AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-10-28, 07:05   Link #201
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Everytime they had to enter & raid a lair, Priestess had to get some goblin juices on her. Damn right you get used to it.

Ah, think of all the smelly trips home & frequent baths...
Old 2016-10-28, 10:59   Link #202
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Everytime they had to enter & raid a lair, Priestess had to get some goblin juices on her. Damn right you get used to it.

Ah, think of all the smelly trips home & frequent baths...
and why was she hasn't left GS is really beyond me.

Maybe she is secretly enjoying having goblin's juice drenched her body?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 11:28   Link #203
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

lol it must suck to constantly drenched yourself in Goblin blood.
The end of the chapter almost gave me shock that GS was going to mercy kill that elf only to reveal he was actually aiming for the hidden Goblin.
Old 2016-10-28, 13:52   Link #204
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yeah the final bit fooled me too, the story has some finesse at times.

Enjoyable chapter, this is like reading a very methodical "How kill goblin horde with out getting murdered, for dummies" Pretty fun read.
Old 2016-10-28, 16:15   Link #205
gocav

I really liked the campfire part. It came across in a comfy and jovial way when all we've seen so far is a dark and dangerous environment. I guess you could say it was like "a reason to smile, even in bad times" kind of way.

I'm also curious to see what he meant by "we'll be too late" when choosing to go to the left, away from the majority of goblins. I doubt the girl they found is still alive, so it probably is to prevent an alarm.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 16:25   Link #206
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocav View Post
I really liked the campfire part. It came across in a comfy and jovial way when all we've seen so far is a dark and dangerous environment. I guess you could say it was like "a reason to smile, even in bad times" kind of way.

I'm also curious to see what he meant by "we'll be too late" when choosing to go to the left, away from the majority of goblins. I doubt the girl they found is still alive, so it probably is to prevent an alarm.
she is still alive

she is saying "kill" over and over again.
Old 2016-10-28, 17:33   Link #207
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she is still alive

she is saying "kill" over and over again.
Since that turned out to be a trap I thought it was the goblin pretending to be her in order to draw them in. Looking back at it, her mouth is closed in one panel and open in another so she is alive.

Also, now that I think about it, we've never seen a goblin speak human language in this world.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 17:27   Link #208
darkofficer
just a devil

this is the first serie where the guild receptionist is a love intrest.
Spoiler for ...:

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 20:33   Link #209
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
this is the first serie where the guild receptionist is a love intrest.
Spoiler for ...:
I actually like her the most among the potential suitors. And I came well agree with your spoiler.
Old 2016-11-02, 12:13   Link #210
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I kind wish it showed us what she thought of her near death experience, why she started partying with GS and her reasons for doing so. It didnt show us any of the negotiation at all. All that happened was he saved her, and then she was parting with him next chapter. It felt a kind of empty part of the story.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 17:44   Link #211
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

It did show some of her thoughts & continues to do so every now & then from the last few chapters.

Like after she was saved, when they finished the raid, etc. Being the manga version, her facial expressions & visually focused upon too as she contemplates & struggles obviously troubled & faltering in her chosen path, sure it might be less detailed than complete mental monologues of the LN version but its there.
Old 2016-11-02, 18:05   Link #212
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There's a LN version?

Dammit.

No translation available I take it?
Old 2016-11-02, 22:33   Link #213
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
There's a LN version?

Dammit.

No translation available I take it?
Haven't read it yet but judging by the progress translator hasn't finished chapter 1 yet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 23:24   Link #214
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

LN license by yen press.
Old 2016-11-03, 00:17   Link #215
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
LN license by yen press.
three books so far, with a surprising main story line hidden in between linking them all together.
Old 2016-11-03, 01:05   Link #216
Blueknight78

Quote:

Maybe she is secretly enjoying having goblin's juice drenched her body?
well since her "last party" proofed to be a terrible experience and Gs proof being a really good "newbie tutor and protector is not really strange she stick with him, if was myself probably i could have stick with him knowing which with him i really could have a big chance to survive as long we keep fighting goblins, than others groups.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2016-11-03 at 14:47.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 06:55   Link #217
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well since her "last perty" proofed to be a terrible experience and Gs proof being a really good "newbie tutor and protector is not really strange she stick with him, if was myself probably i could have stick with him knowing which with him i really could have a big chance to survive as long we keep fighting goblins, than others groups.
Yeah, but how long does she needs to stick with him? Plus, if fighting goblins somewhat traumatised her to party with other adventurers, she can always skip any quests that related to goblins and go for other quests such as banishing 2 skeletons at the north or fending wild rabbits from eating the corps and etc.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 09:36   Link #218
Blankdom

imo, she's sticking with him to learn, he's an experienced silver rank, even if it only relates to goblins; could show her the ropes, and forge her mindset -- like with the protection spell as a barricade, and his advice of "Imagination is a weapon."
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 14:55   Link #219
Blueknight78

Quote:
Yeah, but how long does she needs to stick with him? Plus, if fighting goblins somewhat traumatised her to party with other adventurers, she can always skip any quests that related to goblins and go for other quests such as banishing 2 skeletons at the north or fending wild rabbits from eating the corps and etc.
well if "goblins" already hare "too hard" for her and too traumatic then this could means which since she can't handle the "supposed most weaks" monsters then how she could handly other monsters, even skeletons, we know maybe skeletons can't rape but goblins are not the "only dangerous" humanoid races, we still have orcs, ogres, giants, minotaurs and others dangerous species which can also want to "rape" or eat they preys, is not just "goblins", when you are starting as a adventurer you must be "really ready", for it and don't think which every day will be perfect and you gonna just stomp every threat as nothing or if you get caught they will be "nice" and only will trap you and nothing more, you must expectat the worst from the "worst", that is a trouble in overal "fantasy adventures" setup world they are made soo light which ending making peoples believe which be a hero is just "flashing and shiny" and all the enemies or are weaklings or the 'worst thing is be kjilled" while the truth is which be "killed" could be the most "nice thing which can happen to you" in the worst scenario, and you can ending have really worst things like rape, be a rat lab, be eating alive, torture and a whole lot of really bad things which make death look as the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
imo, she's sticking with him to learn, he's an experienced silver rank, even if it only relates to goblins; could show her the ropes, and forge her mindset -- like with the protection spell as a barricade, and his advice of "Imagination is a weapon."
yeah sticking which him can give her a lot of experience to learn to deal in "real battle" and not just goblins, some of his advices can basically work with many others threats, like the fact which he like to use helms to actually protect his head from surprise arrows and things like that, what most of the "anime/manga/novels fantasy heroes don't like to use or forget or just don't need because or the enemies are too stupid to never try to go for a "headshot" or the character is so OP which he don't need to worry about it, many of GS tactics are very good to deal with many situations not just "goblins", he being a "methodic character only make things better for him cuz this means which he aways will be ready for the true "worst".
Old 2016-11-04, 06:01   Link #220
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

List of the voice actors for the Drama CD of Goblin Slayer:
Goblin Slayer : Yuuichirou Umehara

Priestess : Yui Ogura

High Elf Archer : Nao Toyama

Cow Girl : Yuka Iguchi

Guild Girl : Maaya Uchida

Dwarf Shaman : Yuichi Nakamura

Lizard Priest : Tomokazu Sugita

Sorceress : Yoko Hikasa