heatth, you're a badass. Thanks for all the hard work.

Quote:
Also, about Itsuko's scene, I fell Kyon over describe her. It is a VN, so it is not really necessery as she have a sprite. Specially now Kaisos said he changed his plans for them. I also think she should say at last "hi" to Kyon first.
Kyon's overdescription emphasizes how hot he is for her. It stays.

Quote:
Of course this can change eventually in the course of the NV (this for all girls, I guess)
As soon as he's in a real relationship with them, yeah. Although he starts calling Kyonko "Nayuki" right off the bat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Of course, it could just be artistic license. Or that the Kiss of Death fires at subsonic speed (I was unable to find any information on its firing speed).
I don't normally do artistic license, except in the Memories sequences where I can do whatever I want, given who's narrating them.

And I'm relatively sure that, as an old and unwieldly weapon, the Kiss of Death is subsonic. Not that it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
I don't know what to say...
And I live for reactions like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous View Post
Or maybe it's not a firearm at all. Not sure how you'd sneak one into Japan.
Mori is paramilitary, Arakawa is retired military. It wouldn't be hard for either of them to get ahold of something like that.

It's Mori's, by the way. Why he has something that feminine I don't know, but...

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, cliffhanger sucks. Trolling authors are even worse.
Aren't they, though?

Quote:
I am pretty sure we are going to have a Tiger Dojo of sorts. Last time I heared something about it Kaisos and Danchou were still discussing who would actually be in there.
First death is on Day 6. And as for a Dojo-of-sorts, I'm currently considering Disappearance Itsuki and Haruhi. In fact, that's what I'll probably go with.

Quote:
For the "distinctive", I guess he was talking about the sound guns do in movies. I know it is not the same sound, but chances are Kaisos just don't care.
Don't real guns sound something like fireworks? In any case, Kyon DOES know what a real gunshot sounds like. He knows the most random things.

Haruki, on the other hand...

Quote:
I'm sure if the writers of the various routes had their way, he'd make it a lot farther than that.
I do believe I mentioned PG-13 sex, right? I think the only women Kyon DOESN'T sleep with are Mori and Big Mikuru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Itsuko was probably only using a regular tube of lipstick.
This. Perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I really love your Haruki, Kaisos. I may have to send him chocolates for Valentine's Day.
Make sure they're good chocolates. And try to get some shaped like alien heads.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, your Haruki is awesome, but I think it is a good thing he don't exist. He is complete dangerous jerk. You can't defenestrate people just for doing what you told them to do.
Sure you can. That's the Suzumiya way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
But I really doubt Haruki will kill himself straight after he found out his gender change. I mean, this is a mysterious event, one that he has been looking for all his life, and he immediately throws it all away by offing himself? A little weird...
You're correct, but that scene is fake anyway.

I still added a bit more justification to it, though. Give it a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Here, I have to applaud your restraint from making Itsuko yandere.
I will probably never ruin Itsuko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Maybe the Sunday supernatural hunt scenes could be extended to Haruki discussing music with Itsuko, if you know what I mean. But then again, things might be too obvious.
There'll be a flashback scene later in the Esper route dealing with Itsuko and Haruki, actually.

Quote:
I should hope that most are quite a bit longer than the first week, seeing as this is supposed to span most of the month. Saying the script is anywhere near 15% completed is probably too generous.
Most of the routes have less content per-day than the first week does. The first week is ALL flagbuilding and setup, which is why it's so bloody dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Sure hope the real thing will be for free....
This is a doujin. We can't sell this, as the copyright owners will kill us. It'll be free, although I hope to create an original VN in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Would the asleep one be Haruki? Or am I reading too much into this?
It's Haruki. Remember that time he was sleeping on the roof in Endless Eight? Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Yet another mystery, yet another cliffhanger. Boy oh boy, you sure are good at 'em!
Thanks. This isn't normal, by the way. I was just inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
I don't know that it was ever explicitly stated, but it has been pretty heavily implied, given Mori's (m) obsession with Itsuko and the Power of Love.
It was Mori, yeah.

Anyway, it would be great to see more speculation on where all of this is going and what it all means, but it's fine either way.

Working on the Kyonko scenes eventually.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-01-15 at 18:41.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:35   Link #21835
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Apologies for the non sequitur, but ... HOLY QUOTE POST, BATMAN! o_o ... ^^ Impressive.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 18:58   Link #21836
Iaevuous

From what I can tell, resurrectio is feminine, so shouldn't it be "Bella Resurrectio"?
Old 2010-01-15, 19:29   Link #21837
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous View Post
From what I can tell, resurrectio is feminine, so shouldn't it be "Bella Resurrectio"?
I have no fucking idea, I just stuck latin words I translated online together.

Sounds good, though. Thanks.

Changed.
Old 2010-01-15, 19:31   Link #21838
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Resurrectio would be a masculine ending, but that's not the real issue here. The real issue is that the word for 'resurrection' in actual Latin instead of Latinese would be Resurgum.

So you'd want Bellum Resurgum.
Old 2010-01-15, 21:24   Link #21839
Iaevuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Resurrectio would be a masculine ending, but that's not the real issue here. The real issue is that the word for 'resurrection' in actual Latin instead of Latinese would be Resurgum.

So you'd want Bellum Resurgum.
Huh. My source calls it "Ecclesiastical Latin 3rd Declension Feminine". It also offers "resurgum" and "anastasis" on the subject of "resurrection".

Anyway, what Ricky says is probably better. I'm still just learning the language.

The only dead-tree Latin sources I have are ones from school, which --- to paraphrase my teacher --- are illegally outdated.
Old 2010-01-15, 21:28   Link #21840
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I was after another word entirely, not "resurrection". "Resurrectio" just happens to mean "awakening", but looks like a certain English word... completely intentional, I assure you. Of course, I don't know how the language works, but...

Thank you both anyway.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan