AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 12:09   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The second episode was as good and hilarious as the first.

Nino was simply lovely in this episode. I'd eat her fish. I loved the bath scene and what followed afterward: Ric remembering his father and saying he'll pay her back for washing his hair, but she replies she did it because she wanted to and thanks him instead. DAAAWWWW <3

The other residents look very promising, Sister was just awesome ! Can't wait to see more of them.

PS: I love the "chant" Nino used in the bath. "Abibanono aaaaabibanono"
Maaya Sakamoto is doing such a great job.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:54   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Honestly when does Hou-chan, NOT deliver? Lotta great male seiyuu in this one.
So very true on both statements. Hou-chan always delivers, plus it's been a few years since he's had a role as big as this. About damn time.

& yeah we have such a great line-up of male seiyuu's. Especially the one and only Takehito Koyasu, who voices the ever so epic Sister.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:57   Link #203
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the 2nd episode was expecting more . Given it was a transitional introductory episode . The Sister though had me laughing real hard ^^
Old 2010-04-12, 16:15   Link #204
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Epic comedy and any OP/EDs, that is what I love about SHAFT.

Ric's 'home' is quite spacious for being built either in or around a bridge pillar.

Nino's too cute. Definitely a girl he shouldn't let go off. The bath scene was quite charming.

Judging by the rest of the weirdos, this is only going to get better from here on.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:53   Link #205
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Finally got around to watching this and I have to say, I like the second episode better than the first. I love it that unlike the typical oblivious male harem lead, Kou realizes that for all quirkiness Nino is physically very attractive, and his confusion over a conversation topic makes sense too (what would you talk about with a girl who seriouslyu claims herself to be a Venutian?). Afterward, we're treated to a very sweet scene of the bath and washing his hair. But the most awesome character is the Sister, I just can't stop laughing ever since he appeared. Oh, and I would love it too to have a 5 second mass with free cookies in the end!

One thing I particularly love is Nino's relationship with Kou, for someone lacking most common sense she can read his thoughts very well, and provides insights for him as well. In fact, one theme that I got from watching this episode is that: what happened in the past before you come here doesn't matter, what's important is the new life you're having here under the bridge. In fact *puts on tinfoil hat* perhaps there has been a traumatizing event in Nino's past, one that not only affects her to be the loon that she is now but one that she desperately wants to leave behind and forget, even if she has to live under the bridge.

So yeah, it's still a kind of random type of humor, but I found myself laughing through most of the episode and was kept entertained until the end. Can't wait for the next episode.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 19:49   Link #206
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Maybe it's just me but I really like the op and ed songs so far I'm loving the show.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:17   Link #207
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: I love the "chant" Nino used in the bath. "Abibanono aaaaabibanono"
So do I

I really enjoy this series which mixes well absurd humor and cuteness (Nino). I'm looking forward to seeing more the inhabitants (specially the "star head" or the special "sister"). Op & ED are nice but I prefer the OP because of its specific visuals (and Nino with pink hair is really cute).
By the way some artists on Pixiv have drawn nice fanarts :

and lulz :
Old 2010-04-12, 20:49   Link #208
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
(what would you talk about with a girl who seriouslyu claims herself to be a Venutian?).
I probably would've said "What's Venus like? I don't know much about it". Recruit's problem there seemed to be that he felt like he had to act like he was well informed about it, when he would've been better off acting ignorant and curious. A lot of people like to talk about themselves, although who knows about Nino. I figured his confusion was a cultural difference, although I suppose it could've been a personality thing too.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 21:35   Link #209
wingman32x

Good episode. I'm beginning to get used to/appreciate the weirdness of this show. It's beginning to grow on me. Anyway, on to the episode. I really liked Ko and Nino's interactions this episode. They already have good chemestry. I love how odd Nino is. Yeah, the whole "Everybody is wearing a mask" thing kind of freaks me out a bit. I'll probably get used to it, but it's weird. Lol, the "Sister" was pretty funny, especially when we found out how he conducted mass. Shortest Mass ever lol.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 21:41   Link #210
Midonin
Last Engage

Takehito Koyasu voicing a man who claims to be a priest yet solves all his problems by blowing them up. Now if only Eri Kitamura had a role in this show...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 22:06   Link #211
klare

eps 2 is still funny, the OP has too many fish tho...

the star of this eps has to be the sister (i dont think it is a real gun)

the biggest let down has to be the bath scene i guess
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 22:15   Link #212
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just watched episode one and it was really good - funny from beginning to end. The kappa with the zipper killed me, so good.

I kind of wish we had different voice actors but they fit the part and do it well, so I won't complain.
Old 2010-04-12, 23:37   Link #213
Truth101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
So do I

I really enjoy this series which mixes well absurd humor and cuteness (Nino). I'm looking forward to seeing more the inhabitants (specially the "star head" or the special "sister"). Op & ED are nice but I prefer the OP because of its specific visuals (and Nino with pink hair is really cute).
By the way some artists on Pixiv have drawn nice fanarts :

and lulz :
They're already out and drawing the fanart yay >.<

Oh, the OP&ED are amazing it's been awhile since I've been treated to something so nice.
Truth101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:12   Link #214
Clarste
Human

How old is Nino anyway? Do we have an age range for her?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 01:47   Link #215
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
How old is Nino anyway? Do we have an age range for her?
if you look at her jacket and it says 2-3 on it I'm assuming she's a 2nd yr (3rd here in the US) high school student somewhere between 17-20ish? (repeater...) unless she's really a venusian then she's probably older than we think she might be?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 03:28   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
if you look at her jacket and it says 2-3 on it I'm assuming she's a 2nd yr (3rd here in the US) high school student somewhere between 17-20ish? (repeater...) unless she's really a venusian then she's probably older than we think she might be?
For all we know, that jacket could be old, or something she found.
Old 2010-04-13, 03:38   Link #217
Mentar
Banned

Yes, I watched it. Yes, I chuckled. Yes, it's objectively creative.

But... am I the only one for who watching this feels like hard physical labor? About three times in 2 minutes I want to scream. Once in 5 minutes I want to strangle the male lead for stupidity. And once every 10 seconds, I feel a braincell of mine dying in a scream of agony.

In a nutshell, after 1 episode I feel physically drained and mentally violated ^_^;

I wonder how comes that I still watch it. There MUST be a reason...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 03:53   Link #218
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For all we know, that jacket could be old, or something she found.
well that thought also came into my head, but looking at her physical appearance she does look like a hs student don't you think so? besides, just like i said, she might also be a venusian just as she proclaim, so... uh... well who knows
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 04:04   Link #219
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
But... am I the only one for who watching this feels like hard physical labor? About three times in 2 minutes I want to scream. Once in 5 minutes I want to strangle the male lead for stupidity. And once every 10 seconds, I feel a braincell of mine dying in a scream of agony.
Other people have mentioned this, but I really don't see it, personally. I think the time just flies by and the male lead is completely charming in his neuroses. There is something rather adorable about a grown man getting all flustered because a girl is in his "room." (And yes, I do understand the full "implications", but still.)
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 05:19   Link #220
zato_1one

This series is gold. I always prefer a joke which doesn't rely solely on parody or ecchi. I'd say that it's quite creative.

I suspect that these people may come from a wealthy family like Recruit too.

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, shaft