AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-19, 21:52   Link #201
Gaizafaiz

Manly tears was shed. Sadaharu is definitely the best dog. Shinpachi did a great job.Facing his fear straight on even though many people dies in front of him. No wonder he became OP in the future. I thought the animation was good though. Is there any major changes from the manga?

Last edited by Gaizafaiz; 2018-08-19 at 22:12.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-20, 19:30   Link #202
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So they are actually catching up with the manga's latest arc (which is the final one too). Wonder how the will handle the next episodes considering we are right in the climax.

I think there was no censorship but the characters keep loosing blood like Bleach characters. Utsuro though is supposed to be immortal. I'll now keep watching the anime while reading the manga at the same time.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 00:58   Link #203
Gaizafaiz

@Mad Pierrot How many more chapters left to be adapt?
Old 2018-08-21, 10:29   Link #204
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Well, without spoiling, after this arc, there is another one. However, it appears to be shorter since Shueisha said the manga is ending in about 5 weeks. The length of this anime's season was confirmed though?
Old 2018-08-21, 10:50   Link #205
Gaizafaiz

??? I asked about the number of manga chapters left to be adapted.
Old 2018-08-21, 11:41   Link #206
thefreakmike

30 something plus chapters, no more than 40 for sure
Old 2018-08-21, 22:09   Link #207
Gaizafaiz

Is that including the last 5 chapters? And what chapter do you think this cour is gonna stop at?
Old 2018-08-22, 10:50   Link #208
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
Is that including the last 5 chapters? And what chapter do you think this cour is gonna stop at?
I don't remember now but I think these two next episodes might be the end of the arc. Maybe they'll pull an alternative comedy episode before ending the season.
Old 2018-08-26, 17:12   Link #209
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Be sure to watch until the very end this week. I didn't think the anime would reach this point so soon, but the fight against Utsuro just seemed much faster than in the manga where it felt like it lasted ages. They can't possibly finish this arc with the remaining number of episodes, but I have a good idea what the end of the season will be. Unless that comes sooner than I think as well.
Old 2018-08-26, 17:55   Link #210
thefreakmike

Guess its safe to assume the anime will have another cour, and the anime may as well conclude this year in December
Spoiler for manga:
They might as well just adapt everything in one go. My question is if we would get another OP & ED songs for the final cour, or stick with same songs but different visuals.

Well now onto Gintama: Final Fantasy!!
Old 2018-08-26, 21:42   Link #211
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Guess its safe to assume the anime will have another cour, and the anime may as well conclude this year in December
Spoiler for manga:
They might as well just adapt everything in one go. My question is if we would get another OP & ED songs for the final cour, or stick with same songs but different visuals.

Well now onto Gintama: Final Fantasy!!
I can see them adapting the epilogue as a movie than another cour. They're not that long and they can make "this time, it's really the final movie, guys!" joke.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-27, 15:54   Link #212
Blaat

So either the next few episodes will cover the entire timeskip arc, including the ending, or it will end at some point and we'll get the continuation through some special or OAVs.
Old 2018-08-27, 18:18   Link #213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Covering the next arc with the few episodes remaining is impossible. And I certainly wouldn't want to see them try, considering all the comedy gold moments they would have to cut.

I think a movie is pretty likely as well. Assuming the manga does end this time
Old 2018-08-27, 19:23   Link #214
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, I forgot about that Genkidama the cast put but the fact that Utsuro/Shoyo gave up rather than keep slashing felt like a good way to end the battle since it felt more significant to his character.

The manga will end during mid September. Wonder if the anime will finish nearly at the same time ala Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Old 2018-08-28, 15:10   Link #215
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Covering the next arc with the few episodes remaining is impossible. And I certainly wouldn't want to see them try, considering all the comedy gold moments they would have to cut.

I think a movie is pretty likely as well. Assuming the manga does end this time
Wouldn't say it's impossible but it would definitely feel rushed with lots of chapter skipping Anyway I didn't think of a movie, it's possible, but will they go for it with the live action movies doing well?
Old 2018-08-28, 17:28   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wouldn't say it's impossible but it would definitely feel rushed with lots of chapter skipping Anyway I didn't think of a movie, it's possible, but will they go for it with the live action movies doing well?
Why not? IIRC, the Be Forever Yorozuya movie did very well. It's not like they have to choose between one and the other. They can still make live action movies and an animated one.
Old 2018-08-28, 18:11   Link #217
thefreakmike

This certainly a milking I wouldn’t mind, even if quite unlikely it would be awesome if they get to adapt up to the Shogun Assassination and Farewell Shinsengumi arcs in live action. Again I know that is quite unlikely but everything is possible if they keep making money
Old 2018-08-28, 23:55   Link #218
Gaizafaiz

I don't know if it's just me, but the ending to Utsuro feels unsatisfied to me. The climax kinda seems off. I though that Gintoki gonna finish his duel with Takasugi first, before fighting with Utsuro. But it maybe just me. And it still doesn't explain about what Shoyou/Utsuro said that a monster cannot defeat monster, so you have to be a human to defeat a monster. Anyone care to clarify it to me?
Old 2018-08-29, 10:46   Link #219
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but the ending to Utsuro feels unsatisfied to me. The climax kinda seems off. I though that Gintoki gonna finish his duel with Takasugi first, before fighting with Utsuro. But it maybe just me. And it still doesn't explain about what Shoyou/Utsuro said that a monster cannot defeat monster, so you have to be a human to defeat a monster. Anyone care to clarify it to me?
This is just my point of view but Shoyo's hummanity surpassed Utsuro upon seeing his student to risk his life to defeat him. The fact that in the end Utsuro gave up might imply the human, Shoyo, won.
Old 2018-08-29, 11:17   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shouyo, unlike Utsuro, loved humans and held them in high regards. He believed they had the potential to surpass him. That's why he told Gintoki the blade of a monster couldn't defeat him, only that of a human.

There's also what was said in the Shinigami/Asaemon arc, about humans being the only ones able to save the souls of people who turned into demons.